• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:30
CEST 21:30
KST 04:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10836 users

Vancouver Riots - Post Stanley Cup Final - Page 16

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 37 Next All
StarBrift
Profile Joined January 2008
Sweden1761 Posts
June 16 2011 10:23 GMT
#301
I feel sorry for these people. How anyone can get so disillusioned that they start causing mayhem over a sporting event. These are the people that would be murderers and rapists if they weren't well adjusted to societies social rules.
dapierow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Serbia1316 Posts
June 16 2011 10:25 GMT
#302
On June 16 2011 19:21 Treadmill wrote:
The same thing happened here in Edmonton when the Oilers had their run in 2006. And in Calgary when the Flames made the finals in 2004. In Edmonton a guy got stabbed during the finals. I know a some people that were on Whyte Ave when they rioted then (I actually lived only a few blocks away) - and its not really about being a fan of hockey, its about mob mentality mixed with lots of alcohol and a little adrenaline from the games. It's completely nonsensical.


I was at 17th ave for every game of the finals nothing happened... hate to say it but this is pretty much nothing compared to some games ive been back home in eastern europe... like throwing oranges full of razor blades in to the stands of the oppossing team
Eat.Sleep.Starcraft 2
cape
Profile Joined May 2010
United States142 Posts
June 16 2011 10:25 GMT
#303
It's bullshit like this that turns me away from sports. It's pathetic that people feel justified in destroying public property / hurting others just because a team of people that don't really give a fuck about any of their fans got contracted to represent their city in some sports league.
XenoKai
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada53 Posts
June 16 2011 10:25 GMT
#304
On June 16 2011 19:11 JieXian wrote:
I really don't understand. Lose a game, destroy your city? At least rioting in the other city somewhat makes sense.

Show nested quote +
On June 16 2011 18:22 XenoKai wrote:
I am so ashamed of those punks that are making such a bad name for our city, this is unacceptable and a complete travesty.I would write a lot more but i have to go pick up my friend from the hospital who got stomped by a bunch of guys who were also wearing canucks jersies for no fucking reason at all. I am completely disgusted and disappointed with these so called "fans"


What did he do? Did he just happen to be close by?

It turns out he was trying to stop someone from stuffing a burning newspaper into the gas tank of one of those cars and 3 guys just started whailing on him, i just dropped him off at home and he is looking really rough, they broke his nose and he has 2 black eyes. I am furious.
Storm[PT]
Profile Joined March 2010
120 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 10:28:20
June 16 2011 10:27 GMT
#305
On June 16 2011 19:13 TALegion wrote:
I'm a born and raised Bostonian.
No need to be so jeaous

EDIT:
These seem like some pretty half-assed riots. Not terrible, but not too bad. Last Red Sox riot we had, I'm pretty sure a few people died with Rubber Bullets through the Eyes. And turning over cars is much more common than fires.

EDIT 2:
If all of what i'm reading hear is true, i'll take my words back. This is a pretty respectable riot. It needed some more overturned cars, though.


Cop cars burnt, civilian cars flipped over then burnt. I heard they made people get out of their cars so they could flip it and burn it.
Toss ftw; For the Revolutionist!
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 10:28:21
June 16 2011 10:27 GMT
#306
You should call the police XenoKai.




On June 16 2011 18:48 JeanLuc wrote:
Anarchy is the spice of life. I'm glad that these people threw their temper tantrum, it gives me something to smile about on this hot June morning.



And to you I say:
I'm going to rip your balls off, so you cannot contaminate the rest of the world!
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
besiger
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Croatia2452 Posts
June 16 2011 10:28 GMT
#307
beating people up, looting, torching the town, all over sports. This is pretty much one of the only scenario where I condone the riot police setting up a giant line and just advancing on them while showering the rioters with rubber bullets and cracking every skull that gets near enough, one of the dumbest and most senseless things I have ever seen.
A weak will coupled with delusions of grandeur
FoieGras
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Canada270 Posts
June 16 2011 10:30 GMT
#308
I'm disappointed in the way some of the citizens of our city behaved, and I hope the Boston fans get home safely. This isn't representative to our city and is an unbelievable disgrace. I hope that the rioters' employers sees this and recognizes them in the broadcast.

I'm glad I left the CBC bigscreen after the 2nd because I suspected things would be bad if we were to lose. A lot of the people there seemed like bandwagoners who went to party. When things didn't go our way, they just proceeded to act senselessly and violently because they wanted to cheer for. It's a shameful sight to see.
XenoKai
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada53 Posts
June 16 2011 10:31 GMT
#309
On June 16 2011 19:27 Probe1 wrote:
You should call the police XenoKai.

well first we have to find the right picture and identify them, thankfully this website was setup for exactly that purpose. http://www.canucksriot2011.com/ it has hundreds of photos and videos from the riot
iFU.pauline
Profile Joined September 2009
France1775 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 10:32:52
June 16 2011 10:31 GMT
#310
they should have taken the chance to burn banks and to steal from big super markets instead of burning innocent cars!
No coward soul is mine, No trembler in the world's storm-troubled sphere, I see Heaven's glories shine, And Faith shines equal arming me from Fear
razorsuKe
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2053 Posts
June 16 2011 11:07 GMT
#311
I'm glad this got recorded

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9fd_1308208545

EntusGalleries.com - CJ Uniform Sale
GGitsJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
New Zealand426 Posts
June 16 2011 11:50 GMT
#312
o_o pretty serious over a sport?
"A reason becomes an excuse if you don't do anything about it."
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
June 16 2011 11:54 GMT
#313
On June 16 2011 20:50 GGitsJack wrote:
o_o pretty serious over a sport?


Well I was pretty pissed off when Stork lost to Fantasy 3-0 and conducted some type of arson. I sort of get why they are doing this but come on, this is going overboard.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Ravencruiser
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada519 Posts
June 16 2011 12:26 GMT
#314
RIOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Full version:

Riot

Original Version:

Riot Original



Was at a club yesterday when this shit happened, got drunk, listened to and watched some RIOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. Good times.
"Yah, free will is a bitch" - Drone
kaisr
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada715 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 12:35:35
June 16 2011 12:33 GMT
#315
On June 16 2011 20:50 GGitsJack wrote:
o_o pretty serious over a sport?


Pretty sure most people are just looking for an excuse to riot/cause destruction. I'd guess this is sorta similar to what happened at the G20 in Toronto. Most rioters there really have no political stance, they just want to fuck shit up. Similarly, most rioters in vancouver probably arent diehard fans, just random bandwagoners
herve
Profile Joined January 2010
152 Posts
June 16 2011 12:40 GMT
#316
I started rioting when the Koreans took top 3 at MLG, nobody joined me though
keeblur
Profile Joined April 2010
United States826 Posts
June 16 2011 12:42 GMT
#317
On June 16 2011 20:07 razorsuKe wrote:
I'm glad this got recorded

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9fd_1308208545



L O L
Isn't it ironic and selfish to say that God made man in his image, when God was made in man's image?
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
June 16 2011 12:45 GMT
#318
On June 16 2011 20:54 Xiphos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2011 20:50 GGitsJack wrote:
o_o pretty serious over a sport?


Well I was pretty pissed off when Stork lost to Fantasy 3-0 and conducted some type of arson. I sort of get why they are doing this but come on, this is going overboard.


i also rioted when this happened

i rioted straight to the supermarket, bought one of those giant tubs of bargain ice cream, and rioted through that shit in about an hour
I drop suckas like Plinko
Arkless
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1547 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 12:47:53
June 16 2011 12:46 GMT
#319
I was stuck within last nights riot after that dissapointment of a game. Most of the real vancouver fans just walked away after the game with our heads down in shame. The people that started this shit, came to start that riot win or lose and not for the game. And are complete assholes, we got stuck before we really had a chance to get out and got some of the teargas........Needless to say, I love my home of vancouver, but last night was just rediculous. Let alone the ass holes that pushed the boston fan off an overpass.....Get real van, I know we lost....But it's fucking hockey, a game.



With all that said, I can understand however why people would riot (not that it makes it right)Coz during points of the game (especially the third goal) I wanted to break some shit out of frustration alone. But I have self control
http://www.mixcloud.com/Arkless/ http://www.soundcloud.com/Arkless
BasilPesto
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia624 Posts
June 16 2011 12:50 GMT
#320
Well, on the bright side, I guess this makes Melbourne, Australia the most liveable city in the world again...
"I before E...*sunglasses*... except after C." - Jim Carrey
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 629
ProTech132
UpATreeSC 119
JuggernautJason65
Nina 45
MindelVK 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29313
Calm 2834
Mini 146
firebathero 128
Dewaltoss 103
soO 45
HiyA 27
Hyun 26
Bale 23
NaDa 20
[ Show more ]
Aegong 19
PianO 19
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8497
XaKoH 298
canceldota2
League of Legends
Doublelift256
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1598
fl0m1480
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu671
Other Games
FrodaN2254
B2W.Neo583
Beastyqt581
mouzStarbuck312
Livibee183
ToD182
KnowMe146
C9.Mang0128
Trikslyr115
RotterdaM99
Mew2King47
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 60
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki32
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1130
• Shiphtur784
• WagamamaTV234
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 45m
Replay Cast
3h 30m
OSC
1d 3h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 14h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.