• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:40
CEST 23:40
KST 06:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6991 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 77

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 370 Next
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
October 07 2011 21:10 GMT
#1521
On October 08 2011 04:39 Rizare wrote:
Meh. Looks like I'm terrible after playing this much. Perhaps I just don't play enough. I especially have troubles with these weird streams. I guess more practice would be the answer in this case?
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]


Play this http://osu.ppy.sh/s/25403

Then play it again

Then play it again

Then play it again
wooozy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3813 Posts
October 07 2011 21:28 GMT
#1522
i can't do streams that go from right to left for some reason :|
Rizare
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada593 Posts
October 07 2011 22:55 GMT
#1523
When I'll have time, I'll play these maps, thanks. However, I forgot to say that I play only using the mouse with left/right click. This might be something important to know when it comes down to these streams <.<
aycheff
Profile Joined February 2010
United States329 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-08 01:53:24
October 08 2011 01:50 GMT
#1524
On October 08 2011 05:23 Camail wrote:
Streams are the ban for most people's existence, luckily we have a matter who uses them a lot. I'm really not as good as I could be, but I've gotten significantly better after trying easing my way into longer and longer streams.

(I use x/left click, fyi)

I would try this map first:
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/31408

There are some consistent and small streams that lead up to faster, but still short, streams near the end.

The next map has a bit longer streams and eventually a fairly long stream, but the bpm is low enough that its fun and easier to use to learn than some maps:

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/117182


And then by the same author, its more streamy and faster, that's basically the idea, just taking on harder and harder streams as you get better.

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/75837&m=1

I used to hate streams with a passion, and I think the answer is specialized practice, rather than just playing any map. I still play the last two maps to either warm up my streaming or get better.

Sorry if this somehow comes off as patronizing, I just want to share my experience with getting better at this game. This is by no means the only option, and really I don't even know if this will help anyone -_-.

On another note, hit 5k plays yesterday, so roughly 5k plays in 3 months...I've seen higher but its still so much time to put in this game...


I like this guy, two of my maps! I support this post .

On October 06 2011 15:39 Bobbias wrote:
Personally I'm not much of a fan of the BAT system anyway.


Join the club lol. This coming from someone who quit MAT cause of the shittyness of MAT/BAT
hf // yeahyeahyeahhh // Y.S-Y
Camail
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1030 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-08 06:14:57
October 08 2011 06:13 GMT
#1525
On October 08 2011 07:55 Rizare wrote:
When I'll have time, I'll play these maps, thanks. However, I forgot to say that I play only using the mouse with left/right click. This might be something important to know when it comes down to these streams <.<


It matters for how you hold the mouse. When rapidly clicking you have less control on movement when using both left and right click. I would suggest that if you want to keep using left/right that you experiment with different ways of holding the mouse. Also, I personally think its harder to hit with only one hand, but its a matter of taste I guess.


edit:
And yea, I knew you made those maps, so I thought I'd give recognition where its due, I'm a fan of most of your maps (not all, though ).
http://i.imgur.com/IPxgv.png
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
October 09 2011 04:52 GMT
#1526
After 3 days playing around with tablet, i'm seriously considering switching.

I'm still terribad with my tablet and keyboard control, but with a bit more practice I think i can surpass my mouse-only skill level.
( ・´ー・`)
wooozy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3813 Posts
October 09 2011 05:02 GMT
#1527
TRAITOR.
Camail
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1030 Posts
October 09 2011 08:50 GMT
#1528
I'll never switch for two reasons:

No tablet, and feels less fun.

GL though.
http://i.imgur.com/IPxgv.png
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
October 09 2011 16:17 GMT
#1529
Finally got past that painful intro, lol.

[image loading]
Bub
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States3518 Posts
October 09 2011 18:49 GMT
#1530
OSU played surprisingly well the first half last night but even more surprising was how NU came back the second half to take the game.

Amazing.
XK ßubonic
Fumi
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
529 Posts
October 11 2011 00:30 GMT
#1531
On October 09 2011 13:52 prototype. wrote:
After 3 days playing around with tablet, i'm seriously considering switching.

I'm still terribad with my tablet and keyboard control, but with a bit more practice I think i can surpass my mouse-only skill level.

You're probably gonna surpass it pretty fast. I didn't know you were mouse-only though, kinda sad seeing another mouse-only die.
Flash, Stats, Reach, Tossgirl <> Boxer, Nestea, MC, Foxer fangirl | http://osu.ppy.sh/u/181432
ebacho
Profile Joined July 2009
United States193 Posts
October 11 2011 01:59 GMT
#1532
Mouse + KB is where it's at, haters gonna hate.
Proud member of TL's osufam
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
October 11 2011 04:51 GMT
#1533
I'm planning on sticking with Mouse+KB. Started out all mouse and it felt way too hard to control everything with one hand. Plus, having played so many other music games, I'm used to pressing keyboard buttons to a beat, so the switch was pretty easy for me.
wooozy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3813 Posts
October 11 2011 04:56 GMT
#1534
mouse only represent.
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
October 11 2011 05:15 GMT
#1535
Keyboard only represent
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-11 05:35:21
October 11 2011 05:33 GMT
#1536
On October 11 2011 09:30 Fumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2011 13:52 prototype. wrote:
After 3 days playing around with tablet, i'm seriously considering switching.

I'm still terribad with my tablet and keyboard control, but with a bit more practice I think i can surpass my mouse-only skill level.

You're probably gonna surpass it pretty fast. I didn't know you were mouse-only though, kinda sad seeing another mouse-only die.

Probably not gonna surpass mouse level fast, but it's getting there... kinda

My streaming at low bpm with keyboard is really off timing . But for some reason at 190-210bpm, it's full 300s when i'm just spamming as fast as i can
(coincidentally, this is the opposite for when i use mouse)

On October 11 2011 13:56 wooozy wrote:
mouse only represent.

I didn't know you were mouse-only :0

edit: my accuracy is about to drop below 95% \(^o^)/
( ・´ー・`)
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-18 14:50:44
October 18 2011 14:50 GMT
#1537
Tablets are so imbalanced it's hilarious.

I'm dominating songs that felt impossible before.
wooozy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3813 Posts
October 18 2011 18:28 GMT
#1538
this thread gets sent to page 2-3 way too quickly. :| where's bobbias with the random accomplishments and rants
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
October 18 2011 19:34 GMT
#1539
On October 19 2011 03:28 wooozy wrote:
this thread gets sent to page 2-3 way too quickly. :| where's bobbias with the random accomplishments and rants

I could post my progress with tablet, but I thought ppl might find it boring.
( ・´ー・`)
Camail
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1030 Posts
October 18 2011 20:37 GMT
#1540
I haven't had my mousepad for 3 weeks, so I literally couldn't play well for almost a month... I got it back last weekends, sot he rust is being scratched off one song at a time.
http://i.imgur.com/IPxgv.png
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ZombieGrub256
Nina 138
NeuroSwarm 115
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14249
NaDa 19
Bale 14
Dota 2
febbydoto27
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King62
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu632
Other Games
Grubby3682
summit1g3454
Liquid`RaSZi1987
shahzam534
WinterStarcraft408
ToD296
C9.Mang0274
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1004
Other Games
• imaqtpie898
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 20m
INu's Battles
13h 20m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
15h 20m
OSC
1d
Replay Cast
1d 1h
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.