• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:12
CEST 23:12
KST 06:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8545 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 61

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 698 Next
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
September 11 2011 02:52 GMT
#1201
On September 11 2011 08:05 Torte de Lini wrote:
It was all out of game, it was just talking in secret and plotting and such.


Well playing Civ online has always been a nightmare since games last for hours and you can't really plot with the AI ^_^
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-11 03:44:07
September 11 2011 03:43 GMT
#1202
ONLINE VS OTHER PEOPLE
WITH FRIENDS
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 11 2011 19:38 GMT
#1203
Not sure if NFS is still on sale. But Hot Pursuit is the best of them all. It's Criterion's work like Burnout except harder and like the PS1's Hot Pursuit.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Kuror
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States399 Posts
September 11 2011 19:50 GMT
#1204
Is it possible to tell how long a sale lasts? I really want to buy Civ 5 but my paypal is empty and it takes like 4 days to add money to it :|
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 11 2011 19:51 GMT
#1205
Monday at 12 pst or 3 pst, don't recall.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Kuror
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States399 Posts
September 11 2011 19:53 GMT
#1206
On September 12 2011 04:51 Torte de Lini wrote:
Monday at 12 pst or 3 pst, don't recall.


Fack, so I need to find another way to buy it >_>
Jetaap
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France4814 Posts
September 11 2011 20:00 GMT
#1207
Steam is a great server, but games are so overpriced in europe, I was trying to buy warhammer space marines, it was at 49 euros on steam, I went to amazon and it was 35 euros >_<. I really don't understand why there is such a difference, is it the same in the US, or do people only buy game from steam when they are on special sales?
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 11 2011 20:13 GMT
#1208
I onl buy when on saqle
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Firesilver
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom1190 Posts
September 11 2011 20:22 GMT
#1209
On September 12 2011 05:00 Jetaap wrote:
Steam is a great server, but games are so overpriced in europe, I was trying to buy warhammer space marines, it was at 49 euros on steam, I went to amazon and it was 35 euros >_<. I really don't understand why there is such a difference, is it the same in the US, or do people only buy game from steam when they are on special sales?


Just had a quick look and on steam in the US it's showing as a shocking $89.99, so compared to them I don't think we're that bad on prices.

However, if you really do want some of these new games I would definitely recommend checking around as amazon, play.com etc. EU based sites do sell for quite alot cheaper and the delivery isn't too bad in most cases.

Caster at IMBA.tv -- www.twitter.com/IMBAFiresilver -- www.youtube.com/FiresilverTV
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 11 2011 22:47 GMT
#1210
I bought Civ V with no DLCs, here's hoping its good.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
iKill[ShocK]
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Vietnam3530 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-11 22:54:28
September 11 2011 22:54 GMT
#1211
On September 12 2011 05:22 Firesilver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2011 05:00 Jetaap wrote:
Steam is a great server, but games are so overpriced in europe, I was trying to buy warhammer space marines, it was at 49 euros on steam, I went to amazon and it was 35 euros >_<. I really don't understand why there is such a difference, is it the same in the US, or do people only buy game from steam when they are on special sales?


Just had a quick look and on steam in the US it's showing as a shocking $89.99, so compared to them I don't think we're that bad on prices.

However, if you really do want some of these new games I would definitely recommend checking around as amazon, play.com etc. EU based sites do sell for quite alot cheaper and the delivery isn't too bad in most cases.




what? space marine is 49.99 $ usd here...
<3 Kim Taeyeon
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-12 01:05:43
September 12 2011 01:05 GMT
#1212
On September 12 2011 04:51 Torte de Lini wrote:
Monday at 12 pst or 3 pst, don't recall.


17:00 GMT (+00:00) actually, which you probably think is 10 PST ^_^
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Goldfish
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-12 02:36:52
September 12 2011 02:36 GMT
#1213
On September 11 2011 07:44 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
The DLC for Civ V should be free content is why I think it's a scam. It's essentially small useless things to penny and dime people for absolutely no reason. There's huge modding communities behind the Civ franchise anyways so a simple google will reward you with anything you could want in the first place.

I still stand by Civ IV as the one to buy, although you'd want to wait for it to go on sale again. I'd pick up Civ V for 75% off before dropping $30 on Civ IV if you're in a hurry, but if you can be patient it will be rewarded.

I'm not familiar with any AoE2 allying/negotiation so I can't really help you there.


I somewhat disagree.

Long post about me defending DLC
+ Show Spoiler +

If people want to pay for DLC, then go ahead. It supports the developer/publishers (of course it may not matter if they're rich) and may bring more games in the future. It can be considered a scam to people who do not know modding community but if they're willing to pay for it, I say they should go for it.

Also as long as they're not preventing (or that is making it hard to mod) modding at all like other games then it'd good.

As for DLC in other games - It's debatable and it can be sometimes be compared to expansion packs in the past.

Anyway the reason I defend DLC is that it has the potential to add things that may people may want and are willing to pay for it but aren't able to obtain it in the base game (usually of course they're games with no modding support such as console exclusive games >.<). Personally I like several games and keep playing them and wouldn't mind such DLC.

As for providing DLC for free? I say it's better to provide an opportunity for the player to purchase extra content they may like than the developer not caring and not providing anything free or at a cost at all. Some people really like certain games and just play those games so they wouldn't mind paying for extra stuff for their favorite games.

The point of my post is that not all things related DLC is simply stuff that was cut from the game and are packaged separately just to increase profits, sometimes they are genuinely additions made after the game was finalized and they want to make extra money while being able to provide extra content players may want.


As for Civilization 5? Yeah they changed things but about DLC in general, I don't think it's a big deal or an "evil" move for a company to start moving onto paid DLC stuff. Again as long as the final game itself doesn't feel like it's missing anything and/or the developers didn't intentionally do anything to prevent modding then I say DLC is okay.
https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsServerFeedback/feedback/details/741495/biggest-explorer-annoyance-automatic-sorting-windows-7-server-2008-r2-and-vista#details Allow Disable Auto Arrange in Windows 7+
Dr. ROCKZO
Profile Joined May 2010
New Zealand396 Posts
September 14 2011 04:28 GMT
#1214
Magic the Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 is on sale, half price. Should I do it? I've played the card game a few times, and got quite serious with Yugioh, but I don't know if I have the time to truly learn this thing, especially with other multiplayer games around.
or something
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
September 14 2011 04:35 GMT
#1215
On September 14 2011 13:28 Dr. ROCKZO wrote:
Magic the Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 is on sale, half price. Should I do it? I've played the card game a few times, and got quite serious with Yugioh, but I don't know if I have the time to truly learn this thing, especially with other multiplayer games around.

I know nothing about the computer game. However, if you look on Steam you can see that an expansion is being released for it in ~17 hours. Also, you may want to check out the complete package rather than just the game. (Includes "foil" packs. Probably booster packs for whatever set it is)
crate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States2474 Posts
September 14 2011 08:29 GMT
#1216
Duels of the Planeswalkers sucks. There's no real deck construction, the UI is bad, the AI is pretty dumb (understandable because of how complicated MTG is) ... the only enjoyable part of the first game was the puzzles and nothing I've heard points at Duels 2011 being really any better. If you want to play MTG, play MTG. Or at least get the Microprose MTG computer game from 1995 or whenever, since it's enjoyable.
We did. You did. Yes we can. No. || http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/crate.html || twitch.tv/crate3333
RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-14 16:17:13
September 14 2011 16:14 GMT
#1217
Duels is ok if you want casually enjoy already pre-made decks. It's not a comparable thing to real MTG.

Basically, this is a casual variation - easy to learn and has less skill ceiling obviously, gets old fast but costs like nothing too.

Visually it's well made and pleasant to play.

P.S. Don't bother with ridiculous deck unlocks and foils... it's absurd. Just get vanilla game for 4 euros.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 14 2011 18:07 GMT
#1218
Okay, I'm addicted to Civ V, Already played for 24 hours in two days.

Just wish the game didn't take so long D:
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
September 14 2011 18:29 GMT
#1219
Hah I read the here's hoping its good post and was planning on extolling the virtues when I finished this page. Yeah man Civ is fucking goooood.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
September 16 2011 23:08 GMT
#1220
Portal currently free for grabs again, until September 20th.
I just grabbed mine since I missed the first few times.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Portal-Steam-FPS-Learn-With-Portals-Games-Education,13451.html
靈魂交響曲
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O107
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason140
BRAT_OK 46
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 937
ZZZero.O 107
Hyun 41
Bale 21
League of Legends
Doublelift3576
JimRising 464
Counter-Strike
Fnx 957
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6279
Other Games
summit1g8460
FrodaN3145
B2W.Neo625
ToD282
KnowMe243
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1499
BasetradeTV280
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 40
• musti20045 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• blackmanpl 14
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1369
• Shiphtur224
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 48m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 48m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
13h 48m
Monday Night Weeklies
18h 48m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 13h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.