• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:53
CEST 02:53
KST 09:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9592 users

Movie Discussion! - Page 12

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 483 Next
Please title all your posts and rehost all images on Imgur
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
March 04 2009 22:27 GMT
#221
[image loading]


i'd seen parts of it before but never straight through. its even better than i thought. the music is amazing - reminds me of fuck buttons or something very modern. its great.

waltz with bashir was amazing, let the right one in was fantastic, the lives of others was incredible (you like these adjectives, dont you?) and grandma's boy is a classic.

this is a great thread, by the way.
:O
gLyo
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
United States2410 Posts
March 04 2009 22:41 GMT
#222
^ Kubruck is amazing. He is the only director I've seen that manages to transcend the medium and create something closer to fine art than cinema (not that cinema isn't art).

[image loading]


Woody Allen is good, too.
http://benisonline.com
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
March 05 2009 01:47 GMT
#223
also,

[image loading]


A young American studying in Paris in 1968 strikes up a friendship with a French brother and sister. Set against the background of the '68 Paris student riots.
:O
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-09 22:39:47
March 06 2009 01:37 GMT
#224
[image loading]

coudlnt help but laugh thru most of it T_T
pretty good movi tho, and didnt think i could ever be aroused by sigourney weaver

by the way wat the fuck is up with iam holmes rolling up that magazine and jabbing it in her mouth?
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
March 06 2009 10:40 GMT
#225
[image loading]


this movie is a complete headfuck. it's basically the journey of human life told via reeeeeeeeeeally amazing stock footage ( ie from birth to death. ) and a soundtrack by jonny greenwood, lead guitarist in radiohead. i definitely recommend it if you are in the mood for something weird but profoundly moving.

:O
ahrara_
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Afghanistan1715 Posts
March 07 2009 04:39 GMT
#226
On March 02 2009 08:47 s.a.y wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2009 05:43 poilord wrote:
finally got around to watching
[image loading]


I'm usually not a fan of German cinema, except for a few outstanding movies like "The Experiment" (Das Experiment). The Lives of Others definitely is one of those movies. Really good characters and hats off to the director for an outstanding debut.
Watch it, if you haven't already.


i totally love that song.

even written a song about it that i play with my bend.

i recomment the cartoon Bolt, pixar quality.

2nding the lives of others. had me in tears. just great =)
in Afghanistan we have 20% literacy rate
ahrara_
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Afghanistan1715 Posts
March 07 2009 04:42 GMT
#227
On February 28 2009 09:56 MuR)Ernu wrote:
[image loading]

one of the best movies i have seen in a while

Oh my god. I can't say enough good things about this movie.

Everybody reading this thread ignore all other recommendations and see this.
in Afghanistan we have 20% literacy rate
Bub
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States3518 Posts
March 07 2009 08:27 GMT
#228
[image loading]


Ip Man. Good movie.
XK ßubonic
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
March 09 2009 22:41 GMT
#229
[image loading]

Greatest war movie ever made? Yes? Yes?
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
Coulthard
Profile Joined September 2005
Greece3359 Posts
March 10 2009 16:11 GMT
#230
On February 17 2009 05:16 BreakEnter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2009 04:02 nofAcedAgent wrote:
I recently discovered a webshow called Afterworld. Its a Sci-Fi series from 2007 consisting of 130, 3 minute episodes. (If you find yourself wanting to watch in its entirety there is a torrent that has cut the intros for easier watching)

Its a very exciting journey - I wont say what its about, but watch the first 3 minutes, and I think you might be hooked!



I watched 2 episodes and it seems promising, I'll watch it. Thanks for the recommendation!
Also I watched Prime which also was great, it was a long time since I saw such a brain disturbing movie and I'll definitely watch it again.

I recommend The Uninvited:
[image loading]


I expected just another lame hollywood horror, but this movie was fantastic. It has great story and ending which is unpredictable but doesn't leave you feeling cheated. Also great soundtrack and beautiful setting. Highly recommended.


Good movie but the japanese version is 10 times better
Ozarugold
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
2716 Posts
March 10 2009 16:21 GMT
#231
On March 11 2009 01:11 Coulthard wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2009 05:16 BreakEnter wrote:
On February 17 2009 04:02 nofAcedAgent wrote:
I recently discovered a webshow called Afterworld. Its a Sci-Fi series from 2007 consisting of 130, 3 minute episodes. (If you find yourself wanting to watch in its entirety there is a torrent that has cut the intros for easier watching)

Its a very exciting journey - I wont say what its about, but watch the first 3 minutes, and I think you might be hooked!



I watched 2 episodes and it seems promising, I'll watch it. Thanks for the recommendation!
Also I watched Prime which also was great, it was a long time since I saw such a brain disturbing movie and I'll definitely watch it again.

I recommend The Uninvited:
[image loading]


I expected just another lame hollywood horror, but this movie was fantastic. It has great story and ending which is unpredictable but doesn't leave you feeling cheated. Also great soundtrack and beautiful setting. Highly recommended.


Good movie but the japanese version is 10 times better

I think you mean the korean version~
this is my quote.
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
March 10 2009 16:25 GMT
#232
Seven Pounds was pretty good I almost cried.
why so 진지해?
exeprime
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United Kingdom643 Posts
March 10 2009 16:31 GMT
#233
On March 07 2009 13:42 ahrara_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2009 09:56 MuR)Ernu wrote:
[image loading]

one of the best movies i have seen in a while

Oh my god. I can't say enough good things about this movie.

Everybody reading this thread ignore all other recommendations and see this.


qft

City of God is one of my all-time favourite movies.
Dknight
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States5225 Posts
March 10 2009 16:36 GMT
#234
Se7en and Green Street Hooligans are good movies.
WGT<3. Former CL/NW head admin.
Coulthard
Profile Joined September 2005
Greece3359 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-10 16:38:22
March 10 2009 16:37 GMT
#235
On March 11 2009 01:21 Ozarugold wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2009 01:11 Coulthard wrote:
On February 17 2009 05:16 BreakEnter wrote:
On February 17 2009 04:02 nofAcedAgent wrote:
I recently discovered a webshow called Afterworld. Its a Sci-Fi series from 2007 consisting of 130, 3 minute episodes. (If you find yourself wanting to watch in its entirety there is a torrent that has cut the intros for easier watching)

Its a very exciting journey - I wont say what its about, but watch the first 3 minutes, and I think you might be hooked!



I watched 2 episodes and it seems promising, I'll watch it. Thanks for the recommendation!
Also I watched Prime which also was great, it was a long time since I saw such a brain disturbing movie and I'll definitely watch it again.

I recommend The Uninvited:
[image loading]


I expected just another lame hollywood horror, but this movie was fantastic. It has great story and ending which is unpredictable but doesn't leave you feeling cheated. Also great soundtrack and beautiful setting. Highly recommended.


Good movie but the japanese version is 10 times better

I think you mean the korean version~

its korean?bah..after 7 years of vods and I can't tell the difference between koreans and japanese :s
I_L_Jl
Profile Joined January 2009
United States225 Posts
March 10 2009 16:44 GMT
#236
[image loading]


Saw it for like the 10th time, one of the best movies I've ever seen. And the best low budget film.

Can watch it on google video, or buy a copy for like a dollar.
Bone_Idle
Profile Joined January 2004
Bulgaria40 Posts
March 13 2009 21:15 GMT
#237
[image loading]

hope you can find some quality english translation

[image loading]

and a junky movie for those interested
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-13 23:28:17
March 13 2009 23:12 GMT
#238
[image loading]

i was very impressed. very troubling and real O_O. i dont rly kno shit about the IRA or the context of the movie so right after I watched this:

[image loading]

which was pretty good but not very informative o_o
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
poilord
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Germany3252 Posts
March 15 2009 21:49 GMT
#239
[image loading]


I can see people being divided about the ending, but apart from that it's one of the better sci-fi movies out there imho.
ilj.psa
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Peru3081 Posts
March 15 2009 22:11 GMT
#240
[image loading]
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 483 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings86
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O158
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 194
ProTech29
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1013
ZZZero.O 163
Bale 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm206
League of Legends
Doublelift4715
JimRising 723
Counter-Strike
minikerr21
Other Games
summit1g10510
C9.Mang0321
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1160
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP127
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 8m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 8m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 8m
Replay Cast
22h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.