• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:25
CEST 13:25
KST 20:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10904 users

Your first Computergame - we asked on the Street - Page 27

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 35 Next All
Mente
Profile Joined December 2009
United States288 Posts
March 04 2011 02:45 GMT
#521
I notice a lot of people are confusing console games with computer games in this thread but:

For me I think it was
Astroid, cosmo, sim city 2000, oregon trail, odell's, logical journey of the zoombini's, midnight rescue, missle command, minesweeper
Then I upgraded when my dad's best friend in college's son introduced me to doom/wc2

Then I got wc1-2, jazz jack rabbit, lego island
Solomon Grundy want pants too!
SoulSever
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada779 Posts
March 04 2011 02:47 GMT
#522
Heroes of Might and Magic 2

best HOMM out of all imo
Violet <3 ~~~Better places than here exist
Eggm
Profile Joined September 2009
United States152 Posts
March 04 2011 02:49 GMT
#523
Maybe you guys can help me remember the name. But it was this like wizard side scroller type game that I played on DOS. I can't really help you with much more of a description than that. I know you o only used the keyboard and you shot stuff.
Kid-Fox
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada400 Posts
March 04 2011 02:53 GMT
#524
first computer game........

I remember playing this one game on a really really really old computer with Atari-like graphics. It was a mac/ibm computer I can't remember well. The mouse had 1 button and the arrow keys were laid out as <- V ^ -> ( like on a DDR screen) and the game was about this farmer, his pig, and an apple? it's been a while.
I never actually got to play SCBW until like 2009 or so
nathangonmad
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom317 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-04 02:54:28
March 04 2011 02:53 GMT
#525
Tomb Raider 2 for the computer atleast it came with our windows 98 computer. But if you say computer game as in consoles aswell it'd be sonic 1
Keep trying Leenock
Swagga
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada49 Posts
March 04 2011 02:58 GMT
#526
CrazyArcade in grade 5 then StarCraft in grade 6
War is when the government tells you who the bad guy is. Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
LuckyFool
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States9015 Posts
March 04 2011 03:02 GMT
#527
First ever game I played was Doom when I was 5. My Dad would hook up two pc's via some oldschool direct serial cable and we'd play cooperative mode like every night.... eventually by age 7 I was making my own levels with some complex level edited and having sleepovers with friends where we'd have marathon doom fests, I can't believe my parents allowed that we were SO young....lmfao.

guess it corrupted me for life. T_T
Mente
Profile Joined December 2009
United States288 Posts
March 04 2011 03:07 GMT
#528
On March 04 2011 11:45 Mente wrote:
I notice a lot of people are confusing console games with computer games in this thread but:

For me I think it was
Astroid, cosmo, sim city 2000, oregon trail, odell's, logical journey of the zoombini's, midnight rescue, missle command, minesweeper
Then I upgraded when my dad's best friend in college's son introduced me to doom/wc2

Then I got wc1-2, jazz jack rabbit, lego island


Oh man I can't forget myst and zork
Solomon Grundy want pants too!
Lightningbullet
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States507 Posts
March 04 2011 03:13 GMT
#529
First game: Solitaire/Pinball and all those Microsoft goodies. First online: Club Penguin.
I think I played a soccer game, can't remember much, except that it was in English and that its graphics were pretty good in for its time. (2002-2003ish) I was only a 4-year old CHinese boy so what do I remember?
BoxeR is AWESOME!!!!//Proud 2nd Member of the BW>SC2 club.
Karliath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2214 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-04 03:18:19
March 04 2011 03:16 GMT
#530
My father's computer came with a few games, including Commander Keen, Joe & Mac, and some Mickey Mouse goes to the Supermarket game. At least, I think they came with the laptop; I can't imagine my dad buying/downloading these games O_O.

In any case, there's also another game that I can't find the name of. Can anyone see if they might know it?

It's a side-scroller in a very metallic setting. You played sort of a robocop character, or it may just have been a robot all together. You could small laser bursts from your gun. As far as I can remember, the only enemies were turrets. I think the turrets had twin barrels. Oh, and you could collect "batteries," which I believe replenished your health.


P.S. If you know the Mickey Mouse Supermarket game...can you tell me the exact name too? Haha.
TzaTzers
Profile Joined April 2009
United States589 Posts
March 04 2011 03:22 GMT
#531
im not too sure if this is the right video but i remember playing the game when i was like 4
"Why did the colossus fall over? because he was imbalanced..."
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
March 04 2011 03:26 GMT
#532
first computer game wow...but I remember clearly that it was gorillas.bas on the old old IBM.

Dam gorillas.bas is old, and I am old..but gorillas or nibbles.bas either one haha.
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
BoxedLunch
Profile Joined January 2011
United States387 Posts
March 04 2011 03:29 GMT
#533
mine was warcraft 1 when i was 6. I've been in love with RTS ever since. if only i had been good at them since then...
In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice, they are not
Millitron
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2611 Posts
March 04 2011 03:30 GMT
#534
my first one was on one of those classic "Thousand and One great games" collections. I don't remember which one of them I played first, or even the title of the collection, but I remember it had no autoplay, meaning you just went to Windows Explorer and searched for the .exe of the game you wanted, and I remember it having a Capture the Flag RTS, a Missile Command knockoff, a third person Firefighting game, and some kind of sidescrolling flying game.
Who called in the fleet?
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
March 04 2011 03:31 GMT
#535
On January 05 2011 10:31 zerglingsfolife wrote:
Holy shit!
My first two games were on huge floppy discs and played on DOS.

First was Gorillas!
[image loading]

Game where you shoot bananas at the other gorilla and adjust velocity/angle. Game was so fucking good.

Second was Nibbles!
[image loading]

Basically a game like snake where you eat shit and try not to hit walls.

Anyone else remember these gems?


Yay someone before me mentioned these already Awesome.
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
GearTusha
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6 Posts
March 04 2011 03:31 GMT
#536
First game was Empire, a turn based Strat game, where you take turns between another person or computer, it randomly generated

Empire was for the Amiga, great game btw.
He who conquers the past rules the future, He who conquers the future rules the past. - C&C Red Alert
Meaon
Profile Joined July 2010
Iceland42 Posts
March 04 2011 03:31 GMT
#537
on the NES super mario bros 1-3+contra+snake rattle n' roll, NES was the first console i had as a kid and those were my favorite games, not sure exactly wich game i played first since i was like 3yrs old when i started playing
Son of Gnome
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States777 Posts
March 04 2011 03:33 GMT
#538
first all time game for me was teenage ninja turtles rise of the foot clan on the fat ass gameboy...
lol good times
Whatever happens, happens
Exhale-
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada103 Posts
March 04 2011 03:34 GMT
#539
On January 06 2011 08:56 Bartuc wrote:
First one I played a lot, I think:

[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]

Probably some other ones I used to play as a kid, but I can't really remember them as much as that one.


Rise of the Triad was awesome.

"You got the Monk Meal!"
gogo Mvp!!
Rain.cz
Profile Joined July 2010
Czech Republic227 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-04 03:44:12
March 04 2011 03:42 GMT
#540
Prehistorik
[image loading]
I'm in Golden league, don't take my opinions seriously
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 518
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs AqueroN
CranKy Ducklings153
CranKy Ducklings SOOP23
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16996
Shuttle 10860
FanTaSy 2244
Hyuk 888
Horang2 592
BeSt 468
Stork 271
Pusan 241
Mini 188
Last 137
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 134
Killer 132
Zeus 122
Mind 97
sorry 64
Hyun 62
ggaemo 60
PianO 46
Snow 45
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 30
Sea.KH 28
Hm[arnc] 27
JYJ 26
Aegong 18
zelot 15
Sacsri 12
Noble 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe373
Counter-Strike
fl0m1884
byalli998
x6flipin236
Other Games
gofns27140
singsing2873
B2W.Neo573
ArmadaUGS81
Mew2King64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick715
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 6
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 35m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 35m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 35m
Replay Cast
11h 35m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 35m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 35m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.