• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:28
CEST 14:28
KST 21:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)41Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10386 users

When I turned 18, I..... - Page 11

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 18 Next All
On February 17 2011 10:02 Live2Win wrote:
Okay guys, chill out.

This is my brother here who'm I am proud of for who he is and for his decisions in life (so far).

He posted this thread with the intentions knowing what you guys did when you turned 18, not to ask your opinions on his religious choices or other stuff.

I ask you guys as an old TL member who use to contribute enormously to this site,
stay respectful and do not derail the topic.
LaSt)ChAnCe
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States2179 Posts
February 17 2011 06:18 GMT
#201
i didn't do anything when i turned 18... i could already buy beer because i looked 27
OptimusYale
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)1005 Posts
February 17 2011 06:20 GMT
#202
18th birthday:

Got drunk, Got laid (lost it at 15 but hey 18 is important), threw up, bought alcohol, (legal age 18 in the UK where im from) and thats about it
gullberg
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Sweden1301 Posts
February 17 2011 06:23 GMT
#203
Got really drunk, won alot of money that day and moved out a week later.
SlapMySalami
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1060 Posts
February 17 2011 06:23 GMT
#204
On February 17 2011 15:15 Dhalphir wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2011 15:11 KillemallCFH wrote:
jerked off...a lot.


did you save yourself until 18 or something



oh man i got a good lol
marineking will u huk my bigtt1 ilu
GypsyBeast
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada630 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-17 06:32:31
February 17 2011 06:27 GMT
#205
Oh man I tried to do everything new that I could within 8 hours I completed:
+ Show Spoiler +
Gambled
Bought liqour
Bootlegged for some buddies
Bought cigars
Bought a lottery ticket
Got drunk at school (my b day was on the last day of school till spring break)
Went and saw a 18+ concert (USS at starlight room, I framed the ticket stump <3)
Went to the strip club
Went to the bar

Almost got it all I needed to do was vote and buy a gun :D I was lucky to live In Alberta when the legal age for fun stuff is 18. Im not a guy to brag but i think mine is hard to top.

BTW I got mad respect for people who wait till marriage jg
Ya? Well ill BM you harder! Another win in 10 seconds flat! -Rainbow Dash playing SC2.
evanthebouncy!
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States12815 Posts
February 17 2011 06:31 GMT
#206
watched porn
Life is run, it is dance, it is fast, passionate and BAM!, you dance and sing and booze while you can for now is the time and time is mine. Smile and laugh when still can for now is the time and soon you die!
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5713 Posts
February 17 2011 06:31 GMT
#207
Went to casino on my 18th B-Day. First $1.00 spent into slot machine I won $60. I then proceeded to spend the next 3hours playing various games throughout the casino never once spending the actual $100 some dollars I actually brought with me to spend that night. Good times.

Also I'm surprised by the amount of religion bashing just because of what he believes in. Also by the lack of warnings given to these clearly intolerant people. People who believe in religion and people who don't can co-exist without one or the other needing to call the other person retarded or crazy or the devil. We all need to be tolerant of other people's beliefs. If someone chooses to believe in a god, no god, or Xemu, let them. It's no skin off your back so lay the fuck off.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
February 17 2011 06:34 GMT
#208
On February 17 2011 10:18 shikheh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2011 10:15 visual77 wrote:
On February 17 2011 10:09 shikheh wrote:
Edit: I went to go buy a cigarette. Supposedly, you cannot buy cigarette or alcohol

until 4 or 6 AM of your birthday..I went around midnight. Came home empty-handed and sad.


I don't think that's true in most (if not all) places.



It was in Orange County and it happened to me twice(both for 18 and 21).

Maybe they just don't like me :[.


Erm, it's not true for Orange County, I live here. It's up to the discretion of the store, it's just a lot will refuse you. I live in Newport Beach where there's a decent number of bars. Only a handful will admit you on your 21st because apparently problems can arise where if you're drunk, it might be hard for the bar to prove you they weren't serving you alcohol prior to midnight, seeing as you most likely were already drunk when you hit the bars in the first place (who the fuck goes to the bars completely sober, especially on their 21st??).
newvsoldschool
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
428 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-17 06:45:58
February 17 2011 06:35 GMT
#209
I graduated high school at 17, so I had a bit of an early start for college. When I turned 18 2 months later, I was busy moving my stuff to the dorm at UCLA and attending orientations.

As for "that 18 /yo moment" that probably sounds more interesting to you, I get laid a lot more often till I turned 19, then I had NONE since college was kicking my ass.

Edit - also, when I turned 18, I began to realize what debt really means. Realizing that 1) you just opened a credit card for the first time, and 2) the debt under your name in exchange for a college degree tingled my nerves at the time.
"I was so surprised when I first played StarCraft 2. I couldn't believe that such an easy game exists... I guess the best way to attract people these days is to make things easy and simple." -Midas, Brood War Progamer
Pyth121
Profile Joined February 2011
United States34 Posts
February 17 2011 06:36 GMT
#210
Went to school and spent the rest of the day working on a paper due the next day for History. I will forever hate WWI history because of that. Oh wait, I did get cupcakes. Silver lining...
Xenocide_Knight
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Korea (South)2625 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-17 06:41:49
February 17 2011 06:38 GMT
#211
Congrats and happy 18th man.
It's weird because I don't remember exactly what I did for my 18th birthday, iirc, it was pretty uneventful. Cake with family, gf made me a cake, etc etc..

On the topic of violin though, my birthday was a week or so before my auditions. So that was pretty exciting?

+ Show Spoiler +

On February 17 2011 09:50 Tony Campolo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2011 09:13 Alexson wrote:
On February 17 2011 07:38 Kenderson wrote:
LOL @ "I was able to keep my virginity till now. (big thing for me, I'm a HUGE believer in abstinence)"

I know lol. Why the fuck would you believe in abstinence.


Probably 'cos his parents are religious cunts that have deluded him into believing that it's a good thing.

User was temp banned for this post.


I just want to quote because I literally JUST came from reading the vegan thread where this guy basically preaches, guilt trips, and tries to talk about being compassionate to everyone/thing. I just found this change of tone really funny..


EDIT: Wait, the OP is Live2Win's brother!? like actual brother?
Shine[Kal] #1 fan
Azzur
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia6267 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-17 06:42:32
February 17 2011 06:42 GMT
#212
Great work for sticking to your beliefs! Don't let trolls in TL (and in RL) weaken your resolve!

Happy 18th!
Deleted User 101379
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
4849 Posts
February 17 2011 06:51 GMT
#213
Hmm... my 18th birthday was quite a while ago. I don't remember feeling much about it, probably because i had only slightly more of a reallife than i have now, though i still had the chance to turn life around at that time.

I don't remember doing anything on that birthday, though probably my brother paid me a visit.

Accomplishes up to that time:
- Never drank alcohol
- Made it through school without ever making homework or learning for tests.
- Beat everyone in SC (pre-BW) in small 4-8 person LANs

But:
- Fail(ed) at life
- Was still a virgin (until a few years later)
- The number of friends could be counted on one finger
nOia.pod
Profile Joined May 2010
Hungary263 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-17 07:07:27
February 17 2011 07:03 GMT
#214
Accomplishes:
- I wasnt a virigin
- Moved out, however my relationship with my parents is like the best on the world
- I've learned how to handle my money
- "Made it through school without ever making homework or learning for tests" < THIS
- Got accepted to college, which I don't give a shit, because I realized it sucks balls
- Learned to be so fucking proud of myself, still have this skill :D

The actual birthday was a drunken haze, with having sex with my gf whole night long. The next day was horrible becuase of hangover.

As for now (gonna be 25 this April), the consequences:
- Broke up with my gf after 5 years, a week ago. Moved together with buddies, fuck yeah "freedom"
- Fell in love with a girl, I was exciting for for 2 years, but the circumstances weren't ideal... and it's still the same, she has a pretty serious boyfriend, but I'm working on this
- I've got a job, actually I'm one of the supervisor of 150 ppl in a multinational telecommunication company
- I'm antisocial as fuck. Can't tolerate dumbass ppl around me.

Bah almost forgot the most important: made some lifetime friendships because of StarCraft / WoW. I think it's a pretty huge deal.

You see? The Drone became an extractor!
InfeSteD
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States4658 Posts
February 17 2011 07:27 GMT
#215
uhmm my 18th birthday I threw a huge fucking party at my parents house in the basement... I didnt care much for turning 18 tho I just wanted to party for my bday.... Drank so much that I blacked out around 11pm... people started getting there at 1 am and I was already passd the fuck out .. woke up the next morning with 5 girls in my bed...

Now, for my 21st that mattered alot to me... I took myself on a cruise to the bahamas.. got hella fuckd up too
w/e
Isomer
Profile Joined November 2010
United States186 Posts
February 17 2011 07:33 GMT
#216
I went polar-bearing with my best friends. One of them actually skinny dipped it. Polar bearing is when you swim in really really cold water. My bday's January 7th and I lived in New England so....yeah. Luckily the pond wasn't frozen :D
There's nothing cooler than being proud of what you love
Liveon
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Netherlands1083 Posts
February 17 2011 07:35 GMT
#217
I remember it as a boring day, just like any other day. Probably played some w3 with my brother.
accomplishments: nothing really, I'm a rather dull person.
Hearthstone manager ECVisualize, Head Admin DSCL
Skrammen
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway195 Posts
February 17 2011 07:38 GMT
#218
I got a VISA-card.

I bought like 6 cans of beer from different stores. And im about 2 months away from being 19, and ive only been carded once...
The muffin mare is seated at the labratory of the utility muffin research kitchen.
Herpadurr
Profile Joined January 2011
Monaco151 Posts
February 17 2011 07:38 GMT
#219
Made my driver's license since that, unlike drinking, wasn't possible before that.
You're stupid. Stop it.
Deadly1
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada16 Posts
February 17 2011 07:42 GMT
#220
went to 7-11 bought a tin, lottery ticket, and a playboy (first and only time I'll ever pay for porn)
then spent rest of the night getting hammered
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech149
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36569
Shuttle 2463
Bisu 1039
Horang2 947
Jaedong 867
Light 441
BeSt 365
firebathero 333
Mini 330
Hyuk 287
[ Show more ]
Stork 272
actioN 266
Soma 237
EffOrt 232
Zeus 202
ggaemo 197
Soulkey 162
Last 145
Snow 122
ZerO 118
Leta 118
Pusan 83
Rush 76
Killer 74
Sea.KH 54
hero 51
Mong 44
Sharp 40
Mind 36
Shinee 30
Shine 27
Aegong 27
Bale 24
ToSsGirL 23
soO 20
Sexy 19
PianO 19
Trap 17
Yoon 16
Free 14
sorry 13
Terrorterran 11
zelot 10
HiyA 10
JulyZerg 9
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3942
qojqva1560
Dendi1010
League of Legends
Reynor92
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1282
x6flipin325
markeloff103
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1929
crisheroes917
Other Games
gofns33183
singsing2163
B2W.Neo699
XBOCT361
DeMusliM188
Livibee180
XaKoH 152
Mlord151
Liquid`LucifroN121
Mew2King87
QueenE65
Chillindude11
Railgan10
ZerO(Twitch)6
ArmadaUGS0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream204
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 61
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2212
• TFBlade605
Other Games
• WagamamaTV197
Upcoming Events
OSC
33m
Stellar Fest
33m
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
OSC
11h 33m
Stellar Fest
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 21h
Online Event
1d 22h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.