• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:54
CEST 19:54
KST 02:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8787 users

Series you have seen recently... - Page 10

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 18 Next All
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
January 27 2020 14:15 GMT
#181
[image loading]

Rise of Empires: Ottoman

I just watched that during the weekend and it was really nice. it's a good mix between documentary and Historical series.

They did this really well and I can wait to see a new series about another Empires.

Recommended to anyone that like History.
n_n
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
January 28 2020 06:37 GMT
#182
On January 26 2020 04:43 Chewbacca. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2020 10:20 eviltomahawk wrote:
First episode of Star Trek: Picard was very promising. It seems to have a greater respect for the franchise compared to Discovery. Patrick Stewart still commands a sense of gravitas to his performance.

Agreed, very nice start to the series, and I liked how there were a ton of connections to the previous shows/movies.


It seems that this show won't receive a warm welcome from the Star Trek fans...



Made me laugh pretty hard (I'm kinda like Jay in this review).
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
imJealous
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1382 Posts
January 28 2020 15:25 GMT
#183
HBO's The Outsider has got me freaking out every time I turn the lights off before bed now...
... In life very little goes right. "Right" meaning the way one expected and the way one wanted it. One has no right to want or expect anything.
Starlightsun
Profile Blog Joined June 2016
United States1405 Posts
February 02 2020 06:52 GMT
#184
Just gave Six Feet Under another try and finished the first season. It's really good actually, the characters grow on you as you see other sides of them.
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-08 14:02:29
February 08 2020 13:58 GMT
#185
[image loading]

Fortitude Season 2

So, I've somehow missed out on 2 whole seasons of this show. Absolutely loved the first season. In second season they turned the sick shit dial all the way over to 11 but it actually benefits the show rather than detracting from it. It's everything that Hannibal wanted to be but couldn't quite make it. Right now I think this is the best show to tackle madness and paranormal stuff balanced out by scientific approach (where they actually employ the scientific method). The best thing about it are the characters though. They feel real and you're genuinely interested in them.

Good story, great characters, gripping and intense. I love this show. On to season 3 now
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10004 Posts
February 20 2020 21:30 GMT
#186
Just got finished with The Stranger and Locke and Key.

Its nice to see the Killjoys crew getting straight back on it!

The Stranger:

This was OK. I'll admit I was hooked but having binged it I don't think it'll stick in the memory for very long. Its a BBC type thriller with a fairly good central mystery. The acting is good and its competently made and written but nothing more than that really. Good if you want to binge something and then forget about it.
Its not art.
5/10

Locke and Key:

I thought this was really lame when it started, but it grew on me alot. Its a teen drama/haunted house fantasy show with some pretty good characters. Its like its really good in some ways and really bad in others (the whole 'parents don't remember magic' is a lazy idea imo).
The comparisons to Stranger Things are way off.
6.5/10
RIP Meatloaf <3
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
February 22 2020 13:12 GMT
#187
[image loading]

Sense 8

Really great and intriguing show. The first time I saw the premise for it I didn't really give it a chance and now that I have it resulted in me binging the entire first season and forging on through second. AAA production value, cool characters and nice plot. Another thing worth mentioning is the choice of music, where you not only get awesome pieces but they're also carefully chosen to really fit what's going on the screen at the time. It's also really nice from the technical standpoint, where even a simple scene of just 2 characters talking is taking place in 2 different locations at the same time and they're switching seamlessly between them (super cool effect).

Just a note of warning if you haven't seen it already. This show is the wokest of them all (including gratuitous scenes of gay sex too) but unlike in the other "woke" shows it actually works really well for this one and fits into the universe that is established for it.

The only negative thing I have to say about this show is that some scenes simply drag on a bit too long for my taste. There's a lot of talking about emotions and such and some of it just isn't my cup of tea so I ended up fast-forwarding a few scenes.

10/10
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Uldridge
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium5226 Posts
February 22 2020 14:30 GMT
#188
So you do have a small gripe about a show and still give it 10/10.. can't say I like that, man.
Taxes are for Terrans
Starlightsun
Profile Blog Joined June 2016
United States1405 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-22 18:27:45
February 22 2020 18:16 GMT
#189
Better Call Saul season 5 starting Sunday. I just finished S4. Thought it was a little weaker than previous seasons but still captivating... 7/10
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-22 19:25:53
February 22 2020 18:17 GMT
#190
On February 22 2020 23:30 Uldridge wrote:
So you do have a small gripe about a show and still give it 10/10.. can't say I like that, man.


My gripe was really small and personal. Can't judge the show on that since it was a very minor drawback for me and could be a huge draw for others. I would deduct points if this was a flaw that happened often or was particularly egregious. 2-3 conversations being a tad too long for my taste over the course of 12 episodes isn't something warranting a point deduction in my book and I've enjoyed the show so much that giving it anything else than 10/10 would be a disservice to it and would not reflect the amount of fun and entertainment it has provided me.

Edit:

Just wanted to add that the camera work, framing, the use of color etc. are so fucking good in this one. It really puts most Hollywood movies to shame and I keep getting totally entranced by some of the shots. I totally agree with those awards it got:
Outstanding Color Grading – Television
Outstanding Locations in a Contemporary Television Series
Outstanding Cinematography for a Single-Camera Series (One Hour)
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10004 Posts
February 22 2020 19:47 GMT
#191
On February 23 2020 03:17 Manit0u wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2020 23:30 Uldridge wrote:
So you do have a small gripe about a show and still give it 10/10.. can't say I like that, man.


My gripe was really small and personal. Can't judge the show on that since it was a very minor drawback for me and could be a huge draw for others. I would deduct points if this was a flaw that happened often or was particularly egregious. 2-3 conversations being a tad too long for my taste over the course of 12 episodes isn't something warranting a point deduction in my book and I've enjoyed the show so much that giving it anything else than 10/10 would be a disservice to it and would not reflect the amount of fun and entertainment it has provided me.

Edit:

Just wanted to add that the camera work, framing, the use of color etc. are so fucking good in this one. It really puts most Hollywood movies to shame and I keep getting totally entranced by some of the shots. I totally agree with those awards it got:
Outstanding Color Grading – Television
Outstanding Locations in a Contemporary Television Series
Outstanding Cinematography for a Single-Camera Series (One Hour)


I agree with this, but for some reason the series just didn't grab me. I stopped watching about 2/3 into season 1 and never really felt the need to pick it up again.

I think I found it too Wachowski-ish. You know like sincere and then some, with very little self awareness (in terms of script) and it turned me off. I've also seen Cloud Atlas a bunch of times and this explores very similar ideas in a very similar way but far less subtle.

Bae Doona kicks ass though.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
February 23 2020 02:44 GMT
#192
On February 23 2020 04:47 Jockmcplop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2020 03:17 Manit0u wrote:
On February 22 2020 23:30 Uldridge wrote:
So you do have a small gripe about a show and still give it 10/10.. can't say I like that, man.


My gripe was really small and personal. Can't judge the show on that since it was a very minor drawback for me and could be a huge draw for others. I would deduct points if this was a flaw that happened often or was particularly egregious. 2-3 conversations being a tad too long for my taste over the course of 12 episodes isn't something warranting a point deduction in my book and I've enjoyed the show so much that giving it anything else than 10/10 would be a disservice to it and would not reflect the amount of fun and entertainment it has provided me.

Edit:

Just wanted to add that the camera work, framing, the use of color etc. are so fucking good in this one. It really puts most Hollywood movies to shame and I keep getting totally entranced by some of the shots. I totally agree with those awards it got:
Outstanding Color Grading – Television
Outstanding Locations in a Contemporary Television Series
Outstanding Cinematography for a Single-Camera Series (One Hour)


I agree with this, but for some reason the series just didn't grab me. I stopped watching about 2/3 into season 1 and never really felt the need to pick it up again.

I think I found it too Wachowski-ish. You know like sincere and then some, with very little self awareness (in terms of script) and it turned me off. I've also seen Cloud Atlas a bunch of times and this explores very similar ideas in a very similar way but far less subtle.

Bae Doona kicks ass though.


Hahaha. Funnily enough I've really enjoyed this one but couldn't get through Cloud Atlas
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
zaMNal
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Mongolia385 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-03-21 16:53:11
March 21 2020 16:50 GMT
#193
[image loading]

Kingdom
Season 1+2, Netflix

Was quite impressed by this Korean series, which includes elements of thriller, action and comedy. Captivating plot about a mysterious illness that threatens to spread over the kingdom. Full of shocks and surprises. Great cinematography. Each season has 6 episodes, 2nd season aired last week. Would recommend to anyone who seeks quality entertainment. Check out the trailer for season 1 on YouTube.

9/10

On to Better Call Saul season 5 and Cobra Kai Season 3 after that, I hope.

Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10960 Posts
March 25 2020 03:40 GMT
#194
On June 11 2019 09:28 Manit0u wrote:
[image loading]

Good Omens

Bloody brilliant. This here, ladies and gents is how you make a TV series. It's like The American Gods meets The Omen, meets Terry Pratchett. It's a truly wonderful and lighthearted journey through The End Times.

I was rather skeptical about this series after seeing the trailer but got hooked on it from the first episode. It's actually very funny while talking about some serious problems of the modern world. The acting is great, characters are great and the entire structure of it is fucking amazing. Every reveal and reinforcement has its payoff, there are no bland and boring "filler episodes" or anything like that, everything has a purpose and nothing drags out.

I don't know if it's the actors' or the director's work here but all the little tiny details kept wowing me. Take for instance a simple scene where angel and demon are walking together and while angel always follows the path the demon always cuts the corners a bit, stomping on the grass. Simple yet effective in reinforcing their character traits.

10/10, would recommend.


Watched this thanks to home office.. I really enjoyed it. Now i am not so full of praise like the quote but.. it was funny, it was kinda short and at most one episode too long . Recommend 9/10 for everyone that is at home and has to watch everything thanks to corona 8/10 else.

Also watched the Mandalorian.
I fucking loved it. I'm so done with starwars, i didn't watch the new movie in cinema and not at all... But this? This is kinda italo western. I love italo western. It's also kinda a-teanm, mc gyver... i love a-team and mcgyver. This is seriously revolutionariy... You can binge it and get some "greater connection" or you can just watch single episodes and see the mandalorian doing awesome shit. its awesome.
If your a person that does not like italo western.. well, your most likely a bad person anyway.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
March 28 2020 13:11 GMT
#195
Tiger King is even more amazing than the memes. It's like the opposite of Bird Box
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Garbels
Profile Joined July 2010
Austria653 Posts
March 29 2020 12:03 GMT
#196
Watched Star Trek - Picard

Would not recommend.
ShAsTa
Profile Joined November 2002
Belgium2841 Posts
March 29 2020 12:37 GMT
#197
I quite liked Picard up to episode 8 but it all kind of fell apart in the last 2 episodes.
If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.
virpi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany3599 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-03-31 17:42:28
March 31 2020 17:42 GMT
#198
Sense8 is great if you can deal with it that it's basically propaganda. (I don't mind that, because I concur with most of the ideas expressed in the series.)

I can't force myself to continue watching ST Picard. The first episode was okay, but I'm a huge TNG fan, so I'm kind of afraid that my childhood hero will end up doing dumb stuff.
first we make expand, then we defense it.
Sapaio
Profile Joined October 2017
Denmark2037 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-03-31 17:44:57
March 31 2020 17:44 GMT
#199
Mistype sorry
GO OG
InFiNitY[pG]
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Germany3474 Posts
April 01 2020 02:34 GMT
#200
On March 28 2020 22:11 GreenHorizons wrote:
Tiger King is even more amazing than the memes. It's like the opposite of Bird Box


Agreed. Everyone should watch that asap.
"I just pressed stimpack, and somehow I won the battle" -Flash
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 237
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 237
BRAT_OK 64
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27127
Mini 431
Hyuk 238
firebathero 186
ggaemo 138
Liquid`Ret 72
Mong 54
Hyun 39
ToSsGirL 25
PianO 23
[ Show more ]
Bale 9
Dota 2
Gorgc10141
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1344
crisheroes1164
Liquid`Hasu704
Other Games
Grubby2863
FrodaN1802
fl0m1177
Beastyqt1041
Mlord445
KnowMe182
Livibee145
ArmadaUGS129
mouzStarbuck82
Mew2King65
Trikslyr45
ToD41
CosmosSc2 17
Chillindude13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1022
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 94
• StrangeGG 58
• mYiSmile119
• LUISG 15
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8029
Other Games
• imaqtpie623
• Shiphtur302
• WagamamaTV236
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 6m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 6m
INu's Battles
18h 6m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
21h 6m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.