• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:12
CEST 18:12
KST 01:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7555 users

Series you have seen recently... - Page 8

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 18 Next All
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-12-06 16:00:08
December 06 2019 15:53 GMT
#141
The Expanse had me by the balls the moment ship turning in space scene happened.

Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
VHbb
Profile Joined October 2014
692 Posts
December 06 2019 16:13 GMT
#142
On December 06 2019 21:26 Uldridge wrote:
Up until episode 5 of the first season, it's like setting the scene for all the cool stuff to explode onto you. It's quite slow and tame (even though plenty happens). I hear the same thing from different people and was the same myself. After the confrontation on the Mars cruiser, the show just sucks you in.


I must admit something pretty stupid: the first time I watched it it was w/o subtitles (as usual for series in english) and I really struggled to get Naomi's accent
Second time with subtitles (at the beginning at least, to get used to it) was much better

I know it sounds silly..
My life for Aiur !
Longshank
Profile Joined March 2010
1648 Posts
December 06 2019 17:12 GMT
#143
I absolutely loved the first season of The Expanse when everything was still a mystery. It's still good and I'm really pumped for the new season but some of the magic is, for me, gone. There are still much unknown but last few seasons has been sooo far out that nothing really surprises me anymore. This is a common phenomenon in movies/series and The Expanse has done better than most to keep me on the edge of my seat.

Also just watched first five episodes of Watchmen. Really really cool. It beautiful and with the same brutal and twisted humour as the movie. My only worry is if they'll manage to tie it together at the end but considering how competently everything so far has been done I have good hopes that they will.
Uldridge
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium5226 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-12-06 22:28:33
December 06 2019 22:27 GMT
#144
I don't feel like it's "so far out", I actually think that the Protomolecule behaves quite like the way it would irl, I mean, the scenario seems plausible to me at least. I didn't like the secret science arc with the experiments on the children, but I guess that the evil scientist guys had a lot more knowledge about the protomolecule to begin with, it's what set the entire story in motion to begin with.
Taxes are for Terrans
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
December 07 2019 10:58 GMT
#145
I really liked the Expanse. Can't wait for season 4 !
n_n
Redox
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany24794 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-12-09 16:15:37
December 09 2019 16:14 GMT
#146
Just finished the 2nd season of Mr Robot.

I read this season is the worst of the 4 so I constantly waited for it to become bad, but somehow that never happened. I preferred it over season 1 tbh.

The characters are really good in this, even if some are over the top.
I also really like stories with an unreliable narrator, so that helped.

Now looking forward to s3 and s4, which are supposedly even better.
Off-season = best season
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-12-10 11:10:24
December 10 2019 11:06 GMT
#147
Season 3 is really good imo.
Season 4 is also pretty good, expect last episode which was useless but hey, all the rest was good !

On another note, maybe is should be in the "anime" section but I just started to watch Death Note and dam it's fucking good ! I wasn't expecting this series to be this good. Really like how L. and Light play the game.
n_n
GettingIt
Profile Joined August 2011
1656 Posts
December 10 2019 16:57 GMT
#148
On December 07 2019 02:12 Longshank wrote:
I absolutely loved the first season of The Expanse when everything was still a mystery. It's still good and I'm really pumped for the new season but some of the magic is, for me, gone. There are still much unknown but last few seasons has been sooo far out that nothing really surprises me anymore. This is a common phenomenon in movies/series and The Expanse has done better than most to keep me on the edge of my seat.

Also just watched first five episodes of Watchmen. Really really cool. It beautiful and with the same brutal and twisted humour as the movie. My only worry is if they'll manage to tie it together at the end but considering how competently everything so far has been done I have good hopes that they will.


I haven't seen the Expanse yet but am currently reading through the books. I wonder how well season 1 will hold up for me since there won't be any mystery. Glad it is still good though - I've been rushing through the books because I really want to start watching but not until I finish haha.
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10004 Posts
December 10 2019 17:02 GMT
#149
On December 11 2019 01:57 GettingIt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2019 02:12 Longshank wrote:
I absolutely loved the first season of The Expanse when everything was still a mystery. It's still good and I'm really pumped for the new season but some of the magic is, for me, gone. There are still much unknown but last few seasons has been sooo far out that nothing really surprises me anymore. This is a common phenomenon in movies/series and The Expanse has done better than most to keep me on the edge of my seat.

Also just watched first five episodes of Watchmen. Really really cool. It beautiful and with the same brutal and twisted humour as the movie. My only worry is if they'll manage to tie it together at the end but considering how competently everything so far has been done I have good hopes that they will.


I haven't seen the Expanse yet but am currently reading through the books. I wonder how well season 1 will hold up for me since there won't be any mystery. Glad it is still good though - I've been rushing through the books because I really want to start watching but not until I finish haha.


Season 1 was more about the visuals and the atmosphere than the story for me (the story was still good) so you'll hopefully still enjoy the way it is portrayed.
RIP Meatloaf <3
TheTenthDoc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9561 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-12-13 03:06:15
December 13 2019 03:04 GMT
#150
Honestly, season 1 was my favorite for the Expanse. I think I am more of a realistic sci-fi person, though, and there's a steady slide towards throwing that out the window in later seasons without even an attempt to hand-wave it (maybe the books do a better job with that). The crew's story arcs also feel like they've been trapped in a groundhog day loop of the same story beats over and over.

Hoping season 4 can at least change the latter (it's very clear it won't change the former). I am not sure I can survive another 10 episodes of wanting to strangle Holden whenever his face is on screen. All my favorite characters are the ones who literally or figuratively evaporate into thin air for the next season...and Amos.
Starlightsun
Profile Blog Joined June 2016
United States1405 Posts
December 13 2019 04:17 GMT
#151
I tried watching like 4 episodes of the Expanse but I didn't like any of the characters enough to keep watching. Maybe will give it another try later...
Uldridge
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium5226 Posts
December 13 2019 09:23 GMT
#152
The thing is with the Expanse, I started out not liking any character when they were introduced (except for Drummer maybe). They just grow on you because of their surprising depth you just get caught off guard by. Like, Holden seems extremely generic, but he's a bit deeper than that. His acting is definitely the weak point though, if I remember correctly.
Taxes are for Terrans
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-12-14 02:58:28
December 14 2019 02:57 GMT
#153
Season 4 of The Expanse is legit. Amazon budget is definitely showing too, with some high-grade actors being introduced in supporting roles and we get to see more scenes in space, which is always welcome.

I am now super pumped for season 5.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Uldridge
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium5226 Posts
December 14 2019 09:56 GMT
#154
You already binged it?
Taxes are for Terrans
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-12-14 17:33:43
December 14 2019 16:06 GMT
#155
On December 14 2019 18:56 Uldridge wrote:
You already binged it?


Yup, was a nice gift for my birthday from Amazon
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
ahw
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada1099 Posts
December 14 2019 21:58 GMT
#156
I binged up to e09, and it’s been a pretty strong season, especially considering the source novel is regarded as the worst in the series — it’s quite seperated from the overall story but still necessary.

My only complaints are the casting / character change with Arjun. He did not act like he did in previous seasons, and had a tremendous amount of screen time. Was very jarring.

On the positive side, the bigger budget was put to good use. The sets and effects are awesome, and when the story gets rolling, it does what the expanse has always done.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
December 15 2019 09:06 GMT
#157
This season is good for The Expanse. Looking forward to next season of Lost in Space which was surprisingly good imo
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
alpenrahm
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany629 Posts
December 15 2019 17:19 GMT
#158
On December 11 2019 01:57 GettingIt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2019 02:12 Longshank wrote:
I absolutely loved the first season of The Expanse when everything was still a mystery. It's still good and I'm really pumped for the new season but some of the magic is, for me, gone. There are still much unknown but last few seasons has been sooo far out that nothing really surprises me anymore. This is a common phenomenon in movies/series and The Expanse has done better than most to keep me on the edge of my seat.

Also just watched first five episodes of Watchmen. Really really cool. It beautiful and with the same brutal and twisted humour as the movie. My only worry is if they'll manage to tie it together at the end but considering how competently everything so far has been done I have good hopes that they will.


I haven't seen the Expanse yet but am currently reading through the books. I wonder how well season 1 will hold up for me since there won't be any mystery. Glad it is still good though - I've been rushing through the books because I really want to start watching but not until I finish haha.


I read all the books and just finished season 4 yesterday. The Series does some things different then the books that i really like.

Series > Books
1. The whole gender equality theme dominates the books in a manner that does provide rather little depth to it´s charakters and is in just its volume over abundant. I´m glad they decided to cut down on that. + Show Spoiler +
pa family anyone? who cares ...

2. The visual action is just top notch and a credit to the medium that is film
3. The story has been packed up to fit into the given screen time in a manner that paces it quite a lot faster and gives it more of an action vibe rather then the careful political drama scheming that is happening in the books and it works out for the series well

Books > Series
1. Depth; Charakter entanglements such as+ Show Spoiler +
Naomi having a son with the worlds most notorious terrorist that happens to throw a bunch of rocks on earth lacks foreshadowing in the series. Bobby being total badass in the books turned softy crybaby that can´t form a coherent sentence at her hearing and gets blackmailed into petty thievery in season 4 doesn´t work. And there s more to be had in this department



well it was a decent read and a really good watch if i had to sum it up
alpenrahm
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany629 Posts
December 15 2019 17:28 GMT
#159
On December 13 2019 18:23 Uldridge wrote:
The thing is with the Expanse, I started out not liking any character when they were introduced (except for Drummer maybe). They just grow on you because of their surprising depth you just get caught off guard by. Like, Holden seems extremely generic, but he's a bit deeper than that. His acting is definitely the weak point though, if I remember correctly.



i think steven strait works out well as holden. The books depict him of somewhat as an idealistic juvenile prick that does impulsive shit and is generally rather stupid but grows more into his role as captain over time. So him not really being likeable in the first couple seasons has something to do with charakter development which is pretty good acting imho.
Redox
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany24794 Posts
December 15 2019 18:06 GMT
#160
Yeah to be fair the character is at least as annoying in the books as he is n the show. :D

Although I also feel his acting is really weak. Same with Bobby and Avasarala. Naomi I like better now, but shes not great either. Amos was perfect casting though, and Gorman has been great obviously.
Off-season = best season
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 17
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 515
BRAT_OK 54
MindelVK 19
IndyStarCraft 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30590
Bisu 2814
Shuttle 1807
Hyuk 996
Mini 888
EffOrt 838
Larva 446
ZerO 258
Soma 247
firebathero 230
[ Show more ]
hero 148
Sexy 54
Hyun 44
Mong 40
PianO 39
Trap 37
Killer 34
Pusan 34
ToSsGirL 26
sorry 26
zelot 16
Bale 12
Rock 11
Terrorterran 11
Sacsri 10
JulyZerg 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc10347
qojqva1691
Dendi905
Counter-Strike
fl0m2791
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1460
crisheroes1065
Liquid`Hasu596
Other Games
singsing1949
B2W.Neo947
FrodaN845
Beastyqt680
Mlord410
Hui .223
Livibee178
KnowMe175
Liquid`VortiX164
ArmadaUGS92
Mew2King74
Trikslyr30
CosmosSc2 14
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 51
• StrangeGG 35
• mYiSmile122
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 13
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7792
League of Legends
• Jankos1761
Other Games
• Shiphtur252
• WagamamaTV212
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
48m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 48m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 48m
INu's Battles
19h 48m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 48m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.