• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:14
CEST 20:14
KST 03:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12547 users

Fear of Banning - Page 21

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 26 Next All
Skytalker
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden671 Posts
April 04 2011 10:40 GMT
#401
Been temp banned for gettting into some OT discussion in LR threads 2 times, was angry about it at the time, but in retrospective fair enough...

And yes im kinda scared of the bannhammer
Jaedong HWAITING!
Ethic
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada439 Posts
April 04 2011 10:55 GMT
#402
The mods and admins on TL do a good job and if I ever do get temp banned it's because I was posting drunk.

gg.
SC2 ID: Ethic.791 - 1v1 DIAMOND - SHILOH UPSILON
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9593 Posts
April 04 2011 11:03 GMT
#403
Why would you ever be afraid of banning? Unless one of the mods just got dumped, had much more to drink than he should last night, and woke up with a wicked hangover bent on taking revenge on the populace of Liquidia, or is Rekrul with mod powers, there is no point in being afraid.

Don't post stupid shit, don't post offensive shit, don't post 1 liners nor "witty" memes. Is that really so hard to follow? O_0
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
_Quasar_
Profile Joined October 2010
Russian Federation4405 Posts
April 04 2011 11:20 GMT
#404
Hah... yes, I'm afraid of being banned, because I'm an emotional person and dunno to what degree can I be such without getting a ban. X_x I don't think that emotions are prohibited, it's OK if I get banned sometimes, when this is needed to maintain the calmness in the forum, but LOL, I'm just afraid some day some moderator says "oh he's been banned too many times, lets just nuke him" T_T
For the Swarm!!! Jaedong & Neo_G.Soulkey fan.
Silentness
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2821 Posts
April 04 2011 11:33 GMT
#405
I've never even been warned. It's not hard....

You will be liked if you:

1) post like you have some common sense
2) don't flame other people / troll
3) don't post +1 with no actual message
4) don't say "first"
5) don't post dumb pictures that take up the whole page. This isn't 4chan

Just 5 quick examples that will keep you from getting warnings/bans.

If you get warned/banned 99.9% of the chance you deserved it.
GL HF... YOLO..lololollol.
DerNebel
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Denmark648 Posts
April 04 2011 11:37 GMT
#406
The mods here are great. It all comes down to the difference between perm and temp banning. You really need to be out of line before they even consider perm'ing. Warnings are friendly reminders and temp bans wear off. I don't see why you would be afraid of the banammer. It's not like Chill just randomly nukes people because it's fun.
exeprime
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United Kingdom643 Posts
April 04 2011 12:25 GMT
#407
I kinda feel that the moderating has been a bit lax in the last year and a half or so. Back in the days, i'd often write a long-ass post and decide to just not post it because it didn't add anything of value to the discussion. I feel like fewer people do that now.
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
April 04 2011 12:33 GMT
#408
On April 04 2011 21:25 exeprime wrote:
I kinda feel that the moderating has been a bit lax in the last year and a half or so. Back in the days, i'd often write a long-ass post and decide to just not post it because it didn't add anything of value to the discussion. I feel like fewer people do that now.


Done that several times lately in fact. Just before I post a 1000 word essay throwing myself into a heated argument, I stop to think "Is this really worth it?". And then delete the whole thing. I think the mods are doing a great job. Lets not turn this site into The Escapist. The forums there are bombarded by stupid.
SilverSkyLark
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Philippines8437 Posts
April 04 2011 12:36 GMT
#409
Well nah, not really, unless I know I intentionally violated something.

Actually when I get pms I get a bit scared because I know that most of the time its temp bans or warnings. I only got temp banned thrice (I don't know how I got temp banned the first time).
"If i lost an arm, I would play w3." -IntoTheWow || "Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk cafe. He's the next Jaedong, baby!"
_Quasar_
Profile Joined October 2010
Russian Federation4405 Posts
April 04 2011 17:17 GMT
#410
On April 04 2011 20:33 Silentness wrote:
I've never even been warned. It's not hard....

You will be liked if you:

1) post like you have some common sense
2) don't flame other people / troll
3) don't post +1 with no actual message
4) don't say "first"
5) don't post dumb pictures that take up the whole page. This isn't 4chan


No offense for you, but I didn't do any of these 5 things (I may have flamed some events or tendencies, but I didn't flame or insult forum users or people in general). But I got banned like 4 times. X_X It shows that what you've written isn't enough.
For the Swarm!!! Jaedong & Neo_G.Soulkey fan.
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
April 04 2011 17:20 GMT
#411
I get banned because a certain mod doesn't like me.

So I stopped posting in general. The end.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
April 04 2011 17:23 GMT
#412
On April 04 2011 20:33 Silentness wrote:
I've never even been warned. It's not hard....

You will be liked if you:

1) post like you have some common sense
2) don't flame other people / troll
3) don't post +1 with no actual message
4) don't say "first"
5) don't post dumb pictures that take up the whole page. This isn't 4chan

Just 5 quick examples that will keep you from getting warnings/bans.

If you get warned/banned 99.9% of the chance you deserved it.


Something else that gets a lot of people is martyring. There are actually quite a few instances of people posting something that wouldn't be actionable, but for some reason they feel compelled to add on some variant of "feel free to ban me for this" or "I know I'll get banned for this."

You can bet we take you up on that.
Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-04 17:26:04
April 04 2011 17:24 GMT
#413
On April 05 2011 02:17 _Quasar_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2011 20:33 Silentness wrote:
I've never even been warned. It's not hard....

You will be liked if you:

1) post like you have some common sense
2) don't flame other people / troll
3) don't post +1 with no actual message
4) don't say "first"
5) don't post dumb pictures that take up the whole page. This isn't 4chan


No offense for you, but I didn't do any of these 5 things (I may have flamed some events or tendencies, but I didn't flame or insult forum users or people in general). But I got banned like 4 times. X_X It shows that what you've written isn't enough.


Well one of your bans is there for accusing GOM/Blizzard of lying right after a mod posted in huge red letters to please post rationaly, a blanket accusation of "they are lying" does not costitute rational and thus is a violation of 1. Oh and the other post calling blizzard "shit" probably constitutes either flaming or trolling.

I do think saying "stork die pls" is a violation of 2 and probably 1, I mean wishing death on someone for playing protoss seems harsh, every other one of your posts that has a ban is due to balance whine about either z being underpowered or p being too easy. Perhaps a point 6 needs to be added, "don't whine about balance", here I'll add it

6) Dont whine about balance

happy? ^_^
Moderator
Roggay
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland6320 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-04 17:48:43
April 04 2011 17:47 GMT
#414
When I first heard about TL, I didnt made an account right away and even when I made one I didnt posted for a long time because I was too scared to be banned. But now I post a lot more and I didnt get warned a single time, because I think before posting and reread my posts multiple times to be sure. Really, if you don't post like a jerk, you shouldnt have any trouble here.
LovE-
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1963 Posts
April 04 2011 19:14 GMT
#415
Since I received my first warning I try to refrain from posting.
LovE.311 (NA) || @LovE_Sc2
MrArarat
Profile Joined September 2010
Argentina132 Posts
April 04 2011 19:23 GMT
#416
Tl mods are strict, but they do justice.
No fear here.
Resting on the mountain side...
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
April 04 2011 21:02 GMT
#417
On April 05 2011 02:17 _Quasar_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2011 20:33 Silentness wrote:
I've never even been warned. It's not hard....

You will be liked if you:

1) post like you have some common sense
2) don't flame other people / troll
3) don't post +1 with no actual message
4) don't say "first"
5) don't post dumb pictures that take up the whole page. This isn't 4chan


No offense for you, but I didn't do any of these 5 things (I may have flamed some events or tendencies, but I didn't flame or insult forum users or people in general). But I got banned like 4 times. X_X It shows that what you've written isn't enough.


Actually, you did do 2 of these 5 things... specifically #1 and #2.


Let's review your history...

1st ban - You were martyring "you can warn/ban me for this"

1st warning - Flaming Blizzard. Not constructively of course, more like "GO TO HELL BLIZZARD"

2nd ban - Since you didn't heed warning #1 and kept on going, you were banned for not heeding the warning (no common sense).

3rd ban - Flaming and no common sense in 1! You complain about balance (for SC1 much less haha) in a live report thread, and say quote "Stork die pls."

2nd warning - quoting you exactly: "fuck these terran drops go to hell pls"

4th ban - again, no common sense, whining about balance in a live report thread: "how shitty P really needs to play to lose anyway?
it seems that with any level of shitness they always have a chance wtf..."

5th ban - Complaining, AGAIN IN A LIVE REPORT THREAD WHERE YOU HAVE MULTIPLE BANS ALREADY, about balance. This time, about ZvZ (yes, you complained about the balance of a mirror matchup) in a brood war live report thread.


Seeing any patterns yet???
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
Z3kk
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4099 Posts
April 04 2011 21:07 GMT
#418
On April 05 2011 06:02 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2011 02:17 _Quasar_ wrote:
On April 04 2011 20:33 Silentness wrote:
I've never even been warned. It's not hard....

You will be liked if you:

1) post like you have some common sense
2) don't flame other people / troll
3) don't post +1 with no actual message
4) don't say "first"
5) don't post dumb pictures that take up the whole page. This isn't 4chan


No offense for you, but I didn't do any of these 5 things (I may have flamed some events or tendencies, but I didn't flame or insult forum users or people in general). But I got banned like 4 times. X_X It shows that what you've written isn't enough.


Actually, you did do 2 of these 5 things... specifically #1 and #2.


Let's review your history...

1st ban - You were martyring "you can warn/ban me for this"

1st warning - Flaming Blizzard. Not constructively of course, more like "GO TO HELL BLIZZARD"

2nd ban - Since you didn't heed warning #1 and kept on going, you were banned for not heeding the warning (no common sense).

3rd ban - Flaming and no common sense in 1! You complain about balance (for SC1 much less haha) in a live report thread, and say quote "Stork die pls."

2nd warning - quoting you exactly: "fuck these terran drops go to hell pls"

4th ban - again, no common sense, whining about balance in a live report thread: "how shitty P really needs to play to lose anyway?
it seems that with any level of shitness they always have a chance wtf..."

5th ban - Complaining, AGAIN IN A LIVE REPORT THREAD WHERE YOU HAVE MULTIPLE BANS ALREADY, about balance. This time, about ZvZ (yes, you complained about the balance of a mirror matchup) in a brood war live report thread.


Seeing any patterns yet???


O_O Evilteletubby laying down the law! :D

Actually quite funny to read this...embarrassingly enough >\\\<

I have been guilty of shine-bashing with an image macro :"D almost all of us slip up, and it really is quite hard to get banned unless one posts with a clear lack of common sense (etc., etc.).
Failure is not falling down over and over again. Failure is refusing to get back up.
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
April 04 2011 21:09 GMT
#419
On April 05 2011 02:20 L wrote:
I get banned because a certain mod doesn't like me.

So I stopped posting in general. The end.


With 2 of your 3 bans coming from me, I'm guessing I know where this is being directed.

Anywho, you flatter yourself a bit too much if you think I don't like you. Honestly, I don't dislike you or even really put that much thought into you as a poster. I did, however, notice your uncanny ability to completely derail discussion/debate threads. That's exactly what your first ban from me was for (a mere 2 days), and only a month later, you did the SAME THING again and received a 1 week ban.

I truly don't care if you continue to post or not, even in debate threads. If you want to, fine. If you get very spirited in the process, great. However, that does not excuse you from still being respectful to other posters on this website. When you get so heated that you're throwing personal insults at other posters, can we agree it's time to take a break?
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
April 04 2011 21:14 GMT
#420
its stupidly easy to get overzealous posting in debate threads. stupid internet anonymity and whatnot. i have to remove myself from them all the time.
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1071
TKL 352
IndyStarCraft 279
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1071
ByuN 446
TKL 352
IndyStarCraft 279
Reynor 181
BRAT_OK 47
EmSc Tv 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44970
Calm 2678
Shuttle 407
actioN 164
Mini 140
firebathero 112
White-Ra 86
Mong 43
scan(afreeca) 17
soO 15
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc10627
Counter-Strike
fl0m6365
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2712
Liquid`Hasu484
MindelVK4
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2054
FrodaN1490
B2W.Neo739
olofmeister669
Khaldor463
KnowMe333
crisheroes179
Livibee178
Beastyqt93
ToD83
Mew2King81
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick407
BasetradeTV224
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 1
EmSc2Tv 1
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 31
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 9
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach81
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• blackmanpl 4
• 80smullet 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV572
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1832
Other Games
• imaqtpie963
• Shiphtur669
• tFFMrPink 8
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
46m
BSL Open Qualifier
46m
OSC
4h 46m
Replay Cast
4h 46m
OSC
17h 46m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.