• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:20
CEST 14:20
KST 21:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8820 users

Movie Discussion! - Page 14

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 483 Next
Please title all your posts and rehost all images on Imgur
DreaM)XeRO
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Korea (South)4667 Posts
March 17 2009 21:11 GMT
#261
Frost Nixon. It was a compelling movie and very gripping, but for the younger, more weed oriented generation, this movie could get a little dull and action starved. But has a great plot and the acting is terrific. 8/10


Slumdog Millionaire. I will admit it. I cried while watching this movie. Not just a little man tear, i fucking got on my knees and bawled my eyes out. Like, "cry me a river" gay manlove crying. All of that aside, this is the movie that will set your heart on FIRE. 100% deserves every oscar it won, and one of the best movies i have ever seen. 10/10


Twilight. Jesus fucking christ. DO NOT ask me why I saw this movie. (In case you are wondering I didn't...my girlfriend did) I however read the book (no homo man..no homo) and was expecting a little more than what i saw. What I saw was overcaffinated, over publicized pretty boys prancing around in tight jeans, with wayyy too much makeup on, with a fuckton of cheesy love lines thrown in. It sucked. Don't watch it on pain of death. (yours of course) 2/10


Pineapple Express. Pure Comedy. If you love the Superbad/Knocked Up movies this is a definite must watch. The acting was terrific and if you love a good laugh defintly a must see. 7/10


Dark Knight. FUCK YOU. I LOVED THIS MOVIE. "WHY SOOO SERIOUS?" RIP HEATH LEDGER. ..[/endrant] 9/10


Watchmen. If you read the graphic novel, you would be extremely excited for this. For those who have not read the graphic novel, go to your local barnes and nobel and read it. NOW. It is packed with both obvious and subversive symbolism and will guarenteed rock your brain with its pure epicness. I saw the movie in IMAX and it blew me away. Allthough the plot was wayy too broad...(2.5 hours) It stayed somewhat true to the graphic novel. The visuals were amazing and i loved the actors. I want to write more, but you have to go see this for yourself. 8/10
cw)minsean(ru
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-18 00:07:20
March 17 2009 23:07 GMT
#262
On March 16 2009 12:23 7mk wrote:


Oh and everyone check out "99 francs" if you haven't

wiki summary: The plot mainly concerns the story of a commercial advertisement designer, Octave Parango, who has an easy-going, highly paid job, and an active free life mainly consisting of drugs and random one-time sexual relationships. However, he starts growing weary of his job, and after having his first ever long-time relationship with fellow worker Sophie fail miserably, he organises a revolt against the advertisement business.
This movie is pretty much taking a huge shit on all the hipocrisy in our society, and is just so original and has so many crazy moments... seriously go watch it (just dont do it if your trying to have a nice relaxed dvd evening with your gf ^^)


yo watched this from your recommendation, excellent!! thank you
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11601 Posts
March 17 2009 23:10 GMT
#263
Gomorra
Power, money and blood: these are the “values” that the residents of the province of Naples and Caserta confront every day. They have practically no choice, and are forced to obey the rules of the “System”, the Camorra.
Only a lucky few can even think of leading a “normal” life.

Five stories are woven together in this violent scenario, set in a cruel and ostensibly invented world, but one that is deeply rooted in reality.




Great movie.
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
food
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1951 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-21 05:58:08
March 21 2009 05:53 GMT
#264
On March 18 2009 06:00 TryThis wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 10 2009 07:41 zizou21 wrote:
[image loading]

Greatest war movie ever made? Yes? Yes?



i beg to differ. i watched this the other day....
[image loading]



sorry but not even close T_T
The Thin Red Line is just another level
and i would definitely rate at least few more movies above Platoon
like Apocalypse Now for instance
Can someone ban this guy please? FA?
MyStiC_Chaos
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States499 Posts
March 22 2009 01:40 GMT
#265
Paul Blart: Mall Cop:Was good at some parts. I laughed a bit. Everything was really predictable though. 6/10

Role Models: I like Seann William Scott so yeah. Paul Rudd is a good actor too. I found the movie to be hilarious. 8/10

Slumdog Millionaire: Deserves all the awards it won and was nominated for, IMO. If you haven't watched it and want a good movie, I suggest you get it when it comes out on DVD. People said they cried... I didn't cry but I was really into it. Try it and see if you like it. 10/10
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-22 01:52:14
March 22 2009 01:49 GMT
#266
how the hell do you cry form slumdog?

I recently watched two documentaries about Iraq.

One called Heavy Metal In Baghdad and the other called Hometown Baghdad.

They were both insightful. Kind of ironic that they both cover some of the Metal scene in Iraq.
Basically follow around groups of college aged youth and their daily struggles and what not. 1000x more informative about the situation over there than a years worth of American news media.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
ilj.psa
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Peru3081 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-22 03:27:32
March 22 2009 03:19 GMT
#267
[image loading]

pretty good movie, the special effects really standed by far, strange that I felt like i was in the scene, which never happened to me before, overall i recommend it 6.5/10
EpiK
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Korea (South)5757 Posts
March 22 2009 12:17 GMT
#268
in the past few days i've watched two movies from this thread: Rec and Sunshine

Rec
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

If you're a fan of 28 days later, I highly recommend this movie. I almost shat myself in several occasions and I can usually hold up pretty well for these type of movies. Warning though, the plot premise is VERY similar to 28 days later except everything takes place in one apartment building. I would rate 8/10


Sunshine
+ Show Spoiler +
This movie was fucking amazing. It mixed sci-fi with thriller/horror really well and just was a really entertaining movie overall. I especially liked the music and the camera work in this, mainly because i'm a sucker for trippy/space-themed stuff. I rate 9.5/10
MC9876
Profile Joined March 2009
Netherlands82 Posts
March 22 2009 15:19 GMT
#269
On March 22 2009 21:17 EpiK wrote:
in the past few days i've watched two movies from this thread: Rec and Sunshine

Sunshine
+ Show Spoiler +
This movie was fucking amazing. It mixed sci-fi with thriller/horror really well and just was a really entertaining movie overall. I especially liked the music and the camera work in this, mainly because i'm a sucker for trippy/space-themed stuff. I rate 9.5/10



That is possibly one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

+ Show Spoiler +
The story and script are unrealistic, unbelievable and have no sense of reality or science. And the ending just filled me with anger and left me with a feeling of total disbelievef


Slumdog Millionaire I just watched, a bit over the top, but really nice.
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
March 22 2009 16:37 GMT
#270
On March 22 2009 10:49 CharlieMurphy wrote:
how the hell do you cry form slumdog?

I recently watched two documentaries about Iraq.

One called Heavy Metal In Baghdad and the other called Hometown Baghdad.

They were both insightful. Kind of ironic that they both cover some of the Metal scene in Iraq.
Basically follow around groups of college aged youth and their daily struggles and what not. 1000x more informative about the situation over there than a years worth of American news media.


which one contains less metal music ?
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
Xenixx
Profile Joined June 2008
United States538 Posts
March 22 2009 17:52 GMT
#271
can i ask why slumdog spoke to you so well? i watched it and i thought it was garbage, 4/10

i think maybe its because ppl don't realize how much the world (reality) fucking sucks because theyre sheltered maybe? idk fill me in, i dont get all the hype
Mista
Profile Joined January 2009
Singapore1022 Posts
March 22 2009 18:11 GMT
#272
I just saw Slumdog Millionaire and even though it had a fairy tale ending,the characters and especially the child actors were superbly developed.Was touching and feel good story.
Time for some Revolution !
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
March 22 2009 20:48 GMT
#273
On March 23 2009 01:37 zizou21 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2009 10:49 CharlieMurphy wrote:
how the hell do you cry form slumdog?

I recently watched two documentaries about Iraq.

One called Heavy Metal In Baghdad and the other called Hometown Baghdad.

They were both insightful. Kind of ironic that they both cover some of the Metal scene in Iraq.
Basically follow around groups of college aged youth and their daily struggles and what not. 1000x more informative about the situation over there than a years worth of American news media.


which one contains less metal music ?


Obviously the one that doesn't have Metal in the title? Even that one doesn't have that much music in it, it's just about the guys who play metal mostly.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
MC9876
Profile Joined March 2009
Netherlands82 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-23 15:43:24
March 23 2009 09:07 GMT
#274
On March 23 2009 02:52 Xenixx wrote:
can i ask why slumdog spoke to you so well? i watched it and i thought it was garbage, 4/10

i think maybe its because ppl don't realize how much the world (reality) fucking sucks because theyre sheltered maybe? idk fill me in, i dont get all the hype



I liked it because it was something diferent than you're average drama/action movie. The story and script are unlikely, but I was decently thought out and executed.
All those Boyle movies are over the top and have script issues, but they're something different and I like them (except Sunshine)

Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-23 14:32:38
March 23 2009 14:24 GMT
#275
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Typical Guy Ritchie film that has a good sense of humor Give it a 7/10 ^_^

Also, if you're liked stoned or you wanna be as shallow as possible I recommend this shit..

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Kinda gets boring watching all trilogies... Like I really recommend it you're stoned and shit

Lastly, I never get tired of watching The Prestige

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


It's about two magicians whom are really obsessed with knowing each others secret
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-23 19:41:49
March 23 2009 15:05 GMT
#276
The prestige is fkn weird and everyone who loved Sunshine should watch Event Horizon

Also this:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


The Fall: 9/10
Very good movie. It's from 2006 and it's one of the best movies I've seen.
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
ibutoss
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Australia341 Posts
March 23 2009 17:16 GMT
#277
Changeling 7/10
+ Show Spoiler +
I'll admit it this movie did surprise me in a good way, I didn't expect it to be so interesting. I was expecting a pretty plain talking-movie. Rather good movie, watchable but not my personal taste in movies


Unborn 4/10
+ Show Spoiler +
I like to think of these sorts of movies and disposable. No way I will ever watch it twice, as tempting as it is just to see the star in panties. Sticks to the typical hollywood horror movie formula. Girl gets scared, no one believes girl, non-believers start getting killed, blahblah. The ending is very lame and completely contradicts the entire story but I suppose bad endings are expected these days.
Nada got Yooned
Salv
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Canada3083 Posts
March 23 2009 17:26 GMT
#278
I downloaded Watchmen and I was pleasantly surprised. I haven't read the graphic novel, but I wikipedia'd some information and got the overview of all the characters and such before I actually watched it. I actually liked the ending a lot.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
March 23 2009 20:33 GMT
#279
RockNRolla was so stupid. Don't waste your time
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
uiCk
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Canada1925 Posts
March 23 2009 20:40 GMT
#280
On March 21 2009 14:53 food wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2009 06:00 TryThis wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 10 2009 07:41 zizou21 wrote:
[image loading]

Greatest war movie ever made? Yes? Yes?



i beg to differ. i watched this the other day....
[image loading]



sorry but not even close T_T
The Thin Red Line is just another level
and i would definitely rate at least few more movies above Platoon
like Apocalypse Now for instance


thin red line was considered a flop (and hell yea its a flop considering that line up)
thin red line = 7.4 , platoon = 8.2 rating on imdb wich is a hughe diference (you can pretty much always count on imdb ratings)
also platoon reaches a human level, and a real perspective (oliver stone went to vietnam, wich is the reason why platoon is one of the best war movies EVER).
I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 483 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1273
WardiTV608
OGKoka 196
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko392
OGKoka 196
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 11353
Bisu 3680
FanTaSy 2754
Shuttle 2055
Jaedong 1110
actioN 840
BeSt 684
Horang2 545
EffOrt 527
Leta 206
[ Show more ]
Zeus 194
Larva 175
Barracks 113
Dewaltoss 109
Mind 101
Mini 85
Mong 79
sorry 51
soO 49
ToSsGirL 48
Sexy 47
Sea.KH 46
JYJ 45
scan(afreeca) 45
Bale 34
Killer 30
Shinee 30
sSak 28
Free 27
Snow 26
Aegong 21
HiyA 16
zelot 13
Sacsri 12
yabsab 8
Yoon 7
Dota 2
Gorgc3311
Dendi775
XaKoH 343
qojqva171
Counter-Strike
x6flipin304
Other Games
singsing2555
Livibee2056
olofmeister1328
B2W.Neo667
crisheroes312
Pyrionflax220
hiko196
XBOCT194
dupreeh97
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
Afreeca ASL 7949
Other Games
gamesdonequick577
StarCraft: Brood War
StarCastTV_EN152
UltimateBattle 99
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1832
Other Games
• WagamamaTV162
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 40m
Replay Cast
10h 40m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 40m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
22h 40m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.