• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:54
CEST 11:54
KST 18:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)36Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7616 users

When I turned 18, I..... - Page 10

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 18 Next All
On February 17 2011 10:02 Live2Win wrote:
Okay guys, chill out.

This is my brother here who'm I am proud of for who he is and for his decisions in life (so far).

He posted this thread with the intentions knowing what you guys did when you turned 18, not to ask your opinions on his religious choices or other stuff.

I ask you guys as an old TL member who use to contribute enormously to this site,
stay respectful and do not derail the topic.
shinosai
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1577 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-17 02:01:11
February 17 2011 01:42 GMT
#181
Edit. Deleting this post, so as not to "derail."
Be versatile, know when to retreat, and carry a big gun.
samuraibael
Profile Joined February 2008
Australia294 Posts
February 17 2011 01:42 GMT
#182
I had some of the same opinions when I was his age. What a fool I was. Where was the internet to wake me up then?
Pandering to this is doing him a disservice.

Theres nothing wrong with violin though...
Live2Win *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6657 Posts
February 17 2011 01:45 GMT
#183
Does no one read the MOD EDIT part of the OP?

Please do not derail.
SAY YES TO STIM KIDS!!! XD
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-17 05:26:20
February 17 2011 05:25 GMT
#184
I guess 18th birthday is like.... getting to lair tech (I am a terran player so I don't like this analogy) u get to unlokc new things that you can do, new experiences etc.
18th birthday
I bought a lottery ticket, no win but it's about able to buy it, I don't think I ever bought another one
I bought a pack of cigarettes, which, I don't smoke given to my step(older) brother, as a gift for looking out for me.
Well that's what I think when you hit Age tiers, it's like getting thru the tiers of the tech tree unlocking new upgrades and researches. etc.
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
jcroisdale
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1543 Posts
February 17 2011 05:27 GMT
#185
watch harold and kumar go to white castle skipped school then partied, i have a feeling your life is pretty dull.
"I think bringing a toddler to a movie theater is a terrible idea. They are too young to understand what is happening it would be like giving your toddler acid. Bad idea." - Sinensis
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
February 17 2011 05:29 GMT
#186
I did absolutely nothing memorable at all. Same as my 21st. And most every birthday since I have been a teenager.
shindigs
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4795 Posts
February 17 2011 05:34 GMT
#187
Came back to the thread to see it derailed by the most insane shit ever wtf =( Kind of feel bad for OP, I know a lot of kids like him and they're great and keep out of trouble, work hard, and are great people. The world needs more like OP IMO. That's your bday present from me lol.

Honestly a dinner party with pals and cake is the best way to have a good time. Also BGH BW style. BGH never fails to entertain.
Photographer@shindags || twitch.tv/shindigs
SlapMySalami
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1060 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-17 05:35:26
February 17 2011 05:34 GMT
#188
i think i bought some lottery tickets and cigarettes. i dont smoke so i gave the cigarettes away and i didnt win nothin on the lottery


On February 17 2011 14:27 jcroisdale wrote:
watch harold and kumar go to white castle skipped school then partied, i have a feeling your life is pretty dull.



when i glanced over it i read skipped as whipped and thought it had a Whip my hair back and forth line in it

needless to say i was disappointed =(
marineking will u huk my bigtt1 ilu
hoppipolla
Profile Joined January 2010
Australia782 Posts
February 17 2011 05:35 GMT
#189
Got my drivers license and bought the strongest alcohol I could find to show off my card.
"It's not acceptable"
Touch
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada475 Posts
February 17 2011 05:35 GMT
#190
Involved vodka. Don't remember much after.
Sieg
gurrpp
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States437 Posts
February 17 2011 05:36 GMT
#191
I took 3 exams on my 18th birthday and went to sleep.
hot fuh days
Moonstruck
Profile Joined February 2011
20 Posts
February 17 2011 05:36 GMT
#192
i killed Lady Vashj
get fuuuuucked
bubO
Profile Joined August 2010
United States367 Posts
February 17 2011 05:37 GMT
#193
When i turn 18.....oh my jesus

starcraft party woot!
Protoss...
The_Piper42
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States426 Posts
February 17 2011 05:38 GMT
#194
Went to a concert. Didn't really feel any different.
Boxer, White-Ra, Grubby, Flash fighting!
Dhalphir
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia1305 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-17 05:41:43
February 17 2011 05:38 GMT
#195
***EDIT
I really would rather not get banned for my opinion on a stupid belief so I removed this rant.
***EDIT

As for what i did when I turned 18...

I don't really remember what i did.

Not that I was blind drunk, but it just wasn't that significant really. Same with my 21st.

I guess the first time I bought alcohol was pretty cool.



Supporting TypeII Gaming - www.typeii.net - TypeReaL, TypePhoeNix, TypeSuN, TypeDBS!!
eNtitY~
Profile Joined January 2007
United States1293 Posts
February 17 2011 05:45 GMT
#196
When I turned 18 I took my friends across the country on an all expense paid trip to Fresco, CO in the mountains. :D
http://www.starcraftdream.com
meegrean
Profile Joined May 2008
Thailand7699 Posts
February 17 2011 05:48 GMT
#197
Abstinence is good. You don't actually have to be abstinent for religious reasons or through involuntary celibacy. Just save yourself for a girl that you really like. Don't sleep with a girl just because you can.

Personally, turning 18 wasn't a big deal for me at all. I don't even remember what I did.
Brood War loyalist
KillemallCFH
Profile Joined December 2010
United States45 Posts
February 17 2011 06:11 GMT
#198
jerked off...a lot.
"A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer." - Mitch Hedburg || "oh my god feel bad but now drink melon juice haha" - NaDa
Dhalphir
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia1305 Posts
February 17 2011 06:15 GMT
#199
On February 17 2011 15:11 KillemallCFH wrote:
jerked off...a lot.


did you save yourself until 18 or something
Supporting TypeII Gaming - www.typeii.net - TypeReaL, TypePhoeNix, TypeSuN, TypeDBS!!
RyanRushia
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2748 Posts
February 17 2011 06:16 GMT
#200
@ OP: great of you for sticking to your beliefs when as in US general society it's not commonplace for most adolescents... for me personally on my 18th it was just any other birthday. think i bought a cigar and some scratch tickets and thats about it!
I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. | coL.Ryan | www.twitter.com/coL_RyanR
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech128
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1571
Bisu 742
BeSt 365
Horang2 276
Hyuk 271
actioN 203
Leta 149
Zeus 147
EffOrt 126
Jaedong 118
[ Show more ]
Light 110
ZerO 72
Soma 72
Shinee 48
Mind 41
Mong 40
Killer 37
soO 29
Aegong 29
ToSsGirL 27
PianO 21
Bale 21
sorry 17
Terrorterran 14
hero 14
Sharp 14
Pusan 11
HiyA 9
JulyZerg 8
Noble 7
Rush 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe168
League of Legends
JimRising 367
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1012
shoxiejesuss960
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King176
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1745
Other Games
gofns33472
summit1g8251
singsing1531
ceh9621
crisheroes309
XBOCT257
DeMusliM157
Livibee95
ArmadaUGS90
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick526
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream227
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH260
• LUISG 14
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2273
League of Legends
• Jankos2053
• Rush1278
• Stunt423
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6m
OSC
3h 6m
Stellar Fest
3h 6m
OSC
14h 6m
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.