Afraid of the Dark - Vision provided by all sources is extremely limited except when in view of your camera.
Short-sighted - Player units and structures have reduced vision range.
Speed Freaks - Enemy units have double their normal movement speed.
Here is the map: Oblivion Express
This week is all about the vision, depending on the comp speed freaks might help as they enemy will just run right into your units. For this reason Raynor is going to be one of the best this week, Scans make the vision mutators null. To be honest though your vision isn't that bad and you can always know where the attack is coming from (if you know the timings) so you can leave your units in the dark and make sure that the enemies are in vision and then a move to the attacking forces. Once you have your full economy just keep up unit production and try to have all your structures on a control group to avoid having to move your camera, this might be a time that leaving Gateways as Gateways not Warp gates might be better (this will avoid taking your camera off your army). Also the only building that maintain vision without you looking are Town Halls and Toxic Nests. Good Luck and Have Fun.
Hunter [Raynor] (https://youtu.be/enCqdGAXhi8) - CtG [Vorazun] (https://youtu.be/UZKblQ2Yr2I) Scans & Bio
Hunter [Artanis] (https://youtu.be/M5CDdHIPuaE) - CtG [H&H] (https://youtu.be/1DGhDuk6dUs) Gateway Robo
Here is the link to the VOD https://www.twitch.tv/videos/482333772
- Good commander for this week, Tanks and Goliaths are good.
- Be careful if you go for the Laser Drill mastery as you wont have much of an army and your cant kill rocks or the Train without vision, and you static defense will not do anything without you watching.
- I really like the Tanks and Hercules as they can do a lot and you can just keep the camera ahead of the Tanks towards the incoming enemy and you should be fine.
- Kind of goes without saying but Bane Scourge will hurt this comp a lot as Tanks will only be able to kill about half the forces before you get rolled over.
2 H & H
- Good commander for this week, I like Mass Reapers here, you can always add Horner units for support.
- BE very careful with your Galleons are they can lag behind and be left in the dark and just die very quick.
- Reapers are very easily killed but AOE so watch out for Storms, they clump in the air and one Storm can kill them all.
- Ravens are great if you want to take out the Trains very fast.
- Once you get your economy complete make a few extra SCVs and leave them in one location for Galleon Repairs.
- Really great commander this week, Scans and Bio for the win this week.
- You can always add a few Vultures and Tanks to your comp for more DPS.
- You want to have around 8 - 12 OC for constant Scans and Mules.
- Make sure to have Bunkers and Turrets on the ramps against Terrans, you will need to Scan or keep your camera on the ramps to clear the Ghosts.
- Banshee for the rocks and the first attack wave and you should be able to clear the first Train with call downs, this will allow you to just make SCVs while just clearing so that you can save Scans and keep you camera with your call downs.
- Really great commander for this week, I like Ultra for most comps but Mutas can do well and so can Hydras.
- Make sure that you have a decent amount of Omegas as you want them for vision and mobility (and if you are against a Terran they will pull Nuke agro.
- Be sure to use Immobilization Wave asap as it will line up much better if you do, same with the Assimilation Aura as well.
- You can always use the extra mins for Spines next to the Bonus train but not really needed.
- With all the mobility of the Wurms use should always be in position.
- Great commander for this week, Robo Dragoon is great this week.
- With Guardian Shell you shouldn't have to worry too much about moving across the map without constant vision on your army.
- One of the nice things about Artanis is that you doesn't have to go back to base to make units so you can always keep vision on your army.
- Spear of Adun energy is a good mastery to have as you can do a lot of damage to enemy unit and to the rocks in the beginning to save time watching the rocks.
- Their is a few times that you will want to use Shield Overcharge, double trains come to mind.
- Solar on the first train and then any time its up after.
- Your army is a bit slow so try to get into place asap to avoid losing too much to Speed Freaks.
- Great commander for this week, Bane Scourge and Aberrations will do well here.
- Be very aware of the enemy comp so you know how many Banes and Scourge to make for each attack.
- Try to only use the Banes for the unit and Lings for the Trains with Zagara support, as Banes can clear a Train fast but in the end they are wasted there.
- I did 3 control groups 1 for Zagara 1 for Lings and1 for Bane Scourge.
- Roach Drop is the best way to pull agro away from your units and you can even do it into the fog of war.
- Really great commander for this week, DT Corsair is the way to go here.
- DTs do good work against the Trains and Corsairs are great at crowd control.
- You can use a Dark Pylon on each ramp and make some Cannons with them as you will build up minerals.
- I would use a Shadow Guard on the first attack wave and the first Train.
- If you go up against a heavy ground comp think about using Black Hole to save your units if all the enemy units don't get caught in Disruption Web.
- Rally your workers once your have full saturation but before you finish your town hall at the expo next to the minerals at the expo.
- Great commander for this week, static defense works well here, you can go for Immortals or Carriers here but I like static defense.
- Be sure to take the Western Expo as you can clear the gas rocks and the main rocks at the same time, 10 for each gas rock as piece.
- Add some Energizers to make everything better.
- As you will be using static defense you can just keep the camera where you want the DPS and everything should be fine.
- Also be sure to keep an eye on the mini map as random units will show up to kill your Cannons so try to be sure to have Shield Batteries in front of the Cannons to keep them alive.
- Really great commander for this week, Brutas Muta Leviathans and Queens.
- You will want Devourers if you go up against a heavy air comp.
- You can wait for attack waves to get your biomass, but if its not Terran you can go to the South East and start to pull enemies from there.
- Toxic Nests get vision without having the camera over them, so they will trigger without supervision and are by themselves a counter to Terran Nukes, but still make some Spines and Spores to be sure.
- If you want more unsupervised DPS against the Trains you can place a Toxic Nest on the tracks and turn off auto cast, then place Spines around it and when the Train goes over the Nest it will give the Spine vision, plus this will help the Spine focus on one car.
- Really great commander for this week, Ascendants Supplicants and Havoc are very good this week.
- Structure Overcharge for the Rocks and at least the first 2 Trains and the second attack wave.
- With the Havoc and Ascendants combo you can place Force Fields and then spam the Orb attack to clear entire attack waves without taking any damage.
- Alarak can use the Destruction Wave to push units back into the Ascendants Orb attack.
- Mothership for attack waves and then Teleporting your units back into the action.
- Alarak can solo the beginning.
- Really great commander for this week, Libs are heros this week they do a great job against the Trains and can do well against most air comps.
- Nova should carry the early game and then you should be able to start your unit production right before or after the first Train.
- Tanks are good here if you want them but I would like more Libs.
- If you start to build up minerals either make Marines or Hellbats, or my favorite spam Griffin Air Strike.
- Ravens are a great unit to add as they are great at AOE and can tank with their Turrets.
- Spider Mines are great if you place them on top of spawn locations.
- Great commander for this week, if you use your call down and units well you should do very well.
- I did Bunkers in the main and Tanks on the high ground to hit both Trains as they pass and leave the Tanks away from the enemies.
- If you need vision of an area change the Psi-Emitter location and then Unload a few Bunkers.
- Alexander is great for the Trains so try to save it for them and use the Apocalisk for the attack waves.
- Keep in mind that you still have to be watching the enemies and the Trains to do damage, so low power computers are going to sutter.
- Great commander for this week, Carriers are good this week as they can focus fire a single car very well, and they can deal with any type of unit.
- I would still open Robo with a Immortal into Colossus.
- If its a ground comp you might want to go for Robo Gateway.
- Either way if you build up minerals mass Cannons or Zealots.
- Be sure to get all the upgrades that you can for the units that you make.
- Because you opened up Robo first you should be able to get out a few Observers if you need them.
- Try to think about the position you need to be in next and have the Arbiter Suit in position on its own control group so that you can Recall as soon as you need.
- Really great commander for this week, call downs and units will do very well this week.
- Be sure to use Glevig for the first Train, you will need the DPS and then you can use it on the attack wave that comes after.
- Be on the lookout for Psionic units as you play through.
- Impalers are great for the Train but they don't hit up, Mutas can do well against both.
- Call downs can do a lot but they still need to be watched to get the most out of them.
- Upgrades as always for the units that you make.
- Great commander for this week, you have a small army that is very mobile so you should be fine.
- I really like Sirius this week as he can get Turrets that are great for tanking and getting more vision.
- Sam is an other go to for this week as he has his Charge ability.
- Once you have 3 Outlaws I would get their upgrades then go on to the 4th Outlaw.
- If you are losing too much health you might want to get Rattlesnake a little faster then normal.
- Odin is great the attack waves or the Trains, keep in mind that the units move fast so you can launch the Nuke faster than normal.
- Really great commander for this week, Mass Shield Guards and Cannons FTW.
- Get your economy up asap and help with your partners rocks.
- What is cool about Shield Guards is that you can move them from place to place with the Reflect Shield up and you can kill units just with the Reflect Shield.
- You will build up minerals as always with Shield Guars so mass Cannons as well.
- With the map being all dark, you will need to use the building rally trick to see where the Shards are, ask if you don't know what that is.
- Great commander for this week, if its a ground comp go for Lurkers and the enemy units will melt and so will the Trains.
- For air comps think about Infestors or mass Hydras as the can do well.
- Hydras are easier to get a lot of work done with as your Camera will be in the right spot more easily.
- Infestors are a bit tough as you need to keep your camera in the right spots to get any kills.
- Gary can carry the early game and then your units will finish off the mission.
Tier 1 Able to deal with the 2 sight mutators and clear trains with ease.
Tier 2 Good DPS but might have issues with units outside of your vision.
Tier 3 Not recommended.