• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:28
CEST 03:28
KST 10:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8188 users

When I turned 18, I..... - Page 15

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All
On February 17 2011 10:02 Live2Win wrote:
Okay guys, chill out.

This is my brother here who'm I am proud of for who he is and for his decisions in life (so far).

He posted this thread with the intentions knowing what you guys did when you turned 18, not to ask your opinions on his religious choices or other stuff.

I ask you guys as an old TL member who use to contribute enormously to this site,
stay respectful and do not derail the topic.
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
February 17 2011 13:44 GMT
#281
I remember my eighteenth birthday for its lack of anything interesting I turned eighteen smack in the middle of finals week, so I couldnt really go do anything crazy.
Stupid mid-june birthday...
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
February 17 2011 13:47 GMT
#282
Talent night @ high school, I was judging (for the competition), got a couple shoutouts from the performers, went for food after, done.

Alcohol purchasing age is 19 in Ontario so drinks back then D=
[TLMS] REBOOT
FlashIsHigh
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States474 Posts
February 17 2011 13:51 GMT
#283
My parents threw me a party with a stripper, then me and all my friends went to ESPNzone. It was a great time prolly my best birthday
KT Flash// WhiteRa/Scarlett/Naniwa/MC/Huk/Nony
Tadrin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States15 Posts
February 17 2011 13:52 GMT
#284
Great job man, looks like you have some good moral standards I turned 18 on a day off from school (Dec 29) So I had a bunch of friends over and we played video games all afternoon into the next morning. I didn't buy anything that was legal at 18 until about a month later, just wasn't something I really cared about doing. Sounds like you had a very eventful day though. 21 was a whole different story... but I will let you experience that for yourself
MasterSquid
Profile Joined February 2011
United States12 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-17 13:58:05
February 17 2011 13:56 GMT
#285
my 18th birthday was me and my 2 closest friends hanging out and playing super smash bros brawl.

it was way more fun then it sounds
my 19th was a huge party all over the city and it wasnt nearly as awesome
still havent done anything only 18 year olds can do
looking forward to presidential voting
couches
Profile Joined November 2010
618 Posts
February 17 2011 14:10 GMT
#286
On February 17 2011 22:36 shinarit wrote:
Well, i dont live in the states, so we dont have any legal-line around 21 (must suck for you, im really feel sorry).

It's not like that ever stopped anybody from drinking here. So no reason to feel sorry.
SushilS
Profile Joined November 2010
2115 Posts
February 17 2011 14:15 GMT
#287
I studied like a DOG for first year med-school! Zzzz Feb bithdays must all know where I'm comin from.

And GL HF on the abstinence thing mate.. I'm sure you'll find it all worth it in the end. Good to hear you have a nice bible-study going on too. That can be a great blessing!
iceiceice: I’m going to make this short; I am the one true tinker player.
nathangonmad
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom317 Posts
February 17 2011 14:16 GMT
#288
My and my best mate went out to a all you can drink rock club and got completely wasted.
Keep trying Leenock
Euronyme
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden3804 Posts
February 17 2011 14:26 GMT
#289
On February 17 2011 07:38 vectorix108 wrote:
My friends insisted that I go out and have fun. It was fortunately a friday night so fun I did have....


My friends did the same, until they found out it was on a sunday... It was a sad story indeed.
I bet i can maı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨̨̨̨̨̨ke you wipe your screen.
Euronyme
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden3804 Posts
February 17 2011 14:27 GMT
#290
On February 17 2011 22:51 FlashIsHigh wrote:
My parents threw me a party with a stripper, then me and all my friends went to ESPNzone. It was a great time prolly my best birthday


Troll much?
I bet i can maı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨̨̨̨̨̨ke you wipe your screen.
Krehlmar
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1149 Posts
February 17 2011 14:31 GMT
#291
wow... abstinance.

Well I think it's idiocy, all it adds up to is a shitty sexlife when you finally do get a woman/wife/whatever. Your choice, a bad choice in my opinion.

Also it's not really an achievement to, as a guy, not have sex. Trust me most of Team Liquid is probably right up there with you.
My Comment Doesnt Matter Because No One Reads It
Zinnwaldite
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway1567 Posts
February 17 2011 14:38 GMT
#292
hm,, it was just another day
We promise with a view to hope, but the reason to "accomplish" what we promised would be fear.
SedativeDev
Profile Joined August 2010
Slovenia316 Posts
February 17 2011 14:48 GMT
#293
On February 17 2011 07:43 Order wrote:

Now, I've got to tell you something, dear birthday guy, when u turn 18 something strange happens and time starts to go at 4x times the speed. It's unexplainable, but if you ask anyone they will confirm. Just try asking your parents or someone you know. I'm sure they will say the same - after 18 or 20 it just seems that you blackout for half a day or something cause time really seems to be going 4x times the speed. Not even joking!

Happy Bday, tho


Man that is so true. After i turned around 20 the time flies by me like a rocket. I remember some things like they happend a week ago but years has past.

This is the worst part of being 'Grown up'
Sephy90
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1785 Posts
February 17 2011 14:55 GMT
#294
Is it really bad.... that I'm 20 (almost 21) and I can't remember my 18th birthday or barely anything at that age for the life of me? Seriously I wanted to contribute a bit to this thread but now it's really bugging me.

My unaccomplished'ments (keke lol) however were
1. I did so shitty throughout high school that even to this day I have a nightmare every few months about failing to do a homework/classwork assignment/test

2. Even though my grandparents were so anal, I didn't appreciate them as much as I should have (they were the ones that raised me anyway) and I would disrespect them almost everyday? I was such a dick. My grandma is probably the only one in this world that can piss me off or make me angry haha but she was such a jerk (because I wasn't grateful to her as I should've been).

3.I can't think of anything else so ---> not getting a job or my drivers license at an earlier age.
"So I turned the lights off at night and practiced by myself"
craz3d
Profile Joined August 2005
Bulgaria856 Posts
February 17 2011 14:59 GMT
#295
On February 17 2011 07:31 MMello wrote:
I went to the LCBO trying to get carded but it never happened.


Yea, fuck. Before I turned 19 I was carded all the time at the LCBO, but after that they stopped. Anyways, I've always gotten smashed on my birthdays, and the 18th wasn't any different.
Hello World!
drooL
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United Kingdom2108 Posts
February 17 2011 15:03 GMT
#296
my 18th was kinda boring (my fault); i got some friends over and we went out and got some beer and chillaxed down at the rhine while listening to priest and maiden. actually, it was a good time :D
since some had to go early, it ended pretty quickly and me and the (then) singer of my band went to my house and had some more beer and watched a cool dvd (dismember - under blood red skies).

i can't really complain. i'm not into throwing big parties and stuff because of the cleaning work that comes with it i like the chilled stuff.

accomplishments?

well i guess... never having smoked (still not of course), not starting drinking too early. having a nice band and an awesome best friend, got to know my girlfriend 2 weeks after, having a chilled social-service job (at that time) and having school finished with a decent grade (although being lazy as fuck).

nothing outrageous. but if you can chill... chill.
@nowSimon
z00z00
Profile Joined February 2011
1 Post
February 17 2011 15:12 GMT
#297
At the age of 17, my mum passed away due to a 2 year struggle with breast cancer.
At the age of 18, i was in my last year of high school and played cs and dota all day long so i fucked up bad. My spirits were so low that i cried myself to sleep on my birthday. I had a younger brother to look after and my father was working overseas full time.

At the age of 21 now, i am doing second year in a degree and have a loving girlfriend and an aspiring brother who wants to become an electrical engineer. He has two more years of schooling left.

For OP, enjoy your life as much as you can. Every day is a bonus so don't waste it. To love and to forgive are the two most important things everyone must have in order to have a fulfilling life.

Peace be with you always.
Oxb
Profile Joined August 2010
199 Posts
February 17 2011 15:22 GMT
#298
I'm quite impressed by your list of achievements, sad to hear you didn't make it into any major (at least so it seems) violin stuff, I really respect people who can play that instrument, so heads up to you.
Though i'm very proud of my accomplishment, one we both achieved, not failing a class (not when I turned 18 and i'm still 'my winning streak' 22 years old by now.

The day of my 18th b-day was a bit dull, had to study for exams comming up but the weekend after my family visited during the day and at night a held a party for me and my friends, great succes, never saw so many wasted people together in a house :-D.
thesideshow
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
930 Posts
February 17 2011 15:24 GMT
#299
I was in bed with a high fever D:
OGS:levelchange
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
February 17 2011 15:29 GMT
#300
I read TL -> went out for dinner -> smashed with some friends.

There wasn't really any accomplishments that I was overly proud of, and there wasn't anything that kept me from feeling accomplished, which I'm fine with. I don't regret any of it; I'm satisfied with the path I chose
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft458
CranKy Ducklings48
EnkiAlexander 0
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft458
CosmosSc2 63
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2168
Artosis 617
910 38
Dota 2
monkeys_forever656
Counter-Strike
taco 202
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox685
Other Games
summit1g8671
JimRising 607
C9.Mang0338
Maynarde156
ViBE139
Livibee61
ArmadaUGS48
Day[9].tv35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1045
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream140
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv35
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
9h 33m
Stellar Fest
11h 33m
The PondCast
1d 8h
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
OSC
1d 22h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.