• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:31
CEST 11:31
KST 18:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10176 users

Pokémon Go! - Page 5

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 198 199 200 Next
sushiko
Profile Joined June 2010
197 Posts
July 08 2016 06:57 GMT
#81
do move types come into effect? Since there's variation in the what movesets the pokemon has, should I consider that when choosing which pokemon to raise/evolve?
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
July 08 2016 07:03 GMT
#82
In gym fights, you can have super/not very effective yes.
IDK if STAB is in the game though.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46483 Posts
July 08 2016 11:52 GMT
#83
On July 08 2016 15:46 Laurens wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2016 14:09 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On July 08 2016 11:00 Doraemon wrote:
so when is it worth leveling up pokemons? seems like you can always catch a higher CP


I'd like to know this too.


As your trainer level increases, max CP of pokemon increases too.
So a zubat caught at lvl 4 will probably have less CP than the zubat caught at lvl 5. Of course there is still randomness involved.

I believe all pokemon of the same species have the same CP cap (for your given trainer level).

So personally I only train pokemon that no longer need to evolve (my hypno, jynx, pidgeot...)
Most gyms in my area already have 350+ CP pokemon in them so training is a must if I want gyms.

When I have enough candy for an evolution, I just choose the pokemon that has the highest CP, transfer all the others to the professor, and then evolve the best one.


That makes sense, thanks!
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Doraemon
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Australia14949 Posts
July 08 2016 12:17 GMT
#84
On July 08 2016 15:46 Laurens wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2016 14:09 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On July 08 2016 11:00 Doraemon wrote:
so when is it worth leveling up pokemons? seems like you can always catch a higher CP


I'd like to know this too.


As your trainer level increases, max CP of pokemon increases too.
So a zubat caught at lvl 4 will probably have less CP than the zubat caught at lvl 5. Of course there is still randomness involved.

I believe all pokemon of the same species have the same CP cap (for your given trainer level).

So personally I only train pokemon that no longer need to evolve (my hypno, jynx, pidgeot...)
Most gyms in my area already have 350+ CP pokemon in them so training is a must if I want gyms.

When I have enough candy for an evolution, I just choose the pokemon that has the highest CP, transfer all the others to the professor, and then evolve the best one.


isn't it better to level up your pre-evolved pokemons and they get the CP boost through evolution? because after they evolve, the incremental materials required to power up is more?
Do yourself a favour and just STFU
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-08 13:45:39
July 08 2016 13:45 GMT
#85
On July 08 2016 21:17 Doraemon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2016 15:46 Laurens wrote:
On July 08 2016 14:09 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On July 08 2016 11:00 Doraemon wrote:
so when is it worth leveling up pokemons? seems like you can always catch a higher CP


I'd like to know this too.


As your trainer level increases, max CP of pokemon increases too.
So a zubat caught at lvl 4 will probably have less CP than the zubat caught at lvl 5. Of course there is still randomness involved.

I believe all pokemon of the same species have the same CP cap (for your given trainer level).

So personally I only train pokemon that no longer need to evolve (my hypno, jynx, pidgeot...)
Most gyms in my area already have 350+ CP pokemon in them so training is a must if I want gyms.

When I have enough candy for an evolution, I just choose the pokemon that has the highest CP, transfer all the others to the professor, and then evolve the best one.


isn't it better to level up your pre-evolved pokemons and they get the CP boost through evolution? because after they evolve, the incremental materials required to power up is more?


From my experience, the amount of stardust required for training depends on the % of max CP your pokemon currently has.

So a pidgey with 50 CP out of 100 would cost the same as a pidgeot with 400 out of 800.
Evolving gives a CP-boost but max CP goes up too and %-wise it stays the same.

Seems like the highest possible cost is 1000/upgrade.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46483 Posts
July 08 2016 16:44 GMT
#86
[image loading]
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
July 08 2016 16:49 GMT
#87
So, I've caught at least 7 pokemon just sitting in my home office lol.
Life?
ZeaL.
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5955 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-08 17:32:30
July 08 2016 17:32 GMT
#88
Two observations:
1) There's very few pokemon near my house in the suburbs. Walking around for an hour I ran into only three. After driving downtown to run some errands I was hitting zubats and spearows left and right, caught probably 10 pokemon in an 30 minutes. Seems the distribution of mons is off.

2) There's two gyms near my house. Some guy has a 478 CP MAGMAR GUARDING THAT SHIT WTF. How are people getting that with all the server lag and it being out for 2 days?

On July 09 2016 01:49 ShoCkeyy wrote:
So, I've caught at least 7 pokemon just sitting in my home office lol.


Are you just opening your app every now and then to see if something is in your radius?
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
July 08 2016 18:10 GMT
#89
Yea, pretty much. I've also noticed that if I see a pokemon, my gf will see the same pokemon too, sometimes not.
Life?
DuB phool
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1003 Posts
July 08 2016 18:27 GMT
#90
Blue team has taken full control of the 5 gyms on/near my campus! MUAHAHAHA

The last holdout was a cp1000 arcanine for red team, jeeez.
"overwatch is jesus" - motbob 2016
TheNewEra
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany3128 Posts
July 08 2016 18:54 GMT
#91
On July 09 2016 02:32 ZeaL. wrote:
Two observations:
1) There's very few pokemon near my house in the suburbs. Walking around for an hour I ran into only three. After driving downtown to run some errands I was hitting zubats and spearows left and right, caught probably 10 pokemon in an 30 minutes. Seems the distribution of mons is off.

2) There's two gyms near my house. Some guy has a 478 CP MAGMAR GUARDING THAT SHIT WTF. How are people getting that with all the server lag and it being out for 2 days?

Show nested quote +
On July 09 2016 01:49 ShoCkeyy wrote:
So, I've caught at least 7 pokemon just sitting in my home office lol.


Are you just opening your app every now and then to see if something is in your radius?

Posted earlier: Have the exact same problem just that I get no Pokemons at all here in the downtown. The distribution is definitely off. Though I would like to know if this is because of Ingress or if the game is just "bad" in that case

Also fuck that guy holding the gym directly across the street with a I believe it was a CP 750 Vaporeon since the beginning of day 2
Midas <3 Casy <3 BeSt <3 | Pray to Doh-men, heathens! | Zwischen Harz und Heideland
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46483 Posts
July 08 2016 18:56 GMT
#92
I caught about 20 different Pokemon in my (suburban) house, but there aren't too many others within a mile radius my house.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
July 08 2016 21:18 GMT
#93
If the damn servers would stop being down, that would be nice.
Life?
Rehio
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1718 Posts
July 08 2016 21:26 GMT
#94
I'm still waiting for them to figure out the PTC account issue.


This whole wait wouldn't be so bad if there was like.. any amount of communication from Nintendo/Niantic about the problems.

Just a "Hey, we know shit's bad. We're working to make it less bad" would suffice.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46483 Posts
July 08 2016 21:47 GMT
#95
Agreed; I found this website, but it's not 100% accurate (so far it's about 2/3 accurate based on a few dozen refreshes): http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/pokemon_go
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
NrG.NeverExpo
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2114 Posts
July 09 2016 16:50 GMT
#96
whats the pokedex like on this game? so far i feel like ive only been seeing the original 150 pokemon?
TwitteR: @NeverExpo follow me, i'll follow back :)
TheNewEra
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany3128 Posts
July 09 2016 17:04 GMT
#97
On July 10 2016 01:50 NrG.NeverExpo wrote:
whats the pokedex like on this game? so far i feel like ive only been seeing the original 150 pokemon?

Right. So far only the original 150 are released but you can be sure that this will be increased after time.
Midas <3 Casy <3 BeSt <3 | Pray to Doh-men, heathens! | Zwischen Harz und Heideland
sekalf
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden522 Posts
July 09 2016 17:11 GMT
#98
I've never played a Pokemon game in my life, and I've never watched the cartoons. So basically I know nothing about it, but I'm very tempted to try this game when it launches here.
Are there any major drawbacks of not knowing the universe? Or do you learn it as you play?
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
July 09 2016 17:14 GMT
#99
So I finally learned how to throw the Pokeball but I wanted the Squirtle not the Bulbasaur, but it's cool I guess..
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
July 09 2016 17:18 GMT
#100
Lol, wait until you have to catch a large flying type. Throwing pokeballs will not be easy. I spent at least 40 something pokeballs yesterday throwing them at a Pidgeot > _ >
Life?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 198 199 200 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 6535
Horang2 543
Hyuk 420
BeSt 338
Killer 106
Stork 103
Hyun 83
sorry 79
ggaemo 75
Shinee 75
[ Show more ]
Snow 59
Bonyth 52
Hm[arnc] 40
Bale 35
JYJ 24
Pusan 21
Noble 8
League of Legends
JimRising 493
Other Games
gofns31282
singsing1767
Mew2King76
ArmadaUGS66
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick702
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream141
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 61
• Adnapsc2 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2332
League of Legends
• Lourlo1387
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
29m
INu's Battles
2h 29m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
5h 29m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 29m
Replay Cast
13h 29m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 1h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.