• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:01
CEST 01:01
KST 08:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9034 users

When I turned 18, I..... - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
On February 17 2011 10:02 Live2Win wrote:
Okay guys, chill out.

This is my brother here who'm I am proud of for who he is and for his decisions in life (so far).

He posted this thread with the intentions knowing what you guys did when you turned 18, not to ask your opinions on his religious choices or other stuff.

I ask you guys as an old TL member who use to contribute enormously to this site,
stay respectful and do not derail the topic.
Xinliben
Profile Joined May 2009
United States931 Posts
February 16 2011 22:38 GMT
#21
Was the oldest of my "friends" at the time. I was currently in the process of sleeping with my friends brothers girlfriend, so on my birthday we all got really high and went driving somewhere and she blurted out to the guy how useless he was and she liked me more but I had to tell her I just liked her ass and drug connections. She was really sad she fucked herself over so hard. We still were "friends" anyway, girls right.

I was a an idiot, fun times though.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery"
maxtodd
Profile Joined June 2010
58 Posts
February 16 2011 22:42 GMT
#22
Bought a pack of cigs, tried to smoke one, coughed, and gave them away.

4 years later; I smoke 2-3 packs a week. lol?
Biggo
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia185 Posts
February 16 2011 22:42 GMT
#23
Paid for my own lap dance that my friends organised me after they ran out of money (I was the only one working at the time)
Order
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Lithuania231 Posts
February 16 2011 22:43 GMT
#24
I remember turning 18 was such a big deal for me that when it happened I felt like even pissing was somehow more special.

Now, I've got to tell you something, dear birthday guy, when u turn 18 something strange happens and time starts to go at 4x times the speed. It's unexplainable, but if you ask anyone they will confirm. Just try asking your parents or someone you know. I'm sure they will say the same - after 18 or 20 it just seems that you blackout for half a day or something cause time really seems to be going 4x times the speed. Not even joking!

Happy Bday, tho
Common Sense - so rare that it's a super power
Nomadic_Spoon
Profile Joined October 2010
United States5 Posts
February 16 2011 22:43 GMT
#25
Its legal to drink by 18 in most of the world. In the States you can know be a convicted felon!
Call me Spoon
Rotodyne
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2263 Posts
February 16 2011 22:44 GMT
#26
In my state you can't even buy a lighter when you turn 19. Forget about tobacco.
I can only play starcraft when I am shit canned. IPXZERG is a god.
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
February 16 2011 22:44 GMT
#27
I was just as stupid as I was at 17.
ModeratorGodfather
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
February 16 2011 22:44 GMT
#28
got 2 rooms at a hotel.
got stripper.
i got hot wax all over me and the stripper shaved my ass because it was my birthday.
1/4 of people got kicked out when hotel management came with police officers due to noise complaint and ID'ed everyone.

one of the most memorable nights, so much fun stuff happened that night ^_^
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
_Darwin_
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2374 Posts
February 16 2011 22:45 GMT
#29
I don't remember my 18th birthday.
I cant stop lactating
Usagi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Spain1647 Posts
February 16 2011 22:46 GMT
#30
On February 17 2011 07:44 Manifesto7 wrote:
I was just as stupid as I was at 17.

Agreed, and that mental state can be prolongated in time, I think I didnt have a glimpse of what the heck I was doing untill I was 22 or so xD
Airfan
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany73 Posts
February 16 2011 22:47 GMT
#31
I couldn't wait to get invited to the SC2 beta back then in April.
r33k
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Italy3402 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-16 22:48:16
February 16 2011 22:47 GMT
#32
Man do we have different standards... Sure I was raised in a grungy environment but our perks and objectives feel so different ^^

My accomplishments (that I was proud of, or at least that I regarded highly) at the time were something along the lines of
-Keeping my asperger's well hidden to everyone
-Having a close group of friends (which later completely bailed on me when my mom got cancer and I had to hop between jobs)
-Having had girls have teen crushes on me (mind you I was a teenager at the time, it sounds ridiculous to me as well right now)
-Getting over 160 at a mensa test and basically giving them the middle finger
-I remember being really proud about how effectively I would spend my spare time, I was often feeling like I was achieving more by skipping school and taking time to myself.
-Being able to make (albeit really small, but pre-esports burst) a little money off of videogames
...and that's about it? Idk, it's probably the asperger's but I never really felt like I needed to accomplish stuff, it was always more about people pushing me and me turning around.

What I was concerned with not having accomplished at the time was something a lot of people will have in common with me, such as
-Being really awkward clubbing and actually getting girls and long-term relationships
-Never being able to get a job
-Not being able to stay in the same school for a prolonged period of time (changed elementary school and high school midway), being absent a lot (which isn't too uncommon in Italian schools, but one day a week on average is still considered a bit much).
-Having a low self esteem, again girls.
-Not being able to keep a full Will Hunting persona (my scores were always decent to good but never stellar, that is without touching a book for the whole course of high school)
-Being actually quite bad at music and not too good at coding.
-Not having my nose fixed, which has been gimping my body throughout my whole life, and that I am still working on getting surgery on.

To be honest I found this interesting because I haven't had a chance to look back before but some people might find this boring or that it should simply be blogged. Regardless, have a happy birthday and enjoy being 18!

Oh and I got a stripper too.
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-16 22:48:43
February 16 2011 22:48 GMT
#33
I don't remember mine either. I was a soph at university and it was just uneventful. I'm guessing it was studying and videogames. I don't see what the big deal is.
Clearout
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway1060 Posts
February 16 2011 22:48 GMT
#34
I went out drinking with my friends (most of whom had already turned 18) and had a great time while spending loads of money on alchohol. Yes, drinking age is 18 here
really?
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19258 Posts
February 16 2011 22:48 GMT
#35
....I turned 18.

You say the "real" goal is 21....but it's actually 25.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
naggerNZ
Profile Joined December 2010
New Zealand708 Posts
February 16 2011 22:49 GMT
#36
When I turned 18...

I went to a bar and got drunk.
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
February 16 2011 22:49 GMT
#37
On February 17 2011 07:44 Manifesto7 wrote:
I was just as stupid as I was at 17.


Indeed,

Went into a BP station and bought some cigs, didnt get carded... Disappointing.
Bought a Lotto ticket.
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
cujo2k
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada1044 Posts
February 16 2011 22:52 GMT
#38
was a big deal for me since I was able to open a chequing account and immediately start gambling online. dunno why but the online casinos/poker rooms require canadians to be 18+ even tho its technically illegal for any Canadian of any age to gamble on their sites.
I made some decent money bonus whoring back then, so it was pretty epic to get that free $
THE ANSWER IS 288
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
February 16 2011 22:54 GMT
#39
I ate cake. I sometimes also eat cake when I don't turn 18.
I like to forget my own age and/or year of birth because, well, I simply don't care.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
`Zapdos
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States935 Posts
February 16 2011 22:55 GMT
#40
I played brood war all day, just like every other day back then. So play brood war or sc2 all day. Not because your 18, but because your a fucking boss.
www.twitch.tv/thezapdos come watch me :]
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE110
CosmosSc2 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 580
Artosis 516
910 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever485
League of Legends
JimRising 538
Counter-Strike
minikerr14
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5583
Liquid`Hasu1202
Other Games
summit1g7528
shahzam606
C9.Mang0265
ArmadaUGS70
Trikslyr43
ZombieGrub24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick169
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream160
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 138
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h
Kung Fu Cup
12h
Stellar Fest
14h
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.