• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:53
CEST 02:53
KST 09:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9592 users

Movie Discussion! - Page 13

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 483 Next
Please title all your posts and rehost all images on Imgur
Ramsing
Profile Joined July 2007
Canada233 Posts
March 15 2009 22:40 GMT
#241
[image loading]


total crap imho. i watched it for the first hour and just gave up it was so bad
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-15 23:06:46
March 15 2009 23:04 GMT
#242
[image loading]

pretty good =]
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-16 00:39:45
March 16 2009 00:38 GMT
#243
[image loading]


If you liked Persepolis, you should see Sita Sings the Blues (ignore the silly tagline and weird synopsis - it is great. 100% on Rottentomatoes, like 9 on imdb).
:O
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
March 16 2009 01:03 GMT
#244
Fight Club and Quantum Of Solace

I'd always heard about Fight Club, but I just saw it for the first time today. It was pretty awesome.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
March 16 2009 01:26 GMT
#245
On March 02 2009 15:18 KissBlade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2009 01:13 infinity21 wrote:
I just saw Street Fighter: the Legend of Chun-Li. What a waste of $11.50



What could have POSSIBLY convinced you it wasn't going to be ..?

Edit: I saw Underworld III and Friday 13th. Both were equally awful but I was forced one way or another by tasteless people.

I actually didn't even know about it until I was at the theater. My friends wanted to see it so I didn't argue since I didn't even know who was starring in it lol
Official Entusman #21
Enki
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2548 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-16 02:17:13
March 16 2009 02:14 GMT
#246
Alien
[image loading]


Pretty good, what it lacked in special effects it more then made up for in atmosphere.
7/10


Aliens
[image loading]


Liked this much better, probably the best sci-fi movie I have seen so far, everything was so fuckin tense, took awhile for the action to get started but once it did I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.
9/10
"Practice, practice, practice. And when you're not practicing you should be practicing. It's the only way to get better. The only way." I run the Smix Fanclub!
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-16 02:39:23
March 16 2009 02:38 GMT
#247
On March 16 2009 06:49 poilord wrote:
[image loading]


I can see people being divided about the ending, but apart from that it's one of the better sci-fi movies out there imho.


YO nice movie i agree 100% in fact i cant think of a better science fiction movie right now. some really beautiful death scenes in that movie. and altho the ending was a bit crazy i loved it, i loved all of it
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-16 03:28:42
March 16 2009 03:23 GMT
#248
On February 28 2009 23:26 Nazarene wrote:
Watched the first hour of 'Milk' today.

Too gay (what a surprise huh), and too boring in my opinion. And I honestly don't see why Sean Penn received an Oscar for that. It isn't that it was a mediocre or subpar performance, but it's just too often that actors that play retards or some shit like that gets nominated for an Oscar.


Well go watch the whole movie again, then mystic river (the one he got his first academy award for) like I coincidentally did ... it's insane how perfectly he plays 2 people who just couldn't be more different in such a believable way
I also didnt like the first 30 min of the movie.. just way too much gay kissing etc. but after that it gets pretty good

ive watched quite a few movies lately:
Frost/Nixon: very good and entertaining (It's not a complex political movie in that sense in case youre worried, very easy to enjoy) 7.5/10

The Wrestler:I loved requiem for a dream, The Wrestler was not similar in any way, a lot more "simple" but very good nonetheless (and I love marisa tomei.. although she was a little annoying in that movie... not her fault though ^^) 7.5/10

speaking of Marisa Tomei, go watch Before the Devil knows youre dead with Phillip seymour hoffman, MT ,Ethan Hawke and Albert Finney if you havent... incredible thriller with amazing acting, especially from PSH (as always) and Finney 9/10

Boogie Nights - Finally watched that movie, man it's so insane, Mark Wahlberg playing a kinda retarded porn star named "Dirk Diggler"... that already says a lot :D
Also with philip seymour hoffman and generally with largely the same cast as Magnolia (same director - Paul Thomas Anderson), which is one of my favourite movies 8/10


Slumdog millionaire
I was very skeptical about all the hype surrounding the movie but when I watched it I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, I defnitely thought it easily deserved the oscar for best movie 9/10

Role Models
Comedy with Paul Rudd, Stiffler and McLovin... Was pretty much exactly what I expected which is a good thing, funny and entertaining 6/10
Pineapple Express
I liked Superbad, I loved this movie
James Franco plays his lazy stupid pothead to perfection :D 8/10

And someone mentioned
spirited away also one of my all time favourites, along with
princess mononoke THE best anime there is imho, hayao miyazaki is just a frigging genius.
9.5/10 for both of em =)

Oh and everyone check out "99 francs" if you haven't

wiki summary: The plot mainly concerns the story of a commercial advertisement designer, Octave Parango, who has an easy-going, highly paid job, and an active free life mainly consisting of drugs and random one-time sexual relationships. However, he starts growing weary of his job, and after having his first ever long-time relationship with fellow worker Sophie fail miserably, he organises a revolt against the advertisement business.
This movie is pretty much taking a huge shit on all the hipocrisy in our society, and is just so original and has so many crazy moments... seriously go watch it (just dont do it if your trying to have a nice relaxed dvd evening with your gf ^^)
beep boop
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
March 16 2009 05:16 GMT
#249
before the devil knows youre dead is excellent
food
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1951 Posts
March 16 2009 05:43 GMT
#250
i think no one posted this yet
Slumdog and City of God is the same fucking movie. Seriously.
I liked Slumdog better but its so similar. On the edge of plagiarism.
Can someone ban this guy please? FA?
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
March 17 2009 07:25 GMT
#251
[image loading]

big eastwood fan but i thought this was pretty bad
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
mrgerry
Profile Joined September 2008
United States1508 Posts
March 17 2009 07:37 GMT
#252
[image loading]

got to see Bowie's dick, other than that the plot moved too slow but the shots were very well done. But bowie's dick was the high point of this.
EscPlan9
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2777 Posts
March 17 2009 08:20 GMT
#253
[image loading]

8/10. Highly recommended! I'm generally a fan of dystopian novels and movies, and this one certainly doesn't disappoint.

[image loading]

6/10. It has a unique story and is somewhat interesting. I watched it stoned and it was a good trip.

[image loading]

4/10. The antagonist clown played by John Belushi (sp?) makes this movie bearable. I saw this movie once before when it first came out in theatres in '97, so I didn't remember anything from the movie except the clown.
Undefeated TL Tecmo Super Bowl League Champion
Spartan
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2030 Posts
March 17 2009 08:30 GMT
#254
Sunshine was a horrible movie.
# http://nkspartan.com (web engineer)
# TL member since July 2005; CEO of Vile Gaming; President of Team Vile
Enki
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2548 Posts
March 17 2009 19:04 GMT
#255
[image loading]

3/10 - pretty boring, completely shitted up the story. The series seems so lost without Cameron's directing by now. I give them points for trying something new (battling aliens without any weapons omgz) but it really failed for the most part.

[image loading]

6.5/10 - Decent, I liked Ron Perlman in this but that's the most I can say

[image loading]

.0000001/10 - fucking horrible...+ Show Spoiler +
and wtf is up with the hybrid? stupid as FUCKKKKK


"Practice, practice, practice. And when you're not practicing you should be practicing. It's the only way to get better. The only way." I run the Smix Fanclub!
pokerface
Profile Joined April 2007
507 Posts
March 17 2009 19:30 GMT
#256
EsCplan9 the clow from Spawn played by John Leguizamo btw.
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17846 Posts
March 17 2009 20:11 GMT
#257
Putting it into spoilers to decrease loading times.

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


Booooooooooooooooring.


+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


One of the worst movies I've seen over the past years.


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Pretty good. Not as boring as The Wrestler.


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Hahahahahahahahaha.... Not.


Will put the rest tomorrow. I've watched quite a lot of movies recently
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Vharox
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States1037 Posts
March 17 2009 20:46 GMT
#258
On March 16 2009 11:14 Enki wrote:

Aliens
[image loading]


Liked this much better, probably the best sci-fi movie I have seen so far, everything was so fuckin tense, took awhile for the action to get started but once it did I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.
9/10


Absolutely loved Aliens. Best sci-fi movie for sure.
Thrill
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
2599 Posts
March 17 2009 20:50 GMT
#259
On March 16 2009 11:14 Enki wrote:
Alien
[image loading]


Pretty good, what it lacked in special effects it more then made up for in atmosphere.
7/10


Aliens
[image loading]


Liked this much better, probably the best sci-fi movie I have seen so far, everything was so fuckin tense, took awhile for the action to get started but once it did I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.
9/10


Too obvious to be a good troll. Like saying you prefer Jedi over Empire, just doesn't fly.
TryThis
Profile Joined February 2007
Canada1522 Posts
March 17 2009 21:00 GMT
#260
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 10 2009 07:41 zizou21 wrote:
[image loading]

Greatest war movie ever made? Yes? Yes?



i beg to differ. i watched this the other day....
[image loading]
Dwell
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 483 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings86
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O158
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 194
ProTech29
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1013
ZZZero.O 163
Bale 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm206
League of Legends
Doublelift4715
JimRising 723
Counter-Strike
minikerr21
Other Games
summit1g10510
C9.Mang0321
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1160
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP127
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 7m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 7m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 7m
Replay Cast
22h 7m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.