• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:01
CEST 03:01
KST 10:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6009 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 101

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 99 100 101 102 103 698 Next
chocopaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
2072 Posts
December 25 2011 20:10 GMT
#2001
On December 25 2011 16:27 undyinglight wrote:
I just got Skyrim on Steam as a Christmas gift!!!


Wait, do you mean you got it from a friend or you actually won it through the gift pile? Oo
http://twitter.com/lechocopaw
arfyron
Profile Joined July 2011
518 Posts
December 25 2011 20:12 GMT
#2002
I just bought psychonauts and alice: madness returns. Such a good haul for so cheap.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
December 25 2011 20:19 GMT
#2003
The X Pack is a must buy if you like games like that. ( Freelancer, the very old Elite, etc )
Hard game to start with, but it's the ultimate space opera sandbox where you can do whatever you want that some people might have dream of.
Start as a trader in a single ship, finish controling multiples sectors with a huge fleet of capitals ships.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
December 25 2011 20:40 GMT
#2004
On December 26 2011 05:19 Noocta wrote:
The X Pack is a must buy if you like games like that. ( Freelancer, the very old Elite, etc )
Hard game to start with, but it's the ultimate space opera sandbox where you can do whatever you want that some people might have dream of.
Start as a trader in a single ship, finish controling multiples sectors with a huge fleet of capitals ships.


I definitely want to pick up at leat one of the X games, possibly more. What is the best place to start? I've read that X3: Albion Prelude is only a slightly altered X3: Terran Conflict, so would you reccommend jumping straight to Albion, or play throught he X3 series Reunion->TC->Albion?

Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
December 25 2011 21:04 GMT
#2005
On December 26 2011 05:40 Eschaton wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 26 2011 05:19 Noocta wrote:
The X Pack is a must buy if you like games like that. ( Freelancer, the very old Elite, etc )
Hard game to start with, but it's the ultimate space opera sandbox where you can do whatever you want that some people might have dream of.
Start as a trader in a single ship, finish controling multiples sectors with a huge fleet of capitals ships.


I definitely want to pick up at leat one of the X games, possibly more. What is the best place to start? I've read that X3: Albion Prelude is only a slightly altered X3: Terran Conflict, so would you reccommend jumping straight to Albion, or play throught he X3 series Reunion->TC->Albion?



Well, i did not play Albion enough to know, but from what i know, each soft is a new plot with new additions who came mainly from the modding community.
I think Terran Conflict is the most stable one, everything who is in Albion can be obtainable with mods and scripts on TC.
The egosoft forums are really really good for this game. Lot of activity in helping people. Check them out.

In the end, start with Terran conflict, maybe get Albion Prelude for when the mods will be more dominant on it than today. ( AP is new, not a lot of mods there for now )
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
December 25 2011 21:25 GMT
#2006
On December 26 2011 06:04 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 26 2011 05:40 Eschaton wrote:
On December 26 2011 05:19 Noocta wrote:
The X Pack is a must buy if you like games like that. ( Freelancer, the very old Elite, etc )
Hard game to start with, but it's the ultimate space opera sandbox where you can do whatever you want that some people might have dream of.
Start as a trader in a single ship, finish controling multiples sectors with a huge fleet of capitals ships.


I definitely want to pick up at leat one of the X games, possibly more. What is the best place to start? I've read that X3: Albion Prelude is only a slightly altered X3: Terran Conflict, so would you reccommend jumping straight to Albion, or play throught he X3 series Reunion->TC->Albion?



Well, i did not play Albion enough to know, but from what i know, each soft is a new plot with new additions who came mainly from the modding community.
I think Terran Conflict is the most stable one, everything who is in Albion can be obtainable with mods and scripts on TC.
The egosoft forums are really really good for this game. Lot of activity in helping people. Check them out.

In the end, start with Terran conflict, maybe get Albion Prelude for when the mods will be more dominant on it than today. ( AP is new, not a lot of mods there for now )


Ended up getting the "gold pack", all 3 X3 games for 6.24 vs just terran conflict for 4.99. Very stoked to jump into TC when I'm back on my pc.
ArYeS
Profile Joined June 2010
Slovenia268 Posts
December 25 2011 21:30 GMT
#2007
I really really really recommend Atom Zombie Smasher!
EdSlyB
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Portugal1621 Posts
December 25 2011 21:37 GMT
#2008
This thread is ruining my life!!!
+ Show Spoiler +
Joking... Now let me go back to Batman: Arkham City!
aka Wardo
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
December 25 2011 23:23 GMT
#2009
Man, as a player, I really wish they put Arkham Asylum on sale before Arkham City ~_~ Already half way through Arkham City but cannot proceed now that I have Asylum. WTB continuity
Everyone needs a nemesis.
illumiel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States75 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-26 01:58:38
December 26 2011 01:56 GMT
#2010
Is there teamliquid steam group where we can all get together and trade or something? I got a few game gifts I have no use for...

Found it. If you want to trade - go to chat.
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-26 02:05:45
December 26 2011 02:02 GMT
#2011
Picked up the X3 war pack.

I'm a little surprised everyone recommends the atom zombie smasher, personally I didn't enjoy it a whole lot. It felt kinda like a random flash game, without a whole lot to do but the same thing over and over. (might be same reason I dislike a lot of tower defense)

Main thing I've learned from this sale period so far, since I'm stuck on my laptop that can't run very good games, is how much I still like The Binding of Isaac. Those team meat guys are one of my favorite developers.
skipgamer
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia701 Posts
December 26 2011 03:50 GMT
#2012
Can anyone recommend Alice? I'm really on the fence about it. The screenshots look absolutely marvelous, but the gameplay?

Picked up Dungons -The Dark Lord and Overlord so far.
Mysticesper
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1183 Posts
December 26 2011 04:03 GMT
#2013
On December 26 2011 11:02 ThaZenith wrote:
Picked up the X3 war pack.

I'm a little surprised everyone recommends the atom zombie smasher, personally I didn't enjoy it a whole lot. It felt kinda like a random flash game, without a whole lot to do but the same thing over and over. (might be same reason I dislike a lot of tower defense)

Main thing I've learned from this sale period so far, since I'm stuck on my laptop that can't run very good games, is how much I still like The Binding of Isaac. Those team meat guys are one of my favorite developers.


I remember watching Total Biscuit's "WTF is..." series on Binding of Isaac. It was hilarious.
It's a pretty decent game, especially since it is a newgrounds-style flash game. I got it in some humble bundle though. I cannot get the stupid achievement to spawn

Erik.TheRed
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1655 Posts
December 26 2011 04:18 GMT
#2014
Just got Fallout 3 GOTY. Gonna play it after I beat Oblivion! And by the time I finish that, Skyrim GOTY edition should be on sale as well!

And for those of you who are curious about how the steam sales work from a business perspective, I wrote a short blog entry earlier this month explaining it. http://gaminginformatics.org/?p=141
"See you space cowboy"
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-26 05:01:10
December 26 2011 04:50 GMT
#2015
Don't forget about the other websites.
Amazon game downloads
There's tons of good deals here. Civ V GOTY for $10.99. Human Revolution for $9.99. Battlefield 3 for $34.99.

A lot of these keys are redeemable on Steam so that basically justifies this post.

Of course, there's GOG.com if you want to get your old school on.

If you're looking for console games, Bestbuy.com has some sweet deals. Scored myself BF3 for $39.99 and Arkham City for $49.99.
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
December 26 2011 08:26 GMT
#2016
Arkham City was $24.99 on Steam December 21st lol
Everyone needs a nemesis.
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
December 26 2011 08:28 GMT
#2017
Yeah I would've gotten it on Steam if my computer wasn't complete trash.
illumiel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States75 Posts
December 26 2011 09:32 GMT
#2018
Considering how much game is given away with everything and how fast price drops... Wait for a few months it will be $10.
beamerkun
Profile Joined December 2009
Poland112 Posts
December 26 2011 11:26 GMT
#2019
Anybody want to trade for Shattered Horizon? Or do any trade for gift?
Evolution is complete!
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
December 26 2011 13:46 GMT
#2020
If anybody is looking to buy a valve game I have a 33% off any valve game which I'd like to trade.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
Prev 1 99 100 101 102 103 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 184
ProTech145
ViBE134
Nathanias 81
RuFF_SC2 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15063
Rain 1552
GuemChi 917
Artosis 668
Bale 15
Dota 2
monkeys_forever464
Counter-Strike
taco 44
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox989
Mew2King75
Other Games
summit1g7086
shahzam721
WinterStarcraft496
JimRising 460
C9.Mang0364
Trikslyr50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick896
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• davetesta23
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra486
• Shiphtur385
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 59m
INu's Battles
9h 59m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
11h 59m
OSC
21h 14m
Replay Cast
21h 59m
OSC
1d 21h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.