• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:14
CEST 17:14
KST 00:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8580 users

Guild Wars 2: Europe - Page 29

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 93 Next
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
April 15 2012 00:00 GMT
#561
On April 15 2012 08:57 Valashu wrote:
Pantythief, your smileys scare me

Sinii, nice to see Devs that are actually good at their game.


Smilies are cool.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9592 Posts
April 15 2012 10:37 GMT
#562
Hey guys I was wonder if you could help me to clarify some things:
On amazon.co.uk I can buy Guild Wars 2: Pre-purchase Standard Edition. Now what does that actually mean?
When I go to the GW2 site it says only the deluxe edition gets bonus items like the elite wolf skill etc.
So why is it listed in that amazon.co.uk standard edition? Also, is it only for the beta or is it for the actual game also?

Amazon also says that it will only ship me a box with a code inside to access the beta stuff. How will I get the actual game then? Am I buying only beta access or will I be able to just "upgrade" the beta-client into a retail one digitally free of charge or with another small payment?

I would also like a physical copy of the game. I love having discs and boxes instead of digital copies. Makes me feel secure.
Do you think I'll be able to buy a physical deluxe copy with the extra bonuses on release day? Will there even be a physical copy released for GW2?

Sorry for these questions, but I'm really confused. ^^;
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
yellu
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria33 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-15 10:50:20
April 15 2012 10:48 GMT
#563
On April 15 2012 19:37 Latham wrote:
Hey guys I was wonder if you could help me to clarify some things:
On amazon.co.uk I can buy Guild Wars 2: Pre-purchase Standard Edition. Now what does that actually mean?
When I go to the GW2 site it says only the deluxe edition gets bonus items like the elite wolf skill etc.
So why is it listed in that amazon.co.uk standard edition? Also, is it only for the beta or is it for the actual game also?

Amazon also says that it will only ship me a box with a code inside to access the beta stuff. How will I get the actual game then? Am I buying only beta access or will I be able to just "upgrade" the beta-client into a retail one digitally free of charge or with another small payment?

I would also like a physical copy of the game. I love having discs and boxes instead of digital copies. Makes me feel secure.
Do you think I'll be able to buy a physical deluxe copy with the extra bonuses on release day? Will there even be a physical copy released for GW2?

Sorry for these questions, but I'm really confused. ^^;


If you pre-purchase the standard version you get an bonus item, 3 day head start and Beta-Access, the deluexe version will get you the wolf skill etc.

The amazon offer will get you beta access ( you need to download the client) and after release they will send you the physical copy.

I would recommend you to buy the standard digital version from the GW2 site directly. They will send you a code per e-mail, the game itself will be downloadable (in about a week i guess).

If you intend to buy the physical copy on release date, i doubt that you will get the bonus stuff,. since its pre-purchase only.
Roflhaxx
Profile Joined April 2010
Korea (South)1244 Posts
April 15 2012 11:03 GMT
#564
On April 15 2012 19:48 yellu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 19:37 Latham wrote:
Hey guys I was wonder if you could help me to clarify some things:
On amazon.co.uk I can buy Guild Wars 2: Pre-purchase Standard Edition. Now what does that actually mean?
When I go to the GW2 site it says only the deluxe edition gets bonus items like the elite wolf skill etc.
So why is it listed in that amazon.co.uk standard edition? Also, is it only for the beta or is it for the actual game also?

Amazon also says that it will only ship me a box with a code inside to access the beta stuff. How will I get the actual game then? Am I buying only beta access or will I be able to just "upgrade" the beta-client into a retail one digitally free of charge or with another small payment?

I would also like a physical copy of the game. I love having discs and boxes instead of digital copies. Makes me feel secure.
Do you think I'll be able to buy a physical deluxe copy with the extra bonuses on release day? Will there even be a physical copy released for GW2?

Sorry for these questions, but I'm really confused. ^^;


If you pre-purchase the standard version you get an bonus item, 3 day head start and Beta-Access, the deluexe version will get you the wolf skill etc.

The amazon offer will get you beta access ( you need to download the client) and after release they will send you the physical copy.

I would recommend you to buy the standard digital version from the GW2 site directly. They will send you a code per e-mail, the game itself will be downloadable (in about a week i guess).

If you intend to buy the physical copy on release date, i doubt that you will get the bonus stuff,. since its pre-purchase only.

You do NOT need to buy from gw2 site, as it is overpriced. You can however just buy from one of their listed official retailers so that you are 100% certain that you get beta and all that.
A game where the first thing you do is scout with a “worker”. Does that make any sense? Who scouts with a “worker”? That’s like sending out the janitor to perform recon, what general would do that? Retarded game.
Valashu
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands561 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-15 11:06:14
April 15 2012 11:05 GMT
#565
Many people assume that you need to buy from Anet directly to be eligable for beta access.
I could have saved 10 bucks by buying from a local retailer!
The superior pilot uses his superior judgement to avoid exercising his superior skill.
Cloudsong
Profile Joined October 2010
Luxembourg69 Posts
April 15 2012 11:07 GMT
#566
sounds great, will think about it
GG
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
April 15 2012 11:47 GMT
#567
On April 15 2012 19:37 Latham wrote:
Hey guys I was wonder if you could help me to clarify some things:
On amazon.co.uk I can buy Guild Wars 2: Pre-purchase Standard Edition. Now what does that actually mean?
When I go to the GW2 site it says only the deluxe edition gets bonus items like the elite wolf skill etc.
So why is it listed in that amazon.co.uk standard edition? Also, is it only for the beta or is it for the actual game also?

Amazon also says that it will only ship me a box with a code inside to access the beta stuff. How will I get the actual game then? Am I buying only beta access or will I be able to just "upgrade" the beta-client into a retail one digitally free of charge or with another small payment?

I would also like a physical copy of the game. I love having discs and boxes instead of digital copies. Makes me feel secure.
Do you think I'll be able to buy a physical deluxe copy with the extra bonuses on release day? Will there even be a physical copy released for GW2?

Sorry for these questions, but I'm really confused. ^^;


I apologize for what gentlemen have stated above.

If you buy from Amazon.com you'll not get beta-access, I'm afraid.

If you preordered GW2 at Amazon, you did not pay in full. Amazon only charges on delivery. So it does not qualify as pre-purchase. ^MK


afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
April 15 2012 16:34 GMT
#568
This recent poll on Reddit/r/guildwars2 shows an interesting break down of almost 6000 voters' race, profession and preorder choices. I'll link the full thing below, but quote the top stats here:

Argh! Just spent about 30 mins trying to format all the data in to BB Code tables, only to realize that there's no support for them here. (coulda spend that time farming Luxon points, lol)

+ Show Spoiler [Which Version Did You Buy?] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [What Race Will You Play?] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [What Profession Will You Play?] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Top 10 Race/Profession Combinations] +
[image loading]


Here's the original post.
rivurivurivurivu
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden140 Posts
April 15 2012 17:38 GMT
#569
On April 16 2012 01:34 jtype wrote:
This recent poll on Reddit/r/guildwars2 shows an interesting break down of almost 6000 voters' race, profession and preorder choices. I'll link the full thing below, but quote the top stats here:
Here's the original post.


Elementalist looks sweet, its a refreshing gameplay for all the mage class lovers. doesnt surprise me that ppl love it.

Im between Warr, Eng or Ranger. Want to see the pet AI fixed first
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
April 15 2012 19:35 GMT
#570
Yea I agree. Also, considering the massive range of spells at your disposal, at first glance it would appear to be the most versatile. In practice we'll have to see, though..
IMABUNNEH
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1062 Posts
April 15 2012 22:15 GMT
#571
I think Elementalist might be overpowered for a while in the game (that tornado ulti can pretty much perma disable someone in pvp).

Regardless, I'm going Mesmer. I was Mesmer in GW1, and love the look of this one even more. Something a bit unique and different that will probably require a fairly high skill cap (I hope) in comparison to some of the other classes.
"I think...now? No rival. Me world champion. Yeah. None rival." - oGsMC
Frail
Profile Joined October 2010
Iceland336 Posts
April 15 2012 22:26 GMT
#572
I want beta

Anyone know anything about anything? :D
Whargarbl
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
April 15 2012 22:33 GMT
#573
On April 16 2012 07:26 Frail wrote:
I want beta

Anyone know anything about anything? :D


Well, the rumours are pointing towards the 20th of this month, but you'll need to preorder to guarantee access to it.
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-16 02:21:39
April 16 2012 02:17 GMT
#574
Ok, Factions complete! Only Prophecies left now.

Just did my first Vanquish in the Archipelagos, which was pretty satisfying to complete actually. Took quite a while though as it was my first experience of hard mode and I didn't really pull that carefully at all. Need to be a bit more patient, I think.

Trying to get my Luxon points to round numbers so I can redeem it and get it close to zero, so I can go over and start on the Kurzick missions without wasting points. I just had a look at how much the Elite Luxon armor would cost me and it looks like it's quite a bit more than 100k. Jadeite Shards alone are selling for ~1plat each right now and I'll need 80 for the full set, plus the 75plat to craft it. And the other mats on top.... It's gonna end up closer to 200k I think. Unless I can farm all the Jadeite myself. I don't think there's really anything better to spend my faction points on I guess. I have to redeem 100k of Luxon points anyway, so I can get Summon Spirits, so maybe I'll try to do that first and then see how much Jadeite I've accumulated.

Either way. Factions was pretty good fun. Not quite as epic - story-wise - as Nightfall, but that's to be expected, I guess. The locations are pretty awesome though. Love the look of the Jade Sea area and all the architecture on Shing Jea Island. The last mission was a bit hard since I have no stance breaking skills (are there any for the Rit? I can't find any.) and my heroes weren't really built for it either. Ended up just swapping out all my heroes for warrior/necro henchmen and keeping one monk hero. Got lucky after a few tries and got masters. Felt pretty cheesy to do it that way, but still...
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
April 16 2012 02:46 GMT
#575
On April 16 2012 07:15 IMABUNNEH wrote:
I think Elementalist might be overpowered for a while in the game (that tornado ulti can pretty much perma disable someone in pvp).

Regardless, I'm going Mesmer. I was Mesmer in GW1, and love the look of this one even more. Something a bit unique and different that will probably require a fairly high skill cap (I hope) in comparison to some of the other classes.

Problem with Mesmer was that in GW1 it was more of a PvP class. I'm not for once saying that it was completely useless in PvE, but in comparison to other classes, it was more of a PvP flavoured class simply because monsters aren't humans and do not react in the same way to getting pressured by interrupts etc. I am definitely curious as to what their role will be in GW2.

Other than Mesmer I'm definitely looking at Necromancer and also have an eye on Elementalist as my third choice.
Moderator
rivurivurivurivu
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden140 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-16 07:12:27
April 16 2012 07:09 GMT
#576
On April 16 2012 11:17 jtype wrote:
Ok, Factions complete! Only Prophecies left now.
Either way. Factions was pretty good fun. Not quite as epic - story-wise - as Nightfall


gz
yep my bad, more than 100k i hope i had the time to farm more to get 1 or 2 points more in my HoM.

Nighfall was my favorite by far, the only thing that i hated was kormir. that &%¤.!"#
+ Show Spoiler +
I killed the dark god that was going to destroy the world etc etc and at the end who became 1 of the human gods ? me ? noooooooooooooooooo, that &%¤#" Kormir that just standed there with his spear watching how my whole party wiped by hordes of demons and horrible things... dam she even watched, i think she is blind!!!

.....i feel better now...


dont forget to get that phoenix at the final map of factions.

you are doing great. keep playing
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
April 16 2012 07:32 GMT
#577
On April 16 2012 07:33 jtype wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 07:26 Frail wrote:
I want beta

Anyone know anything about anything? :D


Well, the rumours are pointing towards the 20th of this month, but you'll need to preorder to guarantee access to it.

Personally, I don't think 20th is likely, reason being that I don't think they are ready. My reasons:
1. Still no mail about client download. They need to do this way ahead of time because a lot of people lack the broadband to get the client quickly, and I doubt they want the amount of hate they would get if they release the client just the day before.
2. Their forums are STILL down, getting a horrible error when trying to log in.

They said end of this month, so I personally think 27th is the most likely date.
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5713 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-16 07:34:14
April 16 2012 07:33 GMT
#578
On April 16 2012 16:32 Tobberoth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2012 07:33 jtype wrote:
On April 16 2012 07:26 Frail wrote:
I want beta

Anyone know anything about anything? :D


Well, the rumours are pointing towards the 20th of this month, but you'll need to preorder to guarantee access to it.

Personally, I don't think 20th is likely, reason being that I don't think they are ready. My reasons:
1. Still no mail about client download. They need to do this way ahead of time because a lot of people lack the broadband to get the client quickly, and I doubt they want the amount of hate they would get if they release the client just the day before.
2. Their forums are STILL down, getting a horrible error when trying to log in.

They said end of this month, so I personally think 27th is the most likely date.


Last beta event they gave you 2-3days time to download the client. But you knew it was coming a week ahead.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
April 16 2012 07:49 GMT
#579
Does anyone know the release date of GW2?

Im moving to sri lanka in may and im wondering if i should pre-order it digitally for the beta access or just leave the money for family to buy and ship it to me. (which would be cheaper xD) This is just because of exchange rates between UK-SL..

Basically i'll be setup mid-june, will i have preordered for early access i wont get? ^_^
Useless wet fish.
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5713 Posts
April 16 2012 08:13 GMT
#580
On April 16 2012 16:49 Capped wrote:
Does anyone know the release date of GW2?

Im moving to sri lanka in may and im wondering if i should pre-order it digitally for the beta access or just leave the money for family to buy and ship it to me. (which would be cheaper xD) This is just because of exchange rates between UK-SL..

Basically i'll be setup mid-june, will i have preordered for early access i wont get? ^_^


Release date is not known yet. Best we have is educated guesses and rumors floating around for maybe late july.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 93 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem186
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 186
Railgan 89
trigger 46
IndyStarCraft 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 52791
Shuttle 8678
BeSt 758
Horang2 493
actioN 235
Larva 201
Sexy 187
ggaemo 138
Soma 137
Last 117
[ Show more ]
Mind 95
Zeus 79
Sea.KH 60
hero 58
Hyun 54
Killer 47
Aegong 46
ToSsGirL 28
Bale 24
PianO 22
Rock 19
NaDa 12
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5056
qojqva2655
Dendi1432
420jenkins476
Fuzer 106
Counter-Strike
fl0m3347
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1177
Liquid`Hasu817
MindelVK3
Other Games
B2W.Neo968
singsing713
Beastyqt609
Mlord472
byalli378
ArmadaUGS212
Livibee211
Hui .192
KnowMe123
QueenE68
Mew2King52
CosmosSc2 30
Chillindude20
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick796
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream60
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 53
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2947
League of Legends
• Nemesis2803
Other Games
• WagamamaTV218
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 46m
Replay Cast
7h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 46m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
19h 46m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 19h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.