• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:21
CEST 05:21
KST 12:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7083 users

When I turned 18, I..... - Page 6

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 18 Next All
On February 17 2011 10:02 Live2Win wrote:
Okay guys, chill out.

This is my brother here who'm I am proud of for who he is and for his decisions in life (so far).

He posted this thread with the intentions knowing what you guys did when you turned 18, not to ask your opinions on his religious choices or other stuff.

I ask you guys as an old TL member who use to contribute enormously to this site,
stay respectful and do not derail the topic.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
February 16 2011 23:52 GMT
#101
Casino
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
chenchen
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1136 Posts
February 16 2011 23:53 GMT
#102
My 18th birthday coincides with this year's Blizzcon.
powerade = dragoon blood
Deleted User 135096
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
3624 Posts
February 16 2011 23:55 GMT
#103
By the time I was 16, I had done all of those things you're "not supposed to/can't do until later", so 18 wasn't really much of a milestone other than finally being a legal adult. I did however get to vote in the election that year... not that it helped.
Administrator
The_LiNk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada863 Posts
February 16 2011 23:58 GMT
#104
On February 17 2011 07:31 MMello wrote:
I went to the LCBO trying to get carded but it never happened.


Don't you need to be 19 to legally buy alcohol in Ontario?
Gnosis
Profile Joined December 2008
Scotland912 Posts
February 17 2011 00:00 GMT
#105
On February 17 2011 08:58 The_LiNk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2011 07:31 MMello wrote:
I went to the LCBO trying to get carded but it never happened.


Don't you need to be 19 to legally buy alcohol in Ontario?


In Ontario, yes.
"Reason is flawless, de jure, but reasoners are not, de facto." – Peter Kreeft
Phanekim
Profile Joined April 2003
United States777 Posts
February 17 2011 00:01 GMT
#106
its all downhill from here buddy lol.
i like cheese
DragonDefonce
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States790 Posts
February 17 2011 00:01 GMT
#107
I was in Korea visiting family. Had dinner with bunch of my relatives. Done.

Yeah, kinda sad I know. But it's overrated though I think. You get all the responsibilities of an adult without any of the good parts. For example, now you gotta be careful about that girl you see at a party, and if you fuck up, its all on you, blah blah blah. And you still are (well at least for most people anyways) dependent on your parents, so when you try to say "I'm 18 so I'll do whatever I want", they will just say "you are 18 so pay for your own shit" and that's that. Personally, I'm looking forward to my first paycheck from a real job after I graduate. That's when I plan to do all the partying I didn't do on my 18th.
HaRuHi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
1220 Posts
February 17 2011 00:02 GMT
#108
Pretty simple and straightforward. TL, what did you do when your turned 18?

I turned 18 today, and I got to say it's pretty awesome.
My mentality is constantly set at "wow, I'm legally an adult now."



well, my first thought was, shit I don't wanna get any older, but I think this since I am fourteen.

My accopmlishments :
Show nested quote +
I was able to keep my virginity till now. (big thing for me, I'm a HUGE believer in abstinence)


Call me a douche, but that only counts as an accomplishment if you are a girl xD.

Show nested quote +
I am still COMPLETELY clean. No criminal records, no critical events logged on to my permenant record.


WTF, u only got one life, live it.

Show nested quote +
I never once got held back or failed a class.


proud little slave, u r rly good at nodding, arn't u? How can people be proud of that, unless you got a learning disabbility, in which case I congratulate you on accomplishing this big challange...I personally set a new record at my school for skipping class while still getting the best degree possible

Show nested quote +
I have played the violin for 11 years now


Was that on your own choice? If so, thats great! If not -> insert hateful comment here, incited by envying u of u parents which actually care 4 u :O.

Show nested quote +
I get to share my 18th birthday with TL


Sorry for all the flame, I just want you to realize that one of the TL-members (me) thinks u might wanna try a diffrent approach to life before waisting the nxt 18 years aswell.

Show nested quote +
I got a job


Man, u must have a real twisted fucked up mind - how come you don't try to avoid work like every human beeing would?



Show nested quote +
My unaccomplishements (is that a word?)
I don't know, english is not my mothertongue as you may have realized by now.

Show nested quote +
I was not able to get accepted in to the University of Florida :/.........

that sucks : /
Show nested quote +
I did not make 1st violin in the Youth Philharmonic at the orchestra organization I attend
I didn't make it in to High School All-State (another violin thing)

Pfff, what evs man. Give lessons to rich little pricks if u wanna make money of of it. OR start playing whatever you want, whenever you want for whomever you want. Be FREE, spread ur wings and thank god you weren't traped as one of those monkeys clapping there hands when the conductor pulls the baton out of his ass.
Show nested quote +
Couldn't maintain a 4.0 average throughout high school :[

I have no clue how your grade system works, but you wouldn't have past highschool here if you were unable to maintain 4.0 minimun.


TL, what did you do/want to do? What were your accomplishments/unaccomplishments?[/quote]

Accomplishments:
Fucked 2 girls at the same time.
Kissed a boy, liked it.
Got arrested for attacking a police officer.
Experimented with a lot of drugs.
Found Friends for live...sofar at least.
Did a 540 down a trippleset (aggrasive inline skates).
Did a Kickflip before my 18th (started Skateboarding at the age of 17).
Won a fight.
Shaved my hair to a double mohawk (good old prework times).
Broke some bones, got some scars.
Fell in love, countlesstimes.

unaccomplishments:
Never talked to Anna.
Broke up with Lina for no good reason.
Never managed to fuck my english teacher
... or biology teacher either.
Didn't manage to drop out of school.
Didn't had the balls to tell my parents I don't wanna live their shitty live style (accomplished meanwhile).
Did not found my way in life (still working on it).
To move out of my parents house, i really wished to do that before I turned 18, those extra month really did theire damage.

What I did:
Made my friends rather congratulate me on my 14th birthday or express theire condolence for me turning 18. Stayed at the park all night, got drunk, made out, smoked some wheat and skated.

PS: broke my ankle, but felt the pain way way later. Don't drink, do drugs and drive...espacially skateboard.
Essentia
Profile Joined July 2010
1150 Posts
February 17 2011 00:03 GMT
#109
On February 17 2011 07:29 Souljah wrote:
stripclub. get going.

Ulfsark
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States958 Posts
February 17 2011 00:04 GMT
#110
I went to a misfits show on my birthday, and bought a pack of smokes for my buddy (I don't smoke)
gg wp
Mr.Pyro
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Denmark959 Posts
February 17 2011 00:05 GMT
#111
I logged on to iCCup
P⊧[1]<a>[2]<a>[3]<a>tt | P ≝ 1.a.2.a.3.a.P
Rising_Phoenix
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States370 Posts
February 17 2011 00:07 GMT
#112
don't remember.

I spent my 21st birthday in Italy and it meant I didn't do anything for that either.

Now I just play music.
Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes
Detri
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom683 Posts
February 17 2011 00:08 GMT
#113
I drank so much i had to be carried out of the club, absinthe/malibu/sambuka/lime isnt a good drink to top off a days drinking. ( not my first drink ofc, i'm Irish we drink from 12 years old ;P )

But yeah it was a messy one...

The poor are thieves, beggars and whores, the rich are politicians, solicitors and courtesans...
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
February 17 2011 00:10 GMT
#114
I never thought of turning 18 as a big birthday. Mine was around highschool grad so it was actually pretty sweet since there were a few really awesome parties that week. Lots of pot, alcohol, and cocaine from what I remember.
Fallen33
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States596 Posts
February 17 2011 00:12 GMT
#115
i instantly went to a casino and raked in a G... it was awesome.
"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Alexson
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belarus293 Posts
February 17 2011 00:13 GMT
#116
On February 17 2011 07:38 Kenderson wrote:
LOL @ "I was able to keep my virginity till now. (big thing for me, I'm a HUGE believer in abstinence)"

I know lol. Why the fuck would you believe in abstinence.
Liberal who supports gun use and supports an eye for an eye
N3rV[Green]
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1935 Posts
February 17 2011 00:14 GMT
#117
smoked way to much weed, went on a birthday hike, fucked around pretty much all day. Was glorious.

But seriously, for your health, go get laid bro!

Sex is fucking amazing, and baby's only happen when rubbers are not used.
Never fear the darkness, Bran. The strongest trees are rooted in the dark places of the earth. Darkness will be your cloak, your shield, your mother's milk. Darkness will make you strong.
Espelz
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany833 Posts
February 17 2011 00:17 GMT
#118
On February 17 2011 07:28 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
Went into a store to buy cigarettes hoping to be carded, I wasn't.



Just wanted to highlight this and say : even though smoking was legal after you turned 16 back in the days ( im old now ) , they continued to check me buying alcohol/tobacco till ... dunno.. i was 25 ? . On a positive note, although you don´t want to look much younger than you are when you are 20, beeing 30 and people thinking I´m 24 starts to make me feel quite good about it

On topic : As i got 18, i finished my drivers licence, which i started a few months earlier ... and with a few people able to drive, we could start to go out more on the weekends, because we had to go a few miles to find something worth visiting (well.. "worth visiting" in that context means "cheap, filthy indie/metal clubs where you could get incredibly drunk for very few bucks :D )

Other than that there was mostly school/friends/broodwar/table tennis for me, not that many great goals for me back then (even in school, aiming for good mediocrity with minimal effort)
"Its not over till Fantasy gg´s" - Sayle
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
February 17 2011 00:19 GMT
#119
On my 18th Birthday I went out to buy some cigarettes, and no I don't and never smoked, I did it because I could
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
CCGaunt
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States417 Posts
February 17 2011 00:19 GMT
#120
cigs.
Done.

Shitty birthday.
go go modern era!
Take me to Korea
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft387
RuFF_SC2 150
Nina 112
-ZergGirl 74
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2221
Bale 22
yabsab 21
Terrorterran 10
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1206
taco 332
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox673
Other Games
summit1g7851
JimRising 683
Day[9].tv529
C9.Mang0335
WinterStarcraft288
ViBE161
Maynarde143
Livibee135
Sick127
ArmadaUGS34
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick956
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream155
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 14
• OhrlRock 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv529
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
7h 39m
Stellar Fest
9h 39m
The PondCast
1d 6h
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
OSC
1d 20h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.