• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:40
CEST 09:40
KST 16:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9012 users

When I turned 18, I..... - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17 18 Next All
On February 17 2011 10:02 Live2Win wrote:
Okay guys, chill out.

This is my brother here who'm I am proud of for who he is and for his decisions in life (so far).

He posted this thread with the intentions knowing what you guys did when you turned 18, not to ask your opinions on his religious choices or other stuff.

I ask you guys as an old TL member who use to contribute enormously to this site,
stay respectful and do not derail the topic.
Gridlock
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom517 Posts
February 16 2011 23:16 GMT
#61
When I turned 18, I....



...already had 2 children :|
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
February 16 2011 23:16 GMT
#62
Lottery ticket, the bar. The usual.

Apparently you have to be 21 to go to a casino. Still haven't gone to one, i really should sometime.
Keren
Profile Joined June 2010
United States67 Posts
February 16 2011 23:17 GMT
#63
On February 17 2011 07:31 BlackJack wrote:
When I turned 18 (August 4) I was preparing to start my first semester at University of Florida.

This was the same for me. And also strip club. Gogo lapdance
Yergidy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2107 Posts
February 16 2011 23:17 GMT
#64
I bought an M rated game and got carded... with my mom standing right next to me because she was paying for it for a birthday present. I felt like I turned 8 instead of 18.
One bright day in the middle of the night, Two dead boys got up to fight; Back to back they faced each other, Drew their swords and shot each other.
MangoTango
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States3670 Posts
February 16 2011 23:17 GMT
#65
On February 17 2011 07:30 slappy wrote:
I smoked 18 blunts


How old are you now? Have you sobered up yet?

I passed my driver's test, then on drive home I bought a losing lottery ticket, then went home for cake.
"One fish, two fish, red fish, BLUE TANK!" - Artosis
Fredoq
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden206 Posts
February 16 2011 23:17 GMT
#66
On February 17 2011 07:35 kr3wTraveLeR wrote:
I turn 18 tomorrow, still haven't decided what to do.

Edit: Technically "today" given the clock on TL.

Grats bro! :D So what did you do? ;D
DanceSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States751 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-16 23:19:46
February 16 2011 23:19 GMT
#67
18 - went gambling with family, the casino gave $10 worth of tokens because it was my birthday month, and another $10 because it was my first time ever.. I walked out with $86.
21 - Nothing, I think i played some broodwar... I know the first drink i had was 2 months after i turned 21... oh! i went to Hooters, bought a shirt, and walked out.
Dance.943 || "I think he's just going to lose. There's only so many ways you can lose. And he's going to make some kind of units. And I'm going to attack him, and then all his stuff is going to die. That's about the best prediction that I can make" - NonY
Vlanitak
Profile Joined November 2009
Norway3045 Posts
February 16 2011 23:19 GMT
#68
what I did when I turned 18? I bought SC2, release date on my 18th Birthday, Some one in Blizz loves me <3
washed
FishFuzz99
Profile Joined February 2010
United States152 Posts
February 16 2011 23:20 GMT
#69
Nothing different, except if I get arrested, I'm boned.
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
February 16 2011 23:20 GMT
#70
Walked to the supermarket, bought $20 worth of loto tickets.
won back $7
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
Wasteweiser
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada522 Posts
February 16 2011 23:20 GMT
#71
Not big on celebrating birthdays but im pretty sure my 18th was spent going to university at 8 am, leaving at around 4, then driving lessons at 5 to 7, then some food and bed. Pretty exciting 18th but over the weekend me 2 friends hit the strippers and got plastered so i guess thats my real 18th birthday story, made my friend puke on 151 and made about 100 bucks off pool sharks, good night. FYI i suck at pool, but my buddies are amazing.
Obitus.243
Lexpar
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
1813 Posts
February 16 2011 23:20 GMT
#72
I'll be 18 in 3 months. I'm no fortune teller, but the likelihood of beer, weed, and breasts seems very high.

Also voting a few months afterwards.
Rebornlife
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada224 Posts
February 16 2011 23:21 GMT
#73
Do many Americans come up to Canada to drink on their 18th? I know i would, having the age set to 21 would drive me crazy! One more thing to love about the great white north
Rebornlife
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada224 Posts
February 16 2011 23:22 GMT
#74
On February 17 2011 08:16 ThaZenith wrote:
Lottery ticket, the bar. The usual.

Apparently you have to be 21 to go to a casino. Still haven't gone to one, i really should sometime.



In Edmonton casino's are 18? Im pretty sure whatever the drinking age, your allowed in casinos. (For Canada)
Tufas
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Austria2259 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-16 23:25:04
February 16 2011 23:23 GMT
#75
Well in austria it is legal to drink/smoke when you turn 16 so with 18 you just have to pay more. Thats all you achieve.

Well on my birthday I threw a big party, got totally drunk and slept with my girlfriend back then.
Happy birthday stranger on TL.

BTW : Just turning 18 doesnt mean scrap. Its a process of getting older and not a change every time another year rolls along :D
Where is my ACE flair
Wasteweiser
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada522 Posts
February 16 2011 23:24 GMT
#76
On February 17 2011 08:21 Rebornlife wrote:
Do many Americans come up to Canada to drink on their 18th? I know i would, having the age set to 21 would drive me crazy! One more thing to love about the great white north

Me and my friends have been drinking since we were 15, not often but once in awhile at big parties, im sure its the same int he states, no one cares about the law. Just dont get caught driving drunk lol, or dont drive drunk period already lost one friend to that.
Obitus.243
RageBot
Profile Joined November 2010
Israel1530 Posts
February 16 2011 23:25 GMT
#77
I sat in a car, while my family drove from New York to the Niagra Falls, we were pulled over by a cop and when we arrived I got sick and went to sleep early.
Celadan
Profile Joined September 2010
Norway471 Posts
February 16 2011 23:26 GMT
#78
Well I bought a pc, hasnt assembled it yet.
I managed to skip almost the entire norwegian eqvulient of high school without failing in any subjects.
Im still looking for work however :S

its just a couple of weeks ago since i had my 18th brthday
спеціальна Тактика
Sanctimonius
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom861 Posts
February 16 2011 23:26 GMT
#79
Lots of alcohol (being British is awesome) but pretty much a letdown, like most birthdays

My big one was turing 21. That was when I realized 'wow, guess I have to be an adult now. Sigh.'
You live the life you choose.
Velocirapture
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States983 Posts
February 16 2011 23:27 GMT
#80
Lotto ticket/Cigs (i smoked exactly one then gave the pack to my bf at the time)/strip club. It was not the most fun I have ever had but it was a right of passage. Id be pretty upset if I had missed out.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 381
Hyuk 283
910 100
Yoon 44
Bale 30
ZergMaN 26
NotJumperer 24
Dewaltoss 20
yabsab 16
League of Legends
JimRising 522
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King175
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor460
crisheroes343
Other Games
ceh9505
WinterStarcraft411
singsing399
Happy367
PiGStarcraft232
Sick230
olofmeister215
Livibee163
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick695
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream282
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH21
• LUISG 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2368
League of Legends
• Stunt520
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
3h 21m
Stellar Fest
5h 21m
The PondCast
1d 2h
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.