• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:59
CEST 03:59
KST 10:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7873 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 550

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 548 549 550 551 552 665 Next
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
July 23 2014 01:12 GMT
#10981
Play whatever suits you. Test out all of the decks online on MWS or Cockatrice, whatever suits you.

Also, whenever core set comes out, there's always an influx of dumbshits on MWS with no sense of rules.

"Banishing Light flickers the permanent if its destroyed in response" => "I'll look it up for you" => "Nvm you're right"
Total time: 5 minutes

Getting told a dumbass after pointing out that double Anger of the Gods doesn't make 6 1/1s from Hornet's Nest. Priceless.
Get it by your hands...
Fishgle
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States2174 Posts
July 23 2014 05:42 GMT
#10982
The 'until' wording on Banishing Light is an M14 rules change, which is pretty recent. And it's normal to think a trigger would resolve despite the source permanent dying. Not really fair to call them dumbshits for not knowing a rule that only applies to 3(?) cards in the history of magic, and only due to a recent rulechange.
aka ChillyGonzalo / GnozL
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
July 23 2014 06:27 GMT
#10983
On July 23 2014 14:42 Fishgle wrote:
The 'until' wording on Banishing Light is an M14 rules change, which is pretty recent. And it's normal to think a trigger would resolve despite the source permanent dying. Not really fair to call them dumbshits for not knowing a rule that only applies to 3(?) cards in the history of magic, and only due to a recent rulechange.


You don't comment on things you have no idea about. That just makes you look like a clown when you're proven wrong.

Also just for clarification purposes, trigger does resolve, it does not "fizzle" and it just resolves as nothing has happened.
Get it by your hands...
justiceknight
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Singapore5741 Posts
July 23 2014 09:18 GMT
#10984
i want to start MTG, is there any online dueling website like Yugioh's Dueling network?
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
July 23 2014 10:03 GMT
#10985
On July 23 2014 18:18 justiceknight wrote:
i want to start MTG, is there any online dueling website like Yugioh's Dueling network?

Cockatrice.

But it kinda suck dicks.
The legend of Darien lives on
Fishgle
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States2174 Posts
July 23 2014 10:38 GMT
#10986
On July 23 2014 18:18 justiceknight wrote:
i want to start MTG, is there any online dueling website like Yugioh's Dueling network?

Untap.in is the bee's knees.
aka ChillyGonzalo / GnozL
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
July 23 2014 14:50 GMT
#10987
untap reminds me of apprentice, dunno if that's a good thing or not.
Get it by your hands...
KtheZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States813 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-23 15:45:27
July 23 2014 15:40 GMT
#10988
On July 23 2014 19:03 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2014 18:18 justiceknight wrote:
i want to start MTG, is there any online dueling website like Yugioh's Dueling network?

Cockatrice.

But it kinda suck dicks.


Cockatrice is the shit man, i don't know what you're talking about
Assholes all day errday

So I was playing with Amulet of Vigor combo, and its fucking hilarious to come out T3 with a vigilance, hasted primetime. Happens probably like 5% of the time but its amazing when it does.
I actually do pretty well with it on cockatrice, its a shame its a terrible deck in general. (Blood moon/Land hate lel)
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
July 24 2014 03:04 GMT
#10989
Anyone going to GP Boston? I'll be either bringing jund or junk.
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
July 24 2014 03:30 GMT
#10990
Bring both so you can switch last minute. I was going to play Esper gifts at my last PTQ but thankfully brought everything or Esper Delver too and was able to last minute audible.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
July 24 2014 03:56 GMT
#10991
I'm the type of player who doesn't like switching last second and writes up a full sideboard guide.
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
July 24 2014 04:01 GMT
#10992
On July 24 2014 12:56 caelym wrote:
I'm the type of player who doesn't like switching last second and writes up a full sideboard guide.


Ah, I'm the opposite. I like flexibility and I always sideboard what feels right at the moment.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
July 24 2014 09:16 GMT
#10993
Btw are anybody here going to GP Utrecht ?

I'm starting to playtest for it. I need to have a plan to choose my deck after the PT will be over :p
The legend of Darien lives on
Tarias
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands480 Posts
July 24 2014 10:34 GMT
#10994
On July 24 2014 18:16 mr_tolkien wrote:
Btw are anybody here going to GP Utrecht ?

I'm starting to playtest for it. I need to have a plan to choose my deck after the PT will be over :p


I'm going to the GP with a couple guys from my local game store. I'm bringing mono black.
Go big, or go home!
Elyvilon
Profile Joined August 2008
United States13143 Posts
July 26 2014 19:28 GMT
#10995
So the info coming out of the SDCC Panel looks pretty sweet so far.
Liquipedia
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
July 26 2014 21:16 GMT
#10996
On July 27 2014 04:28 Elyvilon wrote:
So the info coming out of the SDCC Panel looks pretty sweet so far.

link?
Get it by your hands...
Elyvilon
Profile Joined August 2008
United States13143 Posts
July 26 2014 21:35 GMT
#10997
On July 27 2014 06:16 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2014 04:28 Elyvilon wrote:
So the info coming out of the SDCC Panel looks pretty sweet so far.

link?

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic

My favorite thing from it:
[image loading]

"Don't mind me I'm just over here punching a bear"
Liquipedia
Merany
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
France890 Posts
July 28 2014 11:57 GMT
#10998
Ok guys, I have a super stupid question and no idea where to ask it so here we go:

I wanted to indulge myself and play BGx styles decks on Modern so I started to save for good old Tarmogoyf.
I now own 3 of them but I noticed something that worries me...
Out of the 3, 2 seem "washed out". By that, I mean that the green color on the frame of the card is pale compared to the last one I have. And I'm worried I might have bought a fake one :/

Maybe it's just me tough?
I bought them from trusted vendors.
The two I bought that seem washed out were rated Excellent while the last one was NM.
I just had a look at all Goyf entries on Ebay and it seems that color vary slightly depending on the auction...

So, what do you think? Does that "fading" of colors is something that happens regularly? (I only owned Mint cards until then...)
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
July 28 2014 16:50 GMT
#10999
On July 28 2014 20:57 Merany wrote:
Ok guys, I have a super stupid question and no idea where to ask it so here we go:

I wanted to indulge myself and play BGx styles decks on Modern so I started to save for good old Tarmogoyf.
I now own 3 of them but I noticed something that worries me...
Out of the 3, 2 seem "washed out". By that, I mean that the green color on the frame of the card is pale compared to the last one I have. And I'm worried I might have bought a fake one :/

Maybe it's just me tough?
I bought them from trusted vendors.
The two I bought that seem washed out were rated Excellent while the last one was NM.
I just had a look at all Goyf entries on Ebay and it seems that color vary slightly depending on the auction...

So, what do you think? Does that "fading" of colors is something that happens regularly? (I only owned Mint cards until then...)


All cards fade depending on how they are stored.

If kept in a dark drawer, then it stays greener, if its in a display case then it fades. Best way to test is to first look what set its from, then ask yourself "if this was in a display case near sunlight for X years (since its release) would it be this faded?
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
July 28 2014 17:33 GMT
#11000
Probably jamming monogreen at scg dallas this weekend~
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Prev 1 548 549 550 551 552 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1983
GuemChi 1582
Artosis 647
910 70
Bale 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm162
Counter-Strike
taco 455
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox500
Other Games
summit1g8348
Doublelift2283
JimRising 541
Day[9].tv346
C9.Mang0343
PiGStarcraft294
Maynarde140
CosmosSc2 29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick980
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 127
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv346
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 1m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
9h 1m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
22h 1m
Patches Events
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.