• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:22
CEST 05:22
KST 12:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7022 users

When I turned 18, I..... - Page 16

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 Next All
On February 17 2011 10:02 Live2Win wrote:
Okay guys, chill out.

This is my brother here who'm I am proud of for who he is and for his decisions in life (so far).

He posted this thread with the intentions knowing what you guys did when you turned 18, not to ask your opinions on his religious choices or other stuff.

I ask you guys as an old TL member who use to contribute enormously to this site,
stay respectful and do not derail the topic.
FetTerBender
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany1393 Posts
February 17 2011 15:30 GMT
#301
On my 18 th birthday i had a great party together with 3 friends from school. We were pretty much dumped already when the first guests arrived to the party, nevertheless went on until 5 in the morning. I had my worst headache ever, but i guess it was my own fault.

The one thing i did not do until i was 19: getting a driving license. Most people were so boosted to get their license, somewhy i did not even really care.
There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity.
BasilPesto
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia624 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-17 15:45:58
February 17 2011 15:45 GMT
#302
Nothing at all.

Birthdays have come to mean very little to me.

Then again, I am a robot, so take my post with any grain of your choice.
"I before E...*sunglasses*... except after C." - Jim Carrey
Amnesia
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3818 Posts
February 18 2011 16:53 GMT
#303
The day I turned 18, I graduated high school lol~
Mykill
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada3402 Posts
February 18 2011 16:55 GMT
#304
18 for 18.
Chilled with my friends.
Wrote a midterm and passed it with flying colors.

Still 18, its no different
[~~The Impossible Leads To Invention~~] CJ Entusman #52 The problem with internet quotations is that they are hard to verify -Abraham Lincoln c.1863
ScrubS
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands436 Posts
February 18 2011 17:11 GMT
#305
On February 17 2011 22:43 Agathon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2011 22:36 shinarit wrote:
Well, i dont live in the states, so we dont have any legal-line around 21 (must suck for you, im really feel sorry). Sex from 14+, alcohol 18+. But i drank alcohol before 18 and had first sex after :D

On the day i turned 18 i dont remember exactly what i did (it was some years ago), but i guess nothing special. I didnt owe myself anything to note or regret, or to be proud of actually (baccalaureate was still some months from there), i was a beginner programmer back than


15+ for sex in France, 18+ for alcohol too

But we start drinking way before that age, like in Hungaria :D

I beg 14/15 for most of us.


Don't you guys even start, I will win anyway cause I live in Amsterdam . Alcohol is legal from 16+, sex is always around i guess and weed/hasj/mushrooms from 18+.

On topic: I am only 17 years old yet, but its good to see some nice ideas pass by ^^
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
February 18 2011 17:21 GMT
#306
Let me just make this known to TLers who still live at home with their parents:
Just because you're 18 doesn't mean you're legally able to do anything without parents' consent. If you live at their house, they will most likely still make you follow their rules. Granted, you probably won't have a curfew, but you'll still generally be expected to check in.

That being said, when I turned 18, I thought "I can do anything I want now! I'm an adult!" Well, it didn't turn out that way, but I did have a lot more liberties.
I didn't buy cigarettes, because I don't want to ruin my body smoking (And when I turn 21 this may, I won't be buying alcohol either.) but I did buy a scratch off ticket. I won $5 *shrug*
Aside from that, I didn't do much....
Nizaris
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium2230 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-18 17:28:16
February 18 2011 17:28 GMT
#307
Had just finished my BAC 2 days before. Took some LSD (only time in my life) with some chicks and it was AMAZING!
CryingCow
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada149 Posts
February 18 2011 17:36 GMT
#308
on my birthday i did everything I could think of that was sleezy. anything that is sleezy that yuo can think of, i did. what up.
Hi! :)
Flaccid
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
8923 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-18 17:41:28
February 18 2011 17:39 GMT
#309
Happy birthday!

I just did the usual right of passage for guys turning 18 - drank an inappropriate amount of the nastiest shots people could find and woke up many hours later in a snowbank. It's cold in February =[. Nothing to be proud of.

Hope you have/had a great birthday.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
DyEnasTy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3720 Posts
February 19 2011 04:06 GMT
#310
Hey OP.

Ive been reading some of the posts here and I got mad respect for you. First for stating your beliefs and being proud of them. There are alot of different opinions on this site. I too am religious and very proud of it and the organization im involved with.

I too also stayed a virgin and drug free and tried hard in school. I moved out 3 months after I turned 18, and continued a healthy lifestyle. Keep it up, let the haters hate on what they dont understand.

It takes broad shoulders to live that type of lifestyle, especially when its ridiculed by the majority of peers your age.
Much better to die an awesome Terran than to live as a magic wielding fairy or a mindless sac of biological goop. -Manifesto7
peidongyang
Profile Joined January 2009
Canada2084 Posts
February 19 2011 04:07 GMT
#311
got a tattoo....

then went to the casino and ate -> they have the BEST food!
the throws never bothered me anyway
Cloud
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sexico5880 Posts
February 19 2011 05:36 GMT
#312
I remember dreading every moment of the days leading to my 18th birthday. The very same day I woke up early and stayed in my bed for so long with this huge knot inside my chest, I knew the question was coming, and I remember the feeling very well because it's the same thing I'm feeling right now. Tomorrow I'm getting 3 of my molars pulled out and I'm such a chickenshit (autocorrect didn't bother me about that word!). Anyway, so I finally went into the living room and well what do you know I was right about it going to be a shitty birthday. My dad popped the question:

"So when are you going to get a job?"

I only managed a stupid smile and pretty much stayed the rest of the day in my room pretending to do homework or something and hoping that he wouldn't come inside.
BlueLaguna on West, msg for game.
DyEnasTy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3720 Posts
February 19 2011 05:38 GMT
#313
On February 19 2011 13:07 peidongyang wrote:
got a tattoo....

then went to the casino and ate -> they have the BEST food!



Dude, your sig made me ROFL so loud. The mental pic was terrible yet funny.
Much better to die an awesome Terran than to live as a magic wielding fairy or a mindless sac of biological goop. -Manifesto7
Irrelevant
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2364 Posts
February 19 2011 05:46 GMT
#314
Got wasted, did some drugs, partied with friends, picked up a girl and went home and had unprotected sex til dawn.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
February 19 2011 05:49 GMT
#315
Well it's been a while since I've posted here so I'm gonna go for one here.

To all who support me, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

To all who disagree with my decisions, thank you for your opinions, just taking the time to reply to my thread means much to me

To all who shared their stories, WOW, some crazy stuff happened to a numerous amount of ppl

To all who view this thread, please, just enjoy it and share stories and give insight if you wish.

Let's make this thread thrive in a positive way.

(yes I sound retarded, I don't care.... Oo)
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
GQz
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia168 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-19 05:53:45
February 19 2011 05:51 GMT
#316
Drank, got drunk, made out with some random chick I'd met that day. Good times.
My following birthdays were less eventful.
19th - organised something but it was just a get-together, no hookups =(
20th - friends threw me a surprise party, I was throwing something small together too, it all came together nicely. Still a hookup would've been nice =( *sad trollfaces all round*

EDIT: Oh in Australia it's 16 for sex - 18 for tobacco, alcohol and voting (pretty much everything people get in the US at 21 we get here at 18). Everyone starts drinking at like 12 though. Hell, I know I did. Weird thing was that my dad got me the booze. My dad's so cool...
FJ
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom321 Posts
February 19 2011 19:21 GMT
#317
The biggest thing for me was not needing to present my fake ID to buy alcohol any more lol. Well I live in the UAE and the age is 21, but when I go back to England I get to use a real ID.

I went to a secluded Arabic getaway for rich posh people. Drove out into the desert for over an hour to get to this 5 star place. We then went to a massive Arabic style banquet, all you can eat with live entertainment. All the seats where in the middle watching a stage, and all around was small stalls designed like old fashioned markets, and they had the food on them.

Part of the entertainment was a belly dancer (with a nice rack). I had no idea about this, but because it was my birthday, suddenly all the lights went out, then a spot light came over me, and the belly dancer came over to me and took my hand and took me to the stage. Then we had to dance in front of everyone, roughly 80-100 people lol. Good thing I'm a pretty confident person and I strutted my funky stuff that night.

Always remember it.
Disregard females, acquire vespene gas.
MaxField
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2386 Posts
February 19 2011 19:44 GMT
#318
On February 17 2011 10:19 MMinji wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2011 09:35 Gatsbi wrote:
I'm sorry you are a religious sheep. It's not your fault though, brainwashed by your parents since you were 1 year old I'm sure. My only advice is get out there and start being skeptical of all the crap you were taught. And stop going to 'bible study'. Seriously, don't lose the best years of your life to religion.



Please come to Hawaii and preach to all our lost souls. Everyone here is brainwashed in and out. We have a church on every corner, and all my once-hardcore friends are becoming "Elders" and going to serve as missionaries in 3rd world countries.

HECK YA BRO!!!
I just got my mission call to serve in Fukuoka Japan and i am so excited. I love my church (LDS) and those who hate just have yet been able to understand how great it is!!! I hope one day missionaries will knock on your door and you will be able to learn what true happiness is!
"Zerg, so bad it loses to hydras" IdrA.
Twitches
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada365 Posts
February 19 2011 20:40 GMT
#319
I probably just went to school and then nerded out when I got home with a few friends and played xbox or something. I really don't remember, but I know none of my birthdays are really ever too significant.. Its mostly just another day for me every year.
Gravity is just a feeble plot.
Lennon
Profile Joined February 2010
United Kingdom2275 Posts
February 19 2011 23:38 GMT
#320
Birthdays aren't important to me. When I was 18, my mentality wasn't "omg I'm 18 now". I didn't care.
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft387
RuFF_SC2 150
Nina 112
-ZergGirl 74
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2221
Bale 22
yabsab 21
Terrorterran 10
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1206
taco 332
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox673
Other Games
summit1g7851
JimRising 683
Day[9].tv529
C9.Mang0335
WinterStarcraft288
ViBE161
Maynarde143
Livibee135
Sick127
ArmadaUGS34
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick956
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream155
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 14
• OhrlRock 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv529
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
7h 38m
Stellar Fest
9h 38m
The PondCast
1d 6h
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
OSC
1d 20h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.