• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:05
CEST 01:05
KST 08:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9793 users

Story Behind Your ID? - Page 7

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 143 Next
MiniRoman
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Canada3953 Posts
April 04 2010 13:44 GMT
#121
rS.Maynard[9] was Roman and he taught me SC way back in the day and was a good friend so I made myself MiniRoman. Now I use NrG.AdAM and Adam is from the Bible as the first human / Neon Genesis Evangelion the first angel that caused the second impact.
Nak Allstar.
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-04 13:45:34
April 04 2010 13:45 GMT
#122
I just couldnt think of any nick whatsoever so I just went with my initials (7 being SUPER1337 standing for T...)
I think I have one of the stupidest nicks on TL so I thought about changing it to Dr.Awesome (because its awesome, obviously) , which is also my iccup nick.. not sure though. How do I change my nick on TL anyways?
beep boop
saltywet
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Hong Kong1316 Posts
April 04 2010 13:46 GMT
#123
saltywet literally translated into cantonese = hamsup = pervert/horny = being the extremely perverted person i am
Sentient66
Profile Joined July 2009
United States651 Posts
April 04 2010 13:46 GMT
#124


I just added another 6 because 66 is my favorite number.
seNsiX.421
Ozarugold
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
2716 Posts
April 04 2010 13:47 GMT
#125
On April 04 2010 21:35 Archaic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2010 19:51 Ozarugold wrote:
My name is an anagram of an inside joke. I made the name ten years ago and it's stuck with me ever since. The inside joke is lame and not funny and I don't even remember the whole story anymore.

Is it by any chance "La Drug Zoo"?

Lol~ I remember someone on this site asked the same question. "Zoo" is correct though~
this is my quote.
seppolevne
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada1681 Posts
April 04 2010 13:47 GMT
#126
Another D2 character creation story. I made a barbarian with a friend, and as I couldn't think of a name for him I looked around the room, and named him 'Compendium' after the 'Compendium of Pharmaceuticals and Specialties'. Later on I re-rolled a zon and did the same thing, this time seeing a box of envelopes beside me, upside-down. The box was in french (enveloppes) and being upside-down I read it backwards as seppolevne.
J- Pirate Udyr WW T- Pirate Riven Galio M- Galio Annie S- Sona Lux -- Always farm, never carry.
JohnColtrane
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Australia4813 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-04 13:52:39
April 04 2010 13:50 GMT
#127
On April 04 2010 22:45 7mk wrote:
I just couldnt think of any nick whatsoever so I just went with my initials (7 being SUPER1337 standing for T...)
I think I have one of the stupidest nicks on TL so I thought about changing it to Dr.Awesome (because its awesome, obviously) , which is also my iccup nick.. not sure though. How do I change my nick on TL anyways?


there's a thread you post in, but i wouldnt get your hopes up. with your post count and popularity on tl i really doubt they would let you change your name that drastically. usually its only like removing clan tags or minor changes

i wanted to change mine to sugar dunkerton but i got denied :C

here is the thread http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=3398
HEY MEYT
Zhou
Profile Joined February 2009
United States832 Posts
April 04 2010 13:54 GMT
#128
I looked into a lot of Chinese history, and played a lot of Dynasty Warriors. When the third one came out, I liked the character Zhou Tai alot, but I didn't want to use his full name cause I wasn't cool enough. So I just picked up Zhou, and it stuck forever.

Been using it every since, maybe different variations.

Fortunately, most of the new people who meet me think its like my Chinese name or something, which is okay too. (Doesn't know his Chinese name >_>)
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
April 04 2010 14:01 GMT
#129
On April 04 2010 22:50 JohnColtrane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2010 22:45 7mk wrote:
I just couldnt think of any nick whatsoever so I just went with my initials (7 being SUPER1337 standing for T...)
I think I have one of the stupidest nicks on TL so I thought about changing it to Dr.Awesome (because its awesome, obviously) , which is also my iccup nick.. not sure though. How do I change my nick on TL anyways?


there's a thread you post in, but i wouldnt get your hopes up. with your post count and popularity on tl i really doubt they would let you change your name that drastically. usually its only like removing clan tags or minor changes

i wanted to change mine to sugar dunkerton but i got denied :C

here is the thread http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=3398


well I know that Idra had some weird completely different name before (something with zerg at the end), but yea im not sure I wanna change it anyways since people know me as 7mk.
thx though
beep boop
meegrean
Profile Joined May 2008
Thailand7699 Posts
April 04 2010 14:01 GMT
#130
My name literally means Troll Bear in Thai.

I'm a bear that is an internet troll. Haha, so funny.
Brood War loyalist
JohnColtrane
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Australia4813 Posts
April 04 2010 14:04 GMT
#131
On April 04 2010 23:01 7mk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2010 22:50 JohnColtrane wrote:
On April 04 2010 22:45 7mk wrote:
I just couldnt think of any nick whatsoever so I just went with my initials (7 being SUPER1337 standing for T...)
I think I have one of the stupidest nicks on TL so I thought about changing it to Dr.Awesome (because its awesome, obviously) , which is also my iccup nick.. not sure though. How do I change my nick on TL anyways?


there's a thread you post in, but i wouldnt get your hopes up. with your post count and popularity on tl i really doubt they would let you change your name that drastically. usually its only like removing clan tags or minor changes

i wanted to change mine to sugar dunkerton but i got denied :C

here is the thread http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=3398


well I know that Idra had some weird completely different name before (something with zerg at the end), but yea im not sure I wanna change it anyways since people know me as 7mk.
thx though


it said on the thread that he was called hungzerg (lol) but he was universally known as idra so they changed it
HEY MEYT
FiBsTeR
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States415 Posts
April 04 2010 14:06 GMT
#132
Ah, settle down my children and let the tale unfold unto thine ears!

Back in middle school when I was a math nerd (or more so than now anyway) I needed a nick for gamespy arcade where I played age of empires 2 (anyone here play this?). Obviously I was not going to be a fag and be MJ23 or baseball812 or something equally shitty. So I named myself after the Italian mathematician, Fibonacci! My nick was FiB11235 which, over the years of pwnage, clan entering/leaving, e-penis swinging, etc., led to the beauty and awesomeness that is FiBsTeR!
sprawlers
Profile Joined June 2007
Norway439 Posts
April 04 2010 14:08 GMT
#133
I never went all-in and always 12hatched, thus I picked the name to get a mindgame edge. Nowadays I probably 4/5-pool as often as I 12hatch, so it's not working to well.
Vynakros
Profile Joined March 2010
Slovenia63 Posts
April 04 2010 14:10 GMT
#134
Well, I used to play wow, and at the time I have just decided to make myself a paladin. I had to think of a good name, and thought of it during a car ride from the seaside. There was a lorry with the name Vina Kras stamped on the back side, which is a name of a winery. I'm not a drunk or anything, just liked the sound, so Vynakros it was. I've stopped playing wow half a year ago, going back to w3, and I just used this nick, as I was too lazy to come up with a new one, and it was the same as signing up for TL. I'll probably think of something new as I go along, but we'll see.
disco
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Netherlands1667 Posts
April 04 2010 14:12 GMT
#135
i likes to parteh
this game is a fucking jokie
reincremate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China2216 Posts
April 04 2010 14:14 GMT
#136
Reincremation is a song by Suffocation.
ironchef
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Canada1350 Posts
April 04 2010 14:16 GMT
#137
From the competitive cooking tv show, Iron Chef. Not sure why, I guess the idea of turning a mundane daily activity into a high skill/high pressure competition was intriguing to me at the time.

To be honest, im still searching for a 'permanent' name- pretty much only ever used ironchef for TL. Haven't found one I really like so far.
“Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also.” - Marcus Aurelius
iLoveKT
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Philippines3615 Posts
April 04 2010 14:18 GMT
#138
I really really love KT
Woo Jung Ho
Badjas
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Netherlands2038 Posts
April 04 2010 14:21 GMT
#139
Bathrobes are good pieces of clothing. Good enough to have earned me a nickname from friends (in Dutch). Took it with me on the net. Over 15 years old, this nick. I plan not on changing it either. I hate nickname changers.. grrrrr
I <3 the internet, I <3 you
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
April 04 2010 14:25 GMT
#140
Because I like my obelisk being licked...
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings5
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech163
Nina 143
ViBE109
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14621
Artosis 592
PianO 22
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever551
canceldota142
NeuroSwarm123
League of Legends
Doublelift4013
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1513
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe50
PPMD40
Other Games
summit1g5795
FrodaN976
shahzam527
C9.Mang0310
Mew2King28
Day[9].tv14
Maynarde8
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• RyuSc2 26
• Response 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1166
• Shiphtur488
• Day9tv14
Upcoming Events
OSC
23h 55m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 10h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.