• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:48
CEST 18:48
KST 01:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)70Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6900 users

Movie Discussion! - Page 18

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 483 Next
Please title all your posts and rehost all images on Imgur
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10960 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-01 08:54:56
April 01 2009 08:54 GMT
#341
Watchmen - I liked it and had zero clue about the comic... Problems to follow? Where and why? I really never had a problem. What I thought was strange was (writing this so it does not spoil) that you hear/see more of a dead watchmen's character/motivation than from most of the living.
Btw: I really don't know what should be so special about the sex scene?

Gran Torino - Awesome.
XoXiDe
Profile Joined September 2006
United States620 Posts
April 01 2009 15:55 GMT
#342
Never heard of this movie before but was surprisingly good, tense moments and suspenseful almost the whole movie, 4/5 stars!

[image loading]
TEXAN
EscPlan9
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2777 Posts
April 01 2009 21:15 GMT
#343
X-Men Origins: Wolverine: 4/10. First half was interesting, 2nd half sorta dragged on. There was some important details uncovered in the 2nd half at least, but it could have been done so much better. Oh yea, and since this is the workprint version, some scenes in the version I had weren't rendered yet. Like you'll suddenly see Wolverine turn into a black and white 3D wire-frame model falling and weird stuff like that. I actually found those parts pretty funny!
Undefeated TL Tecmo Super Bowl League Champion
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-01 22:27:39
April 01 2009 22:27 GMT
#344
[image loading]

It was alright. bale made it bearable, but i could watch that man sleep for hours...
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
captainwafflos
Profile Joined February 2009
United States212 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-02 10:30:13
April 02 2009 10:29 GMT
#345
little note on Let The Right One In, which could be responsible for the huge variance of opinion on the movie in this thread:

http://iconsoffright.com/news/2009/03/let_the_wrong_subtitles_in_to.html

tldr: most currently available subbed versions (including the official us release) have been butchered by very poor translation.

anyone have a link to a torrent of this film with good subs? (if asking this is against forum policy, please ignore)
EscPlan9
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2777 Posts
April 02 2009 22:47 GMT
#346
Primer 4/10. Mildly interesting, but I got really tired of listening to those two talk throughout the entire movie. I couldn't even follow the dialog most of the time. And it's one of those movies you have to see multiple times to really understand. I didn't bother seeing it more than once cuz it really didn't interest me that much - I just wiki'd it after and was like "oh... okay". Looks like I'm the only one who wasn't blown away by this movie
Undefeated TL Tecmo Super Bowl League Champion
Hans-Titan
Profile Blog Joined March 2005
Denmark1711 Posts
April 02 2009 23:02 GMT
#347
[image loading]


Good movie, in fact very good. The plot is very well thought out, the acting above average and the shots over LA jawdropping at times. Also has some valid themes, without being moralizing. Can warmly recommend.
Trying is the first step towards failure, and hope is the first step towards disappointment!
Butigroove
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Seychelles2061 Posts
April 03 2009 00:13 GMT
#348
On April 02 2009 06:15 EscPlan9 wrote:
X-Men Origins: Wolverine: 4/10. First half was interesting, 2nd half sorta dragged on. There was some important details uncovered in the 2nd half at least, but it could have been done so much better. Oh yea, and since this is the workprint version, some scenes in the version I had weren't rendered yet. Like you'll suddenly see Wolverine turn into a black and white 3D wire-frame model falling and weird stuff like that. I actually found those parts pretty funny!

I saw this last night, I completely and would give it an 8/10.

I hope you don't include the fact that you downloaded it illegally when it was UNFINISHED into your score.

Definitely worth the watch imho.
beach beers buds beezies b-b-b-baaanelings
EscPlan9
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2777 Posts
April 03 2009 01:24 GMT
#349
On April 03 2009 09:13 Butigroove wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2009 06:15 EscPlan9 wrote:
X-Men Origins: Wolverine: 4/10. First half was interesting, 2nd half sorta dragged on. There was some important details uncovered in the 2nd half at least, but it could have been done so much better. Oh yea, and since this is the workprint version, some scenes in the version I had weren't rendered yet. Like you'll suddenly see Wolverine turn into a black and white 3D wire-frame model falling and weird stuff like that. I actually found those parts pretty funny!

I saw this last night, I completely and would give it an 8/10.

I hope you don't include the fact that you downloaded it illegally when it was UNFINISHED into your score.

Definitely worth the watch imho.


Worth the watch for the story... like Star Wars Episode 1. Doesn't mean it was that good.

The unfinished bits were some of the highlights! I went back and rewatched those parts because they were so funny
Undefeated TL Tecmo Super Bowl League Champion
geometryb
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States1249 Posts
April 03 2009 09:02 GMT
#350
taken: good
21: average
yes men: average
quantum of solace: good
harold and kumar 2: meh
poilord
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Germany3252 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-08 00:22:53
April 08 2009 00:17 GMT
#351
On February 15 2009 23:18 jello_biafra wrote:
Since Rocknrolla has already been covered here I suggest In Bruges.
[image loading]


It's a movie about two hitmen sent to Bruges, Belgium by their employer for reasons he will reveal when they're there. Don't want to spoil anything but it's funny, it has some action and it's worth watching.


Haven't laughed that much watching a movie in a looong time :D
This has everything in it you could wish for; comedy, emotion, great scenery and the two main characters make for a great comedic duo. Especially Colin Farrell did a really good job, he's just too funny. Aaaand it has some of the funniest lines I've ever heard in a movie.

However, I can understand if people say they didn't like it, because not everyone enjoys this type of movie and it's getting rather strange at the end.
Nevertheless a must watch movie imo.


CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11601 Posts
April 08 2009 00:19 GMT
#352
IP Man

Great movie.

Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
April 08 2009 00:45 GMT
#353
On April 02 2009 00:55 XoXiDe wrote:
Never heard of this movie before but was surprisingly good, tense moments and suspenseful almost the whole movie, 4/5 stars!

[image loading]



Movie about a couple traveling through Siberia on a train (no shit?) and they get involved in some bad stuff. Movie does a good job of giving you that feeling that they are in way over their heads. I like the fact that they tried to use unpredictable/predictables but It was only the 2nd level of 'twist' so it was still predictable to me (hard to explain, but if you saw it you would understand). I didn't like the ending at all, the rap sheet does no justice. Blah
4/10
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-08 01:57:50
April 08 2009 01:56 GMT
#354
[image loading]


typical story about racing being used for crime as usual. But very entertaining to watch (gets your balls to go ape shit with the car chases)

Except the cars aren't the center of attraction anymore.

Give it a 7/10

Edit: btw, muscle > imports this time
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
revoluti0nX
Profile Joined August 2008
United States61 Posts
April 08 2009 02:33 GMT
#355
[image loading]
With great mustache comes great responsibility.
d34gl3r
Profile Joined December 2007
Korea (South)92 Posts
April 08 2009 02:33 GMT
#356
^ LOL
Hi
mahnini
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States6862 Posts
April 08 2009 02:35 GMT
#357
resident evil degeneration sucked
the world's a playground. you know that when you're a kid, but somewhere along the way everyone forgets it.
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
April 08 2009 02:37 GMT
#358
On April 08 2009 11:33 revoluti0nX wrote:
[image loading]


SO, TELL US HOW IT WAS!
:O
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
April 10 2009 00:54 GMT
#359
On March 30 2009 07:10 EscPlan9 wrote:


Gummo: meh. Sucked. I had high expectations thinking it would be as powerful as Kids. This was just bad.

.



On March 30 2009 13:58 TryThis wrote:
I never said gummo was good i just said it was messed up, its one of those movies, that is solely just some characters dicking around with no real plot..no plot at all in fact



well if you guys wanted a movie like kids, try Wassup Rockers by the same director. Its about latin skaters in LA.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
paradoxus
Profile Joined August 2008
Argentina10 Posts
April 10 2009 05:52 GMT
#360
has anyone seen Shinjuku Incident (San suk si gin)

its jackie chans new movie and he has a serious role unlike most of his other ones ...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1075419/
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 483 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
RotterdaM569
TaKeTV 205
IndyStarCraft 105
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2253
RotterdaM 569
ByuN 239
MaxPax 116
IndyStarCraft 105
BRAT_OK 90
UpATreeSC 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3670
Shuttle 881
Stork 382
Mini 344
EffOrt 281
Rush 255
actioN 250
Horang2 242
Mind 163
Mong 105
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 92
910 77
Yoon 74
hero 66
Zeus 63
Snow 56
Barracks 49
Shinee 48
Sea.KH 42
JYJ 37
sorry 28
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 23
HiyA 21
Killer 17
Terrorterran 16
Sexy 14
zelot 10
Sacsri 9
scan(afreeca) 9
Dota 2
Gorgc5775
qojqva2685
Counter-Strike
fl0m4720
Fnx 675
Other Games
singsing2250
Beastyqt671
ceh9489
Hui .225
XaKoH 146
Trikslyr82
QueenE55
Chillindude28
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV215
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 31
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur271
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
6h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 12m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
18h 12m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 23h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.