• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:15
CEST 09:15
KST 16:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8102 users

Pokémon Go! - Page 27

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 200 Next
WonnaPlay
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands912 Posts
July 17 2016 14:54 GMT
#521
On July 17 2016 23:08 veQ wrote:
well sitting on 4.1.2 will not let me run the game, tho still constant connection to the bandwith and google maps are a no no to me. Still would like to run it once to see what's it like. Also havent seen people running around even with game being released here few days ago.


Read my post above, google maps bandwidth doesn't need to be there.

Here in the Netherlands, I can confirm that the streets are litterally full of pokemon players. Me and some friends went out till about 4am in the night, and the only people we saw on the streets were either drunk people going home, or poketrainers catching some pokemon.

The best thing was that we went to a triple lure spot at around 3:30 AM and there were about 10-15 people all gathered there (ages 20-30).
DuB phool
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1003 Posts
July 17 2016 16:42 GMT
#522
On July 17 2016 22:56 WonnaPlay wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2016 03:36 DwD wrote:
Alright good to know!
What about bandwidth? How much does it drain if lets say Im out and walking for 30min and doing stuff catching/hatching whatever.


A usefull tip concerning both bandwidth AND battery :

Go to Google Maps
Download the offline maps of your area (on WiFi at home).

Now, your app doesn't use data anymore for loading the map, since it is from the google API.
This works both on iOS (google maps only afaik) and Android.

Also turn off AR in battles for extra battery saving.

I'm pretty sure that was a myth that was debunked pretty quickly. >_>
"overwatch is jesus" - motbob 2016
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
July 17 2016 16:51 GMT
#523
This really annoys me. I am on vacation and is currently in a hotel. The hotel is a Pokestop, but I cannot access it in my room.
EZ4ENCE
WonnaPlay
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands912 Posts
July 17 2016 19:30 GMT
#524
On July 18 2016 01:42 DuB phool wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2016 22:56 WonnaPlay wrote:
On July 17 2016 03:36 DwD wrote:
Alright good to know!
What about bandwidth? How much does it drain if lets say Im out and walking for 30min and doing stuff catching/hatching whatever.


A usefull tip concerning both bandwidth AND battery :

Go to Google Maps
Download the offline maps of your area (on WiFi at home).

Now, your app doesn't use data anymore for loading the map, since it is from the google API.
This works both on iOS (google maps only afaik) and Android.

Also turn off AR in battles for extra battery saving.

I'm pretty sure that was a myth that was debunked pretty quickly. >_>


It is? :o
Talron
Profile Joined September 2012
Germany7651 Posts
July 17 2016 19:53 GMT
#525
Been playing for 5 days now. Gameplay is pretty fun, tho I'd like to have the trading and actual battlesystem from the original pokemon games implemented. The social aspect is just awesome - I live in a city with lots of pokestops in just a 1km radius and at each one of them there are lots of people sitting, talking about the game while playing it. Age is varying from 12-50~ years even from what I saw. Today I saw a little kid at around 13 yo with his Dad playing the game.

However what freaks me out is the stability of the game. I'm at home right now and I can't even connect to the servers and when I do and catch a pokemon, the app either stops entirely and I have to restart, hoping the pokemon still got caught, or it gives me an error, where the pokemon just disappears - Note: that's when I'm connected with my wifi at home.

In addition to this I have some issues regarding hatching eggs and actual distance travelled - I go to work by bike every day which is about 4km each way, however the incubator counted barely 1,5km total. Same thing when going for a walk - I know the track is around 2,5km, but it counts about 900m total. I think it doesn't count any distance during fights / catching pokemon, which results in those numbers - can anyone confirm? I've heard it doesn't count any distance if you're going over 30km/h (20mph?), but I'm sure as hell ain't walking that fast.
EHOME 2010 never forget EHOME.GIGABYTE.AAA B-God In BurNing we trust BurNing your soul DK 2011-2014
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
July 17 2016 20:53 GMT
#526
On July 18 2016 04:53 Talron wrote:
Been playing for 5 days now. Gameplay is pretty fun, tho I'd like to have the trading and actual battlesystem from the original pokemon games implemented. The social aspect is just awesome - I live in a city with lots of pokestops in just a 1km radius and at each one of them there are lots of people sitting, talking about the game while playing it. Age is varying from 12-50~ years even from what I saw. Today I saw a little kid at around 13 yo with his Dad playing the game.

However what freaks me out is the stability of the game. I'm at home right now and I can't even connect to the servers and when I do and catch a pokemon, the app either stops entirely and I have to restart, hoping the pokemon still got caught, or it gives me an error, where the pokemon just disappears - Note: that's when I'm connected with my wifi at home.

In addition to this I have some issues regarding hatching eggs and actual distance travelled - I go to work by bike every day which is about 4km each way, however the incubator counted barely 1,5km total. Same thing when going for a walk - I know the track is around 2,5km, but it counts about 900m total. I think it doesn't count any distance during fights / catching pokemon, which results in those numbers - can anyone confirm? I've heard it doesn't count any distance if you're going over 30km/h (20mph?), but I'm sure as hell ain't walking that fast.

GPS distance tracking is both laggy and inaccurate I find unless I have the app open all the time, even in battery saver mode it's still touch and go.

Also, since official release in canada a couple of hours ago, servers are dead. Gotta love it.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
July 17 2016 21:06 GMT
#527
Damn you Canadians!
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-17 22:16:35
July 17 2016 22:07 GMT
#528
I love how some guy walking around with a bodycam shouting to twitchchat and his tablet in a mall is now gameplay hahaha. It's 3000% awkward. But this app made him just a gamer instead of a crazy person lol

https://www.twitch.tv/ice_poseidon

edit: and now he got kicked out of the mall because it was closed and he cant find his car
Neosteel Enthusiast
Rehio
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1718 Posts
July 17 2016 22:22 GMT
#529
As sucky as it is, server problems are going to happen when they're trying to release it to new countries.

The groups that are DDoSing the servers for fun aren't helping things either, of course.
Goolpsy
Profile Joined November 2010
Denmark301 Posts
July 17 2016 23:32 GMT
#530
I am not so sure about this game.

I live in a small village approx 12 km outside of a city. We have a grocery store and a school (other 'villages' nearby).
Just went for a 1,5 hour walk through every street and across multiple fields. What I encountered:
1 Pidgey
1 Scared Hedgehog
1 Cat that followed me for 10 min.
(0 Gyms, 0 pokestops)

Real life animals 1:0 Augmented reality

The only place to spawn pokemons seems to be my neighbours house. I've gotten lvl 5 from sitting in my kitchen catching rattatas :S

NOT SOLD
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
July 17 2016 23:53 GMT
#531
On July 18 2016 05:53 Amui wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2016 04:53 Talron wrote:
Been playing for 5 days now. Gameplay is pretty fun, tho I'd like to have the trading and actual battlesystem from the original pokemon games implemented. The social aspect is just awesome - I live in a city with lots of pokestops in just a 1km radius and at each one of them there are lots of people sitting, talking about the game while playing it. Age is varying from 12-50~ years even from what I saw. Today I saw a little kid at around 13 yo with his Dad playing the game.

However what freaks me out is the stability of the game. I'm at home right now and I can't even connect to the servers and when I do and catch a pokemon, the app either stops entirely and I have to restart, hoping the pokemon still got caught, or it gives me an error, where the pokemon just disappears - Note: that's when I'm connected with my wifi at home.

In addition to this I have some issues regarding hatching eggs and actual distance travelled - I go to work by bike every day which is about 4km each way, however the incubator counted barely 1,5km total. Same thing when going for a walk - I know the track is around 2,5km, but it counts about 900m total. I think it doesn't count any distance during fights / catching pokemon, which results in those numbers - can anyone confirm? I've heard it doesn't count any distance if you're going over 30km/h (20mph?), but I'm sure as hell ain't walking that fast.

GPS distance tracking is both laggy and inaccurate I find unless I have the app open all the time, even in battery saver mode it's still touch and go.

Also, since official release in canada a couple of hours ago, servers are dead. Gotta love it.


Battery saver mode in this game only works when you turn your phone upside down.

It makes the game stop rendering and shows a black screen saving you battery.
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
July 18 2016 01:13 GMT
#532
I had like 12 pidgeys to evolve and used my lucky egg for the first time, I pretty much wasted 10mins of it... Now I know I definitely need a lot more pokemons to evolve in 30mins lol...
Life?
Darpa
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada4413 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-18 02:10:33
July 18 2016 02:07 GMT
#533
Im literally in the middle of a million person city, and there are no pokemon on my map within walking distance from my house... none at all on the whole map i have available. lol

edit. There was a jynx in my house. But other than that, nothing within a 5 block radius.
"losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
July 18 2016 02:09 GMT
#534
Here we go here we go
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
July 18 2016 03:37 GMT
#535


lmao
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46498 Posts
July 18 2016 03:47 GMT
#536
Holy shit o.O Are people really having so much trouble finding a vaporeon, especially after the discovery of the eevee nicknaming trick to guarantee a specific evolution?
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
NrG.NeverExpo
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2114 Posts
July 18 2016 04:11 GMT
#537
i laughed at that because i literally found a vaporeon one day while eating lunch at work lol
TwitteR: @NeverExpo follow me, i'll follow back :)
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
July 18 2016 05:32 GMT
#538
There were a lot of people camping a triple pokestop in my local park out here in the suburbs last Saturday. It was pretty cool to see. Part of me is hoping these types of games have staying power so people aren't inside their houses all the time, especially in a more immigrant Asian community.
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
July 18 2016 08:51 GMT
#539
Pretty burnt out on the game itself (lvl23, didnt learn evo trick till too late lol) but the social aspect is awesome met some really cool people even managed to catch a cute female pokemon go trainer the other night while me and the fiancee were out hunting at the local river trail. I still hit up the 3-4 gyms on my way home from work in the morning but unless friends or the fiancee ask me to go out with them i dont even bother to turn it on anymore.
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
July 18 2016 09:09 GMT
#540
Caught a PIKACHU
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 200 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1602
GuemChi 473
actioN 378
Leta 374
sSak 43
Bale 31
sorry 22
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
Noble 17
Dota 2
febbydoto15
League of Legends
JimRising 554
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss347
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King150
Other Games
summit1g8137
ceh9442
Happy312
olofmeister307
Sick190
Trikslyr29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick483
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast7
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2228
League of Legends
• Stunt451
Other Games
• Shiphtur368
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
3h 46m
Patches Events
8h 46m
The PondCast
1d 2h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.