• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:46
CEST 06:46
KST 13:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8158 users

When I turned 18, I..... - Page 8

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 18 Next All
On February 17 2011 10:02 Live2Win wrote:
Okay guys, chill out.

This is my brother here who'm I am proud of for who he is and for his decisions in life (so far).

He posted this thread with the intentions knowing what you guys did when you turned 18, not to ask your opinions on his religious choices or other stuff.

I ask you guys as an old TL member who use to contribute enormously to this site,
stay respectful and do not derail the topic.
Tony Campolo
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
New Zealand364 Posts
February 17 2011 00:50 GMT
#141
On February 17 2011 09:13 Alexson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2011 07:38 Kenderson wrote:
LOL @ "I was able to keep my virginity till now. (big thing for me, I'm a HUGE believer in abstinence)"

I know lol. Why the fuck would you believe in abstinence.


Probably 'cos his parents are religious cunts that have deluded him into believing that it's a good thing.

User was temp banned for this post.
While you were sleeping last night, 30,000 kids died of starvation or diseases related to malnutrition.
Ancient.eu
Profile Joined July 2010
Romania621 Posts
February 17 2011 00:52 GMT
#142
When I turned 18 I was thinking about killing myself. Still thinking about it from time to time.
MrMotionPicture
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4327 Posts
February 17 2011 00:53 GMT
#143
Bought a lottery ticket.
They did not even card me :|
"Elvis Presley" | Ret was looking at my post in the GSL video by Artosis. | MMA told me I look like Juanfran while we shared an elevator with Scarlett
The KY
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom6252 Posts
February 17 2011 00:53 GMT
#144
On February 17 2011 09:47 Chriamon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2011 07:26 Seeker wrote:
I was able to keep my virginity till now. (big thing for me, I'm a HUGE believer in abstinence)

I have played the violin for 11 years now


I just wanted to point out that those 2 things are probably related. Also, keep telling yourself that that first one is by choice...


Nah you don't understand dude, it was really hard for him turning down the dozens of girls willing to do anything to sleep with him. x)

Unless OP is a chick, in which case congrats.
BitterStriFe
Profile Joined June 2010
United States89 Posts
February 17 2011 00:53 GMT
#145
When I turned 18 I- oh wait...

I'm 14. *sigh*
AttackZerg
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States7637 Posts
February 17 2011 00:54 GMT
#146
On February 17 2011 09:35 Gatsbi wrote:
I'm sorry you are a religious sheep. It's not your fault though, brainwashed by your parents since you were 1 year old I'm sure. My only advice is get out there and start being skeptical of all the crap you were taught. And stop going to 'bible study'. Seriously, don't lose the best years of your life to religion.


Lets see....

He for sure doesn't have an STD because of his beliefs.
He doesn't commit any crimes.
He isn't a drug addict.


Gee Yeah this kid isn't out fucking up like the rest of us. Damn him and his morals to hell.

It is his birthday thread why bash him? That isn't cool.
kingcoyote
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States546 Posts
February 17 2011 00:55 GMT
#147
On February 17 2011 07:28 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
Went into a store to buy cigarettes hoping to be carded, I wasn't.


Exactly the same for me. It's surprisingly disappointing. I don't remember what I did the rest of the day.
Usurper
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Macedonia283 Posts
February 17 2011 00:57 GMT
#148
On February 17 2011 07:26 Seeker wrote:
Pretty simple and straightforward. TL, what did you do when your turned 18?

I turned 18 today, and I got to say it's pretty awesome.
My mentality is constantly set at "wow, I'm legally an adult now."

Granted the real prize is when you turn 21, but atleast I can now do w/e I want without needing parental consent.

So, 2 things regarding this thread. What did you do when you turned 18? And were there things you wanted accomplished by the time you turned 18 TL?

My accopmlishments :
I was able to keep my virginity till now. (big thing for me, I'm a HUGE believer in abstinence)
I am still COMPLETELY clean. No criminal records, no critical events logged on to my permenant record.
I never once got held back or failed a class.
I have played the violin for 11 years now
I get to share my 18th birthday with TL
I got a job

What I did:
I will be holding a dinner party at a Grand China Buffet with my closest friends (looking forward to that). Then, heading to bible study with my other friends. Then heading home for possibly ice cream cake (THE BEST SHIT EVER), and then get ready to say farewell to Feb 16, 2011.


Bible Study/Believer in Abstinence... i would suggest a psychiatrist... And NO, to you average teamliquider, I am NOT being bad mannered. Existence of religion and people not being allowed to ridicule it's sanctimonious morality and absurdness IS bad mannered.


User was banned for this post.
I love humanity. It is people that i can't stand.
Brinny-Chan
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom14 Posts
February 17 2011 00:58 GMT
#149
I went to the local pub and attempted to get wasted.
In then end i failed :/
Surprisingly high alcohol tolerance (i can even out drink my dad, which worries him slightly >>)

/first post woooo/
My Life for Aiur!
applejuice
Profile Joined October 2010
307 Posts
February 17 2011 00:58 GMT
#150
The OP almost makes me think his post is some sort of elaborate troll that is just subtle enough to last a long time...

User was warned for this post
Curu
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2817 Posts
February 17 2011 00:58 GMT
#151
Huh. First time I heard of virginity being a proud achievement for a guy.
wat
Leeto
Profile Joined August 2007
United States1320 Posts
February 17 2011 01:01 GMT
#152
I haven't done anything since turning 18 that I haven't done before.
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-17 01:02:48
February 17 2011 01:01 GMT
#153
On February 17 2011 09:57 Usurper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2011 07:26 Seeker wrote:
Pretty simple and straightforward. TL, what did you do when your turned 18?

I turned 18 today, and I got to say it's pretty awesome.
My mentality is constantly set at "wow, I'm legally an adult now."

Granted the real prize is when you turn 21, but atleast I can now do w/e I want without needing parental consent.

So, 2 things regarding this thread. What did you do when you turned 18? And were there things you wanted accomplished by the time you turned 18 TL?

My accopmlishments :
I was able to keep my virginity till now. (big thing for me, I'm a HUGE believer in abstinence)
I am still COMPLETELY clean. No criminal records, no critical events logged on to my permenant record.
I never once got held back or failed a class.
I have played the violin for 11 years now
I get to share my 18th birthday with TL
I got a job

What I did:
I will be holding a dinner party at a Grand China Buffet with my closest friends (looking forward to that). Then, heading to bible study with my other friends. Then heading home for possibly ice cream cake (THE BEST SHIT EVER), and then get ready to say farewell to Feb 16, 2011.


Bible Study/Believer in Abstinence... i would suggest a psychiatrist... And NO, to you average teamliquider, I am NOT being bad mannered. Existence of religion and people not being allowed to ridicule it's sanctimonious morality and absurdness IS bad mannered.


how is suggesting someone to see a psychiatrist for his beliefs not being bad mannered

enlighten me

I'm not saying you can't disagree with the guy, but telling him he has a mental issue and need to see a psychiatrist is one thing....
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
AttackZerg
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States7637 Posts
February 17 2011 01:01 GMT
#154
On February 17 2011 09:57 Usurper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2011 07:26 Seeker wrote:
Pretty simple and straightforward. TL, what did you do when your turned 18?

I turned 18 today, and I got to say it's pretty awesome.
My mentality is constantly set at "wow, I'm legally an adult now."

Granted the real prize is when you turn 21, but atleast I can now do w/e I want without needing parental consent.

So, 2 things regarding this thread. What did you do when you turned 18? And were there things you wanted accomplished by the time you turned 18 TL?

My accopmlishments :
I was able to keep my virginity till now. (big thing for me, I'm a HUGE believer in abstinence)
I am still COMPLETELY clean. No criminal records, no critical events logged on to my permenant record.
I never once got held back or failed a class.
I have played the violin for 11 years now
I get to share my 18th birthday with TL
I got a job

What I did:
I will be holding a dinner party at a Grand China Buffet with my closest friends (looking forward to that). Then, heading to bible study with my other friends. Then heading home for possibly ice cream cake (THE BEST SHIT EVER), and then get ready to say farewell to Feb 16, 2011.


Bible Study/Believer in Abstinence... i would suggest a psychiatrist... And NO, to you average teamliquider, I am NOT being bad mannered. Existence of religion and people not being allowed to ridicule it's sanctimonious morality and absurdness IS bad mannered.


Bullshit.

Btw if your trying to sound intelligent use the proper form of its.


DragonDefonce
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States790 Posts
February 17 2011 01:02 GMT
#155
On February 17 2011 09:54 AttackZerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2011 09:35 Gatsbi wrote:
I'm sorry you are a religious sheep. It's not your fault though, brainwashed by your parents since you were 1 year old I'm sure. My only advice is get out there and start being skeptical of all the crap you were taught. And stop going to 'bible study'. Seriously, don't lose the best years of your life to religion.


Lets see....

He for sure doesn't have an STD because of his beliefs.
He doesn't commit any crimes.
He isn't a drug addict.


Gee Yeah this kid isn't out fucking up like the rest of us. Damn him and his morals to hell.

It is his birthday thread why bash him? That isn't cool.


QFT. I am as antireligious as they come, but this ain't the place nor the time to bash anyone's religion, no matter how ridiculous it might sound to you.

But honestly though, anything with the word "study" doesn't sound like something you should do on your b day man, skip it for this week and go out IMO .
Live2Win *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6657 Posts
February 17 2011 01:02 GMT
#156
Okay guys, chill out.

This is my brother here who'm I am proud of for who he is and for his decisions in life (so far).

He posted this thread with the intentions knowing what you guys did when you turned 18, not to ask your opinions on his religious choices or other stuff.

I ask you guys as an old TL member who use to contribute enormously to this site,
stay respectful and do not derail the topic.
SAY YES TO STIM KIDS!!! XD
GrazerRinge
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
999 Posts
February 17 2011 01:03 GMT
#157
when i turned to 18, my first thought was: i am old.

:/

i miss my childhood althought that was quite empty one because my parents fought a lot...

in general at my birthsday i feel depressed...not a good thing.
"Successful people don't talk much. They listen and take action."
Gleve
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States206 Posts
February 17 2011 01:03 GMT
#158
When I was 18, My friends threw a 'surprise' birthday party but I accidentally found out and ruined it
But it was a pretty good party none the less
♞
Mentalizor
Profile Joined January 2011
Denmark1596 Posts
February 17 2011 01:04 GMT
#159
The day I turned 18 was a schoolday. So went to school, had an extra good lunch with the buddies. And just had family and GF with me in the evening nothing fancy on the day itself.
A few days later we had a huuuuuge party for tons of ppl :D

The first 18-ish thing I did was to get a drivers license (yeah, you need to be 18 in Denmark to drive) and then to vote I guess.

Btw... Not a fan of abstinence, but since you're a true believer I find it great Keep up your good spirit!
(yಠ,ಠ)y - Y U NO ALL IN? - rtsAlaran: " I somehow sit inside the bus.Hot_Bit giving me a massage"
Liquoid
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom275 Posts
February 17 2011 01:06 GMT
#160
On February 17 2011 07:26 Seeker wrote:

I have played the violin for 11 years now

Sad.

User was temp banned for this post.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft394
RuFF_SC2 196
Nina 98
-ZergGirl 77
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2093
sorry 36
Bale 22
910 16
yabsab 13
Icarus 7
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1196
taco 209
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox768
Other Games
summit1g8015
JimRising 767
Day[9].tv487
WinterStarcraft333
C9.Mang0234
Livibee148
Sick140
Maynarde127
ViBE83
ArmadaUGS40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick847
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream183
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2117
League of Legends
• Stunt389
Other Games
• Day9tv487
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 14m
Stellar Fest
8h 14m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.