• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:08
CEST 18:08
KST 01:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War195.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8656 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 291

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 289 290 291 292 293 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
May 11 2010 15:48 GMT
#5801
I'm still suffering from post-KnK-movies despondency.

They should movie-fy Mobius Link.

And he should really get cracking on DDD3 -_-
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Ecael
Profile Joined February 2008
United States6703 Posts
May 11 2010 15:54 GMT
#5802
On May 12 2010 00:48 Southlight wrote:
I'm still suffering from post-KnK-movies despondency.

They should movie-fy Mobius Link.

And he should really get cracking on DDD3 -_-

Wasn't DDD3 one of the items on 2009's April Fools along with 未来福音 animated version? Would so love to see Mana in animated form

I wonder how big of a success rakkyo was, since T-M feels like they haven't been doing anything for quite some time.
Kaialynn
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States242 Posts
May 11 2010 15:55 GMT
#5803
I'm watching Angel Beats because the premise sounded really, really interesting. I'm a bit disapointed, like someone else said the characters are so bland and uninteresting, but the story seems so promising.

K-On! on the other hand is just....ugh. I...I know I shouldn't like it, but I do. A lot. It's not even like it has a real story or character development, which is what i consider to be the most important part of anime .

Does anyone have any opinions on Kanon? I really liked Clannad and Air started out good, and then kinda fell apart. If not Kanon, are there any other Romance/Drama that are really worth watching?

Oh, and is there a mecha anime that's worth watching either? I tried TTGL, hated it. Tried Code Geass, hated it. Tried Gundam 00, it was okay. The only three 'mecha' I kinda enjoyed were Last Exile, Macross Zero, and Eureka Seven.
R u for rela?
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
May 11 2010 15:58 GMT
#5804
Romance/Drama: Honey and Clover.

Mecha anime: I feel like there was one recently that was pretty decent, but I might just be mixing stuff up :x Gundam Unicorn has promise, but it's high-quality at the cost of a really slow production sched (one ep every 6 months or something). Does Last Exile even count as mecha anyways? XDDDD My mind keeps drifting to Muramasa and Baldr Sky but neither of those are anime ~_~

DDD3 Why did he suddenly stop writing? He's like, writing some collab manga with someone that doesn't even look particularly good, gah.

And Mana~ <3 Seo's cute, too.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Kaialynn
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States242 Posts
May 11 2010 16:01 GMT
#5805
On May 12 2010 00:58 Southlight wrote:
Romance/Drama: Honey and Clover.

Mecha anime: I feel like there was one recently that was pretty decent, but I might just be mixing stuff up :x Gundam Unicorn has promise, but it's high-quality at the cost of a really slow production sched (one ep every 6 months or something). Does Last Exile even count as mecha anyways? XDDDD My mind keeps drifting to Muramasa and Baldr Sky but neither of those are anime ~_~

DDD3 Why did he suddenly stop writing? He's like, writing some collab manga with someone that doesn't even look particularly good, gah.

And Mana~ <3 Seo's cute, too.


Ohhh I forgot about Honey and Clover, tyty.

And i kept the 'mecha' in quotes because i wasn't sure if Last Exile is mecha or isn't...It kinda blends the line a little.
R u for rela?
Ecael
Profile Joined February 2008
United States6703 Posts
May 11 2010 16:15 GMT
#5806
Seo is cute, but I was getting to the point of being like. Wait, no, which Seo, gaaaah why is Tsukihime and Rakkyo nigh identical in this aspect >< Mana is amazing though hahaha, "I'll defeat mother and take Daddy back from her!"...or something like that, don't have a copy handy.

Can't help but wonder whether Kokutou managed to get used to the Yakuza lifestyle~

Wait he is doing a collaboration manga instead of writing DDD3? Bah wtf.

Last Exile was probably not Mecha, if that counts as Mecha we have to redefine Laputa, Nausicca and Allison as mecha You are not the only person who thought of Muramasa and Baldr Sky when mecha is mentioned though (Though honestly, wonder if Sky is all that much mecha anymore, it has less mecha than Geass season 1 did even, Revellion or so though yeah). That said, was there even a single mecha for this season? At this rate we'll see 00's movie and the fabled Seed movie as the next mecha heh.
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
May 11 2010 16:21 GMT
#5807
http://www.remus.dti.ne.jp/~takeucto/ame_index.html
It looks pretty terribad T_T;;

Shizune Seo, Azaka's roomie. The one telling fortunes. Mana is cute~ gah, what's with all the crazy little sisters these days (Nazuna <3)

I don't think there was a mecha this season, but I feel like there was one recently that was pretty good. But again, all I can think of is Muramasa, which... isn't...
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Ecael
Profile Joined February 2008
United States6703 Posts
May 11 2010 16:26 GMT
#5808
I thought Medaka Box looked pretty bad at first, but then it got quite interesting fast, maybe Nasu can pull off a miracle like Nishio Ishin did? But yeah that looks rather bad -.-

Yeah I know, just complaining about how both Seo[s] from Tsukihime and Rakkyo did like the same thing

Only thing from 'recent' memory for me would be Unicorn, isn't that like months ago...
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
May 11 2010 16:31 GMT
#5809
You're right, can't think of any.

It's semi mecha but you might enjoy Samurai 7, that was a nice watch.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
udgnim
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8024 Posts
May 11 2010 18:34 GMT
#5810
recently saw 4th episode of Katanagatari. certainly makes things interesting on what might happen later in the series.

I also love Arakawa's quirkiness.
E-Sports is competitive video gaming with a spectator fan base. Do not take the word "Sports" literally.
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
May 11 2010 18:37 GMT
#5811
himo himo himo himo himoo
heemo?
himo?
i don't know = (
Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
Tenryu
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States565 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-11 19:20:52
May 11 2010 19:03 GMT
#5812
On May 12 2010 00:55 Kaialynn wrote:
I'm watching Angel Beats because the premise sounded really, really interesting. I'm a bit disapointed, like someone else said the characters are so bland and uninteresting, but the story seems so promising.

K-On! on the other hand is just....ugh. I...I know I shouldn't like it, but I do. A lot. It's not even like it has a real story or character development, which is what i consider to be the most important part of anime .

Does anyone have any opinions on Kanon? I really liked Clannad and Air started out good, and then kinda fell apart. If not Kanon, are there any other Romance/Drama that are really worth watching?

Oh, and is there a mecha anime that's worth watching either? I tried TTGL, hated it. Tried Code Geass, hated it. Tried Gundam 00, it was okay. The only three 'mecha' I kinda enjoyed were Last Exile, Macross Zero, and Eureka Seven.


Hmm u didnt like TTGL or Code Geass.. maybe Mecha isnt really your genre? Have u tried Macross Plus or Frontier.. or you can aslo try giving Rahxephon and Gundam SEED a try. And i guess others like Gun X Sword and Heroic Age is either a like or dislike type of series. Or u can also try Voices of a Distant Star(although its a 1 episode OVA) =\

I dont watch much mecha myself so i cant give out a really good list
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Understar
LunarC
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1186 Posts
May 11 2010 19:36 GMT
#5813
Ugh, I wouldn't equate TTGL to any mecha shows out there. It's a good show, but you need to kind of go with it rather than against it to really enjoy it. Unless you're completely into moe/hyper-cute stuff. Then I can't help you.
REEBUH!!!
SkelA
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Macedonia13090 Posts
May 11 2010 23:08 GMT
#5814
I dont like mecha shows but ive watched TTGL and Code Geass. TTGL was OK and Code Geass was awesome.

Btw i <3 K-ON ..... err i mean D-ON !!!

+ Show Spoiler +
Stork and KHAN fan till 2012 ...
Shauni
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
4077 Posts
May 11 2010 23:39 GMT
#5815
No Mystlord, I really liked Haibane Renmei. Isn't there a huge difference between Aria and that anime? I know that they are both slice of life but Haibane seems like it had more serious philosophical content and a melancholic atmosphere while Aria was just some cuddly dream world where everything was perfect and people were over-friendly. I might have gotten the wrong impression though as I didn't finish Aria...
I'm taking whatever coverage I can get, because frankly, I'm busy working on this million dollar deal at my job. Early retirement is a good thing brotha man. - MessengerASL
Ecael
Profile Joined February 2008
United States6703 Posts
May 12 2010 00:04 GMT
#5816
Denying Aria on that ground seems more like an issue of taste? You are right though, Aria isn't quite as serious as Haibane, and the elements that it focuses on are not nearly as philosophical, but much closer to life. The theme of growth and change was constant though, and it had an excellent portrayal for those. Well, the genre rather dictates the kind of content you'll be seeing is more heartwarming and peaceful rather than thought provoking, but we all look for different things.
Tenryu
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States565 Posts
May 12 2010 02:22 GMT
#5817
Eh i just finished the first season of Aria last night and didnt like it one bit. Waaay to slow for me. Felt like i was going to hang myself any minute =\. Only staying with it because the reviews i read pretty much mentioned that the 3rd season is pretty sick and i wanna see what all the hype was about it. Ill tough it out i guess.. hopefully
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Understar
Ecael
Profile Joined February 2008
United States6703 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-12 02:29:00
May 12 2010 02:28 GMT
#5818
If you feel like Aria the Animation is too slow, just rush to like the second half of Origination, maybe a bit before, that's when things will start changing. But really, Aria isn't something that everyone will like. Its purpose isn't exactly to entertain you, nor is it to give you something to think about, it is just something you appreciate when you are tired.

Then there are weirdos like me that marathons it and gets a kick out of it.
Tenryu
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States565 Posts
May 12 2010 02:49 GMT
#5819
So ur saying theres really no reason for me to watch the first 2 seasons and half of the 3rd season because theres 0 in change in series?
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Understar
Ecael
Profile Joined February 2008
United States6703 Posts
May 12 2010 03:33 GMT
#5820
If you think that the first season was too slow, well, practically everything else proceeds at about the same speed. So for all practical purposes, no change far as you are concerned.
Prev 1 289 290 291 292 293 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech68
MindelVK 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30882
Calm 6354
Bisu 2663
Jaedong 1016
BeSt 437
Rush 400
Soma 359
Stork 356
Larva 355
Horang2 306
[ Show more ]
Light 257
Snow 172
ZerO 170
Free 152
Zeus 150
910 108
Barracks 104
Mind 104
Liquid`Ret 61
Sea.KH 53
Killer 43
sorry 38
Trap 34
Hyun 33
Shinee 32
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 24
Aegong 23
Terrorterran 21
Rock 20
Hm[arnc] 18
Sexy 11
Sacsri 10
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc9249
XaKoH 417
Counter-Strike
fl0m4941
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes607
Other Games
singsing2232
hiko919
B2W.Neo743
FrodaN446
mouzStarbuck307
DeMusliM233
Livibee179
Hui .172
RotterdaM122
Trikslyr90
QueenE73
KnowMe67
Mew2King52
ZerO(Twitch)22
C9.Mang017
BRAT_OK 1
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3224
• TFBlade683
Other Games
• Shiphtur775
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 53m
Big Brain Bouts
17h 53m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
Patches Events
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.