• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:18
CEST 17:18
KST 00:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7763 users

What is TL to you?

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
April 20 2010 21:40 GMT
#1
Hello TLers, I feel like I want to start a series of question forums with personal opinions of the answer from any and all of ya! So thus, I will officially begin my first question I wish to share, read, and mingle among us:

What is TL to you?

TL for me is a part of entity in my life that's irreplaceable that gives back to the community, contribute to one another and especially to me. It's like a mutual exchange, I put into something and I get something back. It's my friend, my lover, my snack, my food, my passion, my hobby, and most of all, my life. That is what TL is for me.


Now, what is TL to you? What do you think TL is for you? Any answer and input is welcomed as well as constructive feedback to one another! ^_^
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
gumbum8
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States721 Posts
April 20 2010 21:45 GMT
#2
My internet home, full of amazing people who do amazing things. And strangely enough, it may be the one place on the internet where I trust people to be genuine.
but really, has anyone REALLY been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Strainlol
Profile Joined March 2010
United States8 Posts
April 20 2010 21:48 GMT
#3
tl to me is an ultimate source for all my sc2 gaming needs. its also like family cause its nice to know other people out there care about the game as much as me. :D
NrG.Bamboo
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2756 Posts
April 20 2010 21:49 GMT
#4
TL feels like my internet home too lol. It's like the "standard" starting place for my browser, I barely even read much here anymore, post often, or play sc, but it's such a habit that's forced on me, haha. I almost always spend 10~ seconds scrolling through the left hand side to see cool threads pop up, or look in the closed threads section, then go somewhere else.

TL is the standard of my internet!
I need to protect all your life you can enjoy the vibrant life of your battery
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
April 20 2010 21:49 GMT
#5
It's like a giant wall of chocolate obstructing my path to a successful college career.

I've been licking the wall away to try and get by, and I've licked a big enough hole to get by if I wanted to, but it's REALLY FUCKING GOOD CHOCOLATE so instead of continuing along my path I just lick the chocolate.
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-20 21:50:44
April 20 2010 21:50 GMT
#6
TL is my home + Show Spoiler +
page
=]
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44373 Posts
April 20 2010 21:50 GMT
#7
It's where I go.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
TurbulentTurtle
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada230 Posts
April 20 2010 21:51 GMT
#8
Just another forum.
VTArlock
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1763 Posts
April 20 2010 21:53 GMT
#9
Where I spend most of my time on the internet (besides sc2). I love the korean pro scene and everything sc2. Its a place where I can find every sc2 tourney available, get great information on balance, unit control, and spread a bit of mine as well.

Also I love the blog section, some of them are funny some are sad, some are nuts and some just piss you off. Theres something for everyone here on TL. One of my best friends always makes fun of me for how much I use TL, and how I use it for everything.. The other day hes searching something for some game I dont remember which ( I think it was FFXIII) but google directed him here and from then on he started liking TL .

I love TL because it connects me with sc players in a more mature way than you would meet any average gamer, through a ladder game? mk great.. gona stop talkin to u by tomorrow. But with TL, theres a bond that were all a part of something thats bigger than us. Its a community, and thats what I love about it.
Why?
wishbones
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada2600 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-20 22:00:26
April 20 2010 21:54 GMT
#10
edit
On April 21 2010 06:50 Grobyc wrote:
TL is my home + Show Spoiler +
page
=]


THE DAD I NEVER HAD, jk, but um.... It's the place that can keep me up till the crack of dawn+some. Its the place I go when I am tired of gaming vigorously. I come here and I read other thoughts, while inputting my own, although sometimes not completely logical, though thats just anyone the intarweb. Its the place where the poppies also bloom, not just flanders field.

Take me down to the very last homepage where the layout is blue, and no one can nerdrage. Take... me... hoooooome!

It's my online home.
joined TL.net in 2006 (aka GMer) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=41944#2
Sadistx
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Zimbabwe5568 Posts
April 20 2010 21:54 GMT
#11
It's a window through which I watch e-sports.
brotosterone
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States260 Posts
April 20 2010 21:54 GMT
#12
Been lurking forever. It's my #1 place for SC2 content... and that's what I'm all about right now.
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-20 21:56:21
April 20 2010 21:56 GMT
#13
A place where I can get the latest SC2 news (previously just BW) since this is the only SC-related site I visit frequently

edit: TL really does have the best content and coverage, so I have no reason to go anywhere else.
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
Kare
Profile Joined March 2009
Norway786 Posts
April 20 2010 21:56 GMT
#14
People are so good at sharing and discussing at this website, its just awesome.
In life you can obtain all sorts of material wealth, but the real treasure is the epic feelings you get while doing something you love.
hyst.eric.al
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2332 Posts
April 20 2010 21:57 GMT
#15
TL is where I waste many hours, get general and SC news, and fall in love.
Leta , BeSt, Calm fan forever! 김정우, I am sorry I ever lost faith in you.
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
April 20 2010 21:57 GMT
#16
a place where clocks melt
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
April 20 2010 21:58 GMT
#17
TL is a place where:

1. I post random material, some for comedy some for instruction.
2. I receive mixed results over said material.
3. A place where I read said material.


TL is one of the only two high quality forums I have ever been on or heard of, and the only one publicly available.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Ricjames
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Czech Republic1047 Posts
April 20 2010 22:00 GMT
#18
Good place where you find news about esports and general stuff, i never used to surf webs, but TL changed me. I visit everyday just to see what's up even if i have only few minutes
Brood War is the best RTS that has ever been created.
sc4k
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom5454 Posts
April 20 2010 22:02 GMT
#19
It's crazy but because I have dyspraxia it's one of the easiest fora for me to read, because there is the perfect shade of blue that lets words stand out for me! It's a fairly enjoyable forum full of fairly intelligent people with a fairly wide range of interests and some funnies. A bit of everything. Has its retards and nooblets but it's not bad, better than a lot of conversation I get IRL.

And the MMA discussions completely rape Sherdog . And SC is clearly the manliest game ever.
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
April 20 2010 22:04 GMT
#20
A moral compass.
An authority figure.
A tender caregiver.
A teacher.
An entertainer.
A baller.
A shot caller.
An annoying sister.
A douche bag neighbour.
A strange man in a trench coat waiting to show me what he's got on underneath.
A place for the word METAGAME. (ultimate troll word btw. metagame isn't in the dictionary)
Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM329
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 329
Reynor 222
ByuN 153
TKL 120
Railgan 79
Codebar 65
BRAT_OK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 60287
Bisu 2865
FanTaSy 1030
Stork 849
Calm 604
Rush 427
hero 412
firebathero 202
Snow 142
Sharp 91
[ Show more ]
Free 67
Mind 66
Sea.KH 52
Pusan 49
ToSsGirL 38
Trap 38
Sexy 32
Mong 25
Bale 25
Terrorterran 24
Hm[arnc] 22
Aegong 21
Rock 20
HiyA 17
soO 17
Sacsri 10
Shine 10
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8458
Dendi1054
Counter-Strike
fl0m4307
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Other Games
singsing2299
Liquid`RaSZi1404
B2W.Neo734
Beastyqt587
olofmeister482
Mlord457
Khaldor425
KnowMe299
Hui .214
crisheroes174
Chillindude61
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV254
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• HeavenSC 21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony6
• niya90s 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV572
League of Legends
• Nemesis3431
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1750
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 42m
OSC
7h 42m
Replay Cast
7h 42m
OSC
20h 42m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.