• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:39
CEST 03:39
KST 10:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7399 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 800

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 798 799 800 801 802 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
sc4k
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom5454 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-09 13:48:05
May 09 2013 13:46 GMT
#15981
On May 09 2013 14:53 Cel.erity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2013 13:15 c0ldfusion wrote:
On May 09 2013 08:25 Emnjay808 wrote:
The beauty of the first season was that you were not convinced there was magic at all. I wasnt even convinced they were talking about real dragons, I thought it was just colorful speech to describe how powerful the Targaryens here . Not till I saw the dragon skulls in the dungeon room did I start to realize what everything was about. Then eventually towards the end of the season shit just hits the fan, and you're like. WHAT.


What? the very first sequence in the first episode of season 1 made me think I was in for a medieval zombie horror flick.


Yeah, actually, at the very beginning I thought "This show is going to be awful." Zombies weren't a great way to lead off.


It was one of the worst ways to introduce a great show or film that I have ever seen in my life.

Edit: Why oh why, whenever I have a throwaway comment to make, TL sees fit to put it at the top of the next page...but if I write out a decent, 6 paragraph reply that takes me half an hour to concoct, it ALWAYS ends up the last of the current page!!!
frontliner2
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Netherlands844 Posts
May 09 2013 14:21 GMT
#15982
Fat crow sam isn't all cowardice, sure he sucks as a warrior but he is loyal to the girl he loves and goes against his brethren to run off with her and save her life and her baby's.
I had a bad dream. Don't be afraid, bad dreams are only dreams. What a time you chose to be born in...
Don_Julio
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
2220 Posts
May 09 2013 14:38 GMT
#15983
On May 09 2013 22:46 sc4k wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2013 14:53 Cel.erity wrote:
On May 09 2013 13:15 c0ldfusion wrote:
On May 09 2013 08:25 Emnjay808 wrote:
The beauty of the first season was that you were not convinced there was magic at all. I wasnt even convinced they were talking about real dragons, I thought it was just colorful speech to describe how powerful the Targaryens here . Not till I saw the dragon skulls in the dungeon room did I start to realize what everything was about. Then eventually towards the end of the season shit just hits the fan, and you're like. WHAT.


What? the very first sequence in the first episode of season 1 made me think I was in for a medieval zombie horror flick.


Yeah, actually, at the very beginning I thought "This show is going to be awful." Zombies weren't a great way to lead off.


It was one of the worst ways to introduce a great show or film that I have ever seen in my life.

Edit: Why oh why, whenever I have a throwaway comment to make, TL sees fit to put it at the top of the next page...but if I write out a decent, 6 paragraph reply that takes me half an hour to concoct, it ALWAYS ends up the last of the current page!!!


You're probably getting a ton of upvotes at Reddit instead. It's the circle of life, yin and yang.

I remember that beginning, that was so terrible. The show has two of the three most generic fantasy clishes in it: Dragons and Undeads. If GoT had Orcs, too, I'd be done with it.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
May 09 2013 14:41 GMT
#15984
On May 09 2013 22:44 Conti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2013 22:27 Archers_bane wrote:
On May 09 2013 06:40 Cel.erity wrote:
On May 09 2013 03:28 Whole wrote:
The dragonglass looks like obsidian, so maybe white walkers are afraid of them because obsidian is cooled lava?


If Sam is the key to winning the war against the White Walkers, I'm done with this show forever.



Hahaha! Sam is really bothering me right now. Maybe I just dont get his important part in the show right now, hopefully it will change soon so his screen time isn't completely useless to me ^^

I don't understand the hate for poor old Sam. Is it really just because he's not kick-ass like the other characters? He's your average Joe, forced into that situation and not knowing how to deal with it. It's refreshing to see a perfectly normal dude, and not a character that isn't kicking ass in one way or another all the time.

because everyone one thought he was dead and then he wasn't.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
May 09 2013 14:41 GMT
#15985
I actually was like "Wuuut" after the first scene, i thought it was going to be awesome.

It still is awesome, just in a different way
Useless wet fish.
Chocobo
Profile Joined November 2006
United States1108 Posts
May 09 2013 14:49 GMT
#15986
On May 09 2013 15:18 venomium wrote:
I've been following this thread for a while now, but I haven't seen anyone really discussing the religious aspects of Westeros, what do you guys think/ assume about it? (Interested because I refuse to wiki the stuff in fear of spoilers)


This has probably been discussed in the spoiler-filled book thread. In fact most of the details of the religions are only mentioned in the book iirc... you couldn't have gotten all that info you posted from the show alone, could you?
Chocobo
Profile Joined November 2006
United States1108 Posts
May 09 2013 14:54 GMT
#15987
On May 09 2013 23:38 Don_Julio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2013 22:46 sc4k wrote:
On May 09 2013 14:53 Cel.erity wrote:
On May 09 2013 13:15 c0ldfusion wrote:
On May 09 2013 08:25 Emnjay808 wrote:
The beauty of the first season was that you were not convinced there was magic at all. I wasnt even convinced they were talking about real dragons, I thought it was just colorful speech to describe how powerful the Targaryens here . Not till I saw the dragon skulls in the dungeon room did I start to realize what everything was about. Then eventually towards the end of the season shit just hits the fan, and you're like. WHAT.


What? the very first sequence in the first episode of season 1 made me think I was in for a medieval zombie horror flick.


Yeah, actually, at the very beginning I thought "This show is going to be awful." Zombies weren't a great way to lead off.


It was one of the worst ways to introduce a great show or film that I have ever seen in my life.

Edit: Why oh why, whenever I have a throwaway comment to make, TL sees fit to put it at the top of the next page...but if I write out a decent, 6 paragraph reply that takes me half an hour to concoct, it ALWAYS ends up the last of the current page!!!


You're probably getting a ton of upvotes at Reddit instead. It's the circle of life, yin and yang.

I remember that beginning, that was so terrible. The show has two of the three most generic fantasy clishes in it: Dragons and Undeads. If GoT had Orcs, too, I'd be done with it.


It really was awful. My thoughts were "uhh... what was that." It seemed like some super cheesy grab-your-attention intro of a low budget show on the Sci Fi channel. "You guys like medieval-era stories, and zombies are cool right now... so we mixed the two together, check it out!"
Conti
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany2516 Posts
May 09 2013 14:55 GMT
#15988
On May 09 2013 23:49 Chocobo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2013 15:18 venomium wrote:
I've been following this thread for a while now, but I haven't seen anyone really discussing the religious aspects of Westeros, what do you guys think/ assume about it? (Interested because I refuse to wiki the stuff in fear of spoilers)


This has probably been discussed in the spoiler-filled book thread. In fact most of the details of the religions are only mentioned in the book iirc... you couldn't have gotten all that info you posted from the show alone, could you?

There's actually a bunch of videos on youtube (Don't read youtube comments, ever, or you'll be spoilered. Seriously.) from the DVDs that do explain the various religion in some detail. They're really well made, and spoken by the various main characters.
Chocobo
Profile Joined November 2006
United States1108 Posts
May 09 2013 14:56 GMT
#15989
On May 09 2013 22:36 hzflank wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2013 22:27 Archers_bane wrote:
On May 09 2013 06:40 Cel.erity wrote:
On May 09 2013 03:28 Whole wrote:
The dragonglass looks like obsidian, so maybe white walkers are afraid of them because obsidian is cooled lava?


If Sam is the key to winning the war against the White Walkers, I'm done with this show forever.



Hahaha! Sam is really bothering me right now. Maybe I just dont get his important part in the show right now, hopefully it will change soon so his screen time isn't completely useless to me ^^

And can someone remind me why the guy is called "Onion" knight again? Is there something special I forgot about him


Davos is called the Onion Knight because before Robert's rebellion he was a smuggler. During the war Stannis was defending Storm's End (the Baratheon capital) from a prolonged siege. Stannis' men had no food and they were saved when Davos smuggled lots of onions into Storm's End.


Did the TV show even mention this? Seems they just called him "Onion knight" a few times as a nod to the book but never explained the details.
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
May 09 2013 14:58 GMT
#15990
On May 09 2013 22:27 Archers_bane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2013 06:40 Cel.erity wrote:
On May 09 2013 03:28 Whole wrote:
The dragonglass looks like obsidian, so maybe white walkers are afraid of them because obsidian is cooled lava?


If Sam is the key to winning the war against the White Walkers, I'm done with this show forever.



Hahaha! Sam is really bothering me right now. Maybe I just dont get his important part in the show right now, hopefully it will change soon so his screen time isn't completely useless to me ^^

And can someone remind me why the guy is called "Onion" knight again? Is there something special I forgot about him

Sam's weird because he's a brilliant coward. you'd think he'd be a maester over a nights watch, no idea why did dad didn't give him that option. There will be something important he has to do that only he can do. otherwise they wouldn't have developed his character so much. no idea what that is though.
Zinnwaldite
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway1567 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-09 14:59:17
May 09 2013 14:59 GMT
#15991
On May 09 2013 23:56 Chocobo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2013 22:36 hzflank wrote:
On May 09 2013 22:27 Archers_bane wrote:
On May 09 2013 06:40 Cel.erity wrote:
On May 09 2013 03:28 Whole wrote:
The dragonglass looks like obsidian, so maybe white walkers are afraid of them because obsidian is cooled lava?


If Sam is the key to winning the war against the White Walkers, I'm done with this show forever.



Hahaha! Sam is really bothering me right now. Maybe I just dont get his important part in the show right now, hopefully it will change soon so his screen time isn't completely useless to me ^^

And can someone remind me why the guy is called "Onion" knight again? Is there something special I forgot about him


Davos is called the Onion Knight because before Robert's rebellion he was a smuggler. During the war Stannis was defending Storm's End (the Baratheon capital) from a prolonged siege. Stannis' men had no food and they were saved when Davos smuggled lots of onions into Storm's End.


Did the TV show even mention this? Seems they just called him "Onion knight" a few times as a nod to the book but never explained the details.


They talked about it on a boat..
We promise with a view to hope, but the reason to "accomplish" what we promised would be fear.
scudst0rm
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada1149 Posts
May 09 2013 17:05 GMT
#15992
On May 09 2013 23:56 Chocobo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2013 22:36 hzflank wrote:
On May 09 2013 22:27 Archers_bane wrote:
On May 09 2013 06:40 Cel.erity wrote:
On May 09 2013 03:28 Whole wrote:
The dragonglass looks like obsidian, so maybe white walkers are afraid of them because obsidian is cooled lava?


If Sam is the key to winning the war against the White Walkers, I'm done with this show forever.



Hahaha! Sam is really bothering me right now. Maybe I just dont get his important part in the show right now, hopefully it will change soon so his screen time isn't completely useless to me ^^

And can someone remind me why the guy is called "Onion" knight again? Is there something special I forgot about him


Davos is called the Onion Knight because before Robert's rebellion he was a smuggler. During the war Stannis was defending Storm's End (the Baratheon capital) from a prolonged siege. Stannis' men had no food and they were saved when Davos smuggled lots of onions into Storm's End.


Did the TV show even mention this? Seems they just called him "Onion knight" a few times as a nod to the book but never explained the details.

You're like a one ranger army comin' at me...
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
May 09 2013 17:10 GMT
#15993
On May 09 2013 23:54 Chocobo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2013 23:38 Don_Julio wrote:
On May 09 2013 22:46 sc4k wrote:
On May 09 2013 14:53 Cel.erity wrote:
On May 09 2013 13:15 c0ldfusion wrote:
On May 09 2013 08:25 Emnjay808 wrote:
The beauty of the first season was that you were not convinced there was magic at all. I wasnt even convinced they were talking about real dragons, I thought it was just colorful speech to describe how powerful the Targaryens here . Not till I saw the dragon skulls in the dungeon room did I start to realize what everything was about. Then eventually towards the end of the season shit just hits the fan, and you're like. WHAT.


What? the very first sequence in the first episode of season 1 made me think I was in for a medieval zombie horror flick.


Yeah, actually, at the very beginning I thought "This show is going to be awful." Zombies weren't a great way to lead off.


It was one of the worst ways to introduce a great show or film that I have ever seen in my life.

Edit: Why oh why, whenever I have a throwaway comment to make, TL sees fit to put it at the top of the next page...but if I write out a decent, 6 paragraph reply that takes me half an hour to concoct, it ALWAYS ends up the last of the current page!!!


You're probably getting a ton of upvotes at Reddit instead. It's the circle of life, yin and yang.

I remember that beginning, that was so terrible. The show has two of the three most generic fantasy clishes in it: Dragons and Undeads. If GoT had Orcs, too, I'd be done with it.


It really was awful. My thoughts were "uhh... what was that." It seemed like some super cheesy grab-your-attention intro of a low budget show on the Sci Fi channel. "You guys like medieval-era stories, and zombies are cool right now... so we mixed the two together, check it out!"


I thought it was kind of slick the way it was executed. I would have been fine if GoT turned out to be a survival horror series.
Bowzar
Profile Joined December 2011
Sweden741 Posts
May 09 2013 17:16 GMT
#15994
On May 09 2013 22:44 Conti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2013 22:27 Archers_bane wrote:
On May 09 2013 06:40 Cel.erity wrote:
On May 09 2013 03:28 Whole wrote:
The dragonglass looks like obsidian, so maybe white walkers are afraid of them because obsidian is cooled lava?


If Sam is the key to winning the war against the White Walkers, I'm done with this show forever.



Hahaha! Sam is really bothering me right now. Maybe I just dont get his important part in the show right now, hopefully it will change soon so his screen time isn't completely useless to me ^^

I don't understand the hate for poor old Sam. Is it really just because he's not kick-ass like the other characters? He's your average Joe, forced into that situation and not knowing how to deal with it. It's refreshing to see a perfectly normal dude, and not a character that isn't kicking ass in one way or another all the time.


Because he is useless, fat and whiny. Even Hotpie was more useful than Sam which says a lot.
Conti
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany2516 Posts
May 09 2013 17:23 GMT
#15995
On May 10 2013 02:16 Bowzar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2013 22:44 Conti wrote:
On May 09 2013 22:27 Archers_bane wrote:
On May 09 2013 06:40 Cel.erity wrote:
On May 09 2013 03:28 Whole wrote:
The dragonglass looks like obsidian, so maybe white walkers are afraid of them because obsidian is cooled lava?


If Sam is the key to winning the war against the White Walkers, I'm done with this show forever.



Hahaha! Sam is really bothering me right now. Maybe I just dont get his important part in the show right now, hopefully it will change soon so his screen time isn't completely useless to me ^^

I don't understand the hate for poor old Sam. Is it really just because he's not kick-ass like the other characters? He's your average Joe, forced into that situation and not knowing how to deal with it. It's refreshing to see a perfectly normal dude, and not a character that isn't kicking ass in one way or another all the time.


Because he is useless, fat and whiny. Even Hotpie was more useful than Sam which says a lot.

Wow. I'm glad you're having such a sophisticated opinion on characters.
Archers_bane
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1338 Posts
May 09 2013 17:31 GMT
#15996
On May 10 2013 02:05 scudst0rm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2013 23:56 Chocobo wrote:
On May 09 2013 22:36 hzflank wrote:
On May 09 2013 22:27 Archers_bane wrote:
On May 09 2013 06:40 Cel.erity wrote:
On May 09 2013 03:28 Whole wrote:
The dragonglass looks like obsidian, so maybe white walkers are afraid of them because obsidian is cooled lava?


If Sam is the key to winning the war against the White Walkers, I'm done with this show forever.



Hahaha! Sam is really bothering me right now. Maybe I just dont get his important part in the show right now, hopefully it will change soon so his screen time isn't completely useless to me ^^

And can someone remind me why the guy is called "Onion" knight again? Is there something special I forgot about him


Davos is called the Onion Knight because before Robert's rebellion he was a smuggler. During the war Stannis was defending Storm's End (the Baratheon capital) from a prolonged siege. Stannis' men had no food and they were saved when Davos smuggled lots of onions into Storm's End.


Did the TV show even mention this? Seems they just called him "Onion knight" a few times as a nod to the book but never explained the details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKkdYDZcW0M


ahhh ty for that
Starcraft's BW glory days have passed, RIP Jaedong's dominance - 2013...EDIT 2017: WE BACK BOYS
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
May 09 2013 17:34 GMT
#15997
On May 10 2013 02:23 Conti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 02:16 Bowzar wrote:
On May 09 2013 22:44 Conti wrote:
On May 09 2013 22:27 Archers_bane wrote:
On May 09 2013 06:40 Cel.erity wrote:
On May 09 2013 03:28 Whole wrote:
The dragonglass looks like obsidian, so maybe white walkers are afraid of them because obsidian is cooled lava?


If Sam is the key to winning the war against the White Walkers, I'm done with this show forever.



Hahaha! Sam is really bothering me right now. Maybe I just dont get his important part in the show right now, hopefully it will change soon so his screen time isn't completely useless to me ^^

I don't understand the hate for poor old Sam. Is it really just because he's not kick-ass like the other characters? He's your average Joe, forced into that situation and not knowing how to deal with it. It's refreshing to see a perfectly normal dude, and not a character that isn't kicking ass in one way or another all the time.


Because he is useless, fat and whiny. Even Hotpie was more useful than Sam which says a lot.

Wow. I'm glad you're having such a sophisticated opinion on characters.

Well, when someone says that someone's being fat is a reason to hate them, I think that speaks for itself lol.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Bowzar
Profile Joined December 2011
Sweden741 Posts
May 09 2013 17:35 GMT
#15998
On May 10 2013 02:23 Conti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 02:16 Bowzar wrote:
On May 09 2013 22:44 Conti wrote:
On May 09 2013 22:27 Archers_bane wrote:
On May 09 2013 06:40 Cel.erity wrote:
On May 09 2013 03:28 Whole wrote:
The dragonglass looks like obsidian, so maybe white walkers are afraid of them because obsidian is cooled lava?


If Sam is the key to winning the war against the White Walkers, I'm done with this show forever.



Hahaha! Sam is really bothering me right now. Maybe I just dont get his important part in the show right now, hopefully it will change soon so his screen time isn't completely useless to me ^^

I don't understand the hate for poor old Sam. Is it really just because he's not kick-ass like the other characters? He's your average Joe, forced into that situation and not knowing how to deal with it. It's refreshing to see a perfectly normal dude, and not a character that isn't kicking ass in one way or another all the time.


Because he is useless, fat and whiny. Even Hotpie was more useful than Sam which says a lot.

Wow. I'm glad you're having such a sophisticated opinion on characters.


Seriously tho I started to dislike him after he whined about being left behind. Why did they even bring him with them? It makes no sense.
Zandar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands1541 Posts
May 09 2013 17:37 GMT
#15999
On May 10 2013 02:16 Bowzar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2013 22:44 Conti wrote:
On May 09 2013 22:27 Archers_bane wrote:
On May 09 2013 06:40 Cel.erity wrote:
On May 09 2013 03:28 Whole wrote:
The dragonglass looks like obsidian, so maybe white walkers are afraid of them because obsidian is cooled lava?


If Sam is the key to winning the war against the White Walkers, I'm done with this show forever.



Hahaha! Sam is really bothering me right now. Maybe I just dont get his important part in the show right now, hopefully it will change soon so his screen time isn't completely useless to me ^^

I don't understand the hate for poor old Sam. Is it really just because he's not kick-ass like the other characters? He's your average Joe, forced into that situation and not knowing how to deal with it. It's refreshing to see a perfectly normal dude, and not a character that isn't kicking ass in one way or another all the time.


Because he is useless, fat and whiny. Even Hotpie was more useful than Sam which says a lot.


And because this is TL.
We are all useless, fat and whiny nerds. I guess people see too much of themself in him
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
Noro
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada991 Posts
May 09 2013 17:41 GMT
#16000
On May 10 2013 02:37 Zandar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 02:16 Bowzar wrote:
On May 09 2013 22:44 Conti wrote:
On May 09 2013 22:27 Archers_bane wrote:
On May 09 2013 06:40 Cel.erity wrote:
On May 09 2013 03:28 Whole wrote:
The dragonglass looks like obsidian, so maybe white walkers are afraid of them because obsidian is cooled lava?


If Sam is the key to winning the war against the White Walkers, I'm done with this show forever.



Hahaha! Sam is really bothering me right now. Maybe I just dont get his important part in the show right now, hopefully it will change soon so his screen time isn't completely useless to me ^^

I don't understand the hate for poor old Sam. Is it really just because he's not kick-ass like the other characters? He's your average Joe, forced into that situation and not knowing how to deal with it. It's refreshing to see a perfectly normal dude, and not a character that isn't kicking ass in one way or another all the time.


Because he is useless, fat and whiny. Even Hotpie was more useful than Sam which says a lot.


And because this is TL.
We are all useless, fat and whiny nerds. I guess people see too much of themself in him


Speak for yourself good sir!
Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I'd strike the sun if it insulted me.
Prev 1 798 799 800 801 802 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings101
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 140
ProTech123
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 333
Bale 15
Terrorterran 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm227
League of Legends
Doublelift6476
JimRising 758
Counter-Strike
minikerr28
Other Games
summit1g10616
C9.Mang0328
PiLiPiLi13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1061
BasetradeTV181
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP153
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 21m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
9h 21m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 21m
Replay Cast
21h 21m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 9h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.