• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:38
CEST 08:38
KST 15:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202614Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9914 users

Tobacco Smoking Thread - Page 5

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 27 28 29 Next All
methematics
Profile Joined August 2010
United States392 Posts
March 15 2011 08:02 GMT
#81
Shit, i forgot to mention i smoked a pipe for about 6 months. It always burned to hot and would destroy my taste buds so my mouth would constantly taste undesirable to say the least.
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
March 15 2011 08:32 GMT
#82
On March 15 2011 16:59 methematics wrote:
America was built off tobacco btw, so dont discriminate.


Being born in North Carolina makes you appreciate just how important tobacco has been to not only the country but certain states as well. For a long time all my state had to offer was tobacco and banking, so yeah. Kind of crazy how smoking has become the worst possible thing you could do to a point where I feel like there are some people who would be far more accepting of me if I was an alcoholic pot head who snorted cocaine on occasion than if I was a smoker.
nufcrulz
Profile Joined February 2010
Singapore934 Posts
March 15 2011 08:34 GMT
#83
love the hookah, or shisha as they call it in my parts...
GriMeR
Profile Joined February 2010
United States148 Posts
March 15 2011 08:51 GMT
#84
i love hookah... i like to mix ganja with my menthol cigarettes, ( Marlboro) i also like to mix those purple plant's leaves that grow around NA dry them out mix with tobaccoo, finme blend nice buzz added flavor
"Now let's have coffee and discuss the bunker build time!" "I'm still kinda on the fence about it Dustin, we can't make changes like these on a whim" "Agreed, agreed ... what do you think David?" "Hmmm what? ... I mean, o yeah, Terran definitely seems
Hollywise
Profile Joined December 2010
France112 Posts
March 15 2011 09:26 GMT
#85
I quitted smoking, however I got surprised how easy and totally unchallenging it was, so I started again after 2 weeks since I have no problem quitting. I`ll do that when I`m old enough to start worrying about cancer.
[image loading]
has left the game.
Tchado
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Jordan1831 Posts
March 15 2011 09:30 GMT
#86
I like cigars , usually smoke them while playing poker , but I'm a hookah (or as we call it , argeeleh) guy myself , everyday I gotta have one , hell sometimes I play starcraft 2 and warcraft 3 with the tube in my shirt so I can smoke while using both hands on keyboard and mouse XD

favorite flavors : I like anything mint based , mint-lemon , mint-apple , mint-fruit...etc , cherry , watermelon and surprisingly guava is really good , if you can get some of that you are in luck !
deotrip
Profile Joined October 2007
Germany119 Posts
March 15 2011 09:34 GMT
#87
[image loading]

or

[image loading]

sometimes this

[image loading]

Silentness
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2821 Posts
March 15 2011 09:42 GMT
#88
On March 15 2011 11:24 chonkyfire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2011 16:16 thabanana wrote:
If your gonna smoke something and damage your lungs, why not smoke something that actually gives you something back worth while. I won't say what it is but it's pretty obvious.

Still it's better to not smoke at all.

Come to think of it, can you make tobacco brownies?



tobacco has antidepressants in it, which is why it is addictive

although people who get addicted tend to be people who work high stress jobs and depressed people


Yeah my GF picked up smoking when her best friend left her to go to another country without telling her. That was a pretty disturbing reason to pick up smoking, but she always smokes/drinks because she's always depressed *shrugs*

Oh well she says I make her happy. I try to make her slow down on cigarettes, but it's hard for her. She gets mad if I try to smoke! Hypocrite!
GL HF... YOLO..lololollol.
Aphasie
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Norway474 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-15 09:56:55
March 15 2011 09:43 GMT
#89
Im quitting as we speak. Have been smoking for 10 years and decided i couldnt afford it anymore. Had gone 1 month yesterday, i still use "snus" (scandinavian tobacco you put under your lip) but im gonna quit that too.

Filter cig: Camel Natural Flavor or Prince First Cut. These are additive free cigarettes that tastes and feels much better. If i cant find em i smoke Lucky Strike or Pall Mall red.

Rolling cig: Golden virginia or Lucky Strike (both fine and thick cuts)

I seldom smoke cigars or pipe, but when i do its usually Manne cigars and Capstan pipe tobacco .

Edit i forgot snus: Lucky Strike Strong portion, Skruf strong portion, General Strong Loose, Lucky Strike strong Loose are my fav. I also enjoy a shitload of other brands, but dont usually buy em.

I never smoke hooka anymore, it feels like my lungs were raped probably cuz lung emphysema runs in my family. Thats not the reason i quit tho. The reason i quit is cuz a pack of cig costs like 14.50 USD. A pack of snus costs like 12.50. I go trough one of each every other day, so being a poor student i spent 25-30% of my money on tobacco.

I curse the fucking socialist retards that runs my country every day.
I mean there's a law in the making where child services can ENTER INTO YOUR HOME TO MAKE SURE YOU DONT SMOKE IN FRONT OF YOUR CHILDREN. WTF!??!? Stalin and Hitler doesnt have shit on these people.

Edit2: Good initiative from OP. Good thread, and interesting to see a lot of new brands. They all sure look tasty
-Strider-
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico1605 Posts
March 15 2011 09:46 GMT
#90
I love smoking Marlboro Red <3
What is up? IM NESTEAAAA!
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17850 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-15 10:35:28
March 15 2011 10:34 GMT
#91
On March 15 2011 11:37 JesusOurSaviour wrote:
Well, life is short, and smoking will on average cut 10-15 years of your life easily. But really - we all die in the end, so just go and do w.e you want, we all die in the end!


Tell that to the lady who lived to 127 and quit smoking 3 years before death (maybe that's what killed her?).

Smoking has nothing to do with it. It's all in the genes (that's also why some people get cancer and some never will).
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42417 Posts
March 15 2011 10:56 GMT
#92
On March 15 2011 19:34 Manit0u wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2011 11:37 JesusOurSaviour wrote:
Well, life is short, and smoking will on average cut 10-15 years of your life easily. But really - we all die in the end, so just go and do w.e you want, we all die in the end!


Tell that to the lady who lived to 127 and quit smoking 3 years before death (maybe that's what killed her?).

Smoking has nothing to do with it. It's all in the genes (that's also why some people get cancer and some never will).


I'd say smoking has something to do with it, but not precisely 10-15 years of your life will be cut if you smoke. Thats when the genes etc kicks in.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
0tso
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden67 Posts
March 15 2011 13:58 GMT
#93
I think you should make the thread about enjoying tobacco not just smoking it.

General portion <3 Friends, girlfriends and drugs let me down but you never will
h
skipgamer
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia701 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-15 16:29:39
March 15 2011 16:28 GMT
#94
I smoke winfield blue rolling tobacco (with ventii papers, they seem to be the best commonly available here in aus)

[image loading]

But I also enjoy "hookah" although here in Melb at least it's more commonly referred to as shisha... I go to Shisha cafe's, which are basically small cafe-type buildings full of chairs, tables, couches... I go with a few friends every couple weeks. We just sit, chill, talk, sometimes play cards or chess and enjoy the smoke (my favourite so far is probably apple/orange mix, or cherry/cola, or just plain grape... Damn, so many I can't decide ).

I'll probably quit smoking at some point, like if my gf/wife or whatever gets pregnant... But who knows really. It is damn enjoyable.

I've also wanted to try pipe smoking, but don't know where to go to get information about where to buy a pipe, what tobacco to get, etc...
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42417 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-15 16:42:55
March 15 2011 16:40 GMT
#95
On March 16 2011 01:28 skipgamer wrote:
I smoke winfield blue rolling tobacco (with ventii papers, they seem to be the best commonly available here in aus)



But I also enjoy "hookah" although here in Melb at least it's more commonly referred to as shisha... I go to Shisha cafe's, which are basically small cafe-type buildings full of chairs, tables, couches... I go with a few friends every couple weeks. We just sit, chill, talk, sometimes play cards or chess and enjoy the smoke (my favourite so far is probably apple/orange mix, or cherry/cola, or just plain grape... Damn, so many I can't decide ).
..


Fucking smoking laws here in where i live.. No shisha bars allowed here afaik, because you cannot smoke inside anymore except in a specific room where its allowed.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Armut
Profile Joined April 2010
Turkey141 Posts
March 15 2011 17:07 GMT
#96
I invite you all to Istanbul for a Nargile (Turkish word for Hookah and Sisha - Bottle) for the fines Nargile and with incredible fun Nargile party ftw
dont agruge with idiots they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience
skipgamer
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia701 Posts
March 15 2011 18:04 GMT
#97
On March 16 2011 01:40 Grettin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2011 01:28 skipgamer wrote:
I smoke winfield blue rolling tobacco (with ventii papers, they seem to be the best commonly available here in aus)



But I also enjoy "hookah" although here in Melb at least it's more commonly referred to as shisha... I go to Shisha cafe's, which are basically small cafe-type buildings full of chairs, tables, couches... I go with a few friends every couple weeks. We just sit, chill, talk, sometimes play cards or chess and enjoy the smoke (my favourite so far is probably apple/orange mix, or cherry/cola, or just plain grape... Damn, so many I can't decide ).
..


Fucking smoking laws here in where i live.. No shisha bars allowed here afaik, because you cannot smoke inside anymore except in a specific room where its allowed.

That sucks =\ It's weird, we also have these laws, infact you can't smoke anywhere inside at all at any public place...

But I'm not sure how these shisha cafe's get away with it. I'm guessing the authorities here don't know that shisha is tobacco? because it's not very popular at all really *shrug*

Funny story actually, once we were sitting out the front of the cafe (they have outside chairs and tables too) and some cops walked past, they actually pulled the thing apart expecting/thinking we were smoking marijuana. After the owners explained what it was, they actually tried it and liked it ^_^
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
March 15 2011 18:08 GMT
#98
On March 15 2011 19:34 Manit0u wrote:
Smoking has nothing to do with it. It's all in the genes (that's also why some people get cancer and some never will).


As someone with first hand experience, that statement is completely incorrect.
Kimaker
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2131 Posts
March 15 2011 18:10 GMT
#99
I am without a shadow of a doubt, the cheapest sonofabitch you will ever meet, and for that reason I smoke Pall Mall and Seneca's almost exclusively xD
Entusman #54 (-_-) ||"Gold is for the Mistress-Silver for the Maid-Copper for the craftsman cunning in his trade. "Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall, But Iron — Cold Iron — is master of them all|| "Optimism is Cowardice."- Oswald Spengler
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42417 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-15 18:21:35
March 15 2011 18:18 GMT
#100
On March 16 2011 03:04 skipgamer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2011 01:40 Grettin wrote:
On March 16 2011 01:28 skipgamer wrote:
I smoke winfield blue rolling tobacco (with ventii papers, they seem to be the best commonly available here in aus)



But I also enjoy "hookah" although here in Melb at least it's more commonly referred to as shisha... I go to Shisha cafe's, which are basically small cafe-type buildings full of chairs, tables, couches... I go with a few friends every couple weeks. We just sit, chill, talk, sometimes play cards or chess and enjoy the smoke (my favourite so far is probably apple/orange mix, or cherry/cola, or just plain grape... Damn, so many I can't decide ).
..


Fucking smoking laws here in where i live.. No shisha bars allowed here afaik, because you cannot smoke inside anymore except in a specific room where its allowed.

That sucks =\ It's weird, we also have these laws, infact you can't smoke anywhere inside at all at any public place...

But I'm not sure how these shisha cafe's get away with it. I'm guessing the authorities here don't know that shisha is tobacco? because it's not very popular at all really *shrug*

Funny story actually, once we were sitting out the front of the cafe (they have outside chairs and tables too) and some cops walked past, they actually pulled the thing apart expecting/thinking we were smoking marijuana. After the owners explained what it was, they actually tried it and liked it ^_^


Or your government/authorities still has a little bit of brain capacity left and understands that its not as 'bad' as real tobacco is. Our government is punch of braindead idiots overall. (not only in this case) But i guess its mostly because of EU anyway. But still, hookah shouldn't be included in this in any way. I don't mind if i need to smoke cigarette outside or in a small room when im at the bar or restaurant.

I've heard similar stories myself. Never happened to me though. Police here might even check self rolled cigarettes because they might be joints..
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 27 28 29 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3957
Mong 76
sorry 47
ToSsGirL 41
Icarus 8
Noble 7
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King153
Other Games
summit1g8180
WinterStarcraft609
ceh9305
Sick164
Happy50
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2279
League of Legends
• Lourlo1007
• Stunt403
Other Games
• Shiphtur565
Upcoming Events
OSC
16h 22m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 3h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.