• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:47
CEST 07:47
KST 14:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)27Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7348 users

The NonY Fan Club - Page 194

Forum Index > Fan Clubs
Post a Reply
Prev 1 192 193 194 195 196 212 Next
IAmHaunteR
Profile Joined May 2013
United States36 Posts
July 03 2013 02:30 GMT
#3861
On July 03 2013 07:38 NonY wrote:
Terrible experience with that WCS tournament. I don't think I'll attempt to play in another one until there's a new system. I ended up waiting around and doing nothing for three hours only to have my opponent advance over me without any games being played. I've never seen a site full of so much irrelevant information. Something like 90% of the links on the WCS AM qualifier tournament page are to things unrelated to the WCS AM qualifiers. Even something as simple as going to http://www.esl.eu/eu/sc2/wcs/america_2013season2_challenger_qualifier1/ and clicking "Play" is a completely false path. I never found any information on my opponent except his ESL site profile, which didn't show me his b.net info. I went in the b.net chat several times and asked admins how to play my match and never got a response. They weren't afk; they just didn't respond to my questions. Since most players seemed to participate easily, I'm guessing I missed something, but the site is full of so much misdirection that I don't feel bad about it. And I thought the b.net chat would be a fail-safe but it wasn't.



I couldn't even get my battle.net to work.

That site is absolutely AWFUL!
"Where I walk, you will die"
TechNoTrance
Profile Joined May 2012
Canada1007 Posts
July 03 2013 02:33 GMT
#3862
Oh man that's so brutal
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
sLideSC2
Profile Joined July 2012
United States225 Posts
July 03 2013 02:49 GMT
#3863
their website is fucking gross but ive gotten used to shitty websites i guess. Bigger problem is hitting top 2nd rd lol
https://twitter.com/sLideSC2 | (NA)sLide.635 | coL_Sasqautch ~ coL_QXC ~ coL_TriMaster
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-03 05:01:05
July 03 2013 03:09 GMT
#3864
On July 03 2013 09:06 Ochrow wrote:
While the general consensus is correct that the ESL site is trash is completely correct ESL admins asked for Tyler repeatedly in chat, PM'd him multiple times (which did not go through due to DnD mode) and eventually had a text sent to his phone all in an attempt to avoid giving the walkover. Unfortunately after over 2 hours of no response the decision was made to give the walkover. Nobody wanted this to happen, but to blame the system and criticize those who put in the effort to correct something that was not their fault is completely unjust.

I didn't know the guy I was texting with was an admin -- I thought he was just a friend who was following the tournament and trying to help -- but he asked "Play ro128 yet?" and I replied "No lol. Been waiting 3 hours. This site is terrible and admins don't respond to me in bnet chat. Not playing this tournament again "

I went in the chat room again after the text, still no help. Then the next time I checked the bracket, my opponent had advanced. I don't think that constitutes an effort to avoid a walkover. If he really was an admin and had my match ready to go, I think he'd say something like "come back to the chat room and play your Ro128 or you're gonna be eliminated"

Yeah, it's certainly possible that admins tried to contact me via b.net and weren't able to because I wasn't in the chat room for the whole three hours I was waiting. I was coming and going. One time I went in the chat and asked how to play my match and got no response and at another time I asked if an admin could host my match and I got no response. I checked in around five or six times and never got a message from my opponent or an admin saying my match was ready to be played. I think I spent at least an hour in the chat room.

Before the tournament, an admin did pay attention to me enough to tell me that I can't stream. I wish I had used that attention to learn how to identify my opponent and report results but I didn't yet know that I'd have any problem. So it's not like they were completely unresponsive. In fact, admins were chatting with other people when I asked for help. They just never got to me until I gave up waiting and went back to practicing.

The system is shit. The web pages we use (wcs.battle.net and esl.eu) are terrible at clearly communicating the pertinent information for players. ESL's web site is especially inundated with bullshit that is not at all related to my playing in WCS AM and much of it could plausibly be relevant, and therefore misleading. I never imagined that the bracket was full of links for match details when there are so many more natural places to put this most pertinent information and I never imagined that I was on the right track for my opponent's b.net ID and identifier when I found his ESL social network profile ("Here's the date he joined ESL! Oh, you want his b.net ID? That's weird. Click the "gameaccounts" link on the side menu to get to that layer of his profile. What do you mean which side menu? Oh yeah I forgot we've got multiple side menus on every side of the site. It's this one over here on the left, kinda in the middle"). If it weren't for ESL's attempt to be a social network and support multiple games with one profile, the pertinent information would be easy to find because there'd be nothing obscuring it.

My experience with ESL's system: I have to use it for one specific task, to play in a qualifier for a Blizzard tournament, but ESL buries all the info I need from them under multiple click throughs and scrolling so that I get flooded with all their self-advertising for their social network and TV network and amateur tournaments and games I don't play and whatever else they've got going on. If you took all the non-WCS AM qualifier graphics and text that I had to look at and replaced it with google ads, it would be more obvious how absolutely absurd their user interface is. But since it's all just self-advertisement and internal links, it doesn't seem so malicious. They could have literally all the info and services I need to participate in their tournament on one web page. But they are the opposite of that.

In the first place I admitted that I must be at fault because there were other players getting along just fine without any help. A shitty system is still a shitty system and unresponsive admins are still unresponsive admins.

My participation in this qualifier was ruined and I felt like my fans deserved an explanation. Justice doesn't enter into it. I'm not seeking justice here and I'm not sure what led you to believe that. I don't care to figure out where the responsibility lies and what judgment is most fair and whether justice is served. This was just my personal account communicated specifically to my fans. They can take from it what they will. If ESL and WCS care enough, then they can make their explanations to their followers. I don't think anyone cares for that. If I made these posts in SC2 General or Featured Blogs and I was calling for judgements and changes, then you could be concerned with justice. As it is, I think you're out of line here.
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
Unfortunate
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada132 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-03 07:09:07
July 03 2013 07:07 GMT
#3865
On July 03 2013 07:38 NonY wrote:
Terrible experience with that WCS tournament. I don't think I'll attempt to play in another one until there's a new system. I ended up waiting around and doing nothing for three hours only to have my opponent advance over me without any games being played. I've never seen a site full of so much irrelevant information. Something like 90% of the links on the WCS AM qualifier tournament page are to things unrelated to the WCS AM qualifiers. Even something as simple as going to http://www.esl.eu/eu/sc2/wcs/america_2013season2_challenger_qualifier1/ and clicking "Play" is a completely false path. I never found any information on my opponent except his ESL site profile, which didn't show me his b.net info. I went in the b.net chat several times and asked admins how to play my match and never got a response. They weren't afk; they just didn't respond to my questions. Since most players seemed to participate easily, I'm guessing I missed something, but the site is full of so much misdirection that I don't feel bad about it. And I thought the b.net chat would be a fail-safe but it wasn't.


Shitty. Hope things get worked out because from that alone this sounds very unacceptable from an administration POV.
Manager, Head Admin of Sc2 for Playhem
NGrNecris
Profile Joined January 2011
New Zealand855 Posts
July 03 2013 10:17 GMT
#3866
On July 03 2013 12:09 NonY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2013 09:06 Ochrow wrote:
While the general consensus is correct that the ESL site is trash is completely correct ESL admins asked for Tyler repeatedly in chat, PM'd him multiple times (which did not go through due to DnD mode) and eventually had a text sent to his phone all in an attempt to avoid giving the walkover. Unfortunately after over 2 hours of no response the decision was made to give the walkover. Nobody wanted this to happen, but to blame the system and criticize those who put in the effort to correct something that was not their fault is completely unjust.

I didn't know the guy I was texting with was an admin -- I thought he was just a friend who was following the tournament and trying to help -- but he asked "Play ro128 yet?" and I replied "No lol. Been waiting 3 hours. This site is terrible and admins don't respond to me in bnet chat. Not playing this tournament again "

I went in the chat room again after the text, still no help. Then the next time I checked the bracket, my opponent had advanced. I don't think that constitutes an effort to avoid a walkover. If he really was an admin and had my match ready to go, I think he'd say something like "come back to the chat room and play your Ro128 or you're gonna be eliminated"

Yeah, it's certainly possible that admins tried to contact me via b.net and weren't able to because I wasn't in the chat room for the whole three hours I was waiting. I was coming and going. One time I went in the chat and asked how to play my match and got no response and at another time I asked if an admin could host my match and I got no response. I checked in around five or six times and never got a message from my opponent or an admin saying my match was ready to be played. I think I spent at least an hour in the chat room.

Before the tournament, an admin did pay attention to me enough to tell me that I can't stream. I wish I had used that attention to learn how to identify my opponent and report results but I didn't yet know that I'd have any problem. So it's not like they were completely unresponsive. In fact, admins were chatting with other people when I asked for help. They just never got to me until I gave up waiting and went back to practicing.

The system is shit. The web pages we use (wcs.battle.net and esl.eu) are terrible at clearly communicating the pertinent information for players. ESL's web site is especially inundated with bullshit that is not at all related to my playing in WCS AM and much of it could plausibly be relevant, and therefore misleading. I never imagined that the bracket was full of links for match details when there are so many more natural places to put this most pertinent information and I never imagined that I was on the right track for my opponent's b.net ID and identifier when I found his ESL social network profile ("Here's the date he joined ESL! Oh, you want his b.net ID? That's weird. Click the "gameaccounts" link on the side menu to get to that layer of his profile. What do you mean which side menu? Oh yeah I forgot we've got multiple side menus on every side of the site. It's this one over here on the left, kinda in the middle"). If it weren't for ESL's attempt to be a social network and support multiple games with one profile, the pertinent information would be easy to find because there'd be nothing obscuring it.

My experience with ESL's system: I have to use it for one specific task, to play in a qualifier for a Blizzard tournament, but ESL buries all the info I need from them under multiple click throughs and scrolling so that I get flooded with all their self-advertising for their social network and TV network and amateur tournaments and games I don't play and whatever else they've got going on. If you took all the non-WCS AM qualifier graphics and text that I had to look at and replaced it with google ads, it would be more obvious how absolutely absurd their user interface is. But since it's all just self-advertisement and internal links, it doesn't seem so malicious. They could have literally all the info and services I need to participate in their tournament on one web page. But they are the opposite of that.

In the first place I admitted that I must be at fault because there were other players getting along just fine without any help. A shitty system is still a shitty system and unresponsive admins are still unresponsive admins.

My participation in this qualifier was ruined and I felt like my fans deserved an explanation. Justice doesn't enter into it. I'm not seeking justice here and I'm not sure what led you to believe that. I don't care to figure out where the responsibility lies and what judgment is most fair and whether justice is served. This was just my personal account communicated specifically to my fans. They can take from it what they will. If ESL and WCS care enough, then they can make their explanations to their followers. I don't think anyone cares for that. If I made these posts in SC2 General or Featured Blogs and I was calling for judgements and changes, then you could be concerned with justice. As it is, I think you're out of line here.

i wonder what the admin was thinking sending a text like that with no context and other info
Elucidate
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
205 Posts
July 03 2013 22:15 GMT
#3867
Seems rather silly that they haven't learned after last season...
Welcome to Aslan's Country. Sanctuary Cat on DotA 2.
TechNoTrance
Profile Joined May 2012
Canada1007 Posts
July 04 2013 03:43 GMT
#3868
Yo Tyler, what happened to the twitter?
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
July 04 2013 07:04 GMT
#3869
On July 04 2013 12:43 TechNoTrance wrote:
Yo Tyler, what happened to the twitter?

he was hacked, his stream as well.
Moderatorlickypiddy
Big-t
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria1351 Posts
July 04 2013 07:53 GMT
#3870
Am I understanding this right? WCS NA is full of Koreans and the Americans get a death loose because they get no support? Blizzard wtf? Or is it really Blizzards fault? Something needs to be done with this WCS system asap.
monchi | IdrA | Flash
garbanzo
Profile Joined October 2009
United States4046 Posts
July 06 2013 16:56 GMT
#3871
On July 04 2013 16:04 NovemberstOrm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2013 12:43 TechNoTrance wrote:
Yo Tyler, what happened to the twitter?

he was hacked, his stream as well.

Has there been any updates? Haven't seen him stream and his Twitter is still missing...
Even during difficult times, when I sat down to play the game, there were times where it felt like god has descended down and played [for me].
Asterious
Profile Joined September 2012
United States1 Post
July 06 2013 23:18 GMT
#3872
Nony's Twitter is back hopefully that is a sign that everything is ok.
garbanzo
Profile Joined October 2009
United States4046 Posts
July 07 2013 01:26 GMT
#3873
On July 07 2013 08:18 Asterious wrote:
Nony's Twitter is back hopefully that is a sign that everything is ok.

Really? I can't even search for @chilltoss anymore. Nothing comes up now when before it came up on the search but it lead to an error page...
Even during difficult times, when I sat down to play the game, there were times where it felt like god has descended down and played [for me].
Dhinanta
Profile Joined December 2010
United States50 Posts
July 08 2013 12:50 GMT
#3874
I can get to it. Go to http://www.twitter.com/chilltoss and, if it's still not working, try ctrl+F5 to force refresh. (Forces the browser to re-download the page entirely, no cache)

I saw him stream a bit more, but I'm curious if it was really him. He kept saying a lot of rather silly things, like "Well, my 3 game quota is done." right before he shut it all down. I can see the "doesn't care what people think", etc arguments...but everything about it still felt weird, down to the strange mouse movement that didn't correlate to the screen again. No camera or voice at all the entire time, though the play did look considerably more NonY-esq.

Not certain either way, but it all still feels...weird.
Hoender
Profile Joined March 2011
South Africa382 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-17 07:59:17
July 17 2013 07:58 GMT
#3875
Nony: making maphacking so obvuious liek rofl :D

Also, Nony likes Ott and I like Ott so naturally I must like Nony
Die ou swepe sê: "daar's 'n raat vir elke kwaal," maar watse pil kou jy as die donker jou kom haal?
Gofarman
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada648 Posts
July 29 2013 23:13 GMT
#3876
NonYyyyyyyy...

Please send your mother home so you can stream again.

I miss you.

-Gofarman

PS- Are you liking the direction that HPMOR is heading? or was the death of your beloved to hard to handle?
Facultyadjutant
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Sweden1876 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-29 23:24:37
July 29 2013 23:24 GMT
#3877
agmrtklrtömnspkbms.dbsfl

comeback Nony
#1 FAN OF TERRY THE INTERN - NONY AND IDRA NUMBER #1, EVERY DAY. AXIOM MANOR - Axiom: Ryung, Alicia, Heart and Crank under the Don TotalBiscuit and the Donnesa Genna Bain- Join the family http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=396090#2
Facultyadjutant
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Sweden1876 Posts
July 30 2013 20:28 GMT
#3878
Nony streaming!

And he's got some hardcore setup
#1 FAN OF TERRY THE INTERN - NONY AND IDRA NUMBER #1, EVERY DAY. AXIOM MANOR - Axiom: Ryung, Alicia, Heart and Crank under the Don TotalBiscuit and the Donnesa Genna Bain- Join the family http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=396090#2
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
July 30 2013 20:42 GMT
#3879
Remind me why I play this race sir.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Mutaller
Profile Blog Joined July 2013
United States1051 Posts
July 30 2013 23:41 GMT
#3880
NonY fanclub FTW!
"To practice isn't for you to get better now in the present. Practice will never betray you and will always come back for you in the future." -Jaedong
Prev 1 192 193 194 195 196 212 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1978
Snow 177
910 58
Bale 31
ZergMaN 15
Noble 13
Icarus 8
sorry 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
Fuzer 28
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox697
C9.Mang0171
Mew2King34
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1193
WinterStarcraft633
Other Games
summit1g8229
JimRising 625
PiGStarcraft293
Maynarde127
Sick127
ArmadaUGS116
RuFF_SC280
Livibee70
ViBE54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick580
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream178
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 32
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2231
League of Legends
• Lourlo1258
• Rush1136
• Stunt525
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
4h 13m
OSC
7h 13m
Stellar Fest
7h 13m
OSC
18h 13m
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.