• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:05
CEST 04:05
KST 11:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)24Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8581 users

Rossi's energy catalyzer - Page 43

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 51 Next
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22627 Posts
January 27 2014 13:58 GMT
#841
For me this has always been a simple scenario.
If you have a machine that cheaply produces more energy then is put in you have it verified by scientists in a foolproof manner tho you can keep the 'magic substance' inside secret and you then proceed to become the richest man on earth for solving the energy crisis.
The fact this thing has gotten no where yet is the biggest red flag there is. Its like having a cure for cancer and refusing to undergo clinical trials....
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
woody60707
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1863 Posts
January 27 2014 15:42 GMT
#842
Does anyone still believe this? I just assumed everyone that was doped in to this is now embarrassed and/or forgotten about it.
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
January 27 2014 15:53 GMT
#843
On January 28 2014 00:42 woody60707 wrote:
Does anyone still believe this? I just assumed everyone that was doped in to this is now embarrassed and/or forgotten about it.

It's still slowly building up, some sort of fluff details being added regularly. What I mean to say is, if it's a scam, it has not yet broken down and collapsed.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
January 27 2014 16:19 GMT
#844
On January 28 2014 00:53 Ropid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2014 00:42 woody60707 wrote:
Does anyone still believe this? I just assumed everyone that was doped in to this is now embarrassed and/or forgotten about it.

It's still slowly building up, some sort of fluff details being added regularly. What I mean to say is, if it's a scam, it has not yet broken down and collapsed.

Scams work better when people don't figure them out... That's why everything Rossi's team does is an elaborate plan that aims to hide everything a scientist would need to see in order to make a decent assessment of whatever is happening.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Reason
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United Kingdom2770 Posts
January 27 2014 16:22 GMT
#845
Let it be true
Speak properly, and in as few words as you can, but always plainly; for the end of speech is not ostentation, but to be understood.
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
January 27 2014 16:43 GMT
#846
On January 28 2014 01:19 Djzapz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2014 00:53 Ropid wrote:
On January 28 2014 00:42 woody60707 wrote:
Does anyone still believe this? I just assumed everyone that was doped in to this is now embarrassed and/or forgotten about it.

It's still slowly building up, some sort of fluff details being added regularly. What I mean to say is, if it's a scam, it has not yet broken down and collapsed.

Scams work better when people don't figure them out... That's why everything Rossi's team does is an elaborate plan that aims to hide everything a scientist would need to see in order to make a decent assessment of whatever is happening.


Devil's advocate: The idea of using aluminum in these types of processes has been theorized/suggested in the past, but never came to fruition. In things like this (I work in chemistry research pertaining to material science), an extremely simple, small change to a process can change everything. I still think it's *possible* this is the real deal. In projects I have worked on, sometimes you just make a shot in the dark and everything works out. This easily could be the case here, and if it was, giving hints as to what they did would make it really obvious how they did it, which would then allow others to reproduce it. Without that hint, the possibilities are infinite. But with the hint, lots of people could figure it out. This situation has been seen many times in science. It may be the case here, it may not be. But the entire idea of wanting to give 0 hints is not unheard of in situations like those.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
January 27 2014 17:23 GMT
#847
Maybe I'm naive, but I have a hard time believing that a VC firm would sink 8 figures into something that's a scam. One thing that I noted from those articles above is that Industrial Heat is looking first to license the product to universities for further development. That would suggest to me that there's still some kinks to be worked out.
Integra
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden5626 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-27 18:24:57
January 27 2014 18:19 GMT
#848
On January 28 2014 02:23 xDaunt wrote:
Maybe I'm naive, but I have a hard time believing that a VC firm would sink 8 figures into something that's a scam. One thing that I noted from those articles above is that Industrial Heat is looking first to license the product to universities for further development. That would suggest to me that there's still some kinks to be worked out.

This line of reasoning was something simillar the government of Lombardy in Italy thought as well when they believed in the company Petroldragon that Rossi had started claiming that he could transform oil from normal waste. Rossi was however accused of tax fraud and once they started to seize his assets as part of a the trial they've found that his company had illegally dumped the waste that was suppostly being turned into oil. more exactly 70,000 tonnes of toxic waste that the government of Lombardy spent over forty million euros to dispose of in sanitations cost. Rossi got four years of prison time.
"Dark Pleasure" | | I survived the Locust war of May 3, 2014
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
January 27 2014 18:31 GMT
#849
It's called venture capitalism for a reason.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Crushinator
Profile Joined August 2011
Netherlands2138 Posts
January 27 2014 18:32 GMT
#850
On January 28 2014 02:23 xDaunt wrote:
Maybe I'm naive, but I have a hard time believing that a VC firm would sink 8 figures into something that's a scam. One thing that I noted from those articles above is that Industrial Heat is looking first to license the product to universities for further development. That would suggest to me that there's still some kinks to be worked out.


VCs lose millions on shit that in hindsight was never going to work all the time. Doing high risk stuff like this is their purpose.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
January 27 2014 18:36 GMT
#851
On January 28 2014 03:32 Crushinator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2014 02:23 xDaunt wrote:
Maybe I'm naive, but I have a hard time believing that a VC firm would sink 8 figures into something that's a scam. One thing that I noted from those articles above is that Industrial Heat is looking first to license the product to universities for further development. That would suggest to me that there's still some kinks to be worked out.


VCs lose millions on shit that in hindsight was never going to work all the time. Doing high risk stuff like this is their purpose.

Sure, that I'm aware of. But for a VC firm to invest in Rossi -- despite his history -- makes me wonder.
Crushinator
Profile Joined August 2011
Netherlands2138 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-27 18:44:54
January 27 2014 18:44 GMT
#852
On January 28 2014 03:36 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2014 03:32 Crushinator wrote:
On January 28 2014 02:23 xDaunt wrote:
Maybe I'm naive, but I have a hard time believing that a VC firm would sink 8 figures into something that's a scam. One thing that I noted from those articles above is that Industrial Heat is looking first to license the product to universities for further development. That would suggest to me that there's still some kinks to be worked out.


VCs lose millions on shit that in hindsight was never going to work all the time. Doing high risk stuff like this is their purpose.

Sure, that I'm aware of. But for a VC firm to invest in Rossi -- despite his history -- makes me wonder.


Well there is a theoretical basis for the technology that Rossi is claiming to have developed, the potential payoff is huge and they might feel confident that they are able to recover most of their investment through litigation if it is a complete scam. The number is only 11 million, if it was a billion you would have more cause to wonder.
FromShouri
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States862 Posts
January 27 2014 19:01 GMT
#853
On January 28 2014 03:36 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2014 03:32 Crushinator wrote:
On January 28 2014 02:23 xDaunt wrote:
Maybe I'm naive, but I have a hard time believing that a VC firm would sink 8 figures into something that's a scam. One thing that I noted from those articles above is that Industrial Heat is looking first to license the product to universities for further development. That would suggest to me that there's still some kinks to be worked out.


VCs lose millions on shit that in hindsight was never going to work all the time. Doing high risk stuff like this is their purpose.

Sure, that I'm aware of. But for a VC firm to invest in Rossi -- despite his history -- makes me wonder.

Sorry dude, your logic is shaky. I dont know much of rossi but what little ive read makes me believe he is an experienced con man. And an experienced conman most certainly can manipulate shit.
Limited Edition, lets do some simple addition, $50 for a T-Shirt is just some ignorant bitch shit.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
January 27 2014 19:31 GMT
#854
On January 28 2014 04:01 FromShouri wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2014 03:36 xDaunt wrote:
On January 28 2014 03:32 Crushinator wrote:
On January 28 2014 02:23 xDaunt wrote:
Maybe I'm naive, but I have a hard time believing that a VC firm would sink 8 figures into something that's a scam. One thing that I noted from those articles above is that Industrial Heat is looking first to license the product to universities for further development. That would suggest to me that there's still some kinks to be worked out.


VCs lose millions on shit that in hindsight was never going to work all the time. Doing high risk stuff like this is their purpose.

Sure, that I'm aware of. But for a VC firm to invest in Rossi -- despite his history -- makes me wonder.

Sorry dude, your logic is shaky. I dont know much of rossi but what little ive read makes me believe he is an experienced con man. And an experienced conman most certainly can manipulate shit.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still waiting to see the thing work. However, I do think that the general poo-pooing of the machine that is going on in this thread is a little premature.
mcc
Profile Joined October 2010
Czech Republic4646 Posts
January 27 2014 20:07 GMT
#855
On January 28 2014 04:31 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2014 04:01 FromShouri wrote:
On January 28 2014 03:36 xDaunt wrote:
On January 28 2014 03:32 Crushinator wrote:
On January 28 2014 02:23 xDaunt wrote:
Maybe I'm naive, but I have a hard time believing that a VC firm would sink 8 figures into something that's a scam. One thing that I noted from those articles above is that Industrial Heat is looking first to license the product to universities for further development. That would suggest to me that there's still some kinks to be worked out.


VCs lose millions on shit that in hindsight was never going to work all the time. Doing high risk stuff like this is their purpose.

Sure, that I'm aware of. But for a VC firm to invest in Rossi -- despite his history -- makes me wonder.

Sorry dude, your logic is shaky. I dont know much of rossi but what little ive read makes me believe he is an experienced con man. And an experienced conman most certainly can manipulate shit.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still waiting to see the thing work. However, I do think that the general poo-pooing of the machine that is going on in this thread is a little premature.

It isn't. Based on history of scams you can make pretty safe call it is a scam. It might not be, but maybe I can sell you perpetum mobile. The fact that some company is investing means exactly nothing. Companies are not much better at detecting scams than individuals are.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
January 27 2014 20:27 GMT
#856
Just open up the guy's device, see how it works, then arrest him; simple. If they'd just do that this nonsense would be done with.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
January 27 2014 20:30 GMT
#857
how hard is to pay someone to steal that shit?. for 11 mil you'd get Rossi too ...
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-27 20:41:53
January 27 2014 20:41 GMT
#858
On January 28 2014 05:07 mcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2014 04:31 xDaunt wrote:
On January 28 2014 04:01 FromShouri wrote:
On January 28 2014 03:36 xDaunt wrote:
On January 28 2014 03:32 Crushinator wrote:
On January 28 2014 02:23 xDaunt wrote:
Maybe I'm naive, but I have a hard time believing that a VC firm would sink 8 figures into something that's a scam. One thing that I noted from those articles above is that Industrial Heat is looking first to license the product to universities for further development. That would suggest to me that there's still some kinks to be worked out.


VCs lose millions on shit that in hindsight was never going to work all the time. Doing high risk stuff like this is their purpose.

Sure, that I'm aware of. But for a VC firm to invest in Rossi -- despite his history -- makes me wonder.

Sorry dude, your logic is shaky. I dont know much of rossi but what little ive read makes me believe he is an experienced con man. And an experienced conman most certainly can manipulate shit.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still waiting to see the thing work. However, I do think that the general poo-pooing of the machine that is going on in this thread is a little premature.

It isn't. Based on history of scams you can make pretty safe call it is a scam. It might not be, but maybe I can sell you perpetum mobile. The fact that some company is investing means exactly nothing. Companies are not much better at detecting scams than individuals are.
Agreed (at least on the last part).

And even if companies were very good at detecting scams, this could be part of the minority. The fact that one company is investing in it is no evidence it is no scam, much like no company investing would not prove it's a scam.
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22627 Posts
January 27 2014 22:40 GMT
#859
On January 28 2014 04:31 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2014 04:01 FromShouri wrote:
On January 28 2014 03:36 xDaunt wrote:
On January 28 2014 03:32 Crushinator wrote:
On January 28 2014 02:23 xDaunt wrote:
Maybe I'm naive, but I have a hard time believing that a VC firm would sink 8 figures into something that's a scam. One thing that I noted from those articles above is that Industrial Heat is looking first to license the product to universities for further development. That would suggest to me that there's still some kinks to be worked out.


VCs lose millions on shit that in hindsight was never going to work all the time. Doing high risk stuff like this is their purpose.

Sure, that I'm aware of. But for a VC firm to invest in Rossi -- despite his history -- makes me wonder.

Sorry dude, your logic is shaky. I dont know much of rossi but what little ive read makes me believe he is an experienced con man. And an experienced conman most certainly can manipulate shit.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still waiting to see the thing work. However, I do think that the general poo-pooing of the machine that is going on in this thread is a little premature.

This stuff is 2.5 years old. If it is true then he solved the world energy crisis and could be one of the wealthiest man on the planet because of it yet the project is no further then it was 2.5 years ago.

How is saying it is a scam premature?
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
jungsu
Profile Joined February 2010
United States279 Posts
January 27 2014 22:56 GMT
#860
Scam's gone on so long that Focardi's dead lol..
go nony
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 51 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 142
Nina 79
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13510
Rain 2231
Artosis 615
Dewaltoss 32
NaDa 20
Bale 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever629
NeuroSwarm161
League of Legends
Doublelift4743
Counter-Strike
taco 527
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1637
ArmadaUGS333
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1257
WinterStarcraft506
Other Games
summit1g7732
Day[9].tv716
JimRising 628
PiGStarcraft215
C9.Mang0193
Maynarde159
ViBE124
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick863
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream135
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• davetesta32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv716
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 56m
OSC
10h 56m
Stellar Fest
10h 56m
OSC
21h 56m
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.