• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:47
CEST 06:47
KST 13:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7810 users

When I turned 18, I..... - Page 12

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 18 Next All
On February 17 2011 10:02 Live2Win wrote:
Okay guys, chill out.

This is my brother here who'm I am proud of for who he is and for his decisions in life (so far).

He posted this thread with the intentions knowing what you guys did when you turned 18, not to ask your opinions on his religious choices or other stuff.

I ask you guys as an old TL member who use to contribute enormously to this site,
stay respectful and do not derail the topic.
XenOsky
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Chile2358 Posts
February 17 2011 07:45 GMT
#221
when i turned 18 i went to class, my ex gf gave me some gifts and then came back home and laddered on iccup...
ἡ τῆς Νεμέσεως τάξις
Deadlyfish
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark1980 Posts
February 17 2011 07:56 GMT
#222
I did nothing. Nothing really changed. Kept playing games, going to school, thats it.
If wishes were horses we'd be eating steak right now.
BaltA
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Norway849 Posts
February 17 2011 07:58 GMT
#223
I got drunk
cheeseyesplz
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom82 Posts
February 17 2011 08:05 GMT
#224
spent my £200 birthday money which was meant for driving lessons on a £170 lifeguard course (to try and make more money as £200 wasn't enough) and after applying for EVERYWHERE didn't get a job out of it...i have 1 now but not related to lifeguarding.

runs out in 2 years which is august 2011...the worst 170 i have EVER spent

besides that i can drink etc which is good, still don't class myself as an adult now and i'm 20!
mczbot
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany70 Posts
February 17 2011 08:08 GMT
#225
i invited my 4 closest friends to a dinner in a freaking expensive greek and got horrible drunk after.
DND_Enkil
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden598 Posts
February 17 2011 08:10 GMT
#226
+ Show Spoiler +
My accopmlishments :
I was able to keep my virginity till now. (big thing for me, I'm a HUGE believer in abstinence)
I am still COMPLETELY clean. No criminal records, no critical events logged on to my permenant record.
I never once got held back or failed a class.
I have played the violin for 11 years now
I get to share my 18th birthday with TL
I got a job

My unaccomplishements (is that a word?)
I was not able to get accepted in to the University of Florida :/.........
I did not make 1st violin in the Youth Philharmonic at the orchestra organization I attend
I didn't make it in to High School All-State (another violin thing)
My SAT and ACT scores are atrocious..... (but I'm still working on those, trying to get it up so I can qualify for full scholarships)
Couldn't maintain a 4.0 average throughout high school :[


Sounds like you are very strict in your life, what is your goal what do you do to chill out/relax? I mean nothing wrong with aiming to getting accepted to a Uni but you really need look beyond getting accepted. For example:

"Goal: Graduate from Uni." - Whenever i hear someone say something like this i always think Why? Either the person is more focused on racking up "accomplishments" than actually getting somewhere or he has not thought things through/just following his parents directions.

"Goal: Work as a Construction Engineer since i find it really interesting, will earn me decent pay enabling me to get my own home, support my family and still have money to spare for my interests and a once a year summer vacation. In order to do this i need to graduate from Uni with a masters in construction engineering." - This is the goal of someone with a plan, even if the plan is "become a doctor so i can work 20 hours a week and still earn enough money afford an appartment and WoW subscription."


As for what i did when i turned 18, i went out and got hammered. Not much else really...
"If you write about a sewing needle there is always some one-eyed bastard that gets offended" - Fritiof The Pirate Nilsson
Miest
Profile Joined September 2010
New Zealand21 Posts
February 17 2011 08:20 GMT
#227
The day i turned 18 (2007) Story of the Year played a show in Auckland, i went and got fucked up and hung with Dan Marsala.
I also purchased porn, smokes and beer... Only time i've ever purchased a pack of smokes or a porn mag.
504Gate
Profile Joined January 2010
Bulgaria18 Posts
February 17 2011 08:23 GMT
#228
when i turned 18, i spend 560$ for crazy party :D
Poker School - http://bg.pokerstrategy.com/uUGCBD
SiDX
Profile Joined July 2009
New Zealand1975 Posts
February 17 2011 08:25 GMT
#229
Town: clubbing and drinking
DivinO
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4796 Posts
February 17 2011 08:29 GMT
#230
Sick nasty. When I turned 18 I did my homework and went to class like everything else.
LiquipediaBrain in my filth.
Angryhorse
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden387 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-17 08:32:59
February 17 2011 08:30 GMT
#231
Went out and spent about 200 $ on food and booze, went clubbing and kissed my childhood dreamgirl also, so it was a decent birthday

EDIT: Also bought 2 packs of ciggaretts for a friend and didnt get carded, that was sweeet
Don't cry blood, the world doesn't revolve around you
Ronald_McD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada807 Posts
February 17 2011 08:31 GMT
#232
Waited until I was 19 so I could buy my own booze
FUCKING GAY LAGS
Marl
Profile Joined January 2010
United States694 Posts
February 17 2011 08:34 GMT
#233
Had to go to school, but went to lunch with my 2 best buds and they drove me to an alpaca ranch as an inside joke. After school, there was a senior award ceremony thing but I ditched it and went to a casino with my family to eat dinner and gamble. Ended up turning $20 into $110 by the end of the night. Pretty cool day.

+ Show Spoiler +
have never come out ahead at a casino since
looknohands119
Profile Joined March 2010
United States815 Posts
February 17 2011 08:34 GMT
#234
My 18th was low key... Had dinner with a few friends and then went to a movie. Family went to a blue man group show the next week for it. My 21st was way more exciting. For that birthday I was in Hong Kong. Did some awesome sightseeing that day and then had a drink on the balcony with two good friends at the Peninsula and watched the sun set as a send off since it was the final day of my adventures in Asia.
"The kingdom of the heavens is buried treasure. Would you sell yourself to buy the one you've found?" - Jon Foreman ('Your Love Is Strong' - Spring EP)
ellerina
Profile Joined April 2010
Philippines452 Posts
February 17 2011 08:40 GMT
#235
I had summer classes on my birthday so it was an ordinary school day, but my college friends surprised me with a cake, which I thought was sweet. That weekend (or the next), we went to a beach area for 3 days where we swam and snorkeled until our backs were burnt red and drank copious amounts of alcohol at night.
Still round the corner there may wait , A new road or a secret gate /And though I oft have passed them by, A day will come at last when I /Shall take the hidden paths that run/West of the Moon, East of the Sun
Kyyuna
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1222 Posts
February 17 2011 08:44 GMT
#236
Got high as hell, ate burgers with my bros. drank a couple with my other bros...played some games eat more then sleep.
captainwaffles
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1050 Posts
February 17 2011 08:44 GMT
#237
Bought a scratchoff (won 5$ !). Bought a pack of Black N' Milds. Got really high and went to a stripclub.

Good day.
https://x.com/CaptainWaffless
FarbrorAbavna
Profile Joined July 2009
Sweden4856 Posts
February 17 2011 08:49 GMT
#238
nothing special really. You cant buy alcohol in Sweden untill you're 20(except for in a club, bar etc) and the best clubs(well at the time anyways) were 23 and up so no dice there either. All in all you just get all the bad(responsibility of being charged as an adult not a minor) and none of the good really. My 20th on the other hand...
Do you really want chat rooms?
HeadhunteR
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Argentina1258 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-17 08:54:43
February 17 2011 08:51 GMT
#239
after some time thinking I remember it was a Wednesday or a Thursday most of my friends were still at school im one year older and I wandered around the city after my college classes it was good but pretty uneventful. I really liked going to college back then. I remember getting a bad grade that day and was a bit bummed out by it.
Three years down the line and then you will find out much more about yourself and college life and real life. I was quite happy about entering college now Im a bit tired of it, its my last year and I feel that Im not really learning that much and that when I start to work I will really find out how the workplace really moves itself. My 21 is soon and it wont be super spectacular but ill probably invite some friends Jam with my band all day long (it will be on a Saturday) and ill invite some chicks over and have some great drinks with my buddies remembering old times.
Thankfully I will have a car of my own. That is a birthday/Christmas/graduation/next birthday present from my dad. I feel I will owe him my whole life and that is one of my biggest challenges to become independent in the next 2 years. When you turn 18 in many circumstances you still are a teenager dumb kid who has little direction whit little idea of what is going to happen to hi,.
in The Kong line forever
crc
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia256 Posts
February 17 2011 08:54 GMT
#240
i think turning 18 thing is quite hyped. maturity is a gradual process, not suddenly in 1 day you are "grown up".

so i actually took it as a completely normal day, knew my parents organised a little party just with my extended family, and received some bday wishes from friends at school. it was close to the HSC exams (big important exams to determine what your university is gonna be) so no epic celebrations with friends.

my 21 was more eventful. the awesome people from the uni bible study society threw a surprise and i was like, okay ill take it lol (even though i still really really think birthdays are not a big deal...)
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft403
RuFF_SC2 189
Nina 103
-ZergGirl 77
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2084
sorry 40
Bale 28
910 16
yabsab 15
Icarus 8
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 767
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1184
taco 209
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox768
Other Games
summit1g8015
WinterStarcraft333
C9.Mang0279
Livibee157
Sick144
Maynarde127
ViBE83
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick810
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream183
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2117
League of Legends
• Stunt389
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 13m
Stellar Fest
8h 13m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.