• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:10
CEST 21:10
KST 04:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7917 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 1059

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
urboss
Profile Joined September 2013
Austria1223 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-14 11:08:37
April 14 2014 11:08 GMT
#21161
i thought that was just to spite margery, it would also make it seem like margery lied to the public.

I thought so too at first, but then I realized that Margaery explicitly says that it is king Geoffrey's decree to give the leftovers to the poorest.
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-14 11:14:29
April 14 2014 11:09 GMT
#21162
On April 14 2014 19:46 Emnjay808 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2014 19:45 Zandar wrote:
2 out of 3 so far for Melissandre's leeches. I guess Gendry is the bigger kingslayer now :D

Who was the third?

Balon Greyjoy. Interesting as he has hardly had a part in the war on the throne yet.




On April 14 2014 19:36 Fildun wrote:
Also, where was Littlefinger? He is Lord of one of the seven kingdoms right now right? He married the sister of Catelyn who was lady of the floating palace. You'd think he'd be invited for a royal wedding, especially cuz they didn't even rebel once.

I don't know if he's married her. I think he sailed off to court her but that's the last we've heard of him.
Neosteel Enthusiast
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
April 14 2014 11:17 GMT
#21163
On April 14 2014 19:58 Sejanus wrote:
By the way, I know for certain one person who posted earlier has read the books and pawns off the book knowledge as his own insights and attention to details. I don't know how to go about reporting such people without revealing the spoilers, nor whether I should do it at all, so I just want to say to that guy... you are trying to look clever, but you don't. Many people who also read the books are reading this thread, and to us you just look like a pathetic fool. Don't do it again, please.

Kwark will handle him swiftly, do not worry.
Skol
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
April 14 2014 11:41 GMT
#21164
On April 14 2014 20:17 Emnjay808 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2014 19:58 Sejanus wrote:
By the way, I know for certain one person who posted earlier has read the books and pawns off the book knowledge as his own insights and attention to details. I don't know how to go about reporting such people without revealing the spoilers, nor whether I should do it at all, so I just want to say to that guy... you are trying to look clever, but you don't. Many people who also read the books are reading this thread, and to us you just look like a pathetic fool. Don't do it again, please.

Kwark will handle him swiftly, do not worry.

Every sunday I look at the ABL list to see who gets banned for uncanny predictions of events lol. I'm sure in a day or two I'll see more than just one post from here in that thread
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
flashimba
Profile Joined May 2011
225 Posts
April 14 2014 11:51 GMT
#21165
On April 14 2014 19:06 Vindicare605 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2014 19:04 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
On April 14 2014 18:23 Dwelf wrote:
Everyone hates joffrey so much but I bet in 2-3 episodes people start to miss him. One of the most interesting characters in the series so far imo.


Yeah with respect to his role in the story Joffrey was great as a character and Jack Gleeson as an actor in being a total piece of shit.

Reminds me of AJ from the Sopranos


I have such respect for actors that can make me hate them.

Getting me to like them is easy, if I'm watching a show or movie I naturally WANT to like a character, it doesn't take a lot of convincing.

Getting me to legitimately hate a character though? That's not easy.


At first, I hated Joffrey. Then I loved hating him.
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
April 14 2014 11:58 GMT
#21166
On April 14 2014 19:53 Shock710 wrote:
i personally hate any scene with ramsey bolten...i hate him i was so hoping his dad would beat the shit out of him. (he didnt even tell his dad he send the trade offer with theons manhood...no shit they refused)
hate him so much those tortue scenes were terrible and i have a weak stomach for those things. i hope he dies next.
( i normally watch once, than again with my little sister and just skip the torture and sex scenes) i hope theons sister beats the crap out of him. btw wheres rickon, i didnt see him with bran

TBH, it was kind of adorable...in a completely sadistic and twisted sort of way.

He's just going
"Hey dad, look what I can do, interrogate prisoners and rule in your stead!"
"Dad! Look what I did to this boy. Can I keep him can I can I? He's obedient and already housetrained!"
"I'm sorry dad. Will you trust me if I take Moat Calin for you?"
"daaaaad can I get a new manslave to castrate?"
...
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
urboss
Profile Joined September 2013
Austria1223 Posts
April 14 2014 11:58 GMT
#21167
On April 14 2014 17:54 Sub40APM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2014 17:12 urboss wrote:
On April 14 2014 14:11 kidleaderr wrote:
On April 14 2014 14:02 FiWiFaKi wrote:
On April 14 2014 13:55 blade55555 wrote:
On April 14 2014 13:52 Zooper31 wrote:
Holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap.

I was spoilered to Joffrey dying so I knew this was eventually going to come, but near the fucking end of the season. Not the god damn second episode, during the fucking wedding. I mean theres no way for Tyrion to be blamed for his death. Who knew he was going to be forced to be cup bearer and give him the cup that poisons him, it was Margery's cup anyway he grabbed at I believe.

It's gotta be the grandma, Sansa (she finally got some gump), Tywin, or Cersei who did it.



So I doubt it was cersei as he was her son and she still loves him even though he's a dick.

I think it might be the grandma or that one dude (the new gay/bisexual guy who said the lanisters aren't the only ones who pay their debts).

I doubt sansa no way in hell she'd have the guts for that and I don't see how she could have either xD.


Yeah, no way it was Cersei, she's not that good at acting ;p If it was Sansa that would go against everything. I feel like it has to be someone who was up close, and there were a lot of shots of the Grandma. She seems very devious too.

It could be Tywin, but I think Tywin has a lot of family pride, even though they are a bunch of idiots a lot of the time. I mean I dunno, maybe Tywin thinks it'll be easier to rule with the other son because he will be more relaxed? Maybe he doesn't trust the Tyrell's. Going to be a good next episode!


Re-watch the scene when Lady Olenna talks to Sansa. It looks like she grabs something off her necklace.

Edit: Just watched it again and there is clearly a pearl of some sort missing at the end of it.


Interesting!
So the idea is that Sansa was carrying the poison and grandma comes over to pick it up?
However, if you watch the scene before the pie comes, Margaery is putting the glass back on the king's table.
Olenna Tyrellis is sitting on a separate table like 3m away from the glass.
There's no way she could have put the poison in the glass without anyone noticing.

To add to that, why on earth would Sansa provide the poison and why would they exchange it in the most dangerous situation possible?

Sansa was wearing the necklace the former-knight/jester gave her in the last episode when he followed her. The one she promised not to take off or whatever. The jester is also the guy who tells her if she wants to live she should come with him. So she was used as a weapons delivery system.

Why would anyone do something contrived and complicated like this, when you can just bring the poison yourself instead?

Integra
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden5626 Posts
April 14 2014 12:04 GMT
#21168
I stood up and clapped my hands at the end of this episode.
The best ending for a wedding, EVER
"Dark Pleasure" | | I survived the Locust war of May 3, 2014
zezamer
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland5701 Posts
April 14 2014 12:04 GMT
#21169
On April 14 2014 20:41 Orcasgt24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2014 20:17 Emnjay808 wrote:
On April 14 2014 19:58 Sejanus wrote:
By the way, I know for certain one person who posted earlier has read the books and pawns off the book knowledge as his own insights and attention to details. I don't know how to go about reporting such people without revealing the spoilers, nor whether I should do it at all, so I just want to say to that guy... you are trying to look clever, but you don't. Many people who also read the books are reading this thread, and to us you just look like a pathetic fool. Don't do it again, please.

Kwark will handle him swiftly, do not worry.

Every sunday I look at the ABL list to see who gets banned for uncanny predictions of events lol. I'm sure in a day or two I'll see more than just one post from here in that thread

its annoying when book readers guide the conversation towards what gonna happen
should stop reading this thread to avoid spoilers ybh
MagmaPunch
Profile Joined November 2011
Bulgaria536 Posts
April 14 2014 12:05 GMT
#21170
I really wondered how they were going to present the Purple Wedding and they did it brilliantly ! Well done !
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
April 14 2014 12:07 GMT
#21171
On April 14 2014 19:58 Sejanus wrote:
By the way, I know for certain one person who posted earlier has read the books and pawns off the book knowledge as his own insights and attention to details. I don't know how to go about reporting such people without revealing the spoilers, nor whether I should do it at all, so I just want to say to that guy... you are trying to look clever, but you don't. Many people who also read the books are reading this thread, and to us you just look like a pathetic fool. Don't do it again, please.

PM a mod or report the post.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Steveling
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Greece10806 Posts
April 14 2014 12:08 GMT
#21172
Poll: Joffrey died a painful death and I am

SCARED FOR TYRION >.< (34)
 
49%

HOPING FOR CERSEI TO FOLLOW (16)
 
23%

HAPPY AS A CLAM (11)
 
16%

DOING THE SLOW CLAP (8)
 
12%

69 total votes

Your vote: Joffrey died a painful death and I am

(Vote): HAPPY AS A CLAM
(Vote): DOING THE SLOW CLAP
(Vote): HOPING FOR CERSEI TO FOLLOW
(Vote): SCARED FOR TYRION >.<


My dick has shrunk to the point where it looks like I have 3 balls.
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-14 12:13:12
April 14 2014 12:12 GMT
#21173
That being said, the dialogue between Oberyn and Cersei/Tywin was so good, almost as good as that Jaime/Loras exchange. I don't think Kings Landing has a burn clinic.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
Gosi
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Sweden9072 Posts
April 14 2014 12:16 GMT
#21174
Oberyn... such an ace character haha. Really enjoying him.
[13:40] <Qbek> gosi i dreanmt about you
massivez
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium653 Posts
April 14 2014 12:17 GMT
#21175
Anybody felt a bit sorry the way Joffrey died? He deserved to die but the manner was pretty brutal (one of the most brutal ways to go). Afterall he was still a kid that for a large part was a product from his environment.
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
April 14 2014 12:20 GMT
#21176
On April 14 2014 21:17 massivez wrote:
Anybody felt a bit sorry the way Joffrey died? He deserved to die but the manner was pretty brutal (one of the most brutal ways to go). Afterall he was still a kid that for a large part was a product from his environment.

shush you, stop interrupting our celebration of the brutal murder of a ...19 year old kid.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
zezamer
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland5701 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-14 12:21:57
April 14 2014 12:21 GMT
#21177
oberyn has had best lines this season so far, such amazing character

also hoping for cersei to follow
Geo.Rion
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
7377 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-14 12:24:50
April 14 2014 12:22 GMT
#21178
On April 14 2014 19:36 Fildun wrote:
Meh, this episode needed more Arya.
Also, where was Littlefinger? He is Lord of one of the seven kingdoms right now right? He married the sister of Catelyn who was lady of the floating palace. You'd think he'd be invited for a royal wedding, especially cuz they didn't even rebel once.

And where was the rest of the kingsguard anyways?

Edit: Really liked the opening scene though. But where is Theon's sister? She went to try and get Theon back right?

Littlefinger went to court Lady Arynn, but he s not the lord of the Vale, even if he did or will succeed. The Arynns have a legitimate son (the one who s still breastfed), so the best LF can be is regent/lord protector of the Vale, for the time being. As for Lady Arynn being invited to the wedding, ye sure, just assume she declined for some random reason (her son's health or whatever)

As for the Kingsguard, Jamie is on Joeff, u can see Boros in the background and 2 are handling Tyrion

Oh and Theon's sister, yeah, no clue where she is
"Protoss is a joke" Liquid`Jinro Okt.1. 2011
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
April 14 2014 12:35 GMT
#21179
On April 14 2014 21:22 Geo.Rion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2014 19:36 Fildun wrote:
Meh, this episode needed more Arya.
Also, where was Littlefinger? He is Lord of one of the seven kingdoms right now right? He married the sister of Catelyn who was lady of the floating palace. You'd think he'd be invited for a royal wedding, especially cuz they didn't even rebel once.

And where was the rest of the kingsguard anyways?

Edit: Really liked the opening scene though. But where is Theon's sister? She went to try and get Theon back right?

Littlefinger went to court Lady Arynn, but he s not the lord of the Vale, even if he did or will succeed. The Arynns have a legitimate son (the one who s still breastfed), so the best LF can be is regent/lord protector of the Vale, for the time being. As for Lady Arynn being invited to the wedding, ye sure, just assume she declined for some random reason (her son's health or whatever)

As for the Kingsguard, Jamie is on Joeff, u can see Boros in the background and 2 are handling Tyrion

Oh and Theon's sister, yeah, no clue where she is


Pretty easy to assume that Lady Arynn would have declined. Hates Lannisters, says they killed her husband (the old hand to the king) and it was noted many times that she was a bit crazy in "protecting the vale" even though it wasn't really under attack or anything. I believe Catelyn Stark asked for her aid before she left. Or maybe Robb and Catelyn discussed it in a meeting? They both sound familiar.

Yeah no idea where Theon's sister is. Was she heading to Winterfell?
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
ToT)OjKa(
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Korea (South)2437 Posts
April 14 2014 12:45 GMT
#21180
Man that was a gruesome poisoning...
OjKa OjKa OjKa!
Prev 1 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 527
UpATreeSC 98
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 931
Dewaltoss 144
firebathero 90
Zeus 64
Trap 40
910 39
zelot 36
Sexy 25
Bale 22
NaDa 19
[ Show more ]
JYJ 19
ToSsGirL 17
Shine 15
Dota 2
Gorgc6571
420jenkins203
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1260
Fnx 846
edward72
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS155
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1683
Other Games
summit1g4233
Grubby3237
Beastyqt740
B2W.Neo620
byalli417
KnowMe162
C9.Mang0158
TKL 109
BRAT_OK 76
Railgan18
Chillindude12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV259
WardiTV258
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream120
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 6
• Adnapsc2 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki47
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur341
• WagamamaTV285
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 50m
Kung Fu Cup
15h 50m
Stellar Fest
17h 50m
The PondCast
1d 14h
OSC
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.