• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:53
CEST 11:53
KST 18:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8066 users

What do you work as, or aspire to do? - Page 23

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 28 Next All
Picklesicle
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States64 Posts
July 12 2011 00:11 GMT
#441
I have worked in a variety of fields over the years, ranging from robotics to biochemistry to graphic design. But now (and for the past 10 years) I am primarily a lighting designer for theater, dance, concerts and installations and a theatrical technical director.

I also run a small company geared towards vocational training for those interested in technical theater.

I love my job. It's very rewarding, if very consuming.
Perseverance
Profile Joined February 2010
Japan2800 Posts
July 12 2011 00:15 GMT
#442
US Air Force here. I aspire to be retired...lol
<3 Moonbattles
RowdierBob
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Australia13526 Posts
July 12 2011 00:32 GMT
#443
I'd love to be a features writer for a publication like Time or Rolling Stones. Or be an NBA/F1 writer for ESPN (does this make me a sellout? Bleh who cares, it would be awesome)
"Terrans are pretty much space-Australians" - H
dryax
Profile Joined May 2011
14 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-12 00:33:35
July 12 2011 00:33 GMT
#444
want to get into IB VC or PE
Intox
Profile Joined February 2011
Norway62 Posts
July 26 2011 06:53 GMT
#445
On July 12 2011 09:15 Perseverance wrote:
US Air Force here. I aspire to be retired...lol

Lol, that would be so damn boring. I dont look forward to that at all
Tewks44
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2032 Posts
July 26 2011 07:47 GMT
#446
I'm studying accounting right now and hoping to become an public company auditor.
"that is our ethos; free content, starcraft content, websites that work occasionally" -Sean "Day[9]" Plott
Fix637
Profile Joined February 2011
United States256 Posts
July 26 2011 07:59 GMT
#447
I work as a manager at Gamestop. As jobs go, it's definitely not terrible.

I'm working towards a Bachelor's in voice and aim to become a singer (singing pretty much anywhere, but broadway would be nice).

I'm also working towards pro-gaming. =p
bo0
Profile Joined April 2011
Belgium550 Posts
July 26 2011 07:59 GMT
#448
I'm studying physics at university for now, not entirely sure what I plan on doing with it (doubting between master in astronomy or master in theoretical physics). That is, if I even get there in the first place, as I'm failing pretty badly. My "back-up" plan is studying history and then becoming a highschool teacher probably. I like explaining things to people, I find the subjects really interesting and it isn't as hard on the math as physics (lol) so it seems like a good idea. Still, I'm gonna try to not take the "easy way out" immediatly (not to say that history is easy or anything, just that physics is much harder than I had expected).
Kenshin_915
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada139 Posts
July 26 2011 08:21 GMT
#449
Just finishing high school right now, I plan to join the Canadian military. I'm either going to be an electronics-optronics technician (If I can get it) or a Cook (What I have the most job experience in). Assuming I can take either job I'm still deciding what I'd enjoy more. I've always loved technology and found electronics very interesting, but I don't have any experience in the field. On the other hand, I have experience cooking and am familiar with it; but unless you have a passion for it or really enjoy cooking it, it can be more grinding than WoW (I'd be cooking for 500-1000 people every day if I choose cook, that's a ton of food prep). I'll probably try to go for being an EO tech, it would be new and challenging and having an education in electrical systems would be very useful if I leave the military.
Ruyguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada988 Posts
July 26 2011 08:25 GMT
#450
I work as a line cook doing appetizers, saute and sometimes salads. I don't mind it's pretty fun mostly because of the people I work with. Im also a third year finance major looking forward to being an investment banker somewhere in Canada.
iAmSiklee
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada74 Posts
July 26 2011 08:29 GMT
#451
I'm a network administrator for a med-size company...


and i play around with their servers and routers :D
Gummy
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2180 Posts
July 26 2011 08:34 GMT
#452
I kind of want to be a professional Opera singer, but I'm not really confident in my vocal talent or my stage presence.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.
Coindrop
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States203 Posts
July 27 2011 00:16 GMT
#453
I plan on studying physical therapy in the near future, but it's a long road and I am content at my job for the time being and am slowly paying off debt.

I work as a receptionist at an organic day spa and hair salon
US Server ID: Coindrop // Code: 990 // www.Hugs-and-Kisses.org
Johndarke
Profile Joined June 2011
United States81 Posts
July 27 2011 00:26 GMT
#454
I'm getting into the field of School Psychology. Emotionally draining work, pays pretty crappy but I've been exposed to a lot of what the field pertains to, and I feel like it's where I can truly make a difference for a child.
Leenock, TheSTC, MC, MVP, Boxer HWAITING!!!!!!!
Unreg
Profile Joined August 2010
181 Posts
July 27 2011 00:29 GMT
#455
WoW , not many architects arround -D
Well I just finished Uni , I been working as an architect in the creative field, brainstorming for 3 years now.
I aspire that in the next 5 years I do a public equipment and try to compete internationaly
less is more
Cirn9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
1117 Posts
July 27 2011 00:30 GMT
#456
I work in food service right now, I'd like to eventually be a home-ec teacher, but I'm not sure if that subject exists anymore
Unprotected sex is like fast expanding in close positions. Its risky, but feels great when it works out
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
July 27 2011 00:34 GMT
#457
I wrote nothing, but my real aspiration is to enjoy life and improve myself as a person while I do it.

As for my job, I don't know what cryptolinguist would be under. IT?
antelope591
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada820 Posts
July 27 2011 00:35 GMT
#458
Im an RN work in hemodyalysis currently for a decent size hospital. Work is great, money's great hours are good...no complaints here. Ill be pursuining a masters eventually.
zerglingrodeo
Profile Joined September 2010
United States910 Posts
July 27 2011 00:36 GMT
#459
I am not quite sure where to mark it...I am working on my Ph.D in Philosophy right now.

I want to be a professor/pro-Starcraft 2v2 player. :D
"This is how philosophers should salute one another: 'Take your time!'' - Wittgenstein
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
July 27 2011 00:46 GMT
#460
After college I plan on going into the field of Architecture Tech. I first wanted to just go into general Architecture, but after co-oping at a firm for 5ish months, I realised I liked the on-computer part of the design process.
Hence, Architecture Tech.
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech44
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 483
Horang2 379
Zeus 361
Larva 303
Jaedong 233
Pusan 118
Mind 104
sorry 74
ggaemo 68
Hyun 66
[ Show more ]
scan(afreeca) 55
Killer 49
Barracks 48
Bale 42
Yoon 32
NotJumperer 31
Sharp 29
Sacsri 18
Hm[arnc] 17
Shinee 16
Noble 6
Dota 2
febbydoto101
League of Legends
JimRising 396
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1447
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King88
Other Games
summit1g7875
ceh9650
Happy350
crisheroes219
Sick180
dupreeh96
Pyrionflax92
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick569
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast9
• LUISG 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2277
League of Legends
• Jankos1129
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 8m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 8m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.