• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:21
CEST 20:21
KST 03:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10939 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 58

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 698 Next
Adaptation
Profile Joined August 2004
Canada427 Posts
August 03 2011 06:39 GMT
#1141
75% off paradox interactive games

If you like WW2 grand strategic game, get Darkest hour(stand alone expansion of hearts of iron 2, which is much better then hearts of iron 3).

Darkest hour is sick. It's the grand daddy of massive scale world war game.
So i did a 9 pool on an island map, so what?
Adaptation
Profile Joined August 2004
Canada427 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-03 06:45:56
August 03 2011 06:45 GMT
#1142
On August 03 2011 06:13 Simberto wrote:
So, currently there is a paradox strategy pack, and every game on its own on sale on stream. I plan on grabbing 1 or 2 of the games, but not the complete pack. Any recommendations? I played some Hearts of Iron some time ago, so i probably won't go for that. Are some of the games outstandingly good or bad?


Darkest Hour is the best of Hearts of Iron. It's a standalone mod of Hearts of Iron 2.

Also get Europa Universalis3: Chronicles(the one with 4 expansions - napoleon's ambition, in nomine, Heir to the throne, Divine Wind), it is incredibly deep.

I would stay away from victoria/Crusader kings, as the first is too buggy and the second is too old.

edit: my bad for double post.
So i did a 9 pool on an island map, so what?
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
August 03 2011 09:18 GMT
#1143
That paradox strategy pack is such a ripoff. There was one during the Christmas sale that had so many more of their games. You're better off buying just one or two of those games anyway, since they're all practically the same thing.

That new Pirates of the Black Cove game looks pretty fun. I wonder when it will go on sale ^_^
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Vin{MBL}
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
5185 Posts
August 03 2011 17:33 GMT
#1144
Daily deal is Machinarium for $2.50!
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
August 03 2011 17:55 GMT
#1145
On August 04 2011 02:33 Vin{MBL} wrote:
Daily deal is Machinarium for $2.50!


Just get the Humble Bundle which comes with Machinarium,

https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
URfavHO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States514 Posts
August 04 2011 18:20 GMT
#1146
Doom and Quake sale for Quakecon

$24.99 USD Brink

$3.74 USD Kings Bounty

I am actually quite tempted to buy brink... I know it is rated terribly, but I recall watching JP's stream and it looked like it was fun. does anyone have any further insight for me?
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
August 04 2011 19:52 GMT
#1147
It's Brink free weekend. Try it yourself and see if you like it.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
URfavHO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States514 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-04 23:31:51
August 04 2011 19:55 GMT
#1148
downloading the demo now. I bought kings bounty and I am loading it up now.

edit: played abit of both.

King's bounty has a driver problem with ATI or AMD graphics cards. However, there are solutions. The game play itself feels very old school reminding me of games that I can't recall the name of(the ones where you walk around and then enter a turnbased battle field). It is a good time sink that I think will have good value considering the money to time played ratio that it could get. The big down side for me is that there is a lot of reading in this game.

Brink is very average and feels like Call of Duty with team work. I think I'll keep playing it over the weekend and just never play the game again. I'd purchase if it were under 10 USD; but anything over, and I would just feel like I'm getting scammed.
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
August 05 2011 13:38 GMT
#1149
QuakeCon Pack deal is live. Also, as mentioned above, Brink is free to play this weekend, so you might want to try it out first if you think of buying it.

Vote your recommendations in the OP!
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 21:16:19
August 05 2011 18:48 GMT
#1150
You can skip all the King's Bounty text if you don't care for the story. If you ever get lost just look at your quest guide and it'll tell you where to go (not that you can really get lost). The story is really good though so I don't see why'd you want to skip it ^_^ I've found it's far more effective to just wander around aimlessly though and explore every nook and cranny and do the quests as you run into them. If you get stuck just go into your quest list and find the one that gives the least amount of experience to get yourself to a new area to explore.

Oblivion and Morrowind are on sale today with all their DLC/expansion packs today for $15. If you've been living under a rock for the past decade and haven't heard of The Elder Scrolls you can't miss this opportunity to play these amazing games! If you've lost your disks it's a great time to pick them up again to get hyped for Skyrim regardless :0
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
crate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States2474 Posts
August 05 2011 18:54 GMT
#1151
GOTY Deluxe (which is the one in the package deal with Morrowind GOTY) includes all the DLC for Oblivion. The GOTY version includes only Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine (and the base game obviously).
We did. You did. Yes we can. No. || http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/crate.html || twitch.tv/crate3333
Am0n3r
Profile Joined April 2010
United States254 Posts
August 05 2011 19:14 GMT
#1152
On August 06 2011 03:48 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
You can skip all the King's Bounty text if you don't care for the story. If you ever get lost just look at your quest guide and it'll tell you where to go (not that you can really get lost). The story is really good though so I don't see why'd you want to skip it ^_^ I've found it's far more effective to just wander around aimlessly though and explore every nook and cranny and do the quests as you run into them. If you get stuck just go into your quest list and find the one that gives the least amount of experience to get yourself to a new area to explore.

Oblivion and Morrowind are on sale today with all(? Game of the Year edition means it includes everything I hope, I know it does for Morrowind) their DLC/expansion packs today for $15. If you've been living under a rock for the past decade and haven't heard of The Elder Scrolls you can't miss this opportunity to play these amazing games! If you've lost your disks it's a great time to pick them up again to get hyped for Skyrim regardless :0

Heroes of Might and Magic? Heroes 1-5?
Get comfortable being uncomfortable
freddievercetti
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
224 Posts
August 05 2011 19:34 GMT
#1153
I really hope 1C is going to make another King's Bounty, I thoroughly enjoyed playing through Armored Princess and Crossworlds, have yet to get on The Legend though I heard it is easier than the latter two.
ilion
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States65 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 20:20:37
August 05 2011 20:17 GMT
#1154
Elder Scrolls Pack on sale for $14.99. Includes IV: Oblivion, and III: Morrowind.

There's another package featuring a preorder for the new Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Both single-player role playing games are pretty highly reviewed. Would you guys recommend it? I think I will grab the $14.99 pack since I've heard a lot about the games.

EDIT: saw Blitzkreig's post just now. So Elder Scrolls III is GOTY edition, and Elder Scrolls IV is GOTY Delux.
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
August 06 2011 00:49 GMT
#1155
I am definitely buying that pack since I missed it during the summer sale.
GSaiyan
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada35 Posts
August 06 2011 01:14 GMT
#1156
I strongly suggest buying the Oblivion + Morrowind pack. Its definitely a steal for that price, and those two combined equal countless hours of game play + if they are modded, you can extend that number for as long as you want.
Vin{MBL}
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
5185 Posts
August 07 2011 17:07 GMT
#1157
so fallout 3 + all the DLC is $10, and fallout: new vegas (just the base game) is $10.

I'm probably only gonna get one, does anyone know which is the better deal?
Zerum
Profile Joined February 2008
Sweden348 Posts
August 07 2011 17:11 GMT
#1158
well now that NW runs better I really prefer that one over fallout3 but haven't played any of the DLC for ether.
Shivaz
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1783 Posts
August 07 2011 17:12 GMT
#1159
fallout3 + dlc is more content, unless you are going to finish everything without getting bored, vegas probably better buy just being more polished with some newer features + hardcore mode etc. but better deal in terms of pure content would be fallout3 + dlc.
RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-07 17:29:39
August 07 2011 17:27 GMT
#1160
Thanks, Shivaz. I just thought so, so I bought F3 GoTY.

You can always wait (if you're not sure or not in a hurry) for Steam X-mas sales. Last X-mas I got most of my list, everything AAA games. With more than 60 hours played for most of them.

On August 06 2011 04:34 freddievercetti wrote:
I really hope 1C is going to make another King's Bounty, I thoroughly enjoyed playing through Armored Princess and Crossworlds, have yet to get on The Legend though I heard it is easier than the latter two.


Get the Legend - obligatory. It's better than Crosswords/Armored Princess overall.

KB is a marvel. One of the best games, if not the best, in its genre.
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
Clem vs Harstem
Harstem490
IndyStarCraft 233
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 490
IndyStarCraft 233
Railgan 78
BRAT_OK 71
JuggernautJason62
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15344
BeSt 391
Mini 194
Soma 178
Dewaltoss 142
Mind 89
hero 63
Zeus 43
Hyun 40
ToSsGirL 24
[ Show more ]
NaDa 22
Bale 21
Rock 18
PianO 16
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4818
qojqva2703
420jenkins545
Counter-Strike
fl0m4371
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4967
Khaldor1275
Liquid`Hasu1059
MindelVK8
Other Games
FrodaN1735
B2W.Neo801
byalli414
Hui .265
QueenE74
Mew2King50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1158
BasetradeTV193
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream52
StarCraft 2
angryscii 17
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 36
• Reevou 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 48
• blackmanpl 19
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• niya90s 0
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4297
League of Legends
• Nemesis1867
Other Games
• imaqtpie764
• Shiphtur291
• WagamamaTV229
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
39m
BSL Open Qualifier
39m
Replay Cast
4h 39m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 39m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
16h 39m
Monday Night Weeklies
21h 39m
Replay Cast
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 16h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.