• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:21
CEST 16:21
KST 23:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8961 users

Pokemon X and Y [3DS] - Page 197

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 195 196 197 198 199 200 Next
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9829 Posts
August 14 2014 04:52 GMT
#3921
If you want to blaze through the storyline, just blaze through with the lucario you're given. The postgame content is fairly minimal, so unless you mean to play competitively and/or breed there's not much left after. Battle mansion is ok but becomes quite gimmicky very quickly.
boomer hands
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
August 14 2014 09:48 GMT
#3922
Pick Chespin
Catch bunnelby
Trade bunnelby for Quacklin
Give Quacklin sword dance
Beat 1st gym
Catch Hawlucha
Beat 2nd gym with Hawlucha
get free Lucario
Get lucky egg for lucario
beat game easy
cekkmt
Profile Joined November 2010
United States352 Posts
August 14 2014 15:31 GMT
#3923
Does anyone here have a Yveltal they wouldn't mind trading. I'm trying to finish the pokedex. I don't really care about nature or IVs. I can offer almost any Pokemon. (excluding fifth gen legendaries)
Spyridon
Profile Joined April 2010
United States997 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-14 20:47:52
August 14 2014 20:47 GMT
#3924
On August 14 2014 18:48 Drazerk wrote:
Pick Chespin
Catch bunnelby
Trade bunnelby for Quacklin
Give Quacklin sword dance
Beat 1st gym
Catch Hawlucha
Beat 2nd gym with Hawlucha
get free Lucario
Get lucky egg for lucario
beat game easy


Question...

Once you got a good base pokemon, what should be the next goal?

Should I bring him in to .... (forgot the name I am at work... that minigame where you can shoot the balls at the enemies to raise their stats... Super Training)? Or should I just fight opponents to level him up? Dont know if super training matters much or not in the long run really, or if it should be the "first" thing you do with new pokemon?

Basically I don't know the best way to min/max a decent pokemon and need to know that.

And more specifically.... if I do the Lucario method suggested... what should I focus on him?

(Edit: Also, does those other minigames relaly matter? Where you feed them or w/e?)
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9829 Posts
August 15 2014 00:08 GMT
#3925
The training minigames are for EVs, which really won't matter unless you're playing competitive since you can roll the singleplayer with anything high leveled. EVs make up fractions of stat points each until you're so high leveled it doesn't matter. Amie is for affection, which isn't necessary and is probably a waste of time unless you find it enjoyable.

Basically the method is to give lucky egg (which increases xp per battle) to lucario, unload a good variety of moves on it, and kill everything standing between you and the hall of fame. Check your nature if you don't know if your lucario is weak in physical moves or special, but honestly it doesn't matter, especially if you're fighting most of the trainers on the way.
boomer hands
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-16 23:29:11
August 16 2014 22:12 GMT
#3926
Hey! I decided I'd restart playing Pokemon X and wanna do something different. I'm gonna do a mono poison play through.

Was hoping someone on TL could give me a Skrelp. Any random IV/Natured Skrelp will do. I'll be on for the next hour ish (4:11pm mountain time right now)

edit not on anymore
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-17 19:55:29
August 17 2014 19:54 GMT
#3927
I just spent the better part of the day transferring all the Pokémon I've gathered over the course of 11 years to my Pokémon Y for no apparent reason other than the fact that having 5 PC boxes full of every half-decent or rare bastard you can think of is extremely satisfying. Digging through boxes in search of my half-forgotten Pokémon Ruby and Emerald cartridges? Check. Going through the tedious and stupid minigames (+"glitches") required to send Pokémon from Gen III to Gen VI? Check. The best part is that I feel like the time was well spent. Damn nostalgia.

Also, if anyone still plays and wants to do stuff (I have perfect torchics and shinies and whatnot), my friend code is 2294 4354 0127
AdministratorBreak the chains
Onekobold
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
244 Posts
August 17 2014 20:41 GMT
#3928
--- Nuked ---
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
August 18 2014 02:34 GMT
#3929
omg is park sejun the next bonjwa?!??!
Commentator
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
August 18 2014 06:43 GMT
#3930
that pachirisu!
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9829 Posts
August 18 2014 12:17 GMT
#3931
This is obviously what i got my shiny pachirisu all those months ago for!
boomer hands
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51621 Posts
August 22 2014 14:35 GMT
#3932
anyone tried a wonderlocke run yet?

when my bro is done with his first run of the game I'm gonna do a wonderlocke, just hope I don't end up with 6 bibarels.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
August 22 2014 14:44 GMT
#3933
I did, got to near the end but ended up getting distracted by other shiny things. Should probally finish the game at some point.

I also made a rule of no duplicate pokemon, so no 6 bibarels. I ended up getting some pretty good pokemon. The main issue is the leves, you need to create some rules about that as well, getting a lvl 40+ is obviously a bit silly.

In my case I also did the rule where a fainted pokemon needed to be wondertraded and no EXP.SHARE, so getting a lvl 5 if you lose a pokemon near the end can also be fairly boring. If you just trade your first 6 and keep that party the whole game, odds are you get something that can carry you through the game.
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51621 Posts
August 28 2014 16:48 GMT
#3934
I'd like to get all the mega stones but i only have pokemon Y, so no tyranitarite or Charizardite X etc.... anyone willing to make some trades PM me, or post here.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Beavo
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada293 Posts
September 03 2014 00:26 GMT
#3935
Any one willing to trade me any Feebas?
No one remembers second place
Rho_
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States971 Posts
September 03 2014 02:48 GMT
#3936
Is there anyway to save your stuff before you do a Wonderlocke?
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-03 02:50:45
September 03 2014 02:50 GMT
#3937
Getting a Pokebank subscription and dumping everything there should do it. You lose items though
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
Beavo
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada293 Posts
September 03 2014 17:16 GMT
#3938
What do you guys think of this team I am making. I am not a competative pokemon player but I am starting to learn. I am trying not to use anyone super OP.

Blazakin (Adament)
Milotic (Bold)
Scizor (Adament)
Tyranitar (Adament)
Dragonite (Adament)

Not sure who else to go for really. Any one else out there thats super under rated?
No one remembers second place
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
September 03 2014 17:21 GMT
#3939
On September 04 2014 02:16 Beavo wrote:
What do you guys think of this team I am making. I am not a competative pokemon player but I am starting to learn. I am trying not to use anyone super OP.

Blazakin (Adament)
Milotic (Bold)
Scizor (Adament)
Tyranitar (Adament)
Dragonite (Adament)

Not sure who else to go for really. Any one else out there thats super under rated?


If you're trying not to use anyone super OP, then Blaziken is a bad choice. That's pretty much the best pokemon in the game.
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
Beavo
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada293 Posts
September 03 2014 17:30 GMT
#3940
On September 04 2014 02:21 Terranasaur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 02:16 Beavo wrote:
What do you guys think of this team I am making. I am not a competative pokemon player but I am starting to learn. I am trying not to use anyone super OP.

Blazakin (Adament)
Milotic (Bold)
Scizor (Adament)
Tyranitar (Adament)
Dragonite (Adament)

Not sure who else to go for really. Any one else out there thats super under rated?


If you're trying not to use anyone super OP, then Blaziken is a bad choice. That's pretty much the best pokemon in the game.


really hes not listed once on all the lists and the competative stats I looked up?
No one remembers second place
Prev 1 195 196 197 198 199 200 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech125
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5536
Bisu 3045
Soulkey 1209
Jaedong 1023
Horang2 616
EffOrt 571
Mini 403
actioN 362
Larva 326
ZerO 247
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 236
Mind 95
Pusan 85
Sea.KH 78
Shinee 76
Sharp 76
hero 72
Dewaltoss 67
Snow 62
Hyun 56
sorry 52
Barracks 44
Bale 44
ToSsGirL 35
Sacsri 22
scan(afreeca) 18
Trap 18
NaDa 15
Rock 14
Terrorterran 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
zelot 8
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4835
qojqva2970
Dendi1081
Counter-Strike
Fnx 572
fl0m0
Other Games
olofmeister1222
hiko938
B2W.Neo753
Lowko349
crisheroes270
DeMusliM265
Pyrionflax216
XBOCT198
Hui .192
Livibee165
Liquid`VortiX152
QueenE86
Mew2King46
Liquid`RaSZi35
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1083
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV649
League of Legends
• Nemesis2507
• Jankos1995
Other Games
• Shiphtur151
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 40m
Patches Events
1d 1h
The PondCast
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.