• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:35
CEST 14:35
KST 21:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13725 users

Series you have seen recently... - Page 7

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 18 Next All
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
November 17 2019 01:48 GMT
#121
On November 15 2019 20:38 nojok wrote:
There are two majors flaws : star wars is now retrofuturism and the story was non existent. The rest was good (although too gloomy) but it's not enough imo.

What do you mean the story was non-existent? The show is called the Mandalorian and it followed the Mandalorian as he did bounty hunting and Mandalorian related activities.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
Longshank
Profile Joined March 2010
1648 Posts
November 17 2019 14:48 GMT
#122
Just watched the two first episodes of The Mandalorian and I'm very disapponted. Completely unengaging and uninspired characters and "story". 30 min long episodes with nothing but honestly quite bad action scenes. I'll have to keep watching since they involved such a major aspect of the saga but I find myself not longing for the next episode which is bad. I should.
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-11-18 03:34:58
November 18 2019 03:16 GMT
#123
On November 17 2019 23:48 Longshank wrote:
Just watched the two first episodes of The Mandalorian and I'm very disapponted. Completely unengaging and uninspired characters and "story". 30 min long episodes with nothing but honestly quite bad action scenes. I'll have to keep watching since they involved such a major aspect of the saga but I find myself not longing for the next episode which is bad. I should.

Major aspect of the saga? None of the characters involved are anywhere near another part of the cannon star wars universe nor have they said that anything in the show is going to be involved in the movie coming up. The first episode was 40 minutes and started with a great bar scene. I can get that the lower stakes story isn't your flavor but I don't get how you didn't like warner herzogs character implications or the fight at the end of the second episode.

I saw Jojo rabbit today. Jesus that movie was completely dedicated. So much nazi imagery and tiki watiki really did go full hitler. Its not for someone easily offended but I think it was a great story with actors that were legitimately good and well written.

Also it had an incredible collection of End war era military equipment and uniforms. Jeeps had turrets BAR's were held and carried around StG 44's were fireing, I saw a wolverine Panzerfausts and panzerschrecks. I saw late war Shermans and all the opel blitz, motorcycles were accurate and each country actually had different and correct ones.

It was shot in the Check republic so I guess they had these things lying around but it was still clear that people cared a lot about the film. Against Huge warning for people who are deeply uncomfortable with nazi imagry and "funny" nazies.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
Longshank
Profile Joined March 2010
1648 Posts
November 18 2019 10:22 GMT
#124
On November 18 2019 12:16 Sermokala wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2019 23:48 Longshank wrote:
Just watched the two first episodes of The Mandalorian and I'm very disapponted. Completely unengaging and uninspired characters and "story". 30 min long episodes with nothing but honestly quite bad action scenes. I'll have to keep watching since they involved such a major aspect of the saga but I find myself not longing for the next episode which is bad. I should.

Major aspect of the saga? None of the characters involved are anywhere near another part of the cannon star wars universe nor have they said that anything in the show is going to be involved in the movie coming up. The first episode was 40 minutes and started with a great bar scene. I can get that the lower stakes story isn't your flavor but I don't get how you didn't like warner herzogs character implications or the fight at the end of the second episode.

Guess that remains to be seen but I would be suprised if someone isn't related or connected to someone major. I don't mind lower stake stories at all, quite the contrary, but it has to be replaced with something else like interesting characters or dialogues or something. I give you that first episode had some good scenes but the second one was a 30 minutes World of Warcraft quest.
Dav1oN
Profile Joined January 2012
Ukraine3164 Posts
November 19 2019 15:40 GMT
#125
[image loading]

Latest BBC Nature series featring Sir David Attenborough - Seven Worlds One Planet just keep the highest level of qualify and moviemaking as it used to be in Planet Earth 2, Blue Planet 2, Dynasties and so on.

What a masterpiece :O
In memory of Geoff "iNcontroL" Robinson 11.09.1985 - 21.07.2019 A tribute to incredible man, embodiment of joy, esports titan, starcraft community pillar all in one. You will always be remembered!
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17891 Posts
November 25 2019 09:48 GMT
#126
Just got through Season 3 of Columbo. I tell ya, Star Wars could use a hero like Lieutenant Columbo. The affable , fumbling, bumbling detective...



In this episode Columbo has a very good idea who did it. The question is... how does he prove the Police Commissioner killed his wife?

Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
nojok
Profile Joined May 2011
France15846 Posts
November 25 2019 11:44 GMT
#127
On November 17 2019 10:48 Sermokala wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2019 20:38 nojok wrote:
There are two majors flaws : star wars is now retrofuturism and the story was non existent. The rest was good (although too gloomy) but it's not enough imo.

What do you mean the story was non-existent? The show is called the Mandalorian and it followed the Mandalorian as he did bounty hunting and Mandalorian related activities.

A bounty hunter bounty hunting is not a story. The story may be focused on very different stuff, like the world is the main protagonist in LotR, inner feelings when people are just doing normal stuff or simply the plot. We have none of that in the Mandalorian, literally faceless hero, old sci-fi universe with nothing new to be excited about and the action scenes feel disconnected and don't make the story progress. The packaging is nice but it feels empty.
"Back then teams that won were credited, now it's called throw. I think it's sad." - Kuroky - Flap Flap Wings!
Redox
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany24794 Posts
November 25 2019 21:29 GMT
#128
I also find the Mandalorian pretty boring. When I watch it I think yeah nice sets, nice props, that's it.
Not much to care about and almost no acting thanks to all those masks with the small exception of Herzog.

They are extremely true to the Star Wars universe with its sounds, looks, physics etc so I guess it is nice for fans. But it kinda feels like one of those well done fan made films, just stretched out.
Off-season = best season
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
November 26 2019 03:37 GMT
#129
Just finished the second season of Final Space.

Was seriously not ready for another soul crushing ride, but I love it each time. The music in this show is beyond anything really...
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
November 26 2019 04:17 GMT
#130
I like the simplicity and sparseness of the storytelling in The Mandalorian, but I can see how it can turn off some viewers. The show kinda feels like a video game, and I genuinely wish for a game like that.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Malongo
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Chile3479 Posts
November 27 2019 08:44 GMT
#131
Before watching Final Space season 2 I watched season 1 again. Two chapters in of the new season and got bored: new characters are uninspiring and the script went full dragon ball collecting stuff to summon Shenlong. I´ll leave it for now.

Also watched Chernobyl for the first time. What a masterpiece.There are also a series of podcasts on youtube with the producer Craig Mazin, totally recomended and almost as good as the series. I can´t overstate how good Chernobyl is.
Help me! im still improving my English. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. M. G.
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
December 05 2019 07:57 GMT
#132
Just finished Unbelievable. It's pretty much True Detective: Feminist Edition. The wokeness in it wasn't all that bad apart from maybe 2 or 3 cringy scenes (and they're all closer to the end) and it's worth watching regardless if you like slow burn crime series like that.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
GettingIt
Profile Joined August 2011
1656 Posts
December 05 2019 15:52 GMT
#133
My currently watching list:

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Carnival Row
American Vandal
Dark
Kingdom
Stranger Things S3

I need to start focusing on a single show.....
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
December 05 2019 17:46 GMT
#134
On November 26 2019 13:17 eviltomahawk wrote:
I like the simplicity and sparseness of the storytelling in The Mandalorian, but I can see how it can turn off some viewers. The show kinda feels like a video game, and I genuinely wish for a game like that.


I like it too, Star Wars it's a scy-fi show with a simple plot (good vs evil) and lots of special effects. Not Game of Thrones or god forbid, some sort of political pandering.
Dav1oN
Profile Joined January 2012
Ukraine3164 Posts
December 05 2019 22:39 GMT
#135


Can't wait! s1 was almost perfect and the best series of 2019 for me so far
In memory of Geoff "iNcontroL" Robinson 11.09.1985 - 21.07.2019 A tribute to incredible man, embodiment of joy, esports titan, starcraft community pillar all in one. You will always be remembered!
Redox
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany24794 Posts
December 06 2019 06:19 GMT
#136
I wish I could get into His Dark materials, but I just cant. Last episode was without Mrs Coulter which is apparently the only character interesting to me so I could barely get through it.
It is not the fault of the series per se, it is really well done. Just the good guys are all so uninteresting and the literal deus ex machina the main character carries with her makes everything so much more boring.
Maybe I am just too old for this kind of stories.
Off-season = best season
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10004 Posts
December 06 2019 08:16 GMT
#137
On December 06 2019 15:19 Redox wrote:
I wish I could get into His Dark materials, but I just cant. Last episode was without Mrs Coulter which is apparently the only character interesting to me so I could barely get through it.
It is not the fault of the series per se, it is really well done. Just the good guys are all so uninteresting and the literal deus ex machina the main character carries with her makes everything so much more boring.
Maybe I am just too old for this kind of stories.


I agree with you Redox.
I rarely talk about it because it appears to be a 'sacred text' in fantasy circles, but I find it incredibly lame and boring.
RIP Meatloaf <3
VHbb
Profile Joined October 2014
692 Posts
December 06 2019 11:02 GMT
#138
The Expanse new season is about to drop!
A few years ago I tried to watch the 1st season and I couldn't get past the first 3-4 episodes: this year I re-tried and I binged the whole series to the end, incredibly entertaining and super cool characters and settings.. so I'm quite hyped for the new season
(tbh I'm more hyped for the Expanse than for the new Star Wars, which for me is quite strange )
My life for Aiur !
Uldridge
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium5226 Posts
December 06 2019 12:26 GMT
#139
Up until episode 5 of the first season, it's like setting the scene for all the cool stuff to explode onto you. It's quite slow and tame (even though plenty happens). I hear the same thing from different people and was the same myself. After the confrontation on the Mars cruiser, the show just sucks you in.
Taxes are for Terrans
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10004 Posts
December 06 2019 12:34 GMT
#140
On December 06 2019 21:26 Uldridge wrote:
Up until episode 5 of the first season, it's like setting the scene for all the cool stuff to explode onto you. It's quite slow and tame (even though plenty happens). I hear the same thing from different people and was the same myself. After the confrontation on the Mars cruiser, the show just sucks you in.


To me the Expanse is amazing but is getting cornier and cheesier as time goes on.
Still good though, but some of the last series was unbelievably cringey, as if they were trying to Marvel it up a bit.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings114
CranKy Ducklings SOOP46
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko309
SHIN 198
ProTech142
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37789
Bisu 1705
Hyuk 1618
Shuttle 1397
EffOrt 413
Mind 322
Larva 321
firebathero 261
Mini 250
Soma 198
[ Show more ]
ZerO 171
Last 146
Hm[arnc] 99
Leta 90
Zeus 76
Pusan 60
hero 56
Hyun 52
Killer 45
Sexy 42
Trap 40
Bale 36
ToSsGirL 27
PianO 26
Aegong 25
sorry 20
zelot 19
yabsab 12
JulyZerg 10
Noble 8
Sacsri 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc2541
qojqva1318
Dendi1101
XcaliburYe421
XaKoH 414
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1559
crisheroes359
Other Games
gofns32442
singsing2579
B2W.Neo1076
DeMusliM260
Happy231
Livibee115
ToD113
Mew2King108
ArmadaUGS47
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream165
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 65
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8683
League of Legends
• Jankos1630
Other Games
• WagamamaTV242
Upcoming Events
FEL
3h 25m
AI Arena Tournament
4h 25m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 25m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 25m
INu's Battles
23h 25m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.