• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:44
CEST 00:44
KST 07:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8936 users

Tobacco Smoking Thread - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 27 28 29 Next All
Holdinga
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Bulgaria300 Posts
March 14 2011 09:13 GMT
#21
I smoke a lot of things, but mostly these
[image loading]
Zholistic
Profile Joined July 2009
Australia278 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-14 09:20:47
March 14 2011 09:18 GMT
#22
I smoke a pipe. I'm a 25 year old student at uni, and I smoke it maybe once or twice a week. Had it for over a year now.

I find it to be much, much more potent than your normal cigarette delivery method of nicotine and it really mellows me right out. There are a vast amount of different types of pipe tobacco out there, but at the moment I'm smoking 'Erinmore Flake' which is a flake cut tobacco. It has been cased with an apricot flavour. Casing loosely is where they blend in a particular flavour (fruit/floral) onto the tobacco at the end of the refinement process. It's not deep enough to affect the taste much but it does give it a smell in the tin. The actual tobacco is a mostly Burley/Virginian blend.

You can see a review of Erinmore Flake here: http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend_detail.cfm?ALPHA=E&TID=1126

One bowl lasts around an hour and you can let it go out and relight it as you like. The more the tobacco sits around the drier it gets, which usually tastes better but will burn hotter and can give a worse smoke. It's about finding a balance. When you first light fresh pipe tobacco up it's usually a bit damp, takes awhile for it to get going.

There's a whole art-form in packing the tobacco into the pipe properly as well. I have a pipe tool which is a 3 pronged tool which has a tamper, reamer and spoon attached.

I have brought out the pipe at a few house parties and it always gets comments. It's really quite awesome. After smoking pipe tobacco normal cigarette tobacco tastes really artificial.

Hey this reminds me I need to buy a tobacco pouch to carry it around properly in. :D

Edit: Oh I should totally add that you do not inhale pipe tobacco into your lungs (same with cigars). You take a long, slow draw; hold the smoke in your mouth region for a few seconds then exhale it. The nicotine is absorbed through the mucous membranes in your mouth.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
relic
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom148 Posts
March 14 2011 09:20 GMT
#23
On March 14 2011 18:12 pfods wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2011 17:53 relic wrote:
On March 14 2011 17:43 PraetorianX wrote:
Well, I've never smoked tobacco (only cannabis).

So I started chewing Nicotine gum before 1v1 ladder games to improve my performance. Nicotine is an effective stimulant, and since I have no tolerance I figured it would help me out.

Can't say that it has. Nicotine gum tastes like shit, and I don't notice any change in mental capacity. So I dunno, maybe Nicotine just isn't my thing...


I don't know whether to laugh at you, or feel sorry for you.

Are you really saying you took nicotine gum to get a slightly better performance in some ladder matches? You do realise this is a game right?



Which some people take serious enough to travel across the world and compete for thousands of dollars for, and this person might want to be one of them.

Perhaps you're forgetting what website you're on?


I'm not at all, but it's laughable that you think it's okay to compete on the battle.net ladder, and take nicotine gum as a stimulant. Whatever you say, this guy is willing to take a highly addictive substance on the off chance that it might improve his ladder results, but hey, it's Starcraft, who cares!!

Fair enough if he was playing for thousands of dollars, and took some sort of energy stimulant, I can see the idea behind that.

"machine say me he win again, but he lie"
Silentness
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2821 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-14 09:22:23
March 14 2011 09:22 GMT
#24
my GF smokes. She shows no signs of slowing down on her smoking, but whatever it seems like it's common in Korea. Everywhere I go I see Korean women/men smoking so I guess it was just natural for her to eventually pick it up.

Because of her I occasionally smoke. When I do smoke I smoke like menthols, mainly Newport cigarettes. That's only when I'm drunk in a club or something other than that I don't smoke. So I'm not addicted. Woot!!!
GL HF... YOLO..lololollol.
fenixdown
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Colombia320 Posts
March 14 2011 09:23 GMT
#25
On March 14 2011 18:20 relic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2011 18:12 pfods wrote:
On March 14 2011 17:53 relic wrote:
On March 14 2011 17:43 PraetorianX wrote:
Well, I've never smoked tobacco (only cannabis).

So I started chewing Nicotine gum before 1v1 ladder games to improve my performance. Nicotine is an effective stimulant, and since I have no tolerance I figured it would help me out.

Can't say that it has. Nicotine gum tastes like shit, and I don't notice any change in mental capacity. So I dunno, maybe Nicotine just isn't my thing...


I don't know whether to laugh at you, or feel sorry for you.

Are you really saying you took nicotine gum to get a slightly better performance in some ladder matches? You do realise this is a game right?



Which some people take serious enough to travel across the world and compete for thousands of dollars for, and this person might want to be one of them.

Perhaps you're forgetting what website you're on?


I'm not at all, but it's laughable that you think it's okay to compete on the battle.net ladder, and take nicotine gum as a stimulant. Whatever you say, this guy is willing to take a highly addictive substance on the off chance that it might improve his ladder results, but hey, it's Starcraft, who cares!!

Fair enough if he was playing for thousands of dollars, and took some sort of energy stimulant, I can see the idea behind that.



Then someone could think that like in normal sports, this could be seen has dopping? xD
I love protoss because it is tough and straight. It is a race for the men. - Reach
sickle
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
New Zealand656 Posts
March 14 2011 09:29 GMT
#26
I love my Camels.
Kenderson
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada280 Posts
March 14 2011 09:32 GMT
#27
"As an example to others, and not that I care for moderation myself, it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep, and never to refrain from smoking when awake." -Mark Twain. I don't smoke cigarettes but I do enjoy spending time with my friend Mary, if you get my drift
"Faced with what is right, to leave it undone shows a lack of courage." -Confucious
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
March 14 2011 09:39 GMT
#28
[image loading]

Bali Shag, bitches.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Omigawa
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1556 Posts
March 14 2011 09:50 GMT
#29
I've been a pack a day smoker for the last year. I went from Marlboro Menthol Smoothes to Marlboro Menthol Lights to Parliament Lights back to Marlboro Menthol Lights. My dad has been smoking for 30+ years and has been trying to quit off and on for the last 10. He bought both of us E-cigarettes and I can tell you they are amazing. I haven't smoked a real cigarette in a week and I don't think I'll ever go back.
thopol
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Japan4560 Posts
March 14 2011 09:51 GMT
#30
Bali Shag was my go-to for a bit, though generally for spliffing. I found that I liked Norwegian Shag a bit better though. You might want to check it out.
Ponyo
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States1231 Posts
March 14 2011 09:54 GMT
#31
On March 14 2011 17:53 relic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2011 17:43 PraetorianX wrote:
Well, I've never smoked tobacco (only cannabis).

So I started chewing Nicotine gum before 1v1 ladder games to improve my performance. Nicotine is an effective stimulant, and since I have no tolerance I figured it would help me out.

Can't say that it has. Nicotine gum tastes like shit, and I don't notice any change in mental capacity. So I dunno, maybe Nicotine just isn't my thing...


I don't know whether to laugh at you, or feel sorry for you.

Are you really saying you took nicotine gum to get a slightly better performance in some ladder matches? You do realise this is a game right?


your such a goofball

@OP

ill just take the second hand toxins from all the airplanes rolling by all day.
ponyo.848
iRk
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden83 Posts
March 14 2011 10:03 GMT
#32
iv been smoking for around 3 years, and the thing is that i dont want to qout becouse I enjoy calling up my friends asking them if they want to join me for a cigarette and we meet up and talk and enjoying life.
Think less, play more.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
March 14 2011 10:10 GMT
#33
On March 14 2011 18:51 thopol wrote:
Bali Shag was my go-to for a bit, though generally for spliffing. I found that I liked Norwegian Shag a bit better though. You might want to check it out.

I've been smoking the Peter Stokkebye stuff for a while now, tried all 6-7 of them, thinking I enjoy Amsterdam Shag the best because I like a moister rolling tobacco. Great choice, though .
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
vol_
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia1608 Posts
March 14 2011 10:15 GMT
#34
I <3 my hookah too, so great when you have people around
Jaedong gives me a deep resonance.
StyLeD
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2965 Posts
March 14 2011 10:20 GMT
#35
I can smell all the second hand smoke coming from this thread.
"Even gophers love Starcraft" - Tasteless. || Davichi | IU <3
eohs
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States677 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-14 10:27:53
March 14 2011 10:25 GMT
#36
I get 200 cigs for 22 dollars, :D smoke shops are good for something

Also, if u live in america are u NOT tired of all these ppl trying to make the states smoke free... I was in Indianapolis airport and u cant smoke ANYWHERE not even outside... not even 100 feet from the building.... it is AMAZING to me, cuzz I do not LIGHT a cig then go up to ppl that are not smoking and smoke in front of you... just amazing.
WELCOME TO THE PARTY
CarlyZerg
Profile Joined December 2010
United States113 Posts
March 14 2011 10:33 GMT
#37
On March 14 2011 19:25 SeizeTheDay wrote:
I get 200 cigs for 22 dollars, :D smoke shops are good for something

Also, if u live in america are u NOT tired of all these ppl trying to make the states smoke free... I was in Indianapolis airport and u cant smoke ANYWHERE not even outside... not even 100 feet from the building.... it is AMAZING to me, cuzz I do not LIGHT a cig then go up to ppl that are not smoking and smoke in front of you... just amazing.



so true. and the situation is even more ridiculous in Cali where I live. Here there's places where if a police officer saw me smoking a cigarette, I'd put it out and say "i swear it was just a joint officer."
WhiteDog
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France8650 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-14 10:37:20
March 14 2011 10:35 GMT
#38
I used to smoke cigarillos, especially those vanilla cigarillo because chick love the smell :
[image loading]
I killed some kids with my smoke it seems. I lost the habit, still buying some from time to time.

I also smoked pipe during a period of time, but I stopped because my wife disliked the smell / taste in my mouth.

So I finally started to smoke cigarets, lucky strike to be precise, but I'm a casual (I'm actually smoking those cigaret because my wife told me I was sexy with it).
"every time WhiteDog overuses the word "seriously" in a comment I can make an observation on his fragile emotional state." MoltkeWarding
naggerNZ
Profile Joined December 2010
New Zealand708 Posts
March 14 2011 10:43 GMT
#39
I smoke Drum and Port Royal black label. Rollies, not tailies.
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17850 Posts
March 14 2011 10:48 GMT
#40
Usually I'm smoking Lucky Strikes, just because it's easier to grab a quick cloud on the way.

[image loading]

But when I'm at home or discussing some problems with people at the univ, have time to chill out etc. I reach for my sturdy pipe and the tobacco I'm currently testing out (it's expensive as hell but also very good, with a delicate plum taste/aroma).

[image loading]

Anyway, pipe is king if you want to smoke casually or would like to enjoy a leisurely slow evening.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 27 28 29 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta16
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech157
Nina 143
ViBE116
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15003
Artosis 475
PianO 20
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever387
NeuroSwarm87
canceldota71
League of Legends
Doublelift3509
Counter-Strike
Fnx 994
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
PPMD43
Other Games
summit1g6829
FrodaN1083
shahzam528
C9.Mang0295
RotterdaM85
Mew2King28
fpsfer 2
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 32
• RyuSc2 23
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 19
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1067
• Shiphtur623
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
16m
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.