• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:34
CEST 06:34
KST 13:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202612Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9033 users

EVE Corporation - Page 1858

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 2022 Next
https://discord.gg/c8jHgQpMSY

mity hat tree discord if you care
Jaaaaasper
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States10225 Posts
June 28 2014 18:20 GMT
#37141
On June 29 2014 02:42 DiracMonopole wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2014 02:40 Jaaaaasper wrote:
I dunno I don't think test is suddenly hydra or anything, its just a single corp (not dreddit) that I'm thinking of joining thats deployed no where near catch and I enjoy flying with. Honestly I'm starting to think that I might just wind up playing eve for fun than to get good, much as it galls the bw player in me.


There are fun corps where the fleet chat is more than racial epithets, and the fights are more than being killed by 4 guys with 0 tank fit. + Show Spoiler +


Interestingly enough I actually found the one test corp that isn't found of spamming irritating sperg 24/7. Give me some credit, I've flown with these guys and hung out in their coms enough to actually be able to say they don't say offensive stuff anymore than bni, but they are neither hypocritical about it, or someone capable of twisting logic so that racist shit bni says is cool but racist shit test says is literally hitler. I may be bad at eve, but I know the basics of figuring out if I want to spend time with people.
Hey do you want to hear a joke? Chinese production value. | I thought he had a aegis- Ayesee | When did 7ing mad last have a good game, 2012?
DefMatrixUltra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada1992 Posts
June 28 2014 19:00 GMT
#37142
If you don't want any input about what to do and just want to complain about how bad the corp you're in is compared to this other totally awesome corp you're not in, there's always the blogs section.
Jaaaaasper
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States10225 Posts
June 28 2014 19:13 GMT
#37143
I actually appreciate the input, I just don't appreciate the assumption that I have no idea what I'm doing.
Hey do you want to hear a joke? Chinese production value. | I thought he had a aegis- Ayesee | When did 7ing mad last have a good game, 2012?
DefMatrixUltra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada1992 Posts
June 28 2014 19:17 GMT
#37144
I think you are reading a lot more into some of these responses than is actually there. People are not telling you to stay in BNI, for example.
Jaaaaasper
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States10225 Posts
June 28 2014 19:27 GMT
#37145
True. Frankly I like a lot of the people I've run into in HERO, so if this isn't the right fit for me I've got several more corps I plan on trying. Eventually I'll either run out of hope and give up on the whole coalition or I'll find the right fit.
Hey do you want to hear a joke? Chinese production value. | I thought he had a aegis- Ayesee | When did 7ing mad last have a good game, 2012?
DefMatrixUltra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada1992 Posts
June 28 2014 20:28 GMT
#37146
The subtext of this whole discussion is basically this:

No one plays games seeking out the experience of losing over and over. There are essentially two outcomes in EVE for someone interested in PvP. You either lower your standards and lower your interest in PvP-for-the-sake-of-PvP or you commit to your interest until you find ways to excel. Most of the people (not all) that frequent this thread are in the second camp. The vast majority of EVE are in the first camp.

There's nothing inherently wrong with being in the first camp. It doesn't make someone a bad person or a failure. But from the point of view of someone in the second camp, people in the first camp are victims by their own choosing. Second camp people have their own system of valuation based on in-game performance whereas that's generally not important to people in the first camp. First campers comfort themselves by losing their identity ("my corp/alliance is really good and has x things where your corp/alliance only has y things"), by conflating statistics with skill (efficiency ratings are meaningless and have no effect whatsoever on how good a pilot someone is), or by "not caring" or a wacky combination of the three.

The fact that you're complaining about the performance of your alliance and how you are constantly sent on suicide missions gives us all the impression that you are in that second camp. If that's the case, you will never be satisfied with your situation in EVE until you find a good group of skilled and knowledgeable people to fly with (or choose to go the solo route). First campers don't have any missions but suicide missions against second campers. That's just how it is and how it will always be until CCP removes small-gang play entirely from the game (they're slowly making their way there). That's what I meant when I said TEST and BNI are going to be two sides of the same coin. Your frustration with performance is going to persist.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44368 Posts
June 28 2014 23:11 GMT
#37147
https://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=24168196

such dunkage
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Jaaaaasper
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States10225 Posts
June 29 2014 00:46 GMT
#37148
Are those all you?
Hey do you want to hear a joke? Chinese production value. | I thought he had a aegis- Ayesee | When did 7ing mad last have a good game, 2012?
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44368 Posts
June 29 2014 02:48 GMT
#37149
craftycroc is a guy from the early days of molden heath, his alliance got absolutely curbstomped by the mity fatal scenson.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
0m3ga
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Serbia322 Posts
June 29 2014 03:36 GMT
#37150
Anyone knows how effective are medium drones in a Gila to deal with interceptors?
Don't you ever gf me back -Chessur
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44368 Posts
June 29 2014 03:39 GMT
#37151
I imagine valks with a web will be crazy effective.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Morton
Profile Joined July 2012
United States152 Posts
June 29 2014 05:41 GMT
#37152
On June 29 2014 04:27 Jaaaaasper wrote:
True. Frankly I like a lot of the people I've run into in HERO, so if this isn't the right fit for me I've got several more corps I plan on trying. Eventually I'll either run out of hope and give up on the whole coalition or I'll find the right fit.



BNI can be....annoying, we have a lot of older guys splitting into the sister corps, just to avoid the toxic stuff. If you think would enjoy wormhole space I am pretty sure dropbears would have ya.

Originalname and TLweken are already in here; getting a little mini-gathering of TL guys would be cool.
DiracMonopole
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1555 Posts
June 29 2014 10:14 GMT
#37153
On June 29 2014 12:39 KwarK wrote:
I imagine valks with a web will be crazy effective.


Assuming they ram you.

Nothing is effective against properly flown interceptors, apart from scram frigates.
419
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Russian Federation3632 Posts
June 29 2014 14:17 GMT
#37154
by properly flown you mean "hit orbit 27 km"
?
419
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Russian Federation3632 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-29 18:11:26
June 29 2014 18:10 GMT
#37155
On June 29 2014 08:11 KwarK wrote:
https://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=24168196

such dunkage

because nano = minmatar rite

and a triage chimera apparently
?
Jaaaaasper
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States10225 Posts
June 30 2014 21:51 GMT
#37156
Ohhhh FCON

zkillboard.com
Hey do you want to hear a joke? Chinese production value. | I thought he had a aegis- Ayesee | When did 7ing mad last have a good game, 2012?
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
June 30 2014 21:53 GMT
#37157
I smile whenever I see a CraftyCroc death. The only person other than vov to betray me so well T_T
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Laserist
Profile Joined September 2011
Turkey4269 Posts
July 01 2014 13:18 GMT
#37158
Hey guys,

I try to get into the game from the beginning. After finishing the initial missions, I do some mining, some production and some ratting/salvaging. What is the strong alternatives to proceed from now on?

How to maintain stable income excluding mining? Considering PvE, exploration is not bad. Individual missions are mostly boring and not rewarding imo. Probably I am very wrong about something here but I can use any advice.

Thanks.
“Are you with the Cartel? Because you’re definitely an Angel.”
Boggler
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada234 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-01 14:39:06
July 01 2014 14:35 GMT
#37159
I'm in the 2nd camp. Learning more everyday. Not getting in over my head. Trying to absorb the massive amount of information there is in this game.

L4 couriers are going to go beyond my expectation of paying the bills. All while watching every single WC2014 match. Who knew afk LP was possible. Obviously Kwark did.

The real goal is PvP. I'm still in a FW corp. Winmatar to be exact. They aren't bad. Its mostly up to me to decide what I want to do, and most of the time its solo pvp in Novice/Small plex. I sometimes run Logi, since I don't have the skills to fully pilot an Ishtar/VNI with sentry drones. This is fine since lol afk watching WC2014

I ran this Merlin fit for a while. Enjoy it quite a bit. I think I will continue to use it until I improve my skills. (Always 4-5+ days away from next thing now. wtf)

The problem with the Merlin, imho, is my lack of support skills, and as Gods mentioned, I don't even have Caldari V trained.

Its a great beginner ship, and has come sooo close on so many losses. Mostly losing to kiting ships.

Moving forward, I am going to try and dictate what happen more. I am going to fly an Atron until I get the skills required to not just throw a bunch of DD's into the scrap pile.

Likely need Advanced Weapons Ups V to continue optimum fittings.

Anyways, I hope this makes sense. I see people wanting to join BNI. Don't you get the same thing out of a FW corp?

I wanted to write something about my skill queue, and where I wanted to be in one month. Unfortunately, everytime I make a plan, the plan changes in the short term. Long term the goal is still be SB capable for FW isk, and eventually fly an Ishtar. Beyond that, maybe try and fit Kwarks coercer, but that needs more skills. Beyond/beyond that, fly a succubus, get snaked up

Until then, Frigs are good fun.

Boggler


Time is money, friend!
Oshuy
Profile Joined September 2011
Netherlands529 Posts
July 01 2014 14:38 GMT
#37160
On July 01 2014 22:18 Laserist wrote:
What is the strong alternatives to proceed from now on?

How to maintain stable income excluding mining?


Main question is what you want to do/become in eve.

You can keep to mining while you read/learn what can be done and make your decision and while you learn the skills or the isks you will need for what you want to become.

There are quite a few paths, but the main question for me is : what do you want to do with that stable income ?
Coooot
Prev 1 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 2022 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 180
ProTech126
Nina 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3132
Shuttle 1711
Sharp 176
Dewaltoss 72
Mong 39
Noble 16
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm177
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox619
Other Games
summit1g7690
WinterStarcraft484
C9.Mang0273
Sick119
ViBE118
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 29
• StrangeGG 17
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota265
League of Legends
• Lourlo1008
• Stunt322
Other Games
• Shiphtur442
Upcoming Events
OSC
18h 27m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 5h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.