• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:59
CEST 15:59
KST 22:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War485.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7829 users

Canada Day Thread - Page 7

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 11 Next All
Ben...
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3485 Posts
July 02 2011 01:44 GMT
#121
On July 02 2011 08:49 MrDudeMan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2011 07:56 ToxNub wrote:

Thank you for your dishonest representation and simplification of a complex political shift as "qq election". You're not doing your side credit.

For the above poster and those interested in the reason I make these statements...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realigning_election#Canada

Canada has been changing over the past two decades. We have a majority conservative government even though the majority of canadians voted against harper (gg fptp). We backed out of Kyoto, we are involved in too many conflicts we don't support (sound familiar USA?). Our science minister won't even come out and say he believes in evolution. Along with this shift has come several things: more corporate welfare, reductions in funding from everything from battered women's shelters, to immigration programs, to a complete disregard for the environment. Fun fact! Now Canada, per capita, pollutes more than the United States. Alberta, my province, in particular, (also conservative) has basically sold off our assets to foreign companies for pennies on the dollar. And the culture, where do I begin... it's a land of rig pigs with too much cash, nothing to spend it on but cocaine and big trucks and liquor, a place where racism and homophobia thrive. The friendly stereotypes that americans have given canadians rarely apply anymore.

I'm not even blaming the conservatives... What hurts me the most is that my fellow canadians actually support this shit. And no, I'm not leaving, because I love this country and I'm doing my best to prevent it from going to shit.


Just so we're clear, Alberta is like the most racist province in Canada, if you moved west to BC or east to Toronto/Quebec you would see people in general are far more accepting. However I have to agree about the country going downhill, especially in the sense of business corruption. The lack of competition that is enforced by a law to protect "Canadian Identity" has turned the business in Canada into basically a monopoly of sorts. I hope eventually the government might intervene and finally decide to do its job. However I plan to learn swedish very soon.

Besides all that, Happy Birthday Canada!

I would say Alberta is about equal with us in Saskatchewan (At least the cities. Saskatoon where I live for sure.) in terms of racism and homophobia, and to be frank, most people here disgust me. The same dumb rich people with big trucks and huge amounts of liquor and drugs are found here, as our economy is strong. Small towns are much different and there are types of people who I see from them (I deal with a lot of small town folks at work), the friendly farmers (I love these guys. They fit the friendly Canadian stereotype and are the most understanding and humble people you will meet.) and grumpy, racist old people (The backbone of the Conservative/Saskatchewan Party here. If ridings were broken into smaller groups with the cities would be primarily NDP/Liberal while rural areas would be purely Conservative, but since they are combined, the huge number of old people who vote Conservative overrule the youth and younger adult voters of the cities, hence why every riding in our province is Conservative except one in Regina that is the stronghold of Liberal Ralph Goodale).

Regardless, happy Canada Day everyone. I may not like some of the people here, but it is a great place to live.
"Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide" -Tastosis
AeroGear
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada652 Posts
July 02 2011 02:47 GMT
#122
Just came back from the fireworks in Quebec city, it was a pretty cool show albeit short

Would've preferred it without all the people saying "Oooooh/Ahhhhhhh" but its understandable with all the children around.

Go Canada!
Driven by hate, fueled by rage
Rhyohan
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada16 Posts
July 02 2011 02:52 GMT
#123
I'm So Proud to be a canadian!! =D Thanks you USA ppl for even knowing this! xD <3 And My fav Canadian's Chris Loranger. Nuffsaid...
Imba Imba Imba!!!... x_x
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
July 02 2011 03:02 GMT
#124
Didn't do anything all day :| just drove my bike around and seen the last of the fireworks just as they were ended.. I feel like I wasted this special day,
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
Asrathiel
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Australia377 Posts
July 02 2011 03:07 GMT
#125
Happy Canada Day!

I'm half Canadian :D Haven't been there for ages though
for science... you monster
Warpath
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1242 Posts
July 02 2011 03:10 GMT
#126
i slept in till 1am, otherwise business on a no-work day as usual.
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
July 02 2011 03:15 GMT
#127
I hope too many people don't go apeshit drunk and wreak havoc outside, be safe.

Happy Canada Day!
I <3 Plexa.
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
July 02 2011 03:23 GMT
#128
On July 02 2011 00:24 Roe wrote:
Canada became a kingdom in its own right on that date, but the British Parliament kept limited rights of political control over the new country that were shed by stages over the years until the last vestiges were surrendered in 1982 when the Constitution Act patriated the Canadian constitution.



Wait, wait, kingdom? Dominion maybe. Although I think John A MacDonald considered calling Canada a kingdom because it would piss of the Americans in the south...

In any event, Happy birthday Canada! (Yay time-and-a-half wages!)
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
RemedySC
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada176 Posts
July 02 2011 04:29 GMT
#129
Happy Canada Day!!! <3

Also favorite Canadian would probably be Jim Carrey.
Myrkskog
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada481 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-02 04:50:23
July 02 2011 04:50 GMT
#130
On July 02 2011 08:49 MrDudeMan wrote:
]Just so we're clear, Alberta is like the most racist province in Canada, if you moved west to BC or east to Toronto/Quebec you would see people in general are far more accepting. However I have to agree about the country going downhill, especially in the sense of business corruption. The lack of competition that is enforced by a law to protect "Canadian Identity" has turned the business in Canada into basically a monopoly of sorts. I hope eventually the government might intervene and finally decide to do its job. However I plan to learn swedish very soon.

Besides all that, Happy Birthday Canada!


Yet Calgary elected Canada's only Muslim mayor. Racism is most apparent in small towns, regardless of that town being in B.C, Alberta, Ontario or anywhere else in the country. Don't act like a douche.
Daogin
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada2308 Posts
July 02 2011 04:58 GMT
#131
Happy Canada day guyyyys!!!!!
Leenoctopus <3, master of foreign events.
infinitely
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada89 Posts
July 02 2011 05:00 GMT
#132
On July 02 2011 13:50 Myrkskog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2011 08:49 MrDudeMan wrote:
]Just so we're clear, Alberta is like the most racist province in Canada, if you moved west to BC or east to Toronto/Quebec you would see people in general are far more accepting. However I have to agree about the country going downhill, especially in the sense of business corruption. The lack of competition that is enforced by a law to protect "Canadian Identity" has turned the business in Canada into basically a monopoly of sorts. I hope eventually the government might intervene and finally decide to do its job. However I plan to learn swedish very soon.

Besides all that, Happy Birthday Canada!


Yet Calgary elected Canada's only Muslim mayor. Racism is most apparent in small towns, regardless of that town being in B.C, Alberta, Ontario or anywhere else in the country. Don't act like a douche.

Yeah. Just generalizing all of Alberta as racists isnt cool . Chills here. He's cool.
Don't forget your detection!
Essbee
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada2371 Posts
July 02 2011 05:14 GMT
#133
Milk in bags ftw!
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
July 02 2011 05:18 GMT
#134
Canada is a beautiful country
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
July 02 2011 05:20 GMT
#135
On July 02 2011 14:00 infinitely wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2011 13:50 Myrkskog wrote:
On July 02 2011 08:49 MrDudeMan wrote:
]Just so we're clear, Alberta is like the most racist province in Canada, if you moved west to BC or east to Toronto/Quebec you would see people in general are far more accepting. However I have to agree about the country going downhill, especially in the sense of business corruption. The lack of competition that is enforced by a law to protect "Canadian Identity" has turned the business in Canada into basically a monopoly of sorts. I hope eventually the government might intervene and finally decide to do its job. However I plan to learn swedish very soon.

Besides all that, Happy Birthday Canada!


Yet Calgary elected Canada's only Muslim mayor. Racism is most apparent in small towns, regardless of that town being in B.C, Alberta, Ontario or anywhere else in the country. Don't act like a douche.

Yeah. Just generalizing all of Alberta as racists isnt cool . Chills here. He's cool.


I live outside Edmonton, and I'm probably the most culturally liberal person I know.

But then again, that probably isn't saying too much... :p
you gotta dance
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
July 02 2011 05:23 GMT
#136
IGN said this is fourth of july, but for canadians
POGGERS
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
July 02 2011 06:04 GMT
#137
I crossed the border tonight to go watch transformers 3 (only place around with a big enough theater to have it in 3d) and had forgotten that today was... well, today. Just as I'm through customs, I hear an explosion behind me and I flip SHIT, thinking the border patrol is shooting at me or something ridiculous.

It was fireworks. Border patrol officers had quite a laugh though after they figured out what I stopped so suddenly for.
TalonKarrde
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada104 Posts
July 02 2011 06:56 GMT
#138
There was some fun celebrations in whitehorse Yukon today plus FREE CAKE! It was delicious

Happy Canada Day!

eh!
Wild Karrde
gosuMalicE
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada676 Posts
July 02 2011 08:17 GMT
#139
Hell yeah Canada day just got home drunk as shit, going to play some FFA and then pass out.
I play Protoss, because lets face it, who doesn't love hyper-advanced Egyptian ninja-aliens that kill people with lightsabres attached to both arms?
DeadCell
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada256 Posts
July 03 2011 01:56 GMT
#140
I've lived in Canada all my life, but I have never seen milk in bags...:S

I love this beautiful country :D
If it comes down to you or them, send flowers.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 331
TKL 245
CranKy Ducklings138
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1120
Lowko511
TKL 245
Rex 126
ProTech120
MindelVK 23
EmSc Tv 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 58421
Free 2008
Horang2 322
firebathero 252
Zeus 181
Last 100
Hyun 88
Pusan 79
ToSsGirL 70
910 59
[ Show more ]
Trap 45
soO 33
Aegong 23
scan(afreeca) 17
Rock 16
Noble 13
Sacsri 10
Icarus 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7148
Dendi947
XaKoH 386
canceldota63
420jenkins5
Counter-Strike
fl0m1937
byalli363
Other Games
singsing2317
B2W.Neo466
Mlord316
Beastyqt304
DeMusliM122
Liquid`VortiX99
QueenE74
KnowMe5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV217
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 4
EmSc2Tv 4
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP25
• StrangeGG 24
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• FT.aCt)Sony0
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2920
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1493
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 1m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 1m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 1m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 9h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.