• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:15
CEST 02:15
KST 09:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9501 users

When I turned 18, I..... - Page 17

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 Next All
On February 17 2011 10:02 Live2Win wrote:
Okay guys, chill out.

This is my brother here who'm I am proud of for who he is and for his decisions in life (so far).

He posted this thread with the intentions knowing what you guys did when you turned 18, not to ask your opinions on his religious choices or other stuff.

I ask you guys as an old TL member who use to contribute enormously to this site,
stay respectful and do not derail the topic.
ZuRbii
Profile Joined January 2011
United States58 Posts
February 19 2011 23:55 GMT
#321
I didn't really care too much. The only thing I was excited for was that I finally made minimum wage at my job.
SaYyId
Profile Joined August 2010
Portugal277 Posts
February 19 2011 23:58 GMT
#322
Is it just me or Portugal is the only place where you can legally drink when you're 16?
No Strings. No attachments.
Kyhol
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2575 Posts
February 20 2011 00:03 GMT
#323
bought a case of beer - they never took my ID. GOD DAMN IT!
Wishing you well.
Xeofreestyler
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Belgium6786 Posts
February 20 2011 00:07 GMT
#324
lapdance
Graphics
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
February 20 2011 00:07 GMT
#325
When i turned 18 i got my imaginary awesome TL mod that is my brother back to actively contributing to this site.
Fan of the Jangbanger
aeyr
Profile Joined December 2009
United States60 Posts
February 20 2011 00:21 GMT
#326
...don't remember. xD
tacos
FroZen(-_-)
Profile Joined December 2010
United States183 Posts
February 20 2011 00:26 GMT
#327
I HAVENT TURNED 18
"The concept of dying terrifies me, and I've taken to watching Netflix at night until I pass out to avoid thinking about it. This is better than my old strategy of crying until I passed out.." -blestedt
insaneMicro
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany761 Posts
February 20 2011 00:29 GMT
#328
Got starcraft 2 as a present from my brother, skipped class and played all day.
Then, bought tequila and cigarettes and celebrated =)

Also I've not been asked for ID ever since I turned 18 T.T
"Damn I played some fine Zerg right there". -Fruitdealer
OriginalBeast
Profile Joined September 2010
United States709 Posts
February 20 2011 00:31 GMT
#329
On February 17 2011 07:30 slappy wrote:
I smoked 18 blunts

More gg, more skill.
iPood
Profile Joined January 2011
United States99 Posts
February 20 2011 00:33 GMT
#330
I just turned 18 a couple weeks ago.... i really don't have anything new to do...
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
February 20 2011 00:37 GMT
#331
Ice cream cake! YES
That is indeed the best shit ever!


Not 18 yet so I can't share though ^_^;
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
RmpL
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany263 Posts
February 20 2011 00:40 GMT
#332
On February 20 2011 08:58 SaYyId wrote:
Is it just me or Portugal is the only place where you can legally drink when you're 16?


No, you can drink beer and that stuff at the age of 16 here. Hard stuff with 18


All i did when i turned 18 was driving my car all day and hang out with friends, its not that big of a deal when you turn 18 but that was some time ago so maybe i did some crazy stuff .. dont know

Getting old is shit, because you have to take care of stuff yourself ..;(


WOBbit
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
21 Posts
February 20 2011 00:40 GMT
#333
taught myself how to smoke
Inertia_EU
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom513 Posts
February 20 2011 00:52 GMT
#334
Went to a restaurant with friends, had a fahl and bought my own booze
Went into town, drank an absurd amount of alcohol.
The rest is a blur.
There was a stripper involved & I lost two of my friends.
The morning after I Woke up beside my girlfriend who that night had realised that i was fucked, and put our romantic meal on hold.
Upon concluding that i was a drunken mess in the city She preceeded to Call, Find and drive me back to hers, and put me in bed.
Was a special night.
canucks12
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada812 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-20 01:05:02
February 20 2011 01:03 GMT
#335
I had my chemistry final. Then that night I had to study for two more finals that were on the two consecutive days after.

My 19th was endlessly better.
Fir3fly
Profile Joined May 2009
Australia251 Posts
February 20 2011 01:05 GMT
#336
i did practically nothing.

had a dinner then had some friends over..

alright night though.

also brofist to the op for abstience.
DisneylandSC
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands435 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-20 01:15:10
February 20 2011 01:12 GMT
#337
I stopped caring about birthdays when I turned like 12. I invited my grandparents and a few people every year because my parents insisted on it and thats about it. 18th birthday was pretty much like that as well, rather uneventfull, I guess I played videogames and or went to school that day. I moved out when I turned 19 and that was also the last ever brthday I celebrated until now (I'm 24 : O).

Either way I find the idea that anything would magically change when you hit some arbitrary number such as 18 earth years absurd. As far as accomplishments go dito. The achievement of a lifetime is made, as is already in the name, during your lifetime. What I can say is that I am pretty much on cours with regards to what I want to achieve. So yay for me : D

-edit: SaYyId, nope, for Holland the legal age for drinking is also 16. Except hard liqour, for which the legal age is 18.
a9arnn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1537 Posts
February 20 2011 02:37 GMT
#338
Mine was pretty lame. I was in Kansas City, MO, for a cultist convention (something called Skills USA) and it was like a million, billion degrees there D: (I'm from NH btw). That entire week was pretty horrible actually ( 90+ and ridiculous humidity). I only went cause I was basically forced to go; it was such a waste of my time.

I will never go that far south during the summer ever again, I don't know how people deal with it :/ .
VOD finder guy for sc2ratings.com/ ! aka: ogndrahcir, a9azn2 | Go ZerO, Stork, Sea, and KawaiiRice :D | nesc2league.com/forum/index.php | youtube.com/watch?v=oaGtjWL5mZo
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
February 20 2011 02:41 GMT
#339
When I turned 18 it was uneventful and I still feel that way, I do feel more mature then I used to though.
I <3 Plexa.
Ganondorf
Profile Joined April 2010
Italy600 Posts
February 20 2011 02:48 GMT
#340
I had a big party with both friends and relatives, then after finishing high school i packed my stuff and went to university to live on my own for the first time. It's important to do that, either go to university/college away from home or go to work away from home and your parents.

The other shit like driving a car (which i did at that age, and of course still do today), being able to vote in elections (which i did only once), wasn't really important.
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft276
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft276
ViBE145
CosmosSc2 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1825
Artosis 620
Shuttle 544
910 33
Dota 2
monkeys_forever701
Counter-Strike
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox469
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5649
Other Games
summit1g7867
shahzam597
JimRising 545
C9.Mang0208
Maynarde125
ArmadaUGS72
Trikslyr48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick696
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream117
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen130
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 45m
Stellar Fest
12h 45m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.