• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:22
CEST 17:22
KST 00:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7693 users

What is TL to you? - Page 9

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next All
madnessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1581 Posts
April 29 2010 08:58 GMT
#161
On April 28 2010 10:24 micronesia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2010 10:00 condoriano wrote:
On April 28 2010 09:53 druj wrote:
Putting out my information with my school info, I can't really trust you now can I?

I was hoping it would turn into something humorous, but your real serious about this aren't you?
I mean what matters what I think? I'm completely nameless here, why be insecure about it?
I have no influence to convince anyone, but I find this discussion rather entertaining for reasons of my own.

I don't mean that in a hateful, cynical, or sarcastic way, but I'm just shocked by the way you come up and arms at it.

If you want to continue, PM me, I'd rather not clutter up.

To Ny: I had very little time to finish, please read the whole of my post.


Why don't you provide a link to a discussion that had you fooled? You don't have to name a specific poster. What's going to happen if you do? Nothing.

How can we prove that he's full of crap if he refuses to provide any evidence whatsoever? What's better is that he can hide behind the fact that we don't believe him because we are somehow insecure.

edit: Hot_Bid put it better


I actually really hope he posts the thread he's talking about (if it exists). It would be cool to see who's able to get a C+ in a university (law?) course even though he/she is just posting on TL. A C+ is actually pretty impressive for something written on the fly especially considering this is probably a college grading system. Unless of course druj goes to some shitty school where everybody gets A's and a C+ is a 'fail'.
LxRogue
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States1415 Posts
April 29 2010 09:05 GMT
#162
On April 28 2010 09:14 druj wrote:
Its a cool site with interesting personalities and really good pro scene shit.

However I recommend taking these arguments and serious threads with a straw.

One time I copy-pasted arguments from several veterans out of severe procrastination and really bad drinking, who are highly respected around here, and their arguments got ripped apart and I got a C+ on them. These are university level professors btw.

I even double checked afterwards if I read it wrong, if it were the appropriate topic to write, they were being sarcastic, trolling or whatever.
They consistently defend their views, contradicted them in months' times, and sometimes forgot them. And one thread had the exact title of the topic I was writing on, and the veteran had a direct response to it.

Fuck it.

I'm not even gonna bother to mention who, considering their statuses, they'll probably be defended to death. But I'm never going to take them seriously again nor any topic, and just avoid "serious" blog or general threads altogether.


*Yes, yes I'm an idiot for being naive enough to use a forum for something academic, but considering their confidence on subject matters, long essays, and snide remarks, I couldn't help but try.


TL is entertainment!
Bobo_XIII
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
United States429 Posts
April 29 2010 09:07 GMT
#163
My emotional pillow ;p

I've been lurking these boards and following the SC scene off and on for nearly a decade
There's a hole in the world like a great black pit, and the vermin of the world inhabit it... and its morals aren't worth what a pig could spit, and it goes by the name of Reddit.
o[twist]
Profile Joined May 2008
United States4903 Posts
April 29 2010 09:18 GMT
#164
tl's a great place where i've come to be entertained and feel less alone for like two years now. i dont even play starcraft but i got caught up in the scene and now i know way too much about it. its provided me insights into several cultures and subcultures i know nothing about and has wasted days upon days of my life in pleasant ways.
lu_cid
Profile Joined April 2008
United States428 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-29 09:34:20
April 29 2010 09:20 GMT
#165
On April 21 2010 07:04 MYM.Testie wrote:
...
A place for the word METAGAME. (ultimate troll word btw. metagame isn't in the dictionary)


We be adding words to the English language ala Shakespeare. I expect it to show up in the next edition of Webster's.

edit: Check it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metagaming
o[twist]
Profile Joined May 2008
United States4903 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-29 09:55:14
April 29 2010 09:54 GMT
#166
edit: sorry wrong thread
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
April 29 2010 10:52 GMT
#167
The best thing i've ever been apart of
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
Nebula
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
England780 Posts
April 29 2010 11:05 GMT
#168
On April 21 2010 06:45 gumbum8 wrote:
My internet home, full of amazing people who do amazing things. And strangely enough, it may be the one place on the internet where I trust people to be genuine.


I've been here for a long time, been my homepage forever. Couldn't have summed it up better than this ^
<3
valaki
Profile Joined June 2009
Hungary2476 Posts
April 29 2010 11:22 GMT
#169
TL is esports.
ggaemo fan
UnFoly
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore2 Posts
April 29 2010 12:38 GMT
#170
TL is the same to me as SClegacy
Starcraft Blackshot CS WC3 ruined/controlled my life
zealing
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada806 Posts
April 29 2010 12:41 GMT
#171
a place where i can waste my time.

i love wasting my time.
Think you got lag? It took Jesus 3 days to respawn.
AmstAff
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Germany949 Posts
April 29 2010 12:41 GMT
#172
a sc1 and sc2 site.
after 2 years i reached it = marine icon
AnodyneSea
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Jamaica757 Posts
April 29 2010 12:42 GMT
#173
the best escape while at work
Lost within the hope of freedom, not for control but in the light of our cause
chongu
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Malaysia2606 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-29 12:48:58
April 29 2010 12:44 GMT
#174
for me... without TL.net... there will be no Lim Yo Hwan, no sAviOr, no Julyzerg, no JDvFLASH Rivalry > < and I would still be playing *gasp* Dota

On April 21 2010 19:56 boesthius wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I've invested a lot of time into TL, and I plan on investing 100x more in the near future. I love this place and all of the users - it's definitely the best web community i've been apart of for sure; even after being on the RvB forums for 6 years.

<3 TL.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


WOW RvB Forums for 6 yrs..
SC2 is to BW, what coke is to wine.
Marksman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Malaysia523 Posts
April 29 2010 12:54 GMT
#175
A place I learn many things

Its a must go site everyday lol .
I live by the LoL
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
April 29 2010 12:56 GMT
#176
An addition that I might not ever get over. Also, it's my place to go when I don't wanna do anything. The clock just ticks when I'm on TL.
God Bless
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
April 29 2010 13:11 GMT
#177
my homepage
my source of entertainment and joy
my starcraft mentor
my internet community
and the only forum where i can trust the members
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
ProoM
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Lithuania1741 Posts
April 29 2010 13:13 GMT
#178
SC2 Beta Key provider? =D.

If seriously, it's the most friendly, helpful, contributing community I've even seen. It's like my internet home :}.
IMBA - International Mountain Bicycling Association.
JonsaBoy
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Denmark457 Posts
April 29 2010 13:18 GMT
#179
My internet home(page), my daily news site, my everything.
TLMS
iNfeRnaL *
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Germany1908 Posts
April 29 2010 13:21 GMT
#180
On April 29 2010 21:38 UnFoly wrote:
TL is the same to me as SClegacy

get out.

On topic:
I'll keep it simple: for me, TL is awesome.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM401
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 401
Reynor 231
ByuN 185
TKL 130
Railgan 78
Codebar 59
BRAT_OK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 59046
Bisu 2907
Calm 1208
FanTaSy 1028
Stork 838
Rush 401
hero 392
firebathero 198
Snow 129
Sharp 86
[ Show more ]
Free 72
Mind 65
ToSsGirL 39
Trap 38
Pusan 37
Sexy 29
Bale 27
Mong 26
Hm[arnc] 20
soO 20
Terrorterran 20
Rock 18
Aegong 18
HiyA 14
Sacsri 9
Shine 8
Noble 8
scan(afreeca) 8
IntoTheRainbow 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8545
Dendi1118
Counter-Strike
fl0m4537
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Other Games
singsing2223
Liquid`RaSZi1474
B2W.Neo704
olofmeister543
Beastyqt493
Mlord470
Khaldor445
KnowMe314
Hui .222
crisheroes172
Chillindude66
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV260
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV581
League of Legends
• Nemesis3513
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1750
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 38m
OSC
7h 38m
Replay Cast
7h 38m
OSC
20h 38m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.