• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:04
CEST 21:04
KST 04:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12033 users

What is TL to you? - Page 7

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Tuke
Profile Joined January 2009
Finland1666 Posts
April 21 2010 11:41 GMT
#121
TL is my internet home and only site that I visit every day
TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #42
DreaM)XeRO
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Korea (South)4667 Posts
April 27 2010 23:36 GMT
#122
legit my every waking fucking moment

cw)minsean(ru
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
April 27 2010 23:48 GMT
#123
TL is:
My source of a spoilerfree way to view VODs of BW games
A place to discuss the latest imbalances and stratagies in SC2, with actual good players, instead of the b-net forums...
The forum I browse non-stop at work, reading blogs/general forum news threads
The place to read up on the latest Idra drama
The source of the amazing subs of Hyung-joon becomes a progamer and Nal'Ra's Oldboy series
Fantasy proleague + liquibet!
A great community where I can talk to others who like starcraft as much as (or more than) me
zergnewb
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States816 Posts
April 27 2010 23:53 GMT
#124
Well I am a bit different on the internet than in real life. I separate what I do on the internet from my real life. To me, TL is like the town in which I live in. The only difference is there is no need for buying stuff and its free, plus the majority of people are much more understanding of my lifestyle.
Welcome to the Durst-Zone
GeMicles
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada307 Posts
April 28 2010 00:00 GMT
#125
sc fun time when im all sc'ed out
i pikachu in the shower
SC2Phoenix
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2814 Posts
April 28 2010 00:01 GMT
#126
TL is the only forum that is actually interesting
Who the fuck has a family of fucking trees? This song is so god damn stupid. Fuck you song, fuck you and your stupid trees. -itmeJP
SC2Phoenix
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2814 Posts
April 28 2010 00:02 GMT
#127
sc fun time when im all sc'ed out

That also
Who the fuck has a family of fucking trees? This song is so god damn stupid. Fuck you song, fuck you and your stupid trees. -itmeJP
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-28 00:04:18
April 28 2010 00:03 GMT
#128
To me, TL is a late night girlfriend and agreed with all other posts.
On April 21 2010 16:51 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
a tree fort

haha
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
Orome
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Switzerland11984 Posts
April 28 2010 00:06 GMT
#129
It's mostly a place where I can discuss Starcraft, although the discussions on international issues can be interesting as well.
On a purely personal note, I'd like to show Yellow the beauty of infinitely repeating Starcraft 2 bunkers. -Boxer
druj
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
137 Posts
April 28 2010 00:14 GMT
#130
Its a cool site with interesting personalities and really good pro scene shit.

However I recommend taking these arguments and serious threads with a straw.

One time I copy-pasted arguments from several veterans out of severe procrastination and really bad drinking, who are highly respected around here, and their arguments got ripped apart and I got a C+ on them. These are university level professors btw.

I even double checked afterwards if I read it wrong, if it were the appropriate topic to write, they were being sarcastic, trolling or whatever.
They consistently defend their views, contradicted them in months' times, and sometimes forgot them. And one thread had the exact title of the topic I was writing on, and the veteran had a direct response to it.

Fuck it.

I'm not even gonna bother to mention who, considering their statuses, they'll probably be defended to death. But I'm never going to take them seriously again nor any topic, and just avoid "serious" blog or general threads altogether.


*Yes, yes I'm an idiot for being naive enough to use a forum for something academic, but considering their confidence on subject matters, long essays, and snide remarks, I couldn't help but try.
Once you play starcraft, everything else in life seems alot easier.
InfeSteD
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States4658 Posts
April 28 2010 00:15 GMT
#131
On April 28 2010 08:53 zergnewb wrote:
Well I am a bit different on the internet than in real life. I separate what I do on the internet from my real life. To me, TL is like the town in which I live in. The only difference is there is no need for buying stuff and its free, plus the majority of people are much more understanding of my lifestyle.


I am trying to understand this post a little more, I think I get it but I aint sure
w/e
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-28 00:19:02
April 28 2010 00:17 GMT
#132
On April 28 2010 09:14 druj wrote:
Its a cool site with interesting personalities and really good pro scene shit.

However I recommend taking these arguments and serious threads with a straw.

One time I copy-pasted arguments from several veterans out of severe procrastination and really bad drinking, who are highly respected around here, and their arguments got ripped apart and I got a C+ on them. These are university level professors btw.

I even double checked afterwards if I read it wrong, if it were the appropriate topic to write, they were being sarcastic, trolling or whatever.
They consistently defend their views, contradicted them in months' times, and sometimes forgot them. And one thread had the exact title of the topic I was writing on, and the veteran had a direct response to it.

Fuck it.

I'm not even gonna bother to mention who, considering their statuses, they'll probably be defended to death. But I'm never going to take them seriously again nor any topic, and just avoid "serious" blog or general threads altogether.


*Yes, yes I'm an idiot for being naive enough to use a forum for something academic, but considering their confidence on subject matters, long essays, and snide remarks, I couldn't help but try.


lol.

I don't even know what to say.

looooooool

edit: was it moltke?

edit: if you really think about it, a C+ is pretty good for a guy who just wrote down his ideas on an internet forum
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24805 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-28 00:19:05
April 28 2010 00:18 GMT
#133
On April 28 2010 09:14 druj wrote:
Its a cool site with interesting personalities and really good pro scene shit.

However I recommend taking these arguments and serious threads with a straw.

One time I copy-pasted arguments from several veterans out of severe procrastination and really bad drinking, who are highly respected around here, and their arguments got ripped apart and I got a C+ on them. These are university level professors btw.

I even double checked afterwards if I read it wrong, if it were the appropriate topic to write, they were being sarcastic, trolling or whatever.
They consistently defend their views, contradicted them in months' times, and sometimes forgot them. And one thread had the exact title of the topic I was writing on, and the veteran had a direct response to it.

Fuck it.

I'm not even gonna bother to mention who, considering their statuses, they'll probably be defended to death. But I'm never going to take them seriously again nor any topic, and just avoid "serious" blog or general threads altogether.


*Yes, yes I'm an idiot for being naive enough to use a forum for something academic, but considering their confidence on subject matters, long essays, and snide remarks, I couldn't help but try.

First of all 'lol' and second of all if they had wrote it for the class instead of for tl they probably would have written it differently and gotten a higher grade.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Enfold
Profile Joined March 2010
United States110 Posts
April 28 2010 00:30 GMT
#134
The place where I spend all of my time browsing instead of other sites
druj
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
137 Posts
April 28 2010 00:30 GMT
#135
I copy-pasted the legitimate ones, edited them into appropriate sentences.

The remarks the professors made was a core point of this particular poster, and the semantic of it, it was literally a handful of words.

Yes I know they're recreational individuals, who just post on the fly, but this is at the very core I'm talking about.

I spent like 5-7 hours researching on the topic too, and their remarks on certain historical individuals were false or biased, even interpretations One of them were particularly hateful enough to call the other an idiot for not agreeing with him, and that guy got banned for throwing a personal insult back.Its just..ech.

Not necessarily, that they're not intelligent, they probably could score higher, but their content, was innaccurate to say the least..on a very consistent basis.

The reason why I even scored that high of a c+ was because I regurgitated basic lecture notes and conversations with them. Everything else, from these posters, fundamentally off.
Once you play starcraft, everything else in life seems alot easier.
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24805 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-28 00:34:15
April 28 2010 00:33 GMT
#136
On April 28 2010 09:30 druj wrote:
I copy-pasted the legitimate ones, edited them into appropriate sentences.

The remarks the professors made was a core point of this particular poster, and the semantic of it, it was literally a handful of words.

Yes I know they're recreational individuals, who just post on the fly, but this is at the very core I'm talking about.

I spent like 5-7 hours researching on the topic too, and their remarks on certain historical individuals were false or biased, even interpretations One of them were particularly hateful enough to call the other an idiot for not agreeing with him, and that guy got banned for throwing a personal insult back.Its just..ech.

Not necessarily, that they're not intelligent, they probably could score higher, but their content, was innaccurate to say the least..on a very consistent basis.

The reason why I even scored that high of a c+ was because I regurgitated basic lecture notes and conversations with them. Everything else, from these posters, fundamentally off.

I call bs... you are probably misrepresenting this and or completely wrong... proof or it didn't happen. And if some veteran poster made some claims in some topic that were not correct enough to constitute the meat of a research paper then... so what?

BTW tell us which school you attend and what your name is so we can report you.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
SilverSkyLark
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Philippines8437 Posts
April 28 2010 00:36 GMT
#137
TL is the best place to discuss StarCraft and is the standard of quality in StarCraft discussions.
"If i lost an arm, I would play w3." -IntoTheWow || "Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk cafe. He's the next Jaedong, baby!"
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-28 00:37:21
April 28 2010 00:36 GMT
#138
dont have to be so obvious about it micro

anyways if you had the skill to make false arguments sound good enough for a C+

why didn't you do the paper yourself? Clearly if you can make a F look like a C+ you can get at least a B
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
Nitrogen
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States5345 Posts
April 28 2010 00:38 GMT
#139
On April 28 2010 09:33 micronesia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2010 09:30 druj wrote:
I copy-pasted the legitimate ones, edited them into appropriate sentences.

The remarks the professors made was a core point of this particular poster, and the semantic of it, it was literally a handful of words.

Yes I know they're recreational individuals, who just post on the fly, but this is at the very core I'm talking about.

I spent like 5-7 hours researching on the topic too, and their remarks on certain historical individuals were false or biased, even interpretations One of them were particularly hateful enough to call the other an idiot for not agreeing with him, and that guy got banned for throwing a personal insult back.Its just..ech.

Not necessarily, that they're not intelligent, they probably could score higher, but their content, was innaccurate to say the least..on a very consistent basis.

The reason why I even scored that high of a c+ was because I regurgitated basic lecture notes and conversations with them. Everything else, from these posters, fundamentally off.

I call bs... you are probably misrepresenting this and or completely wrong... proof or it didn't happen. And if some veteran poster made some claims in some topic that were not correct enough to constitute the meat of a research paper then... so what?

BTW tell us which school you attend and what your name is so we can report you.


yeah im gonna call bs too. how do you spend 5-7 hours researching a topic and not realize that what you are turning in is completely historically inaccurate?
UNFUCK YOURSELF
druj
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
137 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-28 00:39:38
April 28 2010 00:38 GMT
#140
Hm, so now I'm left with a blackmail, a defense, and remark to be snide?

Considering I did something academically immoral,(for which I can get expelled for) I have very little reason to give out this information and considering detailed ip tracking and witchhunting that goes on this forum, especially identity tracking through facebook/e-mail searches and that manifesto7 search thread.

I'd rather risk getting penalized on this forum for speaking my mind.

Don't consider this an insult, its a very lighthearted remark.

I researched after I got the grade as a double check, I felt confident enough of these veterans beforehand.
Once you play starcraft, everything else in life seems alot easier.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1299
TKL 455
IndyStarCraft 285
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1299
ByuN 514
TKL 455
IndyStarCraft 285
Reynor 280
EmSc Tv 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25279
Calm 2505
Shuttle 358
Mini 175
White-Ra 144
firebathero 88
Mong 52
ZZZero.O 40
scan(afreeca) 25
soO 14
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc10639
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps807
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3961
Liquid`Hasu537
MindelVK7
Other Games
summit1g2589
Liquid`RaSZi2291
fl0m1903
FrodaN1391
B2W.Neo823
olofmeister755
Khaldor478
Beastyqt304
Livibee187
crisheroes177
Mew2King71
ToD52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick551
BasetradeTV195
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 16
EmSc2Tv 16
angryscii 11
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 28
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach53
• blackmanpl 30
• Azhi_Dahaki26
• 80smullet 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV567
Other Games
• imaqtpie1157
• Shiphtur668
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 56m
Replay Cast
3h 56m
OSC
16h 56m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.