• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:50
CEST 00:50
KST 07:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9545 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 60

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 698 Next
nexitustl1
Profile Joined December 2010
156 Posts
September 07 2011 07:08 GMT
#1181
On September 07 2011 15:43 Torte de Lini wrote:
Kane & Lynch is terrible.
I tested the first one, the second one improves from terrible to mediocre.

thx for the input i saw the 5$ and i was about to pull the trigger on it. i think you just saved me from another steam purchase full of regret.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 07 2011 07:11 GMT
#1182
I have my retail box of K&L 2 still.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
September 07 2011 07:24 GMT
#1183
You know I 'tested' Far Cry 2 when it came out and gave up about half way though it. I bought it during one of the sales (farcry pack was like 5 bucks) and I still haven't managed to get through more than half of it.

It's like a meal someone worked really hard on but every step they stopped and added another foul ingredient to the mix.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 07 2011 07:25 GMT
#1184
I tested K&L when it was in alpha to beta and launch. Q&A Testing Consultant 4 years ago.

Not nearly as bad as testing The Simpsons game
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
September 07 2011 07:38 GMT
#1185
Oh. I thought you were being cute and edging around saying pirated it. Neeevermind then!
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 07 2011 07:39 GMT
#1186
LOOOOOL

I should considering using that term though, interesting :B It kinda is like testing.

Like how I tested From Dust was glad I didn't preorder.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
September 07 2011 08:01 GMT
#1187
I liked from dust.
Am I just in denial? Maybe.

Really I just miss populous :3
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
September 07 2011 08:32 GMT
#1188
well come on, the first kane & lynch wasn't so bad? I actually played through that after someone gifted it to me on christmas i believe. That doesn't happen often for shooters, just not my kind of genre.. i never tried the second part though, so i can't comment on that one.


also .. i miss missing populus haha ^^ i stumbled across a "test version" recently which i to date have not touched. i keep it so i can try it when i'm bored some time soon (as if that's gonna happen .. i had four or five job offers for next semester now and i still have to do the actual semester which largely will constist of my master thesis, i'm never going to get bored ever again at that rate). But i'm a little afraid i won't have the fun i had when i first played it several years ago.

well, we'll see.
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-07 17:07:46
September 07 2011 14:27 GMT
#1189
Well, "testing" games is a reasonable motivation, imho. I do it when I feel really interested, but not sure. Throwing money into useless shitty thing isn't an option for me.

I bought Amnesia instantly after I "tested it thoroughly". And completed it more than 7 times since then. And other games as well.

My last buy was Deus Ex, I couldn't wait to "test" it. So... I crossed my fingers and bought it and damn I'm happy. Completed it only this morning. Really, really good game on all fronts except graphics and character animations. Everything else is just excellent, story, voice acting, music, atmosphere, combat, skill leveling/choice, achievements are fun and basically half of them are hidden (24 out of 49).

I do recommend this game, it is worth teh full price and it's not a one timer. You could want to experience it again just because of atmosphere and I'm not talking about hidden achievements (you can get most of them in the first playthrough), gameplay and different choices/approach to situations.

P.S. By the way, I completed Fallout 3 GoTY with 110 hours played, enjoyed it a lot. "Tested" New Vegas a bit and didn't like it really that much, so thanks for advice guys

Just so you know Deus Ex took me 50+ hours, I'm a very meticulous player so I try to check everything I can
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
September 08 2011 19:28 GMT
#1190
all the need for speed stuff is on sale over the weekend, 50 to 75% according to the front page.

Civ V is also down 75% making it 13€. There were quite a lot people who were fond of this game on the last poll.
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
September 09 2011 19:17 GMT
#1191
Yeah, NFS weekend (meh, tbh) - http://store.steampowered.com/sale/needforspeedweekend
incinerate_
Profile Joined October 2010
172 Posts
September 09 2011 20:03 GMT
#1192
About that Civ 5 sale, would you guys recommend investing the extra 1,25€ for the bonus babylonians or not? I don't think I am interested in the other content...
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
September 10 2011 04:06 GMT
#1193
I suggest you wait for Civ IV to go on sale again. All the DLC for Civ V is a scam and the way the game changed was a big letdown. If you're intent on playing Civ V I won't say it's a bad game, but it had a huge name to live up to and it fell short as far as I'm concerned.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Lyter
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United Kingdom2145 Posts
September 10 2011 04:18 GMT
#1194
Civ V was looking super promising until I actually got my hands on it, some things were improved upon, but mostly it was just a dumbed down version of IV imho, like changing things like happyness to empire-wide from per-city is just stupid, makes no sense and doesn't work.
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
September 10 2011 04:56 GMT
#1195
Don't worry. There are a hella lot of mods out for vania civ V and they make the game worth it.

Fall from heaven is worth 7 games on its own. can't even lie on that one best mod ever seen.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
Goldfish
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
September 10 2011 07:48 GMT
#1196
On September 10 2011 13:56 sermokala wrote:
Don't worry. There are a hella lot of mods out for vania civ V and they make the game worth it.


Yep - The good thing is that they still support mods.

So if you don't mind looking for and downloading mods then Civ 5 might not be a bad investment (especially since it's on sale).

Only problem is that it may be a bit laggy.
https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsServerFeedback/feedback/details/741495/biggest-explorer-annoyance-automatic-sorting-windows-7-server-2008-r2-and-vista#details Allow Disable Auto Arrange in Windows 7+
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 10 2011 20:44 GMT
#1197
I've never played a single Civ, so I'm thinking of getting Civ V, but how are the DLCs a scam? Do they not add more civilizations to play with in the multiplayer like AOE2?

I'm looking for a game for about 3-4 of us guys to play. We like strategy games and was hugely addicted to AOE2 more for the allying/neutrality/negotiation and strategy talk than the actual RTS.

I know Civ is a turn-based strategy game, but does it have that same strategy fashion that I'm speaking of? Not sure if I'm being clear at all ):

Never played a Civ game at all, so my expectations are nil.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
September 10 2011 22:44 GMT
#1198
The DLC for Civ V should be free content is why I think it's a scam. It's essentially small useless things to penny and dime people for absolutely no reason. There's huge modding communities behind the Civ franchise anyways so a simple google will reward you with anything you could want in the first place.

I still stand by Civ IV as the one to buy, although you'd want to wait for it to go on sale again. I'd pick up Civ V for 75% off before dropping $30 on Civ IV if you're in a hurry, but if you can be patient it will be rewarded.

I'm not familiar with any AoE2 allying/negotiation so I can't really help you there.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 10 2011 23:05 GMT
#1199
It was all out of game, it was just talking in secret and plotting and such.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
freddievercetti
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
224 Posts
September 10 2011 23:40 GMT
#1200
If you've never played a Civ series game before, I think Civ 5 should be ok and good fun.
On the other hand, if you've played the series from the beginning or had previous experience with 1/2/3/4, 5 is going to seem like a lot of BS with the various DLCs and dumbed down mechanics, or so I've heard from all the complaints about it gameplay-wise. I've only played 1/2/4 but not 5 (due to bad rep with bugs/memory leak/increasing turn times as game goes on at release).
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O182
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft353
Nina 128
ViBE72
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14984
ZZZero.O 182
firebathero 105
Hyuk 65
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm150
febbydoto70
League of Legends
Doublelift4000
Counter-Strike
Fnx 954
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5666
Other Games
summit1g8255
FrodaN2323
JimRising 455
mouzStarbuck440
KnowMe265
ArmadaUGS132
Mew2King53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1164
BasetradeTV199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream108
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 86
• musti20045 34
• Letter1411
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie787
• Shiphtur217
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 10m
INu's Battles
13h 10m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
16h 10m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 10m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 17h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.