• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:36
CEST 04:36
KST 11:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9049 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 174

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 172 173 174 175 176 698 Next
Neurosis
Profile Joined October 2010
United States893 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-18 04:42:11
July 18 2012 04:41 GMT
#3461
On July 18 2012 10:36 Disregard wrote:
Anyone purchased Rage?


It was disappointing. If it was 5 bucks I maybe would have bought it for steam...
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
July 18 2012 06:00 GMT
#3462
Rage is really not bad especially now with the patches. It still has plenty of issues though, particularly for ATI users.

Just Cause 2 for $3.74 looks pretty solid at the moment.
Everyone needs a nemesis.
Sigh
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2433 Posts
July 18 2012 06:09 GMT
#3463
CAN'T DECIDE WHETHER TO VOTE FOR FARCRY 2 OR OBLVION D;
I wanna play both ..and 75% off will bring it to like 2.50$ for farcry and 5$ for oblivion
bleh decisions decisions
NaDa/Flash/Thorzain Fan
d00p
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
711 Posts
July 18 2012 06:12 GMT
#3464
On July 18 2012 08:32 Neurosis wrote:
Agreed ^^^^

FC2 was very underrated. Just don't take the dialogue/story too seriously, and by that I mean just go ahead and ignore it.


It's like the most repetitive game ever made and that's what it got flak for afaik. You've pretty much seen everything within the first 1-2 hours. It's fun for a while though and worth 2,5 ezpz.
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
July 18 2012 06:16 GMT
#3465
It is kind of repetitive. I think that is a fair criticism. Don't listen to people that hate the game because of things like malaria though. It really was not that annoying and often times all you had to do was press 1 button to suppress it.
Everyone needs a nemesis.
d00p
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
711 Posts
July 18 2012 06:17 GMT
#3466
On July 18 2012 15:09 Sigh wrote:
CAN'T DECIDE WHETHER TO VOTE FOR FARCRY 2 OR OBLVION D;
I wanna play both ..and 75% off will bring it to like 2.50$ for farcry and 5$ for oblivion
bleh decisions decisions


If you haven't played Oblivion it's an easy decision. Oblivion (with the right mods) is so good. It's kind of an old game tho, should be 5-10 bucks by now with or without sales imo.
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
July 18 2012 06:30 GMT
#3467
oblivion is much better then skyrim IMO. skyrim is just more popular because more people play games nowadays...
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
July 18 2012 06:31 GMT
#3468
Torchlight, meh. Was hoping for FarCry since I remember playing the first and I already own Oblivion.
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
July 18 2012 06:32 GMT
#3469
well, thats your oppinion. For a lot of people oblivion was a failure and skyrim ranks 2nd behind morrowind.
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-18 06:33:57
July 18 2012 06:33 GMT
#3470
On July 18 2012 15:32 LaNague wrote:
well, thats your oppinion. For a lot of people oblivion was a failure and skyrim ranks 2nd behind morrowind.

i'm not sure i know anyone who played morrowind, oblivion, and skyrim, and thinks skyrim is better than oblivion...i mean skyrim isn't a bad game, worth every cent i paid for it (RARE with games these days lol) but like i said i think oblivion was much more fun.
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Leopoldshark
Profile Joined September 2010
United States176 Posts
July 18 2012 06:34 GMT
#3471
Hope Oblivion gets to be a flash sale or something. I really wanted to pick that up.

So far I've gotten Bioshock 1 + 2, Borderlands, Fallout 3 + New Vegas, Bastion, and Divine Divinity. Pretty good haul so far. I need to get more disk space for my computer though.
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-18 06:53:26
July 18 2012 06:52 GMT
#3472
My ranking would go something like:

Morrowind -> Skyrim -> Oblivion

I'd actually be half tempted to switch Skyrim and Morrowind, just because Skyrim is so beautiful and the guild quests were so much more fleshed out (as they were in Oblivion compared to Morrowind.) Even so, the memories I have of Morrowind combined with the GotY edition just can't be replaced. I've probably put over 1000 hours into the game over all the times I've played it (Xbox -> Xbox GotY -> PC GotY.) Oblivion was good and some of the side quests were excellent (I still love the Dark Brotherhood storyline in Oblivion), but the game just felt a lot weaker to me overall. I think the main thing that threw me off was the main quest - it seemed to me like it wrapped up absurdly fast. And the oblivion gates were terribly boring after the first one. :<

With that said, they're all triple-A titles and I still put in many hours into Oblivion and would happily play it again over a lot of the games that are out today.
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
July 18 2012 07:03 GMT
#3473
On July 18 2012 15:33 Silidons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2012 15:32 LaNague wrote:
well, thats your oppinion. For a lot of people oblivion was a failure and skyrim ranks 2nd behind morrowind.

i'm not sure i know anyone who played morrowind, oblivion, and skyrim, and thinks skyrim is better than oblivion...i mean skyrim isn't a bad game, worth every cent i paid for it (RARE with games these days lol) but like i said i think oblivion was much more fun.

Eh, I played all three games, yet I think Skyrim is better than Oblivion IMO. I loath the level scaling system in Oblivion, and I think Fallout 3/NV and Skyrim had a much more improved level scaling system that just felt less intrusive. Plus, Oblivion's art direction is just dull compared to Skyrim's, and I do like Skyrim's combat more. Replacing the repair requirement with smithing was a good change, and I like the perk system. However, I do acknowledge that many of Oblivion's quests and quest lines were better than their equivalents in Skyrim, not to mention other neat features like spell-making and even that gimmicky persuasion mini-game were quite enjoyable for me. However, I still enjoyed Skyrim more than Oblivion.

Oh, and Morrowind was pretty awesome, though its combat frankly sucks compared to what's found in the sequels. I have rather mixed feelings about it since it was fun and immersive with more interesting storylines and a unique, brilliantly realized world, yet I just found it really hard to ignore its clunky gameplay. I don't like being a god with swords yet not hitting anything with bows or axes or any other weapon that I never use. I hate how spells can outright fail if your skill level is too low. I didn't like how basic running drains stamina, and I never liked being forced to repair damaged items. But that's just me, though.

My order of playthrough was Oblivion, Skyrim, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim. All three games are great, but I personally would rank Morrowind and Skyrim above Oblivion.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
xsksc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1044 Posts
July 18 2012 07:04 GMT
#3474
Anyone know if SW:Battlefront 2 runs on windows 7?
Loved that game on ps2 and it's only £3.89 :D
Enki
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2548 Posts
July 18 2012 07:06 GMT
#3475
Wow, didn't expect Torchlight to win..would have much rather have had Oblivion win it.

Also, Bioshock is now a flash sale for $5.
"Practice, practice, practice. And when you're not practicing you should be practicing. It's the only way to get better. The only way." I run the Smix Fanclub!
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
July 18 2012 07:11 GMT
#3476
Seems to be the worst sales day so far.

Spec Ops is awesome, but silly to spend that kind of money on a single game during a freaking Steam sale. Likewise for CoD and Wargame EE except that they're not even as awesome as Spec Ops. Those prices could net you like 10 all-time classic former AAA titles during a Steam sale. =/

Limbo and Company of Heroes are cool I suppose.

Skyrim isn't worse than the previous two games IMO. In a series of games that was always about having a massive world that looks pretty, the game that looks the prettiest is going to be the strongest contender. Moreover, Skyrim has better combat and generally controls better than either Morrowind or Oblivion.
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
July 18 2012 07:15 GMT
#3477
On July 18 2012 16:03 eviltomahawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2012 15:33 Silidons wrote:
On July 18 2012 15:32 LaNague wrote:
well, thats your oppinion. For a lot of people oblivion was a failure and skyrim ranks 2nd behind morrowind.

i'm not sure i know anyone who played morrowind, oblivion, and skyrim, and thinks skyrim is better than oblivion...i mean skyrim isn't a bad game, worth every cent i paid for it (RARE with games these days lol) but like i said i think oblivion was much more fun.

Eh, I played all three games, yet I think Skyrim is better than Oblivion IMO. I loath the level scaling system in Oblivion, and I think Fallout 3/NV and Skyrim had a much more improved level scaling system that just felt less intrusive. Plus, Oblivion's art direction is just dull compared to Skyrim's, and I do like Skyrim's combat more. Replacing the repair requirement with smithing was a good change, and I like the perk system. However, I do acknowledge that many of Oblivion's quests and quest lines were better than their equivalents in Skyrim, not to mention other neat features like spell-making and even that gimmicky persuasion mini-game were quite enjoyable for me. However, I still enjoyed Skyrim more than Oblivion.

Oh, and Morrowind was pretty awesome, though its combat frankly sucks compared to what's found in the sequels. I have rather mixed feelings about it since it was fun and immersive with more interesting storylines and a unique, brilliantly realized world, yet I just found it really hard to ignore its clunky gameplay. I don't like being a god with swords yet not hitting anything with bows or axes or any other weapon that I never use. I hate how spells can outright fail if your skill level is too low. I didn't like how basic running drains stamina, and I never liked being forced to repair damaged items. But that's just me, though.

My order of playthrough was Oblivion, Skyrim, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim. All three games are great, but I personally would rank Morrowind and Skyrim above Oblivion.


yes, you need to play morrowind differently. You need to make up a background and then play it out, roleplaying it and not making game-y decisions. With some mods mowwing is the best game for that.
However, you can do that in skyrim really good as well and the added immersion and combat adds a ton to the experience.

Anyways, all of the elder scroll games have 100s of hours of gameplay, so everyone can just buy all of them. they are all better purchases than the 8 hour games we got nowadays from other companies.




Also, i am disappointed that people voted for torchlight, TL2 gives a free copy and is also right around the corner. TL1 is also very boring because it has no multiplayer.
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
July 18 2012 07:16 GMT
#3478
On July 18 2012 16:11 Talin wrote:
Seems to be the worst sales day so far.

Spec Ops is awesome, but silly to spend that kind of money on a single game during a freaking Steam sale. Likewise for CoD and Wargame EE except that they're not even as awesome as Spec Ops. Those prices could net you like 10 all-time classic former AAA titles during a Steam sale. =/

Limbo and Company of Heroes are cool I suppose.

Skyrim isn't worse than the previous two games IMO. In a series of games that was always about having a massive world that looks pretty, the game that looks the prettiest is going to be the strongest contender. Moreover, Skyrim has better combat and generally controls better than either Morrowind or Oblivion.

I think saw Psychonauts on sale earlier today for $3 before it became $5 again. That's a pretty fantastic deal.

And you can never forget motherfucking Railworks 3 Train Simulator 2012 and its $1000 in DLC. GotY right there.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-18 07:25:56
July 18 2012 07:22 GMT
#3479
On July 18 2012 15:33 Silidons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2012 15:32 LaNague wrote:
well, thats your oppinion. For a lot of people oblivion was a failure and skyrim ranks 2nd behind morrowind.

i'm not sure i know anyone who played morrowind, oblivion, and skyrim, and thinks skyrim is better than oblivion...i mean skyrim isn't a bad game, worth every cent i paid for it (RARE with games these days lol) but like i said i think oblivion was much more fun.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong, the majority of people who played Morrowind a lot think Oblivion is a horrible game, and finds Skyrim to be at least decent. Level scaling completely broke Oblivion unless you mod it to oblivion (lol). Skyrim is far closer to Morrowind. Oblivion had one thing going for it: Graphics. And that can't save it anymore.
heishe
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany2284 Posts
July 18 2012 07:23 GMT
#3480
How good/bad is just cause 2?
If you value your soul, never look into the eye of a horse. Your soul will forever be lost in the void of the horse.
Prev 1 172 173 174 175 176 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta32
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech131
RuFF_SC2 104
FoxeR 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1407
Shuttle 1365
Artosis 527
Dewaltoss 48
NaDa 27
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm172
LuMiX0
League of Legends
Doublelift3751
Counter-Strike
taco 527
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox677
Other Games
summit1g8051
WinterStarcraft331
C9.Mang0292
ViBE126
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur225
Upcoming Events
OSC
20h 25m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 7h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 14h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 16h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.