• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:40
CEST 09:40
KST 16:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7403 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 798

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 796 797 798 799 800 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
Live2Win *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6657 Posts
May 08 2013 22:32 GMT
#15941
.... saying things like "there's a lot of predictions here that are true/untrue" is a spoiler too. Just don't say anything. Period. Discussion on possible trolls should be kept and left in the other thread.
SAY YES TO STIM KIDS!!! XD
weikor
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Austria580 Posts
May 08 2013 22:34 GMT
#15942
To be fair, i doubt you could ever have a sensible internet discussion about GOT without someone knowing about the book. Its just too good and popular
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
May 08 2013 22:36 GMT
#15943
On May 09 2013 06:29 Conti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2013 06:23 PerryHooter wrote:
On May 09 2013 06:12 armada[sb] wrote:
As someone who has read the books, there definitely people in here trying to spoil things and discretely lead show watchers to the right conclusions. I'd be careful about being in this thread in the coming weeks.


Exactly. People has read the books, they detect small hints and foreshadowing that is unnoticeable for non-book-readers, they make the correct conclusions from these hints and all of a sudden they spoil what's gonna happen and claim it's "obvious".

"Look, Danaerys can walk into a steaming hot bath without making a face AND she's been given dragon eggs. Obviously the dragons will soon hatch, let's go tell everyone!"

Admittedly, when I was watching the first episode with my (non-book-reading) friends and they saw the dragon eggs the very first comment was "Oh gee, those things are -so- going to hatch."

When i watched it i actually thought "dragon eggs" were like fabrige eggs, not real eggs but made from emerald and silver and other precious minerals.
TrickyGilligan
Profile Joined September 2010
United States641 Posts
May 08 2013 22:50 GMT
#15944
On May 09 2013 07:36 PrinceXizor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2013 06:29 Conti wrote:
On May 09 2013 06:23 PerryHooter wrote:
On May 09 2013 06:12 armada[sb] wrote:
As someone who has read the books, there definitely people in here trying to spoil things and discretely lead show watchers to the right conclusions. I'd be careful about being in this thread in the coming weeks.


Exactly. People has read the books, they detect small hints and foreshadowing that is unnoticeable for non-book-readers, they make the correct conclusions from these hints and all of a sudden they spoil what's gonna happen and claim it's "obvious".

"Look, Danaerys can walk into a steaming hot bath without making a face AND she's been given dragon eggs. Obviously the dragons will soon hatch, let's go tell everyone!"

Admittedly, when I was watching the first episode with my (non-book-reading) friends and they saw the dragon eggs the very first comment was "Oh gee, those things are -so- going to hatch."

When i watched it i actually thought "dragon eggs" were like fabrige eggs, not real eggs but made from emerald and silver and other precious minerals.


...I'm very tempted to start smashing faberge eggs open in the hopes of finding a dragon inside one.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it." -Groucho Marx
Itachii
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Poland12466 Posts
May 08 2013 23:01 GMT
#15945
Don't read YT comments, this thread or any other related to GoT, until you are done with books or want to be spoiled.It's that simple, I am sure you can live on without reading people's opinions and predicitions regarding this show.
La parole nous a été donnée pour déguiser notre pensée
Carras
Profile Joined August 2010
Argentina860 Posts
May 08 2013 23:03 GMT
#15946
i was absolutely NOT expecting dragons utill the last episode of the first season, yeah, the first episode has a white walker and then there are some wigths..but i kinda forgot about the magic with all the politics and strategy involved....
Wolfstan
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada605 Posts
May 08 2013 23:05 GMT
#15947
I personally dont care about spoilers, but we have to move this week of dicussion along. I vote we align characters with the Magic:the Gathering color wheel for Wed/Thurs and then do tier lists with strengths and weaknesses for Rulership skills on Fri/Sat.
EG - ROOT - Gambit Gaming
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5713 Posts
May 08 2013 23:22 GMT
#15948
On May 09 2013 08:05 Wolfstan wrote:
I personally dont care about spoilers, but we have to move this week of dicussion along. I vote we align characters with the Magic:the Gathering color wheel for Wed/Thurs and then do tier lists with strengths and weaknesses for Rulership skills on Fri/Sat.


And a tier list of the hottest babes on Sunday.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-08 23:28:29
May 08 2013 23:25 GMT
#15949
The beauty of the first season was that you were not convinced there was magic at all. I wasnt even convinced they were talking about real dragons, I thought it was just colorful speech to describe how powerful the Targaryens here . Not till I saw the dragon skulls in the dungeon room did I start to realize what everything was about. Then eventually towards the end of the season shit just hits the fan, and you're like. WHAT.
Skol
Bowzar
Profile Joined December 2011
Sweden741 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-08 23:36:14
May 08 2013 23:29 GMT
#15950
On May 09 2013 06:23 PerryHooter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2013 06:12 armada[sb] wrote:
As someone who has read the books, there definitely people in here trying to spoil things and discretely lead show watchers to the right conclusions. I'd be careful about being in this thread in the coming weeks.


Exactly. People has read the books, they detect small hints and foreshadowing that is unnoticeable for non-book-readers, they make the correct conclusions from these hints and all of a sudden they spoil what's gonna happen and claim it's "obvious".

"Look, Danaerys can walk into a steaming hot bath without making a face AND she's been given dragon eggs. Obviously the dragons will soon hatch, let's go tell everyone!"


The writers leave those hints there for a reason, they want people to speculate. I have no idea what will happen at Kings Landing or with Arya because they havent dropped any hints. As much as the show wants us to think that anyone can die, you can tell that some characters have plot armor.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18450 Posts
May 08 2013 23:31 GMT
#15951
On May 09 2013 08:05 Wolfstan wrote:
I personally dont care about spoilers, but we have to move this week of dicussion along. I vote we align characters with the Magic:the Gathering color wheel for Wed/Thurs and then do tier lists with strengths and weaknesses for Rulership skills on Fri/Sat.

Lol. That's actually really hard. Only a few I can do that easily for:

Bran and his entire gang: green
Theon's torturer: black
Melissandre: red
Sansa: white
Dazed.
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3301 Posts
May 08 2013 23:37 GMT
#15952
I dont know why, but im very interested to see how Harrenhal turns out. I hope Baelish restores it to its former glory.
Never say Die! ||| Fight you? No, I want to kill you.
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
May 08 2013 23:41 GMT
#15953
On May 09 2013 08:25 Emnjay808 wrote:
The beauty of the first season was that you were not convinced there was magic at all. I wasnt even convinced they were talking about real dragons, I thought it was just colorful speech to describe how powerful the Targaryens here . Not till I saw the dragon skulls in the dungeon room did I start to realize what everything was about. Then eventually towards the end of the season shit just hits the fan, and you're like. WHAT.

i thought dragons were generals for the targaryens. especially with Dany's brother calling himself a dragon.
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
May 08 2013 23:48 GMT
#15954
On May 09 2013 08:37 Dazed_Spy wrote:
I dont know why, but im very interested to see how Harrenhal turns out. I hope Baelish restores it to its former glory.

only in time for Dany and her dragons to come to Westeros and burn it down again? :D
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
Acertos
Profile Joined February 2012
France852 Posts
May 08 2013 23:56 GMT
#15955
On May 09 2013 08:48 moopie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2013 08:37 Dazed_Spy wrote:
I dont know why, but im very interested to see how Harrenhal turns out. I hope Baelish restores it to its former glory.

only in time for Dany and her dragons to come to Westeros and burn it down again? :D

No he means like hiring new and better torturers with big anf fat rats.
I would love to see who will be in charge of his defense and stuff, an evil person like him.
BAAEEMM
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany412 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-09 00:26:08
May 09 2013 00:14 GMT
#15956

Removed spoiler


User was temp banned for this post.
Hitch-22
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
Canada753 Posts
May 09 2013 01:24 GMT
#15957
^fuck that guy.

I'm pretty excited for the next four episodes, so many different stories are all moving to climax that IM almost moved to climax if you know what I'm saying haha jk, but it's pretty freaking awesome... This might be the best TV series I've ever seen tbh, above Breaking Bad even.
"We all let our sword do the talking for us once in awhile I guess" - Bregor, the legendary critical striker and critical misser who triple crits 2 horses with 1 arrow but lands 3 1's in a row
AFKPuezo
Profile Joined August 2010
183 Posts
May 09 2013 04:04 GMT
#15958
daenerys - red/white
lord of light - red/black (lol)
varys - blue
mance rayder - white/green
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
May 09 2013 04:15 GMT
#15959
On May 09 2013 08:25 Emnjay808 wrote:
The beauty of the first season was that you were not convinced there was magic at all. I wasnt even convinced they were talking about real dragons, I thought it was just colorful speech to describe how powerful the Targaryens here . Not till I saw the dragon skulls in the dungeon room did I start to realize what everything was about. Then eventually towards the end of the season shit just hits the fan, and you're like. WHAT.


What? the very first sequence in the first episode of season 1 made me think I was in for a medieval zombie horror flick.
Itsmedudeman
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States19229 Posts
May 09 2013 04:23 GMT
#15960
On May 09 2013 08:25 Emnjay808 wrote:
The beauty of the first season was that you were not convinced there was magic at all. I wasnt even convinced they were talking about real dragons, I thought it was just colorful speech to describe how powerful the Targaryens here . Not till I saw the dragon skulls in the dungeon room did I start to realize what everything was about. Then eventually towards the end of the season shit just hits the fan, and you're like. WHAT.

The best part is that the characters in the show treat it the same way. A lot of them don't really believe in magic and it's not a big focal part of their lives. Most of them do believe in Gods but it's pretty divided, just like in the real world, but magic is something mysterious.
Prev 1 796 797 798 799 800 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 394
Leta 239
Dewaltoss 110
sSak 58
Killer 37
Bale 34
NotJumperer 33
Aegong 28
ZergMaN 28
yabsab 16
[ Show more ]
Noble 10
Sharp 1
League of Legends
JimRising 544
Reynor39
Other Games
summit1g10874
olofmeister388
Sick199
Happy132
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick774
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1125
• Jankos540
• Stunt469
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 20m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3h 20m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 20m
Replay Cast
15h 20m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 3h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.