• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:13
CEST 22:13
KST 05:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10647 users

E-Cigarettes - Page 8

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 14 Next All
Striker.superfreunde
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany1120 Posts
December 10 2013 00:03 GMT
#141
My girlfriend her present to my brithday^^

[image loading]

(The wooden holder)
'Your ak is pretty... uhm... dank!'
Striker.superfreunde
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany1120 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-19 15:08:44
December 18 2013 21:59 GMT
#142
^
Nice holder!

So, it's me again. My order has arrived! yay!
Two new vaporizer, one new battery and a few other things.

The PuriTank glassomizer
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


This thing seems to be worth his money. It's very solid handled, and its taste is almost 100% liquid. Except for a little touch of metal, because the mouthepiece is metal. I'm really keen about it.

The other vaporizer is more or less a standard one. I filled it with a never before used liquid, and it tastes somewhat strange, almost toxic. I can't tell if it's the vapo or liquid or just the combination of both.. but uhh, something needs to be changed.

eGo VV with LCD panel
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Maybe i got a little bit unlucky with that example, but the production value is bad. The LCD panel is not sealed, there is thin, very unregularly cutted rubber band around the 'push-Button' and the bottom has some scratches.
The LCD display itself is does not display the last digits correct and it's* hard to read in general.
The nice things about it; it counts your drags and its mA is adjustable. Both were not mentioned on the website where i ordered it. The main reason i bought this one was its passthrough function. All other were out of stock, so i had to stick with this one or had to wait... maybe waiting had been the better option. But still, if it stays alive for half a year, it will be worth its money.

Last but not least a picture of my (so far) e-cig 'collection' *cough*
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


*As it turned out, the last digit is a 'V' like voltage
'Your ak is pretty... uhm... dank!'
hzflank
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom2991 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-18 22:27:58
December 18 2013 22:26 GMT
#143
I switched to e-cigs about a month ago. It's great that they have completely replaced tobacco for me, but I do seem to 'smoke' a lot more now. I am using an entire 24mg cartridge per day, where as before I only smoked around 15 a day. I've just bought a stack of 16 mg cartridge though, so hopefully I will only use one of those per day.
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
December 19 2013 07:39 GMT
#144
On December 19 2013 07:26 hzflank wrote:
I switched to e-cigs about a month ago. It's great that they have completely replaced tobacco for me, but I do seem to 'smoke' a lot more now. I am using an entire 24mg cartridge per day, where as before I only smoked around 15 a day. I've just bought a stack of 16 mg cartridge though, so hopefully I will only use one of those per day.

Yeah, it's actually demonstrated to me that I'm more in love with the vapor production (formerly the smoke production) than I am with the nicotine, so I've been trying to keep it below 16mg while I decide what I want to do going forward. My thoughts were some simple do-it-yourself by buying pre-made juice without flavoring, some various flavors, and nicotine concentrate or however it's distributed and make my own to save lots of money (since paying a premium at $15/30mL is kind of goofy at the rate I'm blowing through bottles.) [ DIY help via reddit ]
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
hzflank
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom2991 Posts
December 19 2013 16:16 GMT
#145
I am spending about £1.50/day on a cartridge, which just screw into the battery. Each cartridge is about 2ml of liquid. A pack of cigs a day costs about £8, so I am not complaining.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
December 19 2013 17:10 GMT
#146
You know those cartridges are refillable right? Like, they don't last as long as tanks, but they can be refilled for a couple of days before they burn out.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
December 19 2013 17:39 GMT
#147
On December 19 2013 16:39 ObviousOne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2013 07:26 hzflank wrote:
I switched to e-cigs about a month ago. It's great that they have completely replaced tobacco for me, but I do seem to 'smoke' a lot more now. I am using an entire 24mg cartridge per day, where as before I only smoked around 15 a day. I've just bought a stack of 16 mg cartridge though, so hopefully I will only use one of those per day.

Yeah, it's actually demonstrated to me that I'm more in love with the vapor production (formerly the smoke production) than I am with the nicotine, so I've been trying to keep it below 16mg while I decide what I want to do going forward. My thoughts were some simple do-it-yourself by buying pre-made juice without flavoring, some various flavors, and nicotine concentrate or however it's distributed and make my own to save lots of money (since paying a premium at $15/30mL is kind of goofy at the rate I'm blowing through bottles.) [ DIY help via reddit ]

lol yeah i'm the same too.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
January 14 2014 14:19 GMT
#148
So my local B&M supplier makes something that tastes exactly like Watermelon Airhead. I ordered 120mL. Can't wait! (got it in 6mg since they had to whip it up special for me). I think after I go through that and the 6mg grape I'll try going all the way to 0mg. Progress!
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
anTi_
Profile Joined October 2008
United States499 Posts
January 14 2014 22:55 GMT
#149
I've actually created my own business because of e-cigarettes called The Vape Apes. We wholesale a premier line of vaping liquid made in Wisconsin but also have a retail site as well. I've helped convert thousands of smokers to vaping including myself. Now instead of having an addiction to cigs, I vape 0 nicotine juice as a hobby, almost like a hookah. It's also a hobby in the way I build my own atomizers, whether it be drippers , gennies, or kayfuns I like tinkering and making the best out of my devices.
www.thevapeapes.com
anTi_
Profile Joined October 2008
United States499 Posts
January 14 2014 22:58 GMT
#150
[image loading]

My vape for the day ^^
www.thevapeapes.com
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
January 15 2014 00:33 GMT
#151
[image loading]


I want something like one of these bad boys (http://www.freighttrainmods.com/gallery.html) but I'm sure it's like $300-400 USD. They're made to order but BITCHIN' AS FUCK imo. Want x 1000
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
anTi_
Profile Joined October 2008
United States499 Posts
January 15 2014 15:03 GMT
#152
I can dig that, check out mythical e-pipes too if you're into the custom e-pipe scene, my friend has one with a loooooong stem and he truly vapes like a sir.
www.thevapeapes.com
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
January 16 2014 02:10 GMT
#153
Next on my list of things to try now that I've got an MVP v2 is some kin of RBA or just plain trying to rebuild these protank2 coils. My only apprehension about that is that I'm getting miffed with solving gurgling and minor leaks past the coil. Top coil that I could rebuild so I get the best of both might be good?
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
January 31 2014 20:24 GMT
#154
Is there a comprehensive guide to all the products out there? Looking to switch after 10+ years of smoking.
sk1nex
Profile Joined May 2010
Finland299 Posts
January 31 2014 20:35 GMT
#155
At least i haven't bumped into any single guide that would cover it all. Personally i had some trouble finding all the necessary information, and got confused with all the different terms scattered around. There is a huge difference in quality of e-cigarettes, so dont go buying the cheapest thing you find on the local street shop. Maybe somebody over here could direct you to a place with all the necessary basic information. Im personally still so amateur with these things that I would propably just get you confused
"Im at Quakecon, Gonna win the Duel and TDM. Quake is easy" (c) 2GD | NTHNTHNTHNTHNTHNTH
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
January 31 2014 21:30 GMT
#156
Basic information regarding the mechanics of vaping: http://godofsteam.wordpress.com/intro-to-vaping/

Found the above recently linked on the electronic_cigarette subreddit ( http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette ) where I poke through interesting looking posts and links daily. I'm far from an expert but I took a quick look at that and bookmarked it for this kind of occasion.

Youtube channels I personally recommend for hardware reviews, juice reviews, how-tos, etc.:
http://www.youtube.com/user/GrimmGreen - Hardware reviews, hardware rebuilds, check out his website where all these videos are essentially aggregated with comments and other blog-y type stuff. You'll find the link on his channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/pbusardo - Hardware and juice and more. Also operates a blog that all these videos he posts are featured on, link on his YT page as well.

So when you say to yourself "I want to see information about the Kanger Aerotank" you can look for these guys in the search results and I feel they do an excellent job of weighing the pros/cons of all the things they review. Subscribe to the subreddit, it's a great place for learning even if it's just by reading other people's comments. There are some posts on the reddit wiki as well that some of the longer-term vapers keep up to date when they can so you can look there as well (stickied posts or something)



Ordered an IGO-L or IGO-W (I don't even remember, probably W) for my next step in the program so that's exciting to me. This Airheadz flavored juice is probably cotton candy and watermelon flavors so I'm going to poke around and see about making it myself in the future for cheaper than retail.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
February 01 2014 04:45 GMT
#157
any recommendations for starter kits?
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
February 01 2014 05:21 GMT
#158
Are you all-in on switching? Price range?
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
OuchyDathurts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4588 Posts
February 01 2014 05:28 GMT
#159
On February 01 2014 13:45 zulu_nation8 wrote:
any recommendations for starter kits?


Barebones no bullshit cheap starting point that actually functions is going to look something like this.

EGO style battery EGO is basically just the generic style battery. They're made by a million different companies but they all use the standard size threading. This is the most basic starting point, buy one of these, spend a ton on one of the crazy batteries, or don't vape at all, period. Anything smaller is completely worthless.
* There is a USB Pass-through version as well It costs more but you don't have to take your tank off to charge. You can sit at your computer and vape all day long. Same as the above battery you're just paying more for convenience. Personally I use these.

iClear Clearomizer 1.6ml No frills tank to hold the juice. They're idiot proof, don't have to dick around with them, put liquid in and go. IMO the best ease of use starting point, you can get all fancy later. Cheap, holds a lot of juice (2 days to 1/3 of a day depending on how much you use it), color coded if you want to keep separate tanks for separate flavors.
*iClear 3ml tank Same as above but holds 3ml instead of 1.6
*iClear 1.6 replacement head Need to replace the head inside every once in a while, just grab a few to have handy.
*iClear 3.0 replacement head Replacement head for 3ml

Then you just need a liquid of choice, that's it. Cheap, quick, and dirty. Setup should last you forever if you don't drop kick it off a building.

Everything linked here is just from a local shop for ease of linking. Feel free to shop around to save some money if you want. Optionally you might want a different drip tip (the thing you suck on) but its all personal preference or style.

Start here, I wouldn't deviate unless you have someone to take you under your wing and tell you what sucks and what doesn't. Find a store and try for yourself before you buy. But this setup should get you off cigarettes. It's powerful enough and convenient with the tank. In the future you can start experimenting with variable voltage and mods and all that.

I really should just copy this whole thing and paste it =P
LiquidDota Staff
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-01 06:23:52
February 01 2014 06:23 GMT
#160
Looking to go all in, I smoke about two packs every week so that's about $70-$80 a month. I'm willing to spend more on the initial kit if it means costing less in the long run. I found a couple of shops near me,

Novocig http://www.nuvocig.com/
Rivocig
Greensmoke http://www.greensmoke.com/

Gonna just go there and see what they have. Should I get the battery and tank from there or order online? What should I be looking for and are those good brands? Thanks.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 260
EmSc Tv 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21041
Calm 2219
Shuttle 332
White-Ra 184
Mini 173
ZZZero.O 127
firebathero 72
soO 10
Sacsri 7
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1537
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4632
Liquid`Hasu616
Other Games
summit1g7219
Liquid`RaSZi2219
FrodaN1554
fl0m1478
olofmeister1061
B2W.Neo834
RotterdaM637
Beastyqt358
crisheroes329
Livibee216
Pyrionflax177
Mew2King60
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick977
BasetradeTV196
StarCraft 2
angryscii 26
EmSc Tv 9
EmSc2Tv 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• niya90s 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki43
• blackmanpl 21
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1460
• Shiphtur692
• WagamamaTV363
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 48m
Replay Cast
2h 48m
OSC
15h 48m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.