• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:08
CEST 18:08
KST 01:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War195.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8656 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 292

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 290 291 292 293 294 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
May 12 2010 05:32 GMT
#5821
I didn't watch the anime, but I loved the manga because it was, mm, about being happy, I guess, and appreciating little things you wouldn't otherwise notice. The pacing is intentionally slow because of it. But I can also see it being more of a niche series, because the majority of people won't like that sort of slow walk.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Ecael
Profile Joined February 2008
United States6703 Posts
May 12 2010 05:49 GMT
#5822
Anime was brilliant because we had Mizuhashi Kaori and Oohara Sayaka for Alice and Alicia (totally biased as usual here), but 癒し系 has always been a rather niche genre.
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
May 12 2010 06:05 GMT
#5823
I think I watched the first season, but when the season season rolled around and they started with the little girl I grew too impatient and irritated (at the girl) to care anymore. Then life went on, I found some nifty VNs to read, and I never wanted to catch back up on the anime.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Mystlord *
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10264 Posts
May 12 2010 06:15 GMT
#5824
On May 12 2010 08:39 Shauni wrote:
No Mystlord, I really liked Haibane Renmei. Isn't there a huge difference between Aria and that anime? I know that they are both slice of life but Haibane seems like it had more serious philosophical content and a melancholic atmosphere while Aria was just some cuddly dream world where everything was perfect and people were over-friendly. I might have gotten the wrong impression though as I didn't finish Aria...

Oh I meant something different. I probably should have said instead: "if you don't like the pacing of Aria and you just plain didn't like Haibane Renmei, then don't watch Sora no Woto". I'd place Sora no Woto somewhere in between Haibane and Aria. The series definitely doesn't go in as depth as Haibane does in terms of character development, but it's not necessarily an Aria type anime either. I still think you can't talk about that anime without talking about the ending though...

Oh, and new Kodome no Jikan anime announced. I'm going to go shoot myself now.
It is impossible to be a citizen if you don't make an effort to understand the most basic activities of your government. It is very difficult to thrive in an increasingly competitive world if you're a nation of doods.
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
May 12 2010 06:20 GMT
#5825
Are you shooting yourself because you're happy, or because you're disgusted?
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
May 12 2010 06:26 GMT
#5826
Disgusted in public
happy in private?
dun dun dun
Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
hideo
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Canada1641 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-12 06:31:20
May 12 2010 06:27 GMT
#5827
On May 12 2010 00:55 Kaialynn wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I'm watching Angel Beats because the premise sounded really, really interesting. I'm a bit disapointed, like someone else said the characters are so bland and uninteresting, but the story seems so promising.

K-On! on the other hand is just....ugh. I...I know I shouldn't like it, but I do. A lot. It's not even like it has a real story or character development, which is what i consider to be the most important part of anime .

Does anyone have any opinions on Kanon? I really liked Clannad and Air started out good, and then kinda fell apart. If not Kanon, are there any other Romance/Drama that are really worth watching?

Oh, and is there a mecha anime that's worth watching either? I tried TTGL, hated it. Tried Code Geass, hated it. Tried Gundam 00, it was okay. The only three 'mecha' I kinda enjoyed were Last Exile, Macross Zero, and Eureka Seven.


Hmm... if you don't like Code Geass or TTGL..

Try out Full Metal Panic. It's a bit "harder" (more realistic) than most mecha.

I guess you can also try out Neon Genesis Evangelion (if you haven't already), but that's starting to edge out of mecha territory and you probably won't like it anyways.
Mystlord *
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10264 Posts
May 12 2010 06:33 GMT
#5828
On May 12 2010 15:20 Southlight wrote:
Are you shooting yourself because you're happy, or because you're disgusted?

Disgusted.
It is impossible to be a citizen if you don't make an effort to understand the most basic activities of your government. It is very difficult to thrive in an increasingly competitive world if you're a nation of doods.
snorlax
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States755 Posts
May 12 2010 06:41 GMT
#5829
I don't get why people hate on Evangelion so much, yea its weird, but something about that feeling of being really creeped out/ invested in the characters makes it really good IMO.
BrTarolg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom3574 Posts
May 12 2010 07:43 GMT
#5830
On May 12 2010 00:55 Kaialynn wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I'm watching Angel Beats because the premise sounded really, really interesting. I'm a bit disapointed, like someone else said the characters are so bland and uninteresting, but the story seems so promising.

K-On! on the other hand is just....ugh. I...I know I shouldn't like it, but I do. A lot. It's not even like it has a real story or character development, which is what i consider to be the most important part of anime .

Does anyone have any opinions on Kanon? I really liked Clannad and Air started out good, and then kinda fell apart. If not Kanon, are there any other Romance/Drama that are really worth watching?

Oh, and is there a mecha anime that's worth watching either? I tried TTGL, hated it. Tried Code Geass, hated it. Tried Gundam 00, it was okay. The only three 'mecha' I kinda enjoyed were Last Exile, Macross Zero, and Eureka Seven.


Obvious romance choices in the seinen category are obviously ef a tale of memories

Try dipping into shoujo if you are looking for a slightly different flavour of romance, or yuri aswell. Bokura ga ita, kimi ni todoke are both great romances
Aoi hana

Most of the best yuri is manga (girl friends!) and by the same sentiment a lot of the best romance too
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
May 12 2010 07:48 GMT
#5831
Anybody following Rainbow?

I'm really liking the show so far. Really quite exciting, and I didn't expect it to be any good when Shauni rec'd it :D
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
May 12 2010 08:19 GMT
#5832
On May 12 2010 15:41 snorlax wrote:
I don't get why people hate on Evangelion so much, yea its weird, but something about that feeling of being really creeped out/ invested in the characters makes it really good IMO.

As someone who really hates Evangelion, I can say that it is one of the most overrated animes of all time, so I don't really think that people hate on it alot.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Minzy
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia387 Posts
May 12 2010 08:36 GMT
#5833
yea evangelion is terrible. if your after yuri check out strawberry panic, maria sama ga miteru, sasameki koto... and various others...

Anybody following Rainbow?


yea i seen the first few eps... its decent, one of the better shows this season, the stupidity of some of the characters really blows my mind, like how that guy escapes, runs to his sisters orphanage and starts yelling out and causing a hubbub, i mean come on, he coulda just quietly got her out and legged it... but no~~

Try out Full Metal Panic. It's a bit "harder" (more realistic) than most mecha.


i personally hate mecha but FMP and gurren laggaan are awesome.
Huh...
Shauni
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
4077 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-12 09:34:30
May 12 2010 09:34 GMT
#5834
On May 12 2010 17:36 Minzy wrote:
yea evangelion is terrible. if your after yuri check out strawberry panic, maria sama ga miteru, sasameki koto... and various others...

Show nested quote +
Anybody following Rainbow?


yea i seen the first few eps... its decent, one of the better shows this season, the stupidity of some of the characters really blows my mind, like how that guy escapes, runs to his sisters orphanage and starts yelling out and causing a hubbub, i mean come on, he coulda just quietly got her out and legged it... but no~~


'quietly got her out and legged it'? What do you mean exactly?
I'm taking whatever coverage I can get, because frankly, I'm busy working on this million dollar deal at my job. Early retirement is a good thing brotha man. - MessengerASL
BrTarolg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom3574 Posts
May 12 2010 11:45 GMT
#5835
Lol new KnJ anime hahaha

the manga is pretty good though i keep tabs with that haha
bearbuddy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3442 Posts
May 12 2010 19:37 GMT
#5836
Break Blade OP is out:

+ Show Spoiler +


Girge is in it o.O
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
May 12 2010 19:42 GMT
#5837
On May 12 2010 18:34 Shauni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2010 17:36 Minzy wrote:
yea evangelion is terrible. if your after yuri check out strawberry panic, maria sama ga miteru, sasameki koto... and various others...

Anybody following Rainbow?


yea i seen the first few eps... its decent, one of the better shows this season, the stupidity of some of the characters really blows my mind, like how that guy escapes, runs to his sisters orphanage and starts yelling out and causing a hubbub, i mean come on, he coulda just quietly got her out and legged it... but no~~


'quietly got her out and legged it'? What do you mean exactly?


Means ninja her out of there and then bolted.
Get it by your hands...
triangle
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3803 Posts
May 12 2010 21:37 GMT
#5838
On May 12 2010 11:22 Tenryu wrote:
Eh i just finished the first season of Aria last night and didnt like it one bit. Waaay to slow for me. Felt like i was going to hang myself any minute =\. Only staying with it because the reviews i read pretty much mentioned that the 3rd season is pretty sick and i wanna see what all the hype was about it. Ill tough it out i guess.. hopefully
If you skip to the end though it won't really mean as much.

Honestly, if you didn't like the first season Aria probably just isn't for you.

Finally get to start watching anime again now that finals are over :D
Also known as waterfall / w4terfall
Tenryu
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States565 Posts
May 12 2010 22:27 GMT
#5839
Ah yeah, Rainbow is really good. Each character so far has a pretty awesome back story and i really like how the series focuses and emphasizes on the power of friendship.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Understar
PhailSoBaller
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States281 Posts
May 12 2010 22:42 GMT
#5840
Im looking for a new anime to edit too. Something visually pretty. It can be any genera really. I just need something new to work with. In the past ive used 5cm and i really like the visual style for that anime, if i could get some suggestions that would be nice
Ballins a habbit i want it i grab it
Prev 1 290 291 292 293 294 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech68
MindelVK 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30882
Calm 6354
Bisu 2663
Jaedong 1016
BeSt 437
Rush 400
Soma 359
Stork 356
Larva 355
Horang2 306
[ Show more ]
Light 257
Snow 172
ZerO 170
Free 152
Zeus 150
910 108
Barracks 104
Mind 104
Liquid`Ret 61
Sea.KH 53
Killer 43
sorry 38
Trap 34
Hyun 33
Shinee 32
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 24
Aegong 23
Terrorterran 21
Rock 20
Hm[arnc] 18
Sexy 11
Sacsri 10
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc9249
XaKoH 417
Counter-Strike
fl0m4941
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes607
Other Games
singsing2232
hiko919
B2W.Neo743
FrodaN446
mouzStarbuck307
DeMusliM233
Livibee179
Hui .172
RotterdaM122
Trikslyr90
QueenE73
KnowMe67
Mew2King52
ZerO(Twitch)22
C9.Mang017
BRAT_OK 1
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3224
• TFBlade683
Other Games
• Shiphtur775
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 53m
Big Brain Bouts
17h 53m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
Patches Events
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.