• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:59
CEST 15:59
KST 22:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War485.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7829 users

Canada Day Thread - Page 6

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
July 01 2011 21:50 GMT
#101
On July 02 2011 05:52 ToxNub wrote:
For me this is a sad day.

Almost every year I am happy and excited for Canada Day, and am proud to be Canadian. But time has changed our once great country. The government has increasingly become less representative of the "old" canadian values I cherished. More than just our government, this demonstrates a shift in the minds of our nation. This is democracy, and I have no choice but to swallow. It won't be long before people start to forget that Canadians were supposed to be nice, that we were supposed to be tolerant, that we were all a bunch of tree huggers who liked hockey and beer and bacon. More than ever, I find my fellow Canadians disgusting. Between their social views, their disregard for our land and our children's inheritance, their greed, and their corruption, I have little to celebrate today.

My only solace is that I'd still rather live here than most of the world. =P


Please explain?
JLew
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada353 Posts
July 01 2011 21:57 GMT
#102
The greatest Canadian is undoubtedly a toss up between Shania Twain and Celine Dion.
@Triumph_eSports . www.Triumph-eSports.com
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
July 01 2011 21:59 GMT
#103
Happy Canada Day!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
MERLIN.
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada546 Posts
July 01 2011 22:07 GMT
#104
Happy Canada Dayyyyy

Usually not a nationalist but such a good post
"A bullet to the head will solve your problems."
Kralic
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada2628 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-01 22:19:36
July 01 2011 22:14 GMT
#105
On July 02 2011 05:52 ToxNub wrote:
For me this is a sad day.

Almost every year I am happy and excited for Canada Day, and am proud to be Canadian. But time has changed our once great country. The government has increasingly become less representative of the "old" canadian values I cherished. More than just our government, this demonstrates a shift in the minds of our nation. This is democracy, and I have no choice but to swallow. It won't be long before people start to forget that Canadians were supposed to be nice, that we were supposed to be tolerant, that we were all a bunch of tree huggers who liked hockey and beer and bacon. More than ever, I find my fellow Canadians disgusting. Between their social views, their disregard for our land and our children's inheritance, their greed, and their corruption, I have little to celebrate today.

My only solace is that I'd still rather live here than most of the world. =P


Any thread with Canada seems brings out this garbage. I would rather you leave the country if we disgust you. I have never seen an election have so many angry people in it because they did not get their candidate into power. A lot of people go through this in their life, you will get over it like other people have had to. Grow up and accept it until next election. I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease is the logic behind posts like this.

I am proud to celebrate another birthday in this awesome country.
Brood War forever!
TheRealNidhogg
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada23 Posts
July 01 2011 22:19 GMT
#106

A few discussion questions:
1) What's your favourite event in canadian history?
2) Who's your favourite Canadian? (be it hockey player, activist/politician, etc)
3) How would you describe Canada and being Canadian?


1) Vimmy Ridge
2) George "Rush" St Pierre
3) Canada is the most awesome country in the world, and being Canadian makes me awesome
Atasu
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada98 Posts
July 01 2011 22:22 GMT
#107
HAPPY CANADA DAY, TIME TO BLOW UP SOME FIREWORKS :D
blacksheepwall
Profile Joined June 2011
China1530 Posts
July 01 2011 22:56 GMT
#108
First off, great post! Much more informative than the "WHOO CANADA!" thread I would've made. So kudos for that.

On July 02 2011 06:50 Chairman Ray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2011 05:52 ToxNub wrote:
For me this is a sad day.

Almost every year I am happy and excited for Canada Day, and am proud to be Canadian. But time has changed our once great country. The government has increasingly become less representative of the "old" canadian values I cherished. More than just our government, this demonstrates a shift in the minds of our nation. This is democracy, and I have no choice but to swallow. It won't be long before people start to forget that Canadians were supposed to be nice, that we were supposed to be tolerant, that we were all a bunch of tree huggers who liked hockey and beer and bacon. More than ever, I find my fellow Canadians disgusting. Between their social views, their disregard for our land and our children's inheritance, their greed, and their corruption, I have little to celebrate today.

My only solace is that I'd still rather live here than most of the world. =P


Please explain?


And in response to that, he is referring to the increasing power of the Conservative Party of Canada at the federal level. They are behind a lot of pretty unpopular policy changes (cutting funding for the arts, openly discussing making abortion illegal, discussing maybe trying to get gay marriage banned again, etc) and at least a dozen of their currently serving Members of Parliament are under investigation for or have been convicted of fraud.

But, aside from that, we still live in a great nation and I'm thoroughly proud to say I'm from here. Go Canada!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ // </3 Taeja
ToxNub
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada805 Posts
July 01 2011 22:56 GMT
#109
On July 02 2011 07:14 Kralic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2011 05:52 ToxNub wrote:
For me this is a sad day.

Almost every year I am happy and excited for Canada Day, and am proud to be Canadian. But time has changed our once great country. The government has increasingly become less representative of the "old" canadian values I cherished. More than just our government, this demonstrates a shift in the minds of our nation. This is democracy, and I have no choice but to swallow. It won't be long before people start to forget that Canadians were supposed to be nice, that we were supposed to be tolerant, that we were all a bunch of tree huggers who liked hockey and beer and bacon. More than ever, I find my fellow Canadians disgusting. Between their social views, their disregard for our land and our children's inheritance, their greed, and their corruption, I have little to celebrate today.

My only solace is that I'd still rather live here than most of the world. =P


Any thread with Canada seems brings out this garbage. I would rather you leave the country if we disgust you. I have never seen an election have so many angry people in it because they did not get their candidate into power. A lot of people go through this in their life, you will get over it like other people have had to. Grow up and accept it until next election. I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease is the logic behind posts like this.

I am proud to celebrate another birthday in this awesome country.


Thank you for your dishonest representation and simplification of a complex political shift as "qq election". You're not doing your side credit.

For the above poster and those interested in the reason I make these statements...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realigning_election#Canada

Canada has been changing over the past two decades. We have a majority conservative government even though the majority of canadians voted against harper (gg fptp). We backed out of Kyoto, we are involved in too many conflicts we don't support (sound familiar USA?). Our science minister won't even come out and say he believes in evolution. Along with this shift has come several things: more corporate welfare, reductions in funding from everything from battered women's shelters, to immigration programs, to a complete disregard for the environment. Fun fact! Now Canada, per capita, pollutes more than the United States. Alberta, my province, in particular, (also conservative) has basically sold off our assets to foreign companies for pennies on the dollar. And the culture, where do I begin... it's a land of rig pigs with too much cash, nothing to spend it on but cocaine and big trucks and liquor, a place where racism and homophobia thrive. The friendly stereotypes that americans have given canadians rarely apply anymore.

I'm not even blaming the conservatives... What hurts me the most is that my fellow canadians actually support this shit. And no, I'm not leaving, because I love this country and I'm doing my best to prevent it from going to shit.
MrDonkeyBong
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada103 Posts
July 01 2011 23:25 GMT
#110
Happy birthday Canada! One of the best countries in the world, if not the best imo :D
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." -- Carl Sagan
scDeluX
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada1341 Posts
July 01 2011 23:26 GMT
#111
Happy moving day !
Brood War is forever
snakeh
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada19 Posts
July 01 2011 23:27 GMT
#112
Happy Canada Day everybodyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Coutcha
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada519 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-01 23:29:59
July 01 2011 23:28 GMT
#113
On July 02 2011 07:56 ToxNub wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2011 07:14 Kralic wrote:
On July 02 2011 05:52 ToxNub wrote:
For me this is a sad day.

Almost every year I am happy and excited for Canada Day, and am proud to be Canadian. But time has changed our once great country. The government has increasingly become less representative of the "old" canadian values I cherished. More than just our government, this demonstrates a shift in the minds of our nation. This is democracy, and I have no choice but to swallow. It won't be long before people start to forget that Canadians were supposed to be nice, that we were supposed to be tolerant, that we were all a bunch of tree huggers who liked hockey and beer and bacon. More than ever, I find my fellow Canadians disgusting. Between their social views, their disregard for our land and our children's inheritance, their greed, and their corruption, I have little to celebrate today.

My only solace is that I'd still rather live here than most of the world. =P


Any thread with Canada seems brings out this garbage. I would rather you leave the country if we disgust you. I have never seen an election have so many angry people in it because they did not get their candidate into power. A lot of people go through this in their life, you will get over it like other people have had to. Grow up and accept it until next election. I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease is the logic behind posts like this.

I am proud to celebrate another birthday in this awesome country.


Thank you for your dishonest representation and simplification of a complex political shift as "qq election". You're not doing your side credit.

For the above poster and those interested in the reason I make these statements...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realigning_election#Canada

Canada has been changing over the past two decades. We have a majority conservative government even though the majority of canadians voted against harper (gg fptp). We backed out of Kyoto, we are involved in too many conflicts we don't support (sound familiar USA?). Our science minister won't even come out and say he believes in evolution. Along with this shift has come several things: more corporate welfare, reductions in funding from everything from battered women's shelters, to immigration programs, to a complete disregard for the environment. Fun fact! Now Canada, per capita, pollutes more than the United States. Alberta, my province, in particular, (also conservative) has basically sold off our assets to foreign companies for pennies on the dollar. And the culture, where do I begin... it's a land of rig pigs with too much cash, nothing to spend it on but cocaine and big trucks and liquor, a place where racism and homophobia thrive. The friendly stereotypes that americans have given canadians rarely apply anymore.

I'm not even blaming the conservatives... What hurts me the most is that my fellow canadians actually support this shit. And no, I'm not leaving, because I love this country and I'm doing my best to prevent it from going to shit.

Tories didnt even had 50% of the vote... just more seat

And YAYY canadaaaaaa :DDD

Edit: and what you say about us being pig with too much money is not true at all in quebec and in BC... the rest i dont know I never visited...
This is what the world is for Making ELECTRICITY :D
Zedromas
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada112 Posts
July 01 2011 23:36 GMT
#114
Yaaaaaay Will and Kate!!! ;P lol
But she said she was 18!!!!
MrDudeMan
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada973 Posts
July 01 2011 23:49 GMT
#115
On July 02 2011 07:56 ToxNub wrote:

Thank you for your dishonest representation and simplification of a complex political shift as "qq election". You're not doing your side credit.

For the above poster and those interested in the reason I make these statements...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realigning_election#Canada

Canada has been changing over the past two decades. We have a majority conservative government even though the majority of canadians voted against harper (gg fptp). We backed out of Kyoto, we are involved in too many conflicts we don't support (sound familiar USA?). Our science minister won't even come out and say he believes in evolution. Along with this shift has come several things: more corporate welfare, reductions in funding from everything from battered women's shelters, to immigration programs, to a complete disregard for the environment. Fun fact! Now Canada, per capita, pollutes more than the United States. Alberta, my province, in particular, (also conservative) has basically sold off our assets to foreign companies for pennies on the dollar. And the culture, where do I begin... it's a land of rig pigs with too much cash, nothing to spend it on but cocaine and big trucks and liquor, a place where racism and homophobia thrive. The friendly stereotypes that americans have given canadians rarely apply anymore.

I'm not even blaming the conservatives... What hurts me the most is that my fellow canadians actually support this shit. And no, I'm not leaving, because I love this country and I'm doing my best to prevent it from going to shit.


Just so we're clear, Alberta is like the most racist province in Canada, if you moved west to BC or east to Toronto/Quebec you would see people in general are far more accepting. However I have to agree about the country going downhill, especially in the sense of business corruption. The lack of competition that is enforced by a law to protect "Canadian Identity" has turned the business in Canada into basically a monopoly of sorts. I hope eventually the government might intervene and finally decide to do its job. However I plan to learn swedish very soon.

Besides all that, Happy Birthday Canada!
Le BucheRON
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada619 Posts
July 01 2011 23:59 GMT
#116

Just so we're clear, Alberta is like the most racist province in Canada, if you moved west to BC or east to Toronto/Quebec you would see people in general are far more accepting. However I have to agree about the country going downhill, especially in the sense of business corruption. The lack of competition that is enforced by a law to protect "Canadian Identity" has turned the business in Canada into basically a monopoly of sorts. I hope eventually the government might intervene and finally decide to do its job. However I plan to learn swedish very soon.


Just so we're clear, provinces can't be racist. They are just provinces. What is your statement based on? Did stats canada do a poll?

"Hello, this is Stats Canada calling, are you racist?"
"Well, yes, of course. I'm an albertan after all."

C'mon.
Guess who`s special?!
domane
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada1606 Posts
July 02 2011 00:03 GMT
#117
Happy 144th birthday!
Mafs
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada458 Posts
July 02 2011 00:07 GMT
#118
A few discussion questions:
1) What's your favourite event in Canadian history?
2) Who's your favourite Canadian? (be it hockey player, activist/politician, etc)
3) How would you describe Canada and being Canadian?

1)None, Canada hasn't done much for the world really. Its just the quite kid in the corner everyone knows but doesn't care too much about.
2)HuK, he plays SC2.
3)Quite kid in the corner, being Canadian is like being an American but being smug because your economy isn't crap and your country doesn't wage war every 10 years on a new country. And doesn't release 40% of the pollution yet having 5% of the population.
HentaiPrime
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada85 Posts
July 02 2011 00:19 GMT
#119
yay canada!

haha i remember drinking milk from bags
┻━━━┻ ︵ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ︵ ▄▄▄︵ ҉‭‭‭˙ (╯°o°)╯
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-02 00:21:45
July 02 2011 00:20 GMT
#120
1) What's your favourite event in canadian history?
I don't have a true favourite, so I will say when Patrick Roy "quit" the Montreal Canadians and was traded to the Nordiques. Vimy Ridge makes me proud to be Canadian, but its not my favourite event.
2) Who's your favourite Canadian? (be it hockey player, activist/politician, etc)
Neil Peart. No questions.
3) How would you describe Canada and being Canadian?
Canada is a great place with some dark sides it tries to hide from the rest of the world. Being Canadian is great as long as you have money. Even if you don't it isn't bad.
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 331
TKL 245
CranKy Ducklings138
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1120
Lowko511
TKL 245
Rex 126
ProTech120
MindelVK 23
EmSc Tv 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 58421
Free 2008
Horang2 322
firebathero 252
Zeus 181
Last 100
Hyun 88
Pusan 79
ToSsGirL 70
910 59
[ Show more ]
Trap 45
soO 33
Aegong 23
scan(afreeca) 17
Rock 16
Noble 13
Sacsri 10
Icarus 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7148
Dendi947
XaKoH 386
canceldota63
420jenkins5
Counter-Strike
fl0m1937
byalli363
Other Games
singsing2317
B2W.Neo466
Mlord316
Beastyqt304
DeMusliM122
Liquid`VortiX99
QueenE74
KnowMe5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV217
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 4
EmSc2Tv 4
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP25
• StrangeGG 24
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• FT.aCt)Sony0
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2920
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1493
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 1m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 1m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 1m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 9h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.